Pro Wrestling Only

Eddie Guerrero

goodhelmet

Guest Some Guy

I'll probably get dogpiled by the Bret Fan Club again, but this kinda showed how self-centered Bret is. He may not have been close with Eddie but you'd think he of all people would know what it's like to lose a relative at a young age.

It just seemed like he was all "Yeah, that sucks about Eddie, and boy that Shawn was a jerk to me in 1997".

What's funny is people tell HHH to get over things from 8 years ago...

This is kind of a bullshit line of thought because Bret was only responding to the questions and topics that Dave and Brian were throwing out there. I mean, it was Dave who decided he should take the time to read an entire chapter out of Shawn's book. The entire reason Bret was on there was to promote the DVD. If Dave felt that Eddie's death was more important (and it is) then he should have cancelled Bretand had 2 hours of Eddie memories.
I was going to say the same thing. Bret's deal has been brought up over and over and has been rubbed in his face by the company that did it to him for the last 8 years.

HHH, on the other hand is just a bitter, jealous, little man who can't accept the fact that their are others who are better than him and holds grudges for someone refusing to job in a meaningless match in Feb. 1997, in favor of of that person wanting to work with his own brother instead.

What is the point of HHH, HBK, and Vince still bringing up Montreal after all these years? They won. They got Bret out of the company so HBK could be the top star and then HHH a few years later. I think they still bring it up because in their distorted view of the world they think that more people will take their side of the story the more times they tell it. Sadly for them, Bret has the truth on his side as well as the personal respect of the fan base and they do not.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spaceman Spiff

From WWE.com:

Vickie Guerrero speaks on Eddie's autopsy report

Nov. 15, 2005

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is still reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie?s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

?It was heart failure. It was from his past ? the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that?s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn?t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn?t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn?t feeling good and we thought it was just ?road tired.? So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn?t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I?m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It?s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don?t know what to do now.?

One thing leapt out at me reading that:

And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that?s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

Working out doesn't make your heart grow bigger, muscle enlarging supplements do.

Anyone looking at Eddie in WCW and comparing it to him in WWE couldn't help but notice how bigger he was. Guess we know why now.

Guest godthedog

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don?t know what to do now.?

this might be the saddest thing i've ever read in my life.

Guest teke184

When most people asked me "Did you hear about that wrestler? What did he die from?", I told them "$10 says it's an enlarged heart from steroid use."

If it had just been Brian Pillman, who was the first one to be found with an enlarged heart during the autopsy, that would be a coincidence.

However, this has been a recurring theme through the deaths of Davey Boy Smith, Road Warrior Hawk, Hercules Hernandez, and others.

I'm wondering how long it will be before someone like Hulk Hogan, Scott Steiner, or Randy Savage drops dead, considering the massive amount of 'roids they appear to have taken over the years.

Considering what everyone assumes the plan was for Smackdown, Vince came within hours of his greatest fear: someone dying while holding a WWE title belt.

What amazes me is how few former WWE champions have died. Buddy Rogers, Stan Stasiak, Yokozuna, Andre the Giant, and now Eddie Guerrero. That's it.

Guest bravesfan

If it had just been Brian Pillman, who was the first one to be found with an enlarged heart during the autopsy, that would be a coincidence.

Actually, it was heart disease, in addition to the complications he had since birth. He had also been abusing multiple prescriptions from doctors around the United States to attain painkillers.

They also found some prescription medicine, several bottles of pills, muscle relaxers and pain killers, and an empty bottle of beer. Cause of death was not known at the time, although suicide was ruled out, there was no note, and the medicine bottles were not empty. An autopsy was carried out and it was found that Brian died from congenital heart disease. His heart was apparently 75% diseased which led to a heart attack. The same thing that killed his father when Brian was just a child.

Considering what everyone assumes the plan was for Smackdown, Vince came within hours of his greatest fear: someone dying while holding a WWE title belt.

What amazes me is how few former WWE champions have died. Buddy Rogers, Stan Stasiak, Yokozuna, Andre the Giant, and now Eddie Guerrero. That's it.
If you factor in NWA and AWA world champions, along with Triple Crown and IWGP titleholders and world champs in Mexico and Europe, that number is going to become staggering, even if you only consider 1963-present to be consistent with Titan.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

As an aside, it offends me when people automatically assume that a "big guy" is automatically on steriods or some other muscle enhancing supplement jus because of their size. People assume that jus becasue a guy bulks that they HAVE to be juicing. Kurt Angle has gotten gained and loss muscle mass over the years, plenty of people argue its because of some type drug. Im not saying it is or isnt. But its a terrible assumption that alot of people wrestling fans or not make.

As an aside, it offends me when people automatically assume that a "big guy" is automatically on steriods or some other muscle enhancing supplement jus because of their size.

I think you're being naive then. I think almost everyone would be stunned if a list with every WWF wrestler on steroids were released tomorrow. I'd say at least 3/4 of the roster is on them.

I've had battles with people on this subject in general and specifically about Kurt Angle.

How someone can see a guy suddenly increase his muscle bulk despite an increased travel schedule, start to develop acne, and go bald so fast he shaves his head, and still say "I don't know if he's taking something or not"?

I would go as far as saying all of the active roster is probably taking some form of supplemental muscle builder. Even little guys like Spike Dudley and Rey got suddenly ripped in WWE and I don't think it's because they have better gym equipment at Titan Towers.

Guest CanadianChick

Honestly, right now, the only two people I'm semi-confident aren't taking steroids are Spanky and Paul London. They aren't particularly ripped, and they don't have muscle mass on them.

I was sitting around, trying to find some good to come out of this tragedy, and I was thinking....could this be what finally gets pro wrestling some respect in the US?

Most non-fans think wrestlers are all drooling caveman idiots, and seeing guys like Chavo and JBL on mainstream news shows giving articulate statements on their lost friend and family member. I'm hearing people who never even acknowledge wrestling exists talking about Eddie's death. I don't remember that happening when Owen died, or any other high profile wrestling death for that matter. Maybe it's because Eddie pretty much wrestled as himself with no silly cartoon gimmick, or maybe it's because he was still with the company in a high profile position. Either way, it's been very impressive to see how well the press has treated the business in all of this. To see someone like JBL come on a mainstream news show and say how the loss affected him might make some people think "hey, these wrestler guys aren't so bad after all".

Of course, it'd all be pissed away the next time they do a Dr. Heinie skit, but it's nice for a little while to see mainstream media types treat wrestlers with respect for once.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

As an aside, it offends me when people automatically assume that a "big guy" is automatically on steriods or some other muscle enhancing supplement jus because of their size.

I think you're being naive then. I think almost everyone would be stunned if a list with every WWF wrestler on steroids were released tomorrow. I'd say at least 3/4 of the roster is on them.

I meant "Big Guy" period, not jus in wrestling. People make the impression on any one in of good size and good shape. Its like when yall see a tall person and people automatically think "Hey, I bet they play basketball." Its stereotyping.

Like I said alot of the WWE superstars may or may not be, but its direspectful to jus assume.

Theres also different "health supplements". Be it Nitric Oxide or synthetic ATP. How these effect the athletes body I couldnt lecture you on. But theyre not the same as steroids. Some might say their still fucked up, buts it a different kindve fucked up. Like calling a pothead a crackhead. Neither is a good life choice, but its not the same.

Maybe it's because Eddie pretty much wrestled as himself with no silly cartoon gimmick, or maybe it's because he was still with the company in a high profile position. Either way, it's been very impressive to see how well the press has treated the business in all of this.

Not ALL the press:

ESPN Radio host, Colin Cowherd, said Sunday, "Who cares that he (Eddie Guererro) died?", and added that Guerrero's death was not "newsworthy." Cowherd then said that Eddie's death was due to steroid use. WWE fans deluged ESPN's e-mail and telephone customer service centers prompting this statement from ESPN:

"While some comments attributed to Colin Cowherd were taken out of context and are innacurate, we do apologize for a statement implying that Eddie Guerrero's death was steroid-related."

Even MSNBC whom, form all reports were respectful about the situation,and meant well had several serious factual errors referring to Chavo jr. as Eddie's cousin, calling Smackdown "Shakedown' and saying Eddie was WWE Champ 3 times. Maybe I shouldnt be but Im annoyed that a major news source, which prides itself on Journalistic integrity couldnt bother to get such simple facts correct.

Guest Jack D. Ripper

Those outside of wrestling still don't care. It'll take someone major with mainstream exposure dying from an enlarged heart, to get them to care.

SK posted this on his blog, any Torch readers wanna speculate?

Interesting note from the Torch

Well, not interesting in a good way or anything, but the death of Eddie Guerrero is hitting someone else pretty hard, and although it doesn't specify who, best guess is that Kurt Angle is on unofficial suicide watch right now. With the death of Eddie, along with Angle's personal life falling to pieces and his continuously deteriorating body, he's in a pretty bad place to be right now, and I hope if it IS Angle that they're talking about, that he at least takes the lesson that Eddie's death should be teaching and takes a lot of time off. It's just not worth throwing everything away for wrestling.

When it comes to Eddie's death hitting someone hard, I would have guessed Benoit, but Angle's personal life is a mess and it wouldn't take much to push someone like that over the edge.

While I do think that they need to be keeping close tabs on Angle and pretty much insisting that he take 6-12 months off, if not retiring all together, I don't think this was good journalism from Keller at all. The fact is, however, that Angle has a heart condition, suffers from angina, has nerve damage in his neck, looks and sounds like a completely person than he did even five years ago, and has freely admitted to taking loads of painkillers just to be able to wrestle. That doesn't even include what he may be taking to get the body he has. It's scary, and the firestorm that would hit the media if a guy went from being an Olympic gold medalist to dropping dead of drug problems in less than 10 years would be enormous.

It's Angle. The giveaway for me was the "credentials". The thought of him going from an Olympic gold medalist who, inspite of a broken neck, was far healthier than now could really send wrestling into the limelight in a bad way, so to speak.

Loss, I don't think Angle suffers from angina *now*. However, there's a history of it in his family. I could be wrong about him, though.

And Sek...you still read Scott Keith?! Geez, man, there's *other* places you could've found that news/article.

I don't check SK's blog as much now that he's all but stopped watching wrestling, but I made it a habit for a while since he had that Meltzerian quality of having large groups of people who base their opinions solely on what he says.

Besides, most other news site launch a barrage of pop-ups and I don't want to deal with that. I pretty much stick with WO.com and Inside Pulse's wrestling section.