Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Flyin' Brian

Wrestling Games

Anyone seen the game Wrasslin before? Wrestling board game/RPG published in 1990 by Avalon Hill. Picked it up at Goodwill for a couple of dollars along with a bunch of other sports games Avalon Hill put out.

Hey, I was just wondering if anybody here has played any tabletop wrestling-themed RPG's? Even the official WWF/WWE ones? Just curious if any of them were any good, or were awful, or if anybody just has any interesting stories about playing them. Thanks  

A couple but nothing too memorable. Tabletop for wrestling games seem best served by the card game sims like the Filsinger system or Face to the Mat.

21 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Hey, I was just wondering if anybody here has played any tabletop wrestling-themed RPG's? Even the official WWF/WWE ones? Just curious if any of them were any good, or were awful, or if anybody just has any interesting stories about playing them. Thanks  

I have a couple but I've never gotten into them.  I've been a Filsinger Games player since 1986, so I'm biased towards them.   I get out the Superstar Pro Wrestling game a couple times a year and run a show with that too.  

Filsinger has the simplest rules but packs the most flexibility as far as actually getting the matches down. Tag team wrestling is a landmine that tons of games get wrong or have pre-made teams. Face to the Mat is an interesting universe simulator but it doesn't have the sheer amount of content that Filsinger does. You really can't beat the lore of Champions of the Galaxy when it comes to made up rosters.