Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have got a great list assembled so far... anything anyone can add would be great, especially if we pop out to three new promotions. I will talk with Thunderlips if he pms me and we can look into his options. Like I said, we are going to wait a couple of days and if it jumps out more, I will call on people to help and donate talent. I will keep everyone up to date.

Just wanted to say hey I'm one of the new guys. SirEdgar posted to some friends of ours about this place and explained it was booking the territories from as of now 85 on and I was in. Looking forward to drafting a roster with the other guys and diving in. I'll be checking out everybody's promotions to get a feel for presentations and such. Thanks for getting me involved guys.

Free Agency is on hold right now until the draft is complete. I am trying to finalize things this week as the free agents are being put into the draft.

I think that if you are giving someone up for the draft, they are given up for the draft for good and off your roster. If they are lucky enough to not get drafted then you can get them back through free agency but this will be a way to give these guys some fresh faces.

Speaking of fresh faces, we will hold that draft upon the completion of this expansion draft so those guys will get to pick from some of the new faces as well as the current group of draft able talent.

Hi all, I'm going to be the new/first ? Booker of AJPW. I have experience on another board booking Georgia Championship Wrestling circa 1982. I would love to work out plans on bringing over and exchanging talent with all promoters. We are establishing ourselves currently as a freelancer promotion.

Yes, as of right now, Thunderlips will be taking over All Japan. We will still send the talent there for the tours, but if you want to work out other deals for talent, you are free to do so.

I have been in contact with the other two promotions to start, I am waiting on word from one other person and we'll see how it goes from there. Once I get word, we will kick off the draft through a google doc so as to keep it organized.

The Memphis and Southeastern Rosters, Our contributions, and the Free Agents will all be draft able for the two new promotions.

Yes, as of right now, Thunderlips will be taking over All Japan. We will still send the talent there for the tours, but if you want to work out other deals for talent, you are free to do so.

I have been in contact with the other two promotions to start, I am waiting on word from one other person and we'll see how it goes from there. Once I get word, we will kick off the draft through a google doc so as to keep it organized.

The Memphis and Southeastern Rosters, Our contributions, and the Free Agents will all be draft able for the two new promotions.

I see that there's a fresh face draft coming up. As a Japanese promotion, am I allowed to participate in it?

I see that there's a fresh face draft coming up. As a Japanese promotion, am I allowed to participate in it?

Much the same as the American promotions, that would take a US talent away to Japan full time. You have rights to all the fresh faces in Japan if you want to research who rookies were in 1985, but it wouldn't be right to have a Japanese promotion pick up US talent and keep them with that schedule. I can help you find some Japanese rookies/young lions for 1985 though.

Much the same as the American promotions, that would take a US talent away to Japan full time. You have rights to all the fresh faces in Japan if you want to research who rookies were in 1985, but it wouldn't be right to have a Japanese promotion pick up US talent and keep them with that schedule. I can help you find some Japanese rookies/young lions for 1985 though.

Can I raid some talent from NJPW?

I think that is something we can discuss, but in our world, we would say that NJPW is continuing to run alongside of you as shown with our tour dates. I would say you could take some lower guys but no main event level guys. Try to keep it as close to real as possible.

I think that is something we can discuss, but in our world, we would say that NJPW is continuing to run alongside of you as shown with our tour dates. I would say you could take some lower guys but no main event level guys. Try to keep it as close to real as possible.

I sent you a list about NJPW.

The Expansion Draft is OVER!

I would like to welcome Larry - LTrain - The new owner of Memphis Wrestling!

1. Jerry Lawler

2. Larry Zbyszko

3. Ricky Morton

4. Robert Gibson

5. Big John Studd

6. Bam Bam Bigelow

7. Bill Dundee

8. Scott Hall

9. Hillbilly Jim

10. Black Bart

11. Buddy Landell

12. Eric Embry

13. Adrian Adonis

14. Matt Borne

15. Bobby Jaggers

16. Nikolai Volkoff

17. Boris Zhukov

18. Lanny Poffo

19. Jimmy Golden

20. Jesse Barr

21. Wendell Cooley

22. Kendo Nagasaki

23. Al Madrill

24. Brian Adias

25. Paul Ellering

26. Nightmare Danny Davis

27. Nightmare Ken Wayne

28. Fred Ottman

29. Scott Casey

30. Aaron Holt

31. Denis Upton

32. Jeff Sword

33. Larry Hamilton

34. Pat Rose

35. Johnny Rich

I would like to welcome Steve - Stennick - The new owner of Continental Championship Wrestling!

1. Dutch Mantell

2. Austin Idol

3. Jimmy Valiant

4. Shawn Michaels

5. Marty Jannetty

6. Bob Armstrong

7. Brad Armstrong

8. Ole Anderson

9. Wayne Ferris

10. Tim Horner

11. Hector Guerrero

12. Ox Baker

13. Tracey Smothers

14. Steve Armstrong

15. Jay Strongbow

16. Jules Strongbow

17. John Tatum

18. Bill Irwin

19. Scott Irwin

20. Rip Rogers

21. Tom Pritchard

22. Steve Regal

23. Hercules

24. Mando Guerrero

25. Chavo Guerrero

26. Lord Humungous (Mike Stark)

27. Hiro Saito

28. Ron Fuller

29. Robert Fuller

30. Shane Douglas

31. George Steele

32. Mike Davis

33. Tommy Lane

34. Scott Armstrong

35. Mike Graham

I am going to go ahead and update the database.

Also, these wrestlers will be returning to their home promotions...

WWF - Mark Youngblood & Jay Youngblood

MACW - All Drafted

LUTTE - The Spoiler, Hercules Ayala

USWA - Sonny Two Rivers (Junji Hirato), Killer Brooks, Brett Wayne Sawyer, Hacksaw Higgans, Johnny Mantell, Igor Volkoff, Fidel Sierra

AWA - Ricky Santana, Master Gee, Gama Singh, Gerry Morrow, Angel Acevedo

I am going to get the Fresh Face Draft updated and we can kick that off soon.

The Fresh Face draft has started... go to it when you can and we can try and get it finished up over the weekend. Let me know if you have any questions.

I think I have the database all up to date to this point and then once the draft is done I will update again.

I will have a fresh list for the free agency coming up in the coming days.