Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

Come on guys lets be realistic with these trade offer votes.

Also I think there should be a freeze on trades, it seems to be going wild at the moment, me included, it's a month from thanksgiving and 2 months from Xmas, plans sort be in place by now for our big events...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

Bit of a strange issue here. Back during the original draft, a deal was made between the AWA and Maple Leaf Wrestling (as it then was) that sent a draft pick to MLW in exchange for AWA getting the use of the Canadian champ (initially Rick Martel) for the once monthly AWA Winnipeg house shows and one TV taping per month for a year. At the time of IWF's closing, Rick Martel had lost the NWA/IWF Canadian title to Riki Choshu and no new title holder was made after that. Given that , at the same time, Rick Martel was still AWA Canadian champ, would it be alright if I kept the same deal in place with Martel with the same Winnipeg shows and TV taping?

By my count, here is where everyone stands on the cap. This will let you know if you're going to have to cut anyone loose and what your status is as far as being able to take on new talent in drafts/trades. I listed the managers in case I got any of them wrong and they're being used as a wrestler (not 100% sure on guys like Adnan, Robley, Angelo Poffo & Armand Hussein)

I counted Carl Fergie in my 37 but I have no intentions of using him as a wrestler I just picked him up as a ref. Is he going to count against my cap or not? Southwest only ever had 1 REAL referee with Jack Howe and Juan Reynosa was a jobber/referee combo for them and I wanted to upgrade from him. If Carl Fergie can't be counted as "free" on my roster then could I at least count him under the manager limit? Lord Alfred is leaving soon and I'll have an opening there.

I am also not counting guys from Japan on developmental deals against anyone's cap on this as they are only on a roster 3-4 months.

AWA: 38 & 3 (Sheik Adnan, Buck Robley, Precious)
Southwest: 33 & 3 (Jim Holliday, Sunshine, Carl Fergie)
Florida: 28 & 1 (Freddie Blassie, Lord Alfred Hayes)
Southeastern: 36 & 1 (Jim Cornette)
WWC: 34 & 2 (Barrabas, Hugo Savinovich)
WWA: 37 & 3 (Bobby Heenan, Gary Hart, James J. Dillon)
JCP: 29 & 1 (Buddy Rogers)
WCCW: 25 & 1 (Armand Hussein)
All Star: 26 & 3 (Jimmy Hart, Paul Ellering, Jonathan Boyd)
Memphis: 30 & 2 (Humperdink, JR Foley)
Mid-South: 32 & 1 (Paul Jones) I took Grand Wizard off the roster page now
ICW: 31 & 3 (Angelo Poffo, Miss Linda, Billy Spears)
Montreal:33 & 2 (Capt. Lou Albano & Eddie Creachman)

Will be cutting my roster down to the cap next week.

WWA TV and the St. Louis show are finished and up. NWA Showcase will be up in a few days as I'll be out of town the next three days and haven't even started it yet.

This project is a hell of a lot of fun.

So I've decided that going forward I'll be changing my writing/posting style. I'll be posting shows for my A and B towns for Monday and they will be repeated on my territory loop throughout the week which I'll be posting up in my Press Release thread. This is too try and add a bit more quality rather than quaintly to my shows...