Pro Wrestling Only

Global Force Wrestling

Mad Dog

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give this a shot . If I can get away from work early , I will go to the first show in Jackson , TN . It is about 80 miles from my home. The big question to me is will GFW simply be TNA without the Carter family or an interesting wrestling promotion that I can enjoy ? We will find out soon enough .

Also I would imagine the talent line ups for these baseball shows will not featured many of the talents announced in Las Vegas. I would imagine that the undercard will consist of regional and OVW talent. I still look for names like Cliff Compton , Tommy Mercer , Shane Williams , Shawn Schultz , Tate Twins , Jason Kincaid , the top OVW guys and other Southern indy guys to fill out thecards. I would be great with having local guys with high potential on these cards. I love to see new talent get a break.

I'm just not sure what he offers at this point. He's not going to sell tickets or attract viewers. He's most associated with being a dancing comedy jobber. His WWE past probably hurts rather than helps. If they're thinking of actually showcasing him on their television, they'd be better off bringing in a monster equivalent with no national exposure. It'd be easier to build someone who's fresh, and cost effective too.

Brodus Clay ? The Young Bucks ?

Ok, my interest dropped off a cliff already.

Really, Jeff Jarrett should beat AJ Styles in the main event of the first card to crown the first GWF World champion after six Bullet Club run-in and Karen stripping to her G-string. Ok, maybe that's harsh, but still...

Jimmy Rave might surprise some folks, or even older fans that dropped out of following him after his last ROH stay. Some could argue that he's actually only improved since then. I'd probably classify him as a wiser worker nowadays - at the very least.

The Young Bucks are fun. Their act is over like Rover most places they go, whether traditionalists are into them or not. I could certainly see the appeal they'd bring to the table. Same could be said for all of the Bullet Club ranks frankly.

Styles has been setting shit on fire since leaving TNA. Can't see any reason why they WOULDN'T at least try to pursue him & lock him into some kind of deal.

I just wish Austin Aries - or hell, even Bobby Roode - would break loose from TNA and undergo a redemption run of their own by this time next year. I could see them making similar waves.

Shelton Benjamin , Andrew Everett , Scott and Cody Hall are booked in Jackson , MS. DDP and Hacksaw Duggan doing PR for GFW . Looks like Jarrett are booking every available name and just seeing who gets over. That the way I would book it a new company . Just throw everybody out there and let the fans decide who stays and who goes.

Still waiting for Tommy Mercer , Shawn Schultz and Shawn Williams names to be called .

Well they announced dates in Texas for September. So I'll at least check out one of the shows.

I'll be at the show in Corpus Christi for sure, but won't travel to San Antonio for something like this.

I live in Austin so San Antonio or Round Rock are possibilities. If the line ups are different and interesting I might do both.

Well they announced dates in Texas for September. So I'll at least check out one of the shows.

Any indy guys in Texas that might get a look from Jarrett's group. I know that Raymond Rowe and ACH are with ROH . Lance Hoyt already been booked. Anybody else down that might show up in GFW ?

No one stands out. Sammy Guevara has talent but is a head case. Andy Dalton would be a fun underneath heel, but doesn't have the look. Matthew Palmer is another guy I like who's too small. If they're looking at females Athena's made a name for herself on the indies. Some of the NWA guys are serviceable.

I stand amazed that someone can start up a company in 2015 doing the same old stuff.

We are in a world where cable is dying and internet streaming is on the rise.

In 2015 why would you just be shooting a pilot and then shopping it to networks? Look around and youtube has more viewers than tv. Netflix is very successful and things like this is what you should be looking into. Why try so hard to get on TV, when it's a medium that is going down.

I'm not sure exactly what you should do, but I would think talking to netflix, youtube, etc.. would be something you'd look into first and screw network tv. The internet is where the young people are. There is so many reports stating that and a lot of kids think youtube stars are bigger than tv stars. Get with the times already.

We interviewed Jarrett at The Tag Rope a month back and he was really pushing the idea of using TV as a way to boost GFW's online presence. Not sure if he will hold true to that statement, but if he uses the TV and house shows to boost an online streaming service or to hook up with Hulu somehow then he's doing things right I think.

We interviewed Jarrett at The Tag Rope a month back and he was really pushing the idea of using TV as a way to boost GFW's online presence. Not sure if he will hold true to that statement, but if he uses the TV and house shows to boost an online streaming service or to hook up with Hulu somehow then he's doing things right I think.

Yeah, if the idea is to use tv to get popular enough to quit tv than he might have a chance.

Also this pretending the tv show is live bullshit should stop too.

TV is still where the money is though. Meltzer keeps harping on about how the old wrestling model where you use TV to promote your live and PPV busines is no longer viable, you need TV money to operate now.

Except for the shows that get by well on Netflix, Hulu or Yahoo. Except for all the shows that do well on youtube.

I don't think the creators of Daredevil would had made as much money on TV, do you?

Aside from Lucha Libre USA and some bad documentaries, the only wrestling on Hulu is WWE, and I imagine there are contracts in place to keep it that way.

I suppose Netflix is possible, as there’s a lot of trashy episodic TV from small-time networks on there. By Netflix standards it’s all barely watched, but it’s there. Getting there seems doable only if their TV company has the ability to close the deal, which means hooking up with a hot network that isn't owned by Comcast, FOX, or Disney. Destination America has been “in talks” with Netflix for six months, and nothing’s happened. Even if DA got programming on there, it wouldn’t necessarily be TNA (and they have a better case to make for being there than GFW would). ROH in its present form would stand no chance of getting on Netflix, and I don't see GFW being miles ahead of them.

The highest paid YouTubers are European video game reviewers and ASMR ladies who open toy boxes while meowing. If those are your kingpins, then Lucha VaVoom, Kaiju and Chikara stand a better chance than Jarrett does. The top attractions have millions of subscribers, and billions of views. In USD, after YouTube takes their sizable 45% cut, the ten biggest acts on Youtube make between $500K and $8 million/year. I’m not saying a wrestling company of TNA rejects can’t make money. But when your best case, virtually impossible scenario earns a couple million dollars a year (and rest assured, GFW would make far less than that), I can understand why Jarrett thinks a mediocre syndication or cable deal has more upside. Maybe that’s short-sighted, but it seems unrealistic to think that a Youtube-only wrestling show of solid hands and also-rans would triumph.

The only current free agents in wrestling capable of moving the needle are CM Punk and maybe Shane McMahon. If you’re trying to be an online sensation, who are you putting on your Times Square billboard? TNA at the peak of their financial recklessness in 2010 spent millions to get Hogan, Flair, Hardy, Bischoff, Nash, Hall, and a dozen others. It achieved less than nothing.

The real goal should be: built your own sensations from scratch, and keep costs low enough that you can afford to grow for five years and learn from mistakes. Make friends in nerd media. Get enough breathing room to make pivots as needed, and become a viable international brand by giving guys from Japan, the UK and Mexico an American platform. Most of which boils down to timing, luck, and putting microphones in front of the right people.