Pro Wrestling Only

Flair's podcast (WOOOOONation)

Don't forget, Hogan really wanted to work Bret in WCW but Bret got concussed. You know, two years after Bret arrived.

In all fairness, you know what to expect from a Hogan interview at this stage. The road stories were entertaining enough.

The plan at one point during the Fall was to do Hogan-Hart at Starrcade '99, so definitely some truth to that, but Russo came in and obviously plans changed. Bret returned to TV at Fall Brawl '99 and shook hands with Hogan and Sting IIRC before their title match. By the time Hogan was back in February, Bret was done so the best they settled for an angle was Hart laying out Hogan at the end of a TV (can't remember if it was Nitro or Thunder but they cut off the air before showing what happened as a cliffhanger for the next one).

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget, Hogan really wanted to work Bret in WCW but Bret got concussed. You know, two years after Bret arrived.

In all fairness, you know what to expect from a Hogan interview at this stage. The road stories were entertaining enough.

Hogan has got a set of pre-packaged bullshit stories that he's usually semi-consistent with so it's funny to see him scramble when he does not have a ready-made answer. Like he doesn't know why Hart hates him.

Podcast was entertaining for what it was but Hogan is Hogan so that's what you get.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I expected Flair's podcast to SUCK because of his Legends of wrestling appearances and I'm happy that I was completely wrong. This is the one podcast that I normally listen to right after it gets released.

The latest edition with Schiavone had a great Black Scorpion story that had me legit laughing like an idiot, which was quite inconvenient because I was on a train in Bangkok.

• 1 month later...

LOL!

Okay, he has had Luger, Sting, Tully, JJ and now Mongo on.

Clearly Hennig, Pillman, Benoit, Woman and Elizabeth, can't ever be on.

Rift with Ole would prevent him from being on, I doubt Roma would be in a position to come on for much of the same reasons, and I'd assume Debra is also on the outs with those in the sport's circles as well. Likewise, I wonder if Jarrett is kind of a pariah for these shows despite still having relationships with TNA and whatever relationships he's cultivated with GFW.

I assume a freeze on WWE employees being on independent podcasts without any sort of pre-existing arrangement (Austin and Y2J having video versions of their casts on The Network) is preventing Malenko and Arn to appear.

So I guess that leaves Barry Windham and Sid as the only Horsemen left that can realistically appear on Flair's show?

• 4 weeks later...

WWE producers knew how to manipulate to get responses that would make a good story. They tricked Piper into badmouthing Bret on the originally planned and later canned "Screwed: The Bret Hart Story" by saying "Bret Hart tells everyone he's the greatest technical wrestler to ever live. Do you agree?" and then Piper said "No, Bob Orton was" and started in before stopping when he realized what they were doing.