Pro Wrestling Only

Trade deals

JerryvonKramer

The WWF is happy to announce a trade deal with Central States. The deal sees a talent exchange which sees Bobby Heenan working shows for the AWA, with Nick Bockwinkel coming the other way. Exact dates have not yet been finalised, but this will be on an on-going basis.

How did the AWA get involved in this?

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AWA and Stampede have reached a deal:

Stampede gets: 5 dates w/ Hulk Hogan, including 8/25/83.

AWA gets: Stampede's 6th and 11th round draft pick and 2 dates w/ Curt Henning.

Did Verne just out wit Stu?

5 Hogan dates vs 6 & 11th round plus 2 dates on Hennig?

Stu now has Hogan and Andre -- two of the biggest names in the business -- secured for 9 dates. Instead of spending all his time stretching people in the dungeon, Stu is shooting for the moon and bringing in legit stars to his tiny territory.

Who jobs in a Hogan-Andre match in Stampede?

July 4th weekend is coming up and I'm sure several of you are planning shows for this festive weekend. For those of you looking to add a bit more sizzle to your card, maybe you need a tag partner or a special attraction to really put your card over the top, Sgt. Slaughter is available for shows on July 2, 3 and 4. Interested parties may contact the WWC booking office to inquire about Sarge's availability for those dates.

In the spirit of helping increase the national presence of certain regional stars, Southwest Championship Wrestling is offering time on it's nationally televised program shown on the USA Network on Sunday mornings at 11 A.M. to those who would like to promote a certain star with a squash match or video highlight. We could also have announcer Steve Stack hype your big upcoming event.

In exchange I would only ask for a monetary donation to help me pay my $7000 a week fee and keep from having to sell the program to another wrestling promotion that may have less generous ideas of how the wrestling business should work. In lieu of monetary payment I would accept 1 or 2 dates on top talent.

Southwest Championship Wrestling is offering time on it's cable TV program shown on the USA Network on Sunday mornings at 11 A.M. at half the price of the earlier ad. This special is to capitalize on the massive interest thus garnered by the idea of having YOUR regional star shown on NATIONAL television!

Since there has been no interest in paying for promotional time on Southwest Championship Wrestling, Joe Blanchard is looking to sell the national time slot on the USA Network to the highest bidder due to being unable to afford the $7000 weekly fee.

I'll take DVE for the slot with no picks involved right now and we walk away from this with a signed deal. Otherwise we'll be waiting for WWF with it's eyes on the world to get into the negotiations.

Blanchard obviously has a bone to pick suddenly with Fritz. Tearing his family apart.

Poor David Von Erich just wants to stay in his home state of Texas after his father left him out in the cold in favor of Tito Santana and Kamala.

I'll take DVE for the slot with no picks involved right now and we walk away from this with a signed deal. Otherwise we'll be waiting for WWF with it's eyes on the world to get into the negotiations.

No dice. Having recently spoken with NWA World Heavyweight Champion Harley Race, David is excited about his prospects for the future in the new look Central States, soon to be the flagship of the NWA.

Give you the slot and King Kong Bundy for David Von Erich? Otherwise you are essentially the one who is responsible for WWF going national. Besides you get a national time slot forever I only get a wrestler for 8 months.

That's what you get for going to sleep JerryvonKramer.

Central States will now be seen on the USA Network on Sunday mornings at 11 A.M. while Southwest will still be featured in it's local time slots in GREAT markets such as San Antonio, Wichita Falls & Waco, Texas.

Joe Blanchard is thrilled to have this $7000 a week expense wiped off his books so he can focus on using that money to bring the best talent available to his REGIONAL (as it should be) promotion. He has realized that a national time slot did not fit those goals.