Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as a heads up, Florida is nearing its 60 day no contact, so I have contacted Gene and he is going to take a look at the roster and possibly take over in the next couple of weeks. His official 60 days is on the 28th I believe so we have at least one week to see what happens with that.

My friend Dave is taking a look at picking up Detroit and possibly changing locations but keeping the roster. Again we will see how that shakes out. I will have an update as soon as things get settled other than that those of us still going continue to do great work.

I agree, Boone you have done some really fun work. I know you and I have butted heads on a couple of things but that's also the reason why we're at the point we are and running the way that we're running it is because we've been able to handle all that and get it figured out. If it is some kind of a creative thing I'd like to explore options to possibly help that as there are other rosters available there's a lot of talent available if there's something that we can do to help that creative keys. If it is simply the output there's not too much we can do there but we all know how that goes. Florida has a couple of days left until their 60-day Mark and when that comes we can make a decision on some rosters and see if we have some guys that will be able to come in. I know my friend Dave is been looking at Detroit's roster and Gene has been eyeing Florida's roster but was Southeastern open we could see some things flip flop.

Alright fellas, a couple of notes as we begin to move into May...

1. Florida's 60-days is up today. GeneJackson has decided to come back and he will be taking over the roster. We will announce all the other things that go along with that formally tomorrow as that would be the day he "officially" takes over. If Florida does come back in today, we can adjust accordingly.

2. I have tried to reach out to some people to take over Detroit's roster and I encourage the rest of you to do that as well. It is a phenomenal roster to pick up and get going with. The same now goes for Boon's Southeastern roster. So we have got two open promotions if we have new writers they can take over accordingly.

One thing I was thinking about would be to look at a "shake up" draft in July as we celebrate one year of existence. This would involve absorbing the Detroit and Southeastern rosters into a draft and having a "10-man Fee" in order to enter the 10 round draft. In July, all of you who have loans from Southeastern will conclude so that roster and Detroit's would be a good way to shake things up, however in order to enter the draft you'd need to put in 10-men in order to get involved... just like we did last December.

We will see how things shake out over the next 24 hours and if Gene takes over, tomorrow I will post the rosters and changes and all that good stuff to clear things up.

Keep doin work!

Okay fellas, my schedule may fill up more than I imagine tomorrow. Regardless, try and follow through this series of events.

1. Florida's 60-days have come and gone.

2. Gene Jackson has taken over the Florida roster.

3a. Gene is going to take that roster and move it to Memphis.

3b. Kevin (graciously) has given up the "Memphis" territory to Gene so he can take it over. There were some roster moves in this deal that will be reflected in the upcoming roster lists.

3c. For the time being, Kevin is going to run USWA and headquarter out of Dallas with Fritz until things get figured out on his end.

4. I am going to post the following rosters and try and update the database, trade deals, and free agency pages...

CWA Memphis - GeneJackson

1. Jerry Lawler

2. Humoungous (Mike Stark)

3. Dutch Mantell

4. Ox Baker

5. Austin Idol

6. Thunderbolt Patterson

7. Terry Daniels

8. Mr. Hito

9. Jack Brisco

10. Jerry Brisco

11. Tojo Yamamoto

12. Bobby Duncum

13. Dream Machine

14. Steve Keirn

15. Stan Lane

16. Jimmy Valiant

17. Bugsy McGraw

18. Ninja Warrior (Mr. Pogo)

19. Porkchop Cash

20. Mark Batten

21. Johnny Wilhoit

22. Brian Adias

23. Honky Tonk Man

24. Tommy Gilbert

25. Magic Dragon

26. Al Madril

27. Gypsy Joe

28. Bob Bradley

29. Butch Moffatt

30. Spike Huber

31. Lance Von Erich

32. Rick Patterson

33. Tiger Conway Jr.

34. Boris Zhukov

35. Keith Eric/Aaron Holt/David Haskins

36. Jerry Bryant/Lou Winston/Carl Fergie

MANAGERS

1. Freddie Blassie

2. Woman - Traded from Mid South for Lord Alfred Hayes

3. Sonny King

Bill Dundee ON LOAND

Tommy Rich SHARED w/ USWA

Dusty Rhodes SHARED w/ USWA

The Von Erichs SHARED w/ USWA

USWA - Kevin

• Dusty Rhodes
  • Roddy Piper
  • Butch Reed
  • Curt Hennig
  • Ron Bass
  • Ernie Ladd
  • Bobby Jaggers
  • Ricky Harris
  • Butch Miller
  • Luke Williams
  • Buzz Sawyer
  • Kevin Sullivan
  • Tony Atlas
  • Mr. Saito
  • Hercules Hernandez
  • The Great Kabuki
  • Killer Khan
  • Kendo Nagasaki
  • Skip Young
  • Don Kernodle
  • Bam Bam Bigelow
  • Mike Graham
  • Fred Ottman
  • Brickhouse Brown
  • Kerry Von Erich
  • Kevin Von Erich
  • Mike VonErich
  • Tommy Rich
  • Purple Haze (Mark Lewin)
  • Dr. D Dave Schultz
  • New Guinea Man Eater
  • Brett Wayne Sawyer
  • Carlos Colon
  • The Missing Link
  • Rick McGraw, King Kobra, Ricky Gibson
  • R T. Reynolds (aka Cpl Kirchner), Steve Travis, Lanny Kean
  • Steve Simpson,Wendell Cooley, & Ted Allen

• Sensational Sherri
  • Oliver Humperdink
  • Rock Riddle

There you go fellas... we lost two guys but gained one over the past couple of weeks. I know that this can be difficult to keep up with and I applaud all of you who continue to find a way and not give up. I firmly believe that we can keep this thing going with this group through the summer and then jump into 1985. I continue to urge you to reach out to people to join. If we agree, we can look into doing a 10-round draft in July to shake things up with our rosters and break up the Detroit and Southeastern rosters but hopefully we can get some people to pop in before that.

Greetings, fine people of this board.

I've been told about this fine project you have here called the 1983 project and since I didn't know where to introduce myself, I thought I'd do it right here. My name is Patrick, I'm from Quebec, Canada and just like you guys, I'm a fantasy booking aficionado and love old school wrestling so this is why I was very interested in joining this after I was told about it. Read a few shows from your territories and I love everything I've read thus far.

So, basically, I'm looking forward to take over one of the available territories and make my own spin on it. Have a few ideas in mind and you'll pretty much see where it's going once everything's set into motion. Looking forward to start, guys! ;)

Greetings, fine people of this board.

I've been told about this fine project you have here called the 1983 project and since I didn't know where to introduce myself, I thought I'd do it right here. My name is Patrick, I'm from Quebec, Canada and just like you guys, I'm a fantasy booking aficionado and love old school wrestling so this is why I was very interested in joining this after I was told about it. Read a few shows from your territories and I love everything I've read thus far.

So, basically, I'm looking forward to take over one of the available territories and make my own spin on it. Have a few ideas in mind and you'll pretty much see where it's going once everything's set into motion. Looking forward to start, guys! ;)

Welcome aboard Patrick.

Patrick is looking to move the Big Time/Detroit roster up to Canada. He is going to look around and see what's going on and then we will formally announce him stepping in if it works out.

With regards to the draft... I think we are going to go ahead with Sir Edgar getting Detroit's roster and doing his movements.

Southeastern will remain open to new writers or Boon even if he wants to come back which I hope he would. But if nothing is done by July we can cross that bridge and see what we can do with the out of work guys. Until then, the loans that Boon sent out are in full effect until July 1st.

Hey guys just wanted to say sorry for lateness. I am currently in the process of moving and starting a new job.

The plus is I will have more time to write with this new job compared to where I was working.

So Stampede is going to keep on rolling. I will work all this into a storyline but I just wanted to let you guys know that I am still here just got some stuff that I have to take care of first.

I guess we can formally welcome Sir Edgar and International Wrestling into the fold. I know he has made some rosters moves with some others and should be kicking things off here in the coming weeks.

A reminder, tomorrow morning, your complete roster control goes into full effect, I will try and keep up with changes as they happen.