Pro Wrestling Only

Draft discussion, analysis and trash talk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went w/ the Road Warriors first overall because having both Hogan and LOD on my roster just before they hit their prime was too good to pass up. Some might argue that I "needed" to draft a worker that could work a program with Hogan right off the bat. That's a valid point, but you can get into trouble when you start drafting to fill perceived needs instead of taking the best wrestler(s) available.

Give me a roster overflowing w/ talent and star potential. I'll find a way to fill needs.

I went w/ the Road Warriors first overall because having both Hogan and LOD on my roster just before they hit their prime was too good to pass up. Some might argue that I "needed" to draft a worker that could work a program with Hogan right off the bat. That's a valid point, but you can get into trouble when you start drafting to fill perceived needs instead of taking the best wrestler(s) available.

Give me a roster overflowing w/ talent and star potential. I'll find a way to fill needs.

Two dominant guys in two divisions is a good head start. The eventually Road Warriors vs Hogan & partner match after they have dominated everybody will be huge.

I had an idea for my top babyface and really struggled whether to take him 1st or go with The Fabs to build my tag division around. Ultimately I decided to take the tag team I wanted since Tully is such a prick that I can take a lesser babyface and make it work.

I tried to take a somewhat realistic approach and think who was a hot act that a promoter really would have jumped to get in July, 1983. The Fabs were a big draw and did end up drawing pretty well (for a notoriously weak territory) when they had their short run in Southwest in late 83/early 84.

I tried to take a somewhat realistic approach and think who was a hot act that a promoter really would have jumped to get in July, 1983. The Fabs were a big draw and did end up drawing when they had their short run in Southwest in late 83/early 84.

Yeah it's a really good pick. It also gives lots of options going forward.

I had an idea for my top babyface and really struggled whether to take him 1st or go with The Fabs to build my tag division around. Ultimately I decided to take the tag team I wanted since Tully is such a prick that I can take a lesser babyface and make it work.

Shit, I wanted you to take one of my two options.

Shit, I wanted you to take one of my two options.

PM me a list of who you want and I'll see what I can do in round 3 :)

Only if I can book the WFIA to present an award.

Go for it!

Goddammit! I'll be down to my 10th pick as my first if this keeps up.

I mean there ARE 18 other people drafting looking for a top guy. I tried to really only aim big for the 1st 3 rounds.

Of course I know that. I just figured Piper would make it until my turn.

I gave some thought to taking Bock but I thought with Tully there it just would be overkill and I think Bock as a face doesn't work as well outside of AWA. He has killed it with his promos in his appearances in the 1983 Southwest I'm trying to binge watch though.

I needed someone who can hold down the territory until Race drops the belt, preferably a solid heel, allowing Race to be the returning hero.

I thought about selecting Magnum TA, to build around him, but Race has alot of life left as my ace, so I felt it was a little early for that.