Pro Wrestling Only
Loss

Best YouTube & Dailymotion Channels

I'm just going on what I've been told on a Facebook group that I'm in. The admin told me that his archive is "at risk" of being taken down but he didn't elaborate. I would also be very sad if that happened as it's such a wonderful tool to introduce anyone to puro.

All-Japan has announced a streaming service of their own. No word on content or a specific price point but it's going to be around $9 US like the others. My blind hope is that they just make a deal with NTV to digitize everything they have, but that's probably too much to ask.

Excellent news. They already had the Japan-only Nico channel at 5$ a month, so I'm holding out hope that they have something special planned if they're launching a dedicated streaming service at an increased price. I think this deserves its own topic.

That could be the reason why the other admin thought they would take it down. The archives do not keep material that is accessible via official streaming methods.

Interested to see where things go from here.

This is getting so confusing now. Is it completely being taken down?

I mean, as long as I can at least access some of his stuff through the likes of Dailymotion, that'd be some consolation to me but if it were to completely disappear, this would really really suck.

Agreed. Tough to complain about losing something for free, but the RH Archive has been vital to staying on top of big matches from most promotions in Japan through the years. I wonder if promotions like DG, Noah, and many joshi offices will completely fall off the western radar if this goes away. Are there even other outlets for those groups?

If there was to be something like some promotions do on Pivotshare for instance, that would be a nice compromise (I subscribed before the Holidays to the Preston City Wrestling Pivotshare account and I also have access to other UK promotions and such) but that wouldn't be good at all to lose an option to keep up with Japanese promotions.

This is getting so confusing now. Is it completely being taken down?

I mean, as long as I can at least access some of his stuff through the likes of Dailymotion, that'd be some consolation to me but if it were to completely disappear, this would really really suck.

It's going away. I guess it's a good thing I have a bit of spare time and some storage to grab some stuff. But it is a real shame that the drive is going away completely.

Sadly, Buckshot LeFongue (who had lots of full episodes of shows) has gotten suspended from youtube (though he was pushing his luck anyway by posting recent sporting events mixed in with the wrestling shows).

Agreed. Tough to complain about losing something for free, but the RH Archive has been vital to staying on top of big matches from most promotions in Japan through the years. I wonder if promotions like DG, Noah, and many joshi offices will completely fall off the western radar if this goes away. Are there even other outlets for those groups?

yes the women's wrestling japan yt channel

There's a channel put up by someone named MikeMcgirkOff put up that has a lot of WWF material for viewing.

It's not at Wrestling Collector level or anything (yet) but worth a look.