Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a good chance I will get a week or so behind on my shows as I'm feeling like now would be a good time to take a little break. I've reached kind of the end of "chapter 1" in my plans now with the breakup of The Texas Dynasty (Killer Khan getting rid of the old guard was kind of like the Prologue) and I want to just take some time off of writing my shows (I usually write a little every day) and let myself recharge a bit.

There's a good chance I will get a week or so behind on my shows as I'm feeling like now would be a good time to take a little break. I've reached kind of the end of "chapter 1" in my plans now with the breakup of The Texas Dynasty (Killer Khan getting rid of the old guard was kind of like the Prologue) and I want to just take some time off of writing my shows (I usually write a little every day) and let myself recharge a bit.

Just an odd question from this, are you going to continue with your Mascaras dates on 10/30 - Southwest & 10/31 - Southwest still then?

Also, I posted on the November post, and if the new guy takes IWF, he would take over November's freelance booking. Are we going with this as we approach the new month?

Be careful what you say before someone tries to get that $9.99 from you. Grimmas had the November booking duties and if you want to handle them then precedent would state they are yours.

Of course be aware that gobbling up all the freelancers for the month probably won't make you popular (and that the dates already set/requested need to be honored)

I have no issue with that. Mr. Mouran won't pay for freelancers anyway.

I'm a lazy man but could handle booking freelancers since that's the precedent and easiest way to roll,

Then I guess it's up to you if you want to make a new thread and copy over the OP of Grimmas' November topic or just copy it into a new post in the old thread and edit that post as new dates come in.

I'll get the November freelance stuff rolling here in the next couple days. Couple outstanding questions I am not sure where to find the definitive answer to:

- Announcers

Don't seem to be listed under rosters unless it's a wrestler/announcer combo - I was going to use Detroit Icon Bill Bonds as a studio host and then the .. unique .. Lord Athol Layton as the main TV guy if that's all acceptable

Grimmas was organizing that Canadian joint show on 11/26 ... but it seems off since I don't see build for it anywhere. Correct?

• 3 weeks later...

My hiatus lasted a little longer than anticipated but with my 2 shows posted today that gets me into November at least and hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have another week of shows posted and be able to try and get caught up on reading and commenting on everyone else's stuff.

I have one more show written, which puts me at the 25th of November. After that I'm finished. I've got a pretty stacked roster so it might be a good idea to draft off of it instead of letting it sit there. I have a master list of dates that the wrestlers will be working in other promotions I can copy and paste from just to keep things in order.

I have one more show written, which puts me at the 25th of November. After that I'm finished. I've got a pretty stacked roster so it might be a good idea to draft off of it instead of letting it sit there. I have a master list of dates that the wrestlers will be working in other promotions I can copy and paste from just to keep things in order.

This is frustrating to hear man. From the looks around here, things haven't been to hopping as of late. I know I am booked up through the 17th of December. I hate to say we need to do another game of who is in and who isn't but production has definitely gone down over the past two weeks. Not a good thing with you dropping by any means.

I don't think it's time to do another who is in and who isn't by any means. Not without anyone looking to come in and take over the dead promotions we already have sitting there. Just keep posting your own shows and hope the guys who have wandered off like Jesse come back and start posting shows again (like he's done twice)

I feel like getting overly worried about how much or how little other people are posting is one of the things driving people out of the game and I don't get it. If you like writing your shows what does it matter if someone else isn't posting?

We've put far too much emphasis on people sticking to a deadline and acting like we MUST push people out for getting behind to the point where if someone loses interest they're afraid to even take a break and instead just quit. I know dawho was losing interest and tried to encourage him to just take a break but due to some silly feeling like he's obligated to everyone else to post a show now we lose a writer altogether instead of just letting someone go off for a while and recharge. It's not like people are beating down the doors trying to get into this game.

Taking a break for a few weeks like I've done or even a month or two like Boon had to do is far better than dropping out altogether. It's not "screwing over" the rest of the people in this game to stop posting shows so you can stay interested because dropping out and losing a writer and a promotion is far worse than a few weeks not posting shows.

I am not worried about it, but if we are going to continue to let talent sit out there like a Barry Windham or Bret Hart or Ricky Steamboat and not be used, I am under the impression something needs to change in that sense. I have no problem with us continuing to post shows, these promotions in real life all died. No question about it. Some quick some long, but they all died. It is interesting to see who will survive and who's in for the long haul.

I love writing shows. It can't be said that I don't put max effort into putting out a consistent and fun to read product. But in order for that to continue, I may speak for myself, but I would definitely like to work with different talents. That's being hindered with the current idea of having a roster sit with some great talents unavailable to be used.

This idea of recharge is fine and all, I am good with it, but a dead promotion, is a dead promotion.

You can still make trades with the dead promotions by going through Grimmas, we've already addressed that. We also said we were NOT going to draft out the dead promotions any more and if we start to try and change the rules AGAIN I'm just going to quit and start writing my shows in the main Armchair Booking folder where I don't have to constantly worry about never ending drama over trying to change rules that have already been decided on.