Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
PeteF3

[1992-09-19-FMW-3rd Anniversary Show] Megumi Kudo & Combat Toyoda vs Bull Nakano & Akira Hokuto

An historic occasion as the interpromotional era begins. Great crowd heat. Action packed bout, tightly paced and fun to watch. The FMW team didn't get a lot of change out of Nakano but were able to put up a decent fight. The clipped version on the comm made it look a more even bout than it actually was!

I recently came across the handheld version of this match where the match is in full and I really enjoyed it.

I agree with Zenjo's comment about it being action packed and it had a fast pace but not like how FMW tape made it look like it was pure insanity throughout the match with Hokuto and Bull blitzing Kudo and Combat.

They cut a section after Hokuto had Kudo in the Romero Special where Hokuto put the Sasorigatame (scorpion death lock) on Kudo and held it on while Combat was throwing punches and kicks at Hokuto. Hokuto, sticking to her stubborn character, didn't break the hold as she tells Combat to bring it while still havig the hold on and the crowd erupts with "Hokuto" chants. Hokuto then takes Kudo and does a nasty backdrop to only get a two count cause she pulls Kudo up by her hair looking at Combat running to break up the pin. Then Bull comes in to put on the inverted Scorpion Death Lock facing the corner where Combat is standing to taunt her some more. Kudo then gets her hope spot as she does a wheelbarrow victory roll for two on Bull. Bull gets control after that and tags in Hokuto where they go into the sequence where you see on the FMW tape that Kudo goes to second rope off the Irish whip into the corner for a twisting body press on Hokuto.

I thought that sequence in the match turned the match into a good match to enjoy and something you don't get on the FMW commercial tape.

EDIT: I decided to edit together both the pro shot and the handheld so it's complete.

First off, great job on the edit. I loved it. Second off, this match rules. Good hate, sustained crowd heat and didn’t overstay it’s welcome. ****