Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever prez, you let me know what we do here, I will follow suit.

You can be snarky about it all you want but what is the point of the last big rule drama go around and a poll on it if we just go over the same shit again in a month? We went through all that crap to set the permanent rules going forward on how we dealt with dead promotions, roster caps and the rest of the stuff we voted on.

Whatever prez, you let me know what we do here, I will follow suit.

You can be snarky about it all you want but what is the point of the last big rule drama go around and a poll on it if we just go over the same shit again in a month?

It was forseen by many when it did go down befre, that this would come up again. I am not making a big push for a humongous draft, I have followed by the "rule" to limit how big we can get. my only comment is to look at 1984 and see if those of us who are willing to continue to build this project are willing to let it evolve. "Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything."

If this is going to be a simple small territory 1983 project then it should finish on December 31st and go out high. If it is going to evolve to 1984, when things in the real world of wrestling changed, then it is close minded for us to stay in our roots and not try to evolve.

I'm quitting too. I'm not going through another stupid drama filled argument over rules we already decided on. I'll be continuing my shows in the main Armchair Booking folder until at least the end of January which is where I have everything booked to.

No I'm not interested at all in having a giant rule argument every 4-6 weeks and think all that drama is one of the big reasons people have lost interest in the project. Activity has seemingly gone down after every one of them. The people who participated in projects like this on other sites like kevin and Super Stan have said that constant rule shifting didn't happen on those other sites and is the worst part of this experience.

Okay. Then we don't have it. We sit with the same rules, never changing? Those who post, post. Those who don't, don't. If that's what will "keep" interested and help people post, then do work. I can't see how it is out of line to ask if there is a discussion and you constantly take it as argumentative like you've done since day one. I apologize for wanting to see this go past 6 months and be productive. Good luck.

You don't want a "discussion" you want the rules to change so you can have everything your way despite the fact that we JUST voted on all this shit like a month ago. You've repeatedly wanted to change the rules from how they were set up at the start and despite no one really wanting to go along with it you're STILL trying to set things up for you to have some big expansion against the whole premise of this project.

If you have such a distaste for running a territory and think they're too rinky dink and small time for you then I don't know why you're even in this project which was essentially set up as a celebration of the goodness of territory wrestling. The whole premise was "what would happen if no one went national and the territory era continued" not a war to see who can go national first.

That's fine, I don't want to go national. I have never said that I wanted to, despite you and others saying it for me.

I like Mid South and it has become a great project for me to do and I think I do a pretty good job of it. I am fine with its size and natural growth. My only main concern is talent that is just sitting out there that could be utilized in many different promotions. I guess that's an invalid concern.

I'm going to just keep posting my shows and stick to the deals I've worked out but if we have to start once again beating the dead horse of what to do with dead promotions or trying to change roster caps I can't see myself having any interest in continuing. I don't see the point of us all voting on those things the last time around and agreeing those were the rules going forward just to rehash it all less than 2 months down the road.

You can always PM Grimmas and try to work out a trade for a guy off one of the dead promotions it's not like they're completely unavailable.

The reason the other site never had any changes was one person was in complete charge. He made the rules, set the roster size did everything including posting your events and that is why the other game failed. He was the one who quit. In terms of this game, there seems to be more of a board of directors and things are put to a vote. As people come in and out, opinions of those in the game may change. It appears that there are very few of the original people still active in the game. We do need to entice new writers but to what extent? The more dormant territories there are does take some of the fun away from this as so many A listers are not being booked

Discussion is good while arguments are bad. It is not the worse thing to revisit issues to ensure those still active want to remain in the current version of the game. I am not saying we need to change our rules but the game continue to adapt to survive. Communication and votes on new ideas or even revisited ideas seems fine to me. We must continue to listen to those who are interested or they will see not be interested.

After looking at some of the rules, I also found a place that said after 6 months their would be a redraft where you could protect 10 people. I did not find a place that changed that rule. Is this still true or was that voted out someplace? If not, then even the dead promotions would be open to be drafted again.

I'm going to again say that my roster should be drafted. There are two other (one recently) open promotions besides and leaving all those guys sitting seems silly. The voting was for "general draft & leaving promotions for new writers as necessary." If more are against it than for it, that's fine. Here's where my guys will be in the near future.

Goldie Rogers 11/10 - 2/28 Southwest
Can Ams ( Brunzell & Lafon) 11/16 - 12/7 Japan
Lefebvre/Dewey Robertson 11/24 - 12/13 Japan
Can Ams 12/8 - 1/10 AWA
Midnights 12/14-17 Mid South

I'm going to again say that my roster should be drafted. There are two other (one recently) open promotions besides and leaving all those guys sitting seems silly. The voting was for "general draft & leaving promotions for new writers as necessary." If more are against it than for it, that's fine. Here's where my guys will be in the near future.

Goldie Rogers 11/10 - 2/28 Southwest

Can Ams ( Brunzell & Lafon) 11/16 - 12/7 Japan

Lefebvre/Dewey Robertson 11/24 - 12/13 Japan

Can Ams 12/8 - 1/10 AWA

Midnights 12/14-17 Mid South

It seems as though any kind of discussion on the topic has been tabled. Let's see how the coming weeks go and see what we need to do to keep this thing moving forward. With you and Stan out, other promotions not having posted in a while, we have to figure out a way to keep things consistent for the future of the project. I know I am locked in and will help in any way to keep this project from going down.