Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just say...I love you guys! I mean I step away for a few hours to go see Superman vs Batman (awesome, highly recommend if anyone cares) and you guys all settle on Boon's roster loans and give me the Rock 'n Roll Express. I appreciate that(especially Derek for mentioning I was looking at the RnR's). I know things aren't completely settled, but that's pretty damn cool of everyone. I just wanted to take a moment and show some appreciation for that.

Mid South & USWA Sharing Bill Dundee

USWA Ken Timbs & Baby Doll

AWA - Heavenly Bodies w/ Jim Cornett & Adrian Street w/ Miss Linda

Stampede - Buddy Landell

Mid Atlantic - Rock N Roll Express

Does this look right?

As long as Detriot is happy with not picking anyone up?

Looking to see if anyone had info on when Percy Pringle (Paul Bearer) and Downton Bruno (Harvey Wippleman) debuted?

On wiki, for Pringle

"In 1984, he resumed full-time involvement in the wrestling business, using his Pringle character in Championship Wrestling from Florida, World Class Championship Wrestling in Texas, and the United States Wrestling Association (a successor to WCCW)."

On wiki, for Bruno, it says he debuted in 1979.

Are we good with bringing these guys in on April 1st and adding them to free agency as people we've missed?

Hi guys

Kind of a bummer, but I'm gonna officially drop off this now. I've been meaning to catchup for a while and it just isn't happening and I feel shitty hogging a great roster while I don't do anything with it. I've had a lot on my plate with real-life work lately and just don't foresee getting a chance to participate regularly, especially with a crazy summer schedule for work coming up in a few weeks. Sorry. Just wanted to make it official so you can make plans for the roster rather than wait around longer!

Hey Dex,

Definitely upset to see you go. You had a great thing going in Detroit and I enjoyed your presentation of your product.

I know you and I had a trade on the books to go through at some point this spring with Wrestling II for Koko Ware...hopefully we can get that finalized in the coming two weeks as I already have shows written for Wrestling II up until April 8th.

In terms of the roster, we are going to sit on it for a bit and see how things shake out in the coming weeks. I would definitely encourage everyone to reach out to others who are interested in fantasy booking to come in and take over a promotion.

I know Grimmas was looking for a project, but I don't know if he would have interest in returning to take over a promotion.

Regardless, we will move forward with no issues. Sad to see you go Dez, if things free up, feel free to come back.

Yeah I will obviously leave the mechanics of the trade up to you all but just say that we did have a solid agreement to make it happen.

I'm bummed to be leaving but my time is short as is and once summer comes it gets even shorter so I just can't do the roster justice.

I will pop in to do some PWIs and such as time allows though.