Pro Wrestling Only

Stan Hansen vs. Terry Funk

goodhelmet

Who would you rank higher?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rank higher?

• Stan Hansen
    • Terry Funk

That is true, their matches weren't bad they just weren't as good as you thought they might be. But that happens from time to time in wrestling. You see two guys matched up who are great and you think will have great matches together but either don't mesh with their styles or personalities or just have bad chemistry.

• 3 months later...

Even though I might like my favorite Hansen matches more than my favorite Funk matches, I voted for Terry. Much longer career, worked many more places, did many more things. Infinitely better as a talker and doing other non-bell-to-bell stuff. He would completely change his gimmick and his character from place to place, evolving to suit the needs of whichever territory he was working for. Hansen didn't change nearly so much over time, except for just getting stiffer as he got older.

• 2 weeks later...

Really interesting poll because it's kind of a jack of all trades vs master brawler. I chose Hansen purely for his cardio conditioning. Every match of his is amazing for the sheer amount of continuous movement alone. Unfortunately that's also one of the criticisms against him as that's part of him swallowing up opponents, but oh well.

You wouldn't see Funk as a master brawler? Just kind of interested.

To me both guys are brawlers who can work technical if required. Terry it seems to me is also a big bumper in the mode of Race or Flair and the similarity of his basic working style to either of those guys is seldom acknowledged.

For me what slightly hurts Funk is that because of his size compared to other big time brawlers I tend to see him more sympathetically, even in a heel role. Hansen, while not as chaotic as Funk, is physically more intimidating and comes off as more purely mean spirited.