Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NWATerritorySuperfan, on 06 Feb 2016 - 6:39 PM, said:snapback.png

want to get people's thoughts on something.

would it be tasteless if I had a heel become responsible for someone's real life death? I'm getting caught up on my shows from January of '84.

David Von Erich's real life death is fast approaching. So I was wondering if something like a heel being responsible in this world for it is too tasteless

I was wondering the same as Boon. If David is in Japan, how would it work? I also think that this might be one event that might be too emotional even for wrestling. It might be better to break kayfabe and honor David. Look at Owen Heart.

I think it would be your choice. Florida did some of that shit when Mike took over for his dad and played some blame and bullshit with the Freebirds. It was very touchy and may have ended up being the thing that killed their business... same goes for the Fritz heart attacks... it is a touch and go thing but something that isn't foreign to wrestling.

http://pwchronicle.blogspot.com/2005/12/history-most-tasteless-angle-ever.html

• 2 weeks later...

Just doing some house keeping stuff.

"The roster cap of 34 36 workers and 3 managers stays into affect. For those individuals that would like to expand, could we look at upping the worker cap by 1 every four months? The first bump wouldn’t happen until April 1st, then August 1st, then December 1st, to have 1984 end with us having a total roster cap of 37 workers and 3 managers?"

Now even since this, we changed things to have a 36 person roster with a 3 manager amendment additionally, we have the two jobber packs.

If we continue on this same track, we will be up to 37 on April 1st, 38 on August 1st, and then 39 on December 1st with January 1st bumping one more time to 40 for the 1985 fresh face draft.

Are we okay with those changes and movements?

I also wanted to see if as companies grew, there would be anyone interested in have the possibility of one of those new +1s being an additional 3rd jobber pack for those interested? I didn't really notice how quickly I cycled through jobbers and just wanted to put it out there.

The roster would then be 34 workers, 3 jobber packs, and 3 managers.

• 2 weeks later...

As an update, Pwsony has not logged on since Feb 1st, and hasn't posted a show since January 23rd. We agreed to a 60 day no communication and 90 day no show shutdown for promotions.

We will cross the bridge when we come to it but that's where he stands right now. Hopefully he can get on and give us an update so we know where he stands.

• 2 weeks later...

Pwsony hasn't been logged in in over a month, so we may have to begin some discussions on what we want to do with Stampede.

Perfectly Straightedge is someone I have worked with in the past who has joined the board and is interested in writing.

All in all, we have to try and figure out what we want to do for the future with it.

If you have someone who wants to write, let me have Stampede at the 60 day mark. If he wants to move the promotion to any open territory, I think that should be fine also. I would recommend that he did take Stampede just because it is the best available roaster that he could get. Their is little left in free agency to excite someone. In terms of moving it, I think a lot of this game is the memories that it brings back. I can honestly say I never saw one card of stampede and would rather be in area that I am familiar with.

Well the big thing with Stampede... you've got all the Harts... even Owen... and the Bulldogs... and some other great names not to mention all the Samoans... so the Samoans vs Harts would be a helluva feud... No real rhyme or reason to take those pieces out of that puzzle in my book. 60 day mark will be coming up around april... so we'll wait it out until then and see what goes down.

Hey guys, I was recommended to join this site from LowBlow. We have gone back for years, but I am glad to join up to this site. I am excited to start reading everyone's shows. I have done fantasy writing in the past, and I really think this is a cool way to start by picking a year and going from there.

Also just to be honest, if I did end up with Stampede. I wouldn't move them. The only place I am interested in is Tennessee cause that's where I am from but I see two promotions work in there, so I wouldn't move them out of Canada. So like Lowblow said we will just wait and go from there, but I will still be reading and keeping up with everybody.

Hit a bit of a creative block gents, so haven't posted up any shows. Going to have a think about what too do...

I've seen a lot of this as I have done these types of projects. The best advice I give is to plan an event in 6 months and then work backwards. I think you have done that with the whole WTBS stuff, now it is about finding another event that is important to get to.

For me... I have the big return of Ted Dibiase this week which is a major point, the next is the tag tournament, and then going from moment to moment and building up things from there.