Pro Wrestling Only

Bill Demott is not a good human Thread

goodhelmet

The bigger issue is not just that DeMott did all that, it's that by all indications it appears this was ignored and covered up by others within the company when people dared to bring it up (let alone if they were actually encouraging it). And those that did dare to speak were usually punished or gotten rid of. This is the story that should be brought up.

Be a star indeed.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that have been waving the poms poms in preparation of Triple H triumphantly taking over WWE, the DeMott situation should give pause for thought. This was spectacularly mishandled by the WWE Talent Relations department, which Triple H runs.

For those that have been waving the poms poms in preparation of Triple H triumphantly taking over WWE, the DeMott situation should give pause for thought. This was spectacularly mishandled by the WWE Talent Relations department, which Triple H runs.

Wasn't Demott already in the position when HHH took over?

HHH is responsible for everything good, and Vince is responsible for everything bad. Therefore, this was Vince's call.

eh, even on reddit you're starting to see more people calling bullshit on that narrative. HHH was apparently a fan of demott's as well, and that seems to have opened some eyes. i think the recent treatment of bryan has increased people's skepticism, too.

also surprised this thread never mentioned the strength & conditioning coach being accused of sexual harassment as well. at the very least, he got caught posting pics of WWE women's asses on facebook. actually, i think that may have been in the linked washington post article...

I'm not sure about when the divas making harassment complaints and the conditioning coach that stood up for them were fired. Either it went through Hunter's office or it didn't, but it almost certainly would have gotten back to him. On another note, I'm sure Zack Ryder is really stoked that picture of Demott making Festus shove his ass in Ryder's face is out there. At least he'll probably always have a job.

Wasn't Demott already in the position when HHH took over?

DeMott was hired as WWE's head trainer in early June 2012, which was the period Triple H was taking over John Laurinaitis' position as EVP of Talent Relations. Other Triple H hires like Canyon Ceman and Jane Geddes were hired before DeMott was brought in.

I think the real interesting part in this is whether Jane Geddes is going to make any noise now that she's been let go. Apparently she was moved from her spot as head of Talent Relations for going to bat for the women in NXT over some of this stuff.

The new Jim Ross blog really made my skin crawl and blood boil. Every cliché you would expect to see is in there unironically.

Yeah, you'd think people would read all the details before going on about how training is supposed to be rough, which this shit went way, way beyond. When guys like Bob Holly say "Where there's smoke there's fire", you might want to keep keep your yap shut.

Still, when one guy who's an asshole basically says "this guy's an asshole" it should end all the "well it's just some bitter lazy millenials" nonsense.

The reddit post linked from the Post article made me wonder who the blind items are. The female exec who was removed is obviously Geddes, but she mentioned two divas were fired but if you follow rumors it shouldn't be hard to put two and two together.

Also I wonder if all this being revealed how sexual harassment was being covered up was the real reason AJ blasted Stephanie on Twitter. All that talk of female empowerment while your husband enables a serial abuser and removes the only person willing to go to bat for female wrestlers.

The Washington Post isn't going to run with the story. It's not like they have a reporter on it.

It's from their sportsy culturey blog, which almost no one reads or is aware of. Except when WWE is mentioned. Then it'll show up in their top 5 web stories for a short bit.

Guessing that's mostly wrestling fans clicking in.

Demott gone is story over, unless there's a lawsuit. And Demott's resignation makes that unlikely. His return may not be so likely either.

The bigger issue is not just that DeMott did all that, it's that by all indications it appears this was ignored and covered up by others within the company when people dared to bring it up (let alone if they were actually encouraging it). And those that did dare to speak were usually punished or gotten rid of. This is the story that should be brought up.

Be a star indeed.

That's my reservation as well. The Demott stuff is not news to WWE. They knew about it, they didn't act.

Still, when one guy who's an asshole basically says "this guy's an asshole" it should end all the "well it's just some bitter lazy millenials" nonsense.

The reddit post linked from the Post article made me wonder who the blind items are. The female exec who was removed is obviously Geddes, but she mentioned two divas were fired but if you follow rumors it shouldn't be hard to put two and two together.

Dave's write up in the new WON seems to indicate Ivelisse Valez is one of the divas who was released, I guess her "attitude issues" were not wanting to put up with Bill's bullshit.