Pro Wrestling Only

Draft discussion, analysis and trash talk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many guys have you lost due to them being drafted before your turn? I've already had 5 singles and 1 tag team crossed off my list.

So you DID have Fabs ahead on RNR on your list? I was wondering, I could see a lot of people thinking RNR have more value. My first 2 choices were Barry & The Fabs and I knew I was only going to get 1 so I'm happy so far. No one else who has been taken has been someone I thought I had a realistic shot at.

My # 1 was going to be Piper. My # 2 read exactly as "Fabs or RNR" Fabs were my # 1 choice even though RNR are brand spanking new. The Fabs have more value for the breakup angle, singles runs and forming new tags. RNR are just RNR.

My #1 was going to be Piper as well. Gordy was my top pick for #2 so that ended up working out well anyway.

I was always going to grab Roddy if he was available. Otherwise I probably would have taken the Freebirds (definitely if I knew you could just take two). Sounds like we're on the same wavelength.

I lost at least 8-10 guys I wanted for number one just with the saves. Had Piper penciled in for number one heel and Terry Funk's on one of his retirements at this point and both were off the board. Larry Z still being available was almost too perfect for the role I'm looking for though.

If you would have told me Blackwell was going to go in the 1st I would have been sure it was Dylan who took him. I never even put him on my list really because I figured he'd be gone before where I would have slotted him (3rd or 4th round)

Needless to say, Stampede is not one of the more prestigious promotions. Hell, they don't even make it out of the gate in '84. So my initial thought was what we really need is star power, preferably heel star power. Sgt. Slaughter immediately came to mind running an anti-Canada shtick, but he was drafted. Then I had the brilliant idea to bring in the Freebirds and recreate solid gold by having the Harts play the Von Erichs. Again, no dice.

So I looked less at star power and more at overall work rate and adaptability. You can play Blackwell anywhere on the card and he'll fit.

Since he's a favorite among many on this board, I scooped him up in the first round.

Needless to say, Stampede is not one of the more prestigious promotions. Hell, they don't even make it out of the gate in '84. So my initial thought was what we really need is star power, preferably heel star power. Sgt. Slaughter immediately came to mind running an anti-Canada shtick, but he was drafted. Then I had the brilliant idea to bring in the Freebirds and recreate solid gold by having the Harts play the Von Erichs. Again, no dice.

So I looked less at star power and more at overall work rate and adaptability. You can play Blackwell anywhere on the card and he'll fit.

Since he's a favorite among many on this board, I scooped him up in the first round.

I'm surprised you didn't take him in a team with Patera. Patera seems perfect in Canada as an American Olympian.

Yeah I was also hoping for Garvin, but it didn't pan out. Instead I got a great heel tag team. I was thinking of adding Martel, but he wasn't high on my list because I had babyfaces lined up. And I had this feeling Steven was after him. So that was out. Now I just hope for a few things to hold until early round 4 and 5.