Pro Wrestling Only

Draft discussion, analysis and trash talk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised to see the top two picks be tag teams, although I understand the reasoning behind them. Good picks so far, I suspected that Rick Martel was going to be Grimmas' pick. As for me, I had settled on Slaughter as my first choice before the draft started and hoped he would survive until my turn. Slaughter in Puerto Rico is going to be interesting.

While I'm sure I could have probably gotten Zbyszko in the second round, I want to build my company around a heel that everybody wants to see get his ass kicked. Zbyszko fits that bill between his stalling tactics and his loud mouth. Plus Bruno was a top draw in the WWA as a special attraction so the "I retired Bruno" schtick should be great for heat.

I was surprised to see the top two picks be tag teams, although I understand the reasoning behind them. Good picks so far, I suspected that Rick Martel was going to be Grimmas' pick. As for me, I had settled on Slaughter as my first choice before the draft started and hoped he would survive until my turn. Slaughter in Puerto Rico is going to be interesting.

I thought that was one of the best picks so far. I can't wait to read about Slaughter-Colon and him causing riots!

JHawk stole Larry Z and now I am sad. I was considering a super team of Valentine & Larry.

While I'm sure I could have probably gotten Zbyszko in the second round, I want to build my company around a heel that everybody wants to see get his ass kicked. Zbyszko fits that bill between his stalling tactics and his loud mouth. Plus Bruno was a top draw in the WWA as a special attraction so the "I retired Bruno" schtick should be great for heat.

That's a sneaky good pick JHawk.

I am not sure, because value is relative. A guy who has cache in one area and not in another might be available cheaper later because the value is not as high to others as it is to you. I understand people playing it safe so far, but my thinking has been that someone like Ricky Steamboat is a great asset no matter the territory. You know he can get over anywhere. Some of the more regional picks I'm less sure about. Although I don't want to discuss "strategy" in public any further ¬_¬

Yea but part of the appeal of using guys who have already been in the territory you are booking is that you get to use established history and not have an entirely blank slate.

I'm going to be running video packages highlighting Steamboat and Youngblood vs. Kamata and Bulldog Brower at MSG (04/21/80) to hype Steamer's arrival. "Remeber THIS guy girls?! REMEMBER!" Ha ha.