Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless, the argument for argument's sake is pointless and unneeded. We can call out people for notations on how someone perceived the typing of a series of events but the fact of the matter is that there is still life here regardless of all the negativity that has clouded this since day one. Do we need rules? Yes. Are we moving towards that? Yes.

Everyone has chimed in to tell us how much this suck here... I am willing to step in and try and try to fix things here. If it doesn't work... then it will be finished. It is a lot easier to criticize something instead of digging in and trying to fix it. I will try and put the time and effort in to capitalize on the potential that this has.

Low Blow knows but I wanted to let everyone else know too that I'm still in as well. If there's anything I can do to help out to make this run smoother I'm open. I'll be catching up on shows this week - held off on finishing since the future was a bit up in the air last week and then the holiday and such came.

I think the biggest thing right now for all active members is to take part in the discussion over on the game station. Those things were put up so that we could decide on what to do and will be optional for active promotions to take part in. Promotions that have been active, inactive will be closed unless somebody can come in and let us know what the report is for them. Obviously with the holiday weekend it is been difficult to get a hold of everyone however I'm working with a couple of new people and I've got at least two of them signed up with two more on the hopper. I'm trying to finalize all details with them before we get started they will choose Open promotions and be able to save at least 5 people from those and then redraft the rest. The idea behind that would be a change in ownership therefore causing people to move around. Again with the optional redraft those promotions that wish not to take part do not have the rosters changed at all those individuals taking part would get to say roughly 15 people from the promotion while the other ones would be put into a large mega draft with all individuals who are free agents at this point from an active promotions. I am fine with the roster cap however there has been discussion on raising that we can look at pumping it up to 36 for the draft and then raising it by one every 4 months putting it up to 40 at the end of 1984 going into 85 and then revisit.

I wouldn't worry too much about that in terms of holding off shows... we need more production now than ever. I know regardless of what we have going on, I have booking plans through December 17th and any kind of roster swaps and changes wouldn't be totally effective until after that date. When the draft approaches, it will be a week long at least so these changes wouldn't all have to take place until it was complete.

One thing we need to look at is those in the NWA and the world title situation. If MACW did drop out, then Race is still the champion at this point and should be handled as such.

Glad to be onboard guys.....Speaking of the WCFL, I've written there quite a bit over the years since the beginning in 2002 up until a couple of years ago.....even serving at the league president for a while so if I can be of any help as to what has worked and what hasn't in terms of longevity...please feel free to ask but I can tell you the #1 in ANY fantasy booking league is FEEDBACK....people lose interest very fast if they don't get feedback.

I am 100% in agreement with Gene. I know it seems like a lot of time in addition to the writing and planning, but it's important that you read the other promotions. I always tried to find details I liked or didn't care for. Character stuff, booking decisions, odd card orders, whatever might have caught my eye. It's stuff like that when people gave me feedback on my shows that showed me what I was doing that made sense to the reader/viewer and what I may have gotten wrong. I didn't immediately change everything that was mentioned didn't work for people or throw everything people liked to the forefront, but it gave me a little perspective at least. We are all going to look at our booking through one set of eyes and that can lead to a lot of bad things. If you don't think so, see: modern WWE. So the feedback seems like a great way of seeing it through somebody else's eyes and tweaking things however much seems right. There are very large weaknesses to the way I had my TV booked, things I wouldn't have seen on my own and started moving away from slowly that were pointed out to me as I went. Given the chance to do things over I would make some very major and very minor changes to things, largely due to feedback.

So even if all your feedback isn't positive, just keep it aimed at the actual aspect of the written show you didn't like. Suggest things you think might help. You can give that kind of feedback without being mean or having to be really roundabout. Just say things like "___ didn't work for me." Generally the writer will be more than willing to give some kind of reasoning and discussion can be had from there. It's usually when somebody starts outright insulting the shows that things become hostile.

I am 100% in agreement with Gene. I know it seems like a lot of time in addition to the writing and planning, but it's important that you read the other promotions. I always tried to find details I liked or didn't care for. Character stuff, booking decisions, odd card orders, whatever might have caught my eye. It's stuff like that when people gave me feedback on my shows that showed me what I was doing that made sense to the reader/viewer and what I may have gotten wrong. I didn't immediately change everything that was mentioned didn't work for people or throw everything people liked to the forefront, but it gave me a little perspective at least. We are all going to look at our booking through one set of eyes and that can lead to a lot of bad things. If you don't think so, see: modern WWE. So the feedback seems like a great way of seeing it through somebody else's eyes and tweaking things however much seems right. There are very large weaknesses to the way I had my TV booked, things I wouldn't have seen on my own and started moving away from slowly that were pointed out to me as I went. Given the chance to do things over I would make some very major and very minor changes to things, largely due to feedback.

So even if all your feedback isn't positive, just keep it aimed at the actual aspect of the written show you didn't like. Suggest things you think might help. You can give that kind of feedback without being mean or having to be really roundabout. Just say things like "___ didn't work for me." Generally the writer will be more than willing to give some kind of reasoning and discussion can be had from there. It's usually when somebody starts outright insulting the shows that things become hostile.

Exactly, real life wrestling shows are booked to draw and entertain a crowd and then you book moving forward based on how the show drew and the crowd reaction......Reader feedback is the only "crowd reaction" you can base your booking off of, so if there's no reaction to feed of, then the motivation isn't there and either the booking never evolves or improves or people just lose interest. I always enjoyed feedback good or bad and quite honestly sometimes I learned more and gained more insight into what the readers wanted from the negative feedback than from the positive. I know it's a time consuming hobby and we all have lives that keep us busy but taking a moment to read over people's shows and give a simple, "great main event" or I didn't understand this or that....gives the writer something to build off of moving forward.

A newbie but have been lurking here and ther. I have been looking for a new league to join and some mentioned this place. I have been on Wrestling Classics but I have decided I did not want to go back. I would love a try out.

It looks like there are some people leaving and would love to fill a spot

Just my 2 cents or a little more. Feedback is great even if it contructive. I loved it when someone would point out something. You have to learn to use the remarks to grow your promotion. The other promoters are your nielson ratings and no mater how small you are ratings still count. At least this is how I looked at it.

I would be glad to help if I can.

Gene is a great choice as I have read a lot of his shows in the past.