Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruno's Neck is going to be joining us... he will be taking these 20 guys to start with for Portland Wrestling.

As part of the process, Bruno will need to post shows for 4 consecutive weeks. If he follows through with that, he will be allowed to max out his roster at 45 people and then also begin Trades and Loans with other promotions. I ask that we keep that rule so we don't have as much roster turnover when getting someone new involved.

Here are his 20 guys

1. Koko Ware

2. Scott Armstrong

3. Steve Armstrong

4. Bobby Jaggers

5. Eric Embry

6. Captain Lou Albano (Manager)

7. Jay Youngblood

8. Mark Youngblood

9. Jonathan Boyd

10. "Killer" Brooks

11. Spoiler

12. Rick McGraw

13. Johnny Rich

14. Brett Wayne Sawyer

15. Blackjack Lanza

16. Tom Pitchard

17 . Pat Rose

18. Ken Timbs

19. Mike Jackson

20. Tonga Kid

Please adhere to the no loan and no trade agreement to help with turnover at this point. Thanks!

As I discussed with Derek a bit earlier today, Lutte Internationale is looking to launch later this year the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup, a 32-men tournament featuring the best talents in every territory. Looking to do this a little bit later this year, probably around November (I ideally want to select dates that wouldn't overlap with any of your dates).

Just surveying the field if any of you would be interested. Feel free to hit me up for infos and such, whether here or in DMs.

Here is Boon's preliminary roster...

Knoxville Preliminary Roster

1. Bill Ash
  2. Dirty Rhodes
  3. Doug Vines
  4. Jeff Sword
  5. Phil Hickerson
  6. Tommy Lane
  7. Mike Davis
  8. The Flame
  9. Matt Borne
  10. Billy Travis
  11. Dan Spivey
  12. Ken Lucas
  13. Ron Starr (Mr Wrestling)
  14. Roy Lee Welch
  15. Larry Hamilton
  16. Josh Stroud
  17. Gene Ligon
  18. Tony Falk
  19. Billy Spears
  20. Ricky Gibson

He has the choice to pick up one more person... free agency is back open for all those concerned.

Thank goodness you talked about checking cagematch or wrestlingdata for the rosters. I realized that there were in fact 2 Kendo Nagasakis and I was sure that Kazuo Sakurada was the only one using the gimmick. Peter Thornley also used the gimmick in the UK but there's a 10-year gap prior between 1977 and 1987 in which Thornley didn't compete. So, I think it should be important to keep in mind that Sakurada wrestled regularly until 2000 so we should be able to use him for a long time again.

So, officially, if possible, could we have mentioned that it is Kazuo Sakurada with the Kendo Nagasaki gimmick?