Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit a bit of a creative block gents, so haven't posted up any shows. Going to have a think about what too do...

I've seen a lot of this as I have done these types of projects. The best advice I give is to plan an event in 6 months and then work backwards. I think you have done that with the whole WTBS stuff, now it is about finding another event that is important to get to.

For me... I have the big return of Ted Dibiase this week which is a major point, the next is the tag tournament, and then going from moment to moment and building up things from there.

It's not so much the booking, I think I've got just too much, and want to scale back, so may look to loan away a load of talent so I can give everyone a run that's meaningful.

Personally I was more happy with a roster that wasn't so stacked, like when we started out, so may cut back and loan out or drop some top guys and go back to booking more rawer talent. Although it seems extreme, id rather book the Rock N Roll RPMs and Sword and Vines than Rock N Roll Express as an example the same with Dundee and Street, I'd rather book Brad Armstrong and The Flame.

I'll have a think, I'll do a catch up post in the next few weeks and dish out the talent I rather not use.

Sorry to hear about your news Kev.

Sorry to hear about things Kev. Look forward to you coming back as soon as you can.

Boon, I do think that the influx can be bad for some and good for others which is why I wanted to try and urge people that it was a choice. with the expansion of Mid South, I've been able to bring in some bigger names in different roles but in doing that, I've pushed away guys that got me to the moment. Mr. Wrestling II is a prime example of a guy I pushed big to get things going... but now he is in a completely different role. The big thing is how you use your guys. I think you have been very successful with a small promotion and running your local guys and putting over what you want to put over.

If you are interested in dishing out talent, I will definitely look at working with you as Mid South has its foundational lobby with a revolving door of newcomers coming in here and there.

I've just taken out 8 wrestlers and 2 manager I think I have what I want going forward. I really enjoyed what goc did with Southwest because it was some top talent but a load of great undercard talent that probably were punching above their weight.

I will have to see how I can write out 10 roster spots.

I think everyone has ideas on how a territory can be run effectively. If this were real life, I know my money would be coming in from the house shows compared to television. With roughly 2 hours of television in my markets, my big draw is coming from setting up the big shows with the talent I've got. Not all my top talent comes on television week in and week out, but if you come to the shows you will see them in action.

I don't think you need to invest too much time in a big "this is how/why this person is gone" type thing due to guys coming and going from the territories on a weekly basis at this point in time. Whatever is best for business though will end up being the way to go.

A bit behind on TV and my big show but will be posting them sometime this week.

After that, I'll end up taking a few weeks off. Getting burned out between this and a few other projects so aside from what is absolutely necessary, I'll be backing away until I get back from my Vegas trip next month.

This is still fun for me but time is not an ally right now

Quick note to the crew, I will be on my Wrestlemania Trip to Dallas from March 30 through April 6. So I won't be posting shows. April 1-7 MACW will be on a break. However, I am writing a little ahead to make my Closed Circuit show be available before I leave, instead of after. So that is why I'll probably be a day or two ahead in posting the shows.

So I've decided that with the current talent I don't want to use but may bring back down the road, the fairest way is too do a draft for all the talent, where they will go on loan for a 3 month rolling contract, so if I want them back in then I could do after 3 months, or 6 etc.

The talent involved will be...

Rock N Roll Express (as a pair)

Heavenly Bodies w/ Jim Cornette (as a trio)

Adrian Street

Bill Dundee

Buddy Landell

Baby Doll

Ken Timbs

Let me know what you guys think?

Thanks guy for approving me in the ranks. I am excited for the opportunity to join you guys and hopefully I can be a welcomed addition to the team.

I am pretty excited to get things up and started. So I will be working on some shows today, but I don't plan to drop anything till April 1st which will be the live return of Stampede Television.

Thanks again for accepting me.

So I've decided that with the current talent I don't want to use but may bring back down the road, the fairest way is too do a draft for all the talent, where they will go on loan for a 3 month rolling contract, so if I want them back in then I could do after 3 months, or 6 etc.

The talent involved will be...

Rock N Roll Express (as a pair)

Heavenly Bodies w/ Jim Cornette (as a trio)

Adrian Street

Bill Dundee

Buddy Landell

Baby Doll

Ken Timbs

Let me know what you guys think?

Are you keeping these people as roster spots on your roster then or would we be picking them up?

I know that Jhawk just said that he was going to be taking a break and Patrick even though I don't want to speak for him does have interest in the rock and roll Express. If we could just figure it out between us I'm sure it would work out to not even worry about it draft unless we want to go down that route and see who gets that top pick.

So essentially if it worked out, Stampede would get buddy, AWA would get the bodies, Mid-Atlantic would get the rock and roll, and if it still suits everyone Mid-South would pick up Bill Dundee. It would be a three-month loan period starting on April 1st. Does that sound like it would work Boone? We would still have Adrian Street out there if somebody wanted to take him along with baby doll.