Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

I hope people don't view you as the humbug in any way. You liked your roster and you built it the way you wanted. No harm in that at all in my book. I think for the rest of us we were just looking for different pieces to the puzzle. If anything you have the step ahead by still getting some great talent out of the draft but still holding on to what brought you to this point with little to no change.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope people don't view you as the humbug in any way. You liked your roster and you built it the way you wanted. No harm in that at all in my book. I think for the rest of us we were just looking for different pieces to the puzzle. If anything you have the step ahead by still getting some great talent out of the draft but still holding on to what brought you to this point with little to no change.

This was my whole point about avoiding it, plus when I absorbed Georgia I got a lot talent and brought some big players in (Landell & Fabs). But the draft has been very good, just hope everyone have got enough guys to get over there new talent..

I think we are at a point in the draft now where we will start to see some of those extra pieces come into play and people are going to start filling out their rosters with their enhancement and lower card talent. I know that I have roughly 20 people on my roster right now as active wrestlers so I only have 16 more spots to fill and put some extra pieces into place

Does anyone realllllly want to book the sheik anyway?

He is blackballed from Big Time due to his attempt at killing Detroit earlier this decade

I guess you could inherit him as a figure head. That would be an interesting turn of the tide lol.

We're having a hard enough time drawing a nice house after his reign of terror

For everyone -

I'm going to try and do monthly PWI style mag covers (not the stories, just the cover) and am going to do the first one when the draft is over. Should be able to work everyone in to it in some form, so if you have a story headline or specific angle you want to push through that, PM me and let me know.

This may be a formality but I wanted to address it to the population here. I know that there was a lot of resistance by others to have our rosters grow to the lengths that they have along with getting some bigger named talent like we have. I want to stress what our product is and how you have to take things into account when bringing in some of these new people. It may be difficult to just jump in and try and have a brand new roster for all intensive purposes but I want to give some help with it.

For me... I have got three more shows before I go on "break" for December to the new year. I looked back at results from Mid South in real life. Most of you should have access to some kind of results from your various territories. I then looked at the people I have picked and decided which of them could jump into the promotion with little to no need of development. Guys like Duggan, Magnum TA, and Bundy are known in Mid South so they can be introduced a little easier than someone like John Studd. John Studd has up to this point in "real life" never wrestled in the Mid South area outside of the small stint that WCCW had. This is going to be an opportunity to try and build him as a character and spend time on it.

My biggest fear for everyone is that you try to do too much too quick. We have already seen a ton of burnout for one reason or another. Long story short, this isn't an overly easy thing to do and to commit to and to be good at. The biggest thing to look at over the next three months is to look at all the individual with whom you have drafted and spend time bringing them in. I know for Mid South, I am going to have 2-3 months of television and house shows to start to get guys like the Moondogs and Zhukov introduced in Mid South at this point in their careers. Remember that this is a marathon and work well on the development of these characters and invest time in them to make them special.

This is an AWESOME shot in the arm for the project to have this talent influx on our rosters... like I said, I just want to make sure everyone takes the time to build these characters and build your promotions. If all else fails... cut down on some of the "main" people and slow down with your roster and then build back up. Remember this is a territory system and utilizing new talent and developing talent is the key to success.