Pro Wrestling Only

American Wrestling Association results

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope youngster Moose Cholak can find the experience that Lord Alfred Hayes thought he lacked and maybe come back to San Antonio in 2-3 years when he's more polished.

Poor Samu. Two Samoans together always seem to be much tougher than one on their own.

Seems like Sheikh can't buy a win. I wonder if he'll have any better luck in San Antonio.

• 2 weeks later...

AWA All-Star Wrestling for the weekend of August 5th

The show opens up with Mean Gene excitedly announcing that , later on in the show, he would be speaking with none other than the AWA World Champion, Hulk Hogan.

Ken Patera vs. Great Malumba

Conspicuously, Patera came to the ring with a chain wrapped around his shoulders, like his stablemate Boris Zukhov. The chain didn’t really come into play, though, as he beat Malumba 5 ways to Sunday and got him to give up to the Swinging Full Nelson.

Moose Cholak vs. Bill Rathke

This was Cholak’s first appearance in the AWA since a brief run in the Southwest. He impressed the AWA crowd, both with the huge moose antler headpiece that he wore to the ring and with his swift dismantling of Rathke, polishing him off with the Big Splash.

Interview with the Road Warriors

Mean Gene mentions the finish of the recent AWA world tag title tournament and how the Road Warriors seemed to have the victory well in hand until Buck Robley and the rest of his army interfered. Animal replies that the Wild Bills knew they could never beat them in a fair fight and had to throw a whole army at them, but the Road Warriors would be ready next time and the Army would pay for what they had done, especially that big goof, Lord Humongous. Mean Gene then brought up their recent interview where they seemed to run down Da Crusher and the other AWA veterans and the rumors that, as a result, the rest of the AWA locker room were turning their backs and refusing to help the Warriors against the Army. Hawk reiterated that they stood by what they had said, that they didn’t need any help or any friends, and that they would destroy the Army by themselves if they had to.

The Minnesota Heartbreakers (Jeff Sword and Tom Stanton) vs. Jimmy Garvin & Ed Wiskowski

“Minnesota’s Handsomest Men” ™ were immediately taken with the several attractive women in bikinis that accompanied “Gorgeous” Jimmy and “The Polish Prince” to the ring and immediately tried to chat them up. For their part, the women wanted nothing to do with them and the Heartbreakers’ actions only served to annoy Garvin and Wiskowski, who then proceeded to beat the stew out of Sword and Stanton, ultimately ending the match with brutal Spike Piledrivers on each of them.

Eric Embry vs. Buck Zumhofe

Embry was making his first appearance on AWA TV, backed up by Col. Buck Robley and Maj. Cal Manson. Robley whispered something in his ear before the match that caused Embry’s face to split into a broad, evil grin. Whatever it was he said, it was bad news for Zumhofe, who would up inheriting a world of hurt from Embry. Embry seemed to be looking for the most painful moves in his repertoire and executed them methodically on Zumhofe, long after he probably should have put him away and ended the match. He finally put Zumhofe out of his misery with a sick looking over the shoulder neckbreaker, followed by a jumping piledriver. “The Flamoyant One” has quite clearly arrived in the AWA.

The Wild Bills (“Wild” Bill Irwin & Billy Jack) & Lord Humongous vs. The Latin Lovers (Vinnie Valentino & Javier Cruz) & Samu

The always popular Lovers and Samu put in a game effort against the World Tag Champions and their hockey masked partner, but for today were just outmatched by the size and power of the Army, with Humongous putting out Cruz with the modified Cobra Clutch. The moment the match ended, the Road Warriors charged the ring to try to get some revenge on Humongous and the Wild Bills, which provoked immediate retaliation by Robley, Manson and Embry to join the side of their Army cohorts. Notably, once the Road Warriors came into the ring, Valentino and Samu carried Cruz from the ring and left for the locker room, leaving the Warriors on their own to fight it out with the entire army until AWA officials forced them to clear the ring. It looks like the Warriors are truly on their own against the entire army.

Da Crusher & Ivan Putski vs. Boris Zukhov & Prof. Toru Tanaka

“Polish Power” Ivan Putski was making his return to the AWA rings and got a great response from the crowds, hoisting a keg of the beer to the ring to match his partner. Tanaka and Zukhov could not seem to get co-ordinated against the dual Polish Powerhouses, who teamed together like they had been partners their whole lives. When the ref was distracted, Zukhov tried to hit Putski with his chain, but Putski ducked and Zukhov hit Tanaka instead. Putski then hit the Polish Hammer on Zukhov for the victory. When he recovered, Tanaka was clearly not happy with Zukhov or Sheikh Kaissie but ultimately left the ring with them.

Inteview with Hulk Hogan

Mean Gene warmly greeted the AWA World Champion, who was still wearing bandages on his ribs from the attack by One Man Gang, and asked him how close he was to being fully recovered from that ambush. Hogan admitted that he still wasn’t at 100% but was still more than capable of defending his belt. Mean Gene then asked him if he was worried that his injuries would be too much of a disadvantage in defending his belt against the likes of Gang and Patera, given their dirty tactics and vicious allies. Hogan affirmed that he was not afraid of any of the Sheikh’s men, individually or as a group, and if his body wasn’t at full strength, his heart was more than enough to see him through.

One Man Gang vs. Mr. Olympia

Olympia was keen to get revenge on Gang for his attack at the big Milwaukee show, both for himself and his good friend Hulk Hogan, and was a ball of fire against the much bigger man. The match raged back and forth , with Gang using his massive size to try and wear down Olympia and the masked man pulling himself out of the fire and rallying back. Olympia took a big risk to try to and finish off the big man by climbing the top turnbuckle to hit a big move, but when the ref wasn’t looking , Sheikh Kaissey shoved Olympia off, sending him crashing to the mat. Whatever Gang intended to do to capitalize on this, we will never know, as Hulk Hogan immediately rushed to the ring and attacked him, defending his good friend. Patera, Kaissey and Zukhov charged the ring shortly after to join in the fight, but by then Olympia had recovered and grabbed Gang’s steel chain, swinging it wildly and clearing the villains from the ring. Although he had lost the match by DQ due to Hogan’s attacking Gang, he and Hogan stood tall in the ring as the show ended, showing that the war between them and the Sheikh’s men was far from over

AWA at the Met Center, Bloomington, August 5th.

Moose Cholak vs. The Great Malumba

Cholak defeated Malumba with the Big Splash

Lord Humongous vs. Buck Zumhofe

Humongous beat Zumhofe with the modified Cobra Clutch. After the match, Col. Buck Robley gave Zumhofe a piledriver for good measure

Latin Lovers vs. Eric Embry & Col. Buck Robley

The Lovers looked like they had the match wrapped up after they hit the Love Missile on Robley, but the referee wasn’t there to make the count as he was distracted by Maj. Cal Manson, and Embry hit a top rope legdrop on Valentino and reversed the pin, leading to a victory for the Army.

Da Crusher , Ivan Putski & Samu vs. Sheikh Adnan Kaissey, Boris Zukhov & Prof. Toru Tanaka

Again, a failed attempt by Zukhov to use the chain ended up hitting Tanaka, after which Samu got the pin on Tanaka with a flying splash. Post-match, Tanaka almost went after Zukhov but was calmed down by Sheikh Kaissey

Jimmy Garvin vs. Iceman Parsons

Before the match, Garvin announced that, as Parsons was over the weight limit for the Light Heavyweight Title, this would be a non-title match. Parsons won the match with the Rumper Stumper, but protested afterwards he should have won the title as well.

AWA World Tag Team Title Match : The Wild Bills © vs. The Road Warriors

A wild match where it looked like the Roadies might take the titles when Hawk had Billy Jack lined up for a flying clothesline, only for Buck Robley to shove him off the top rope for the DQ. The rest of the Army charged the ring and, once again, nobody came to the aide of the Road Warriors, who barely got out by swinging chairs they had grabbed from ringside.

Hulk Hogan & Mr. Olympia vs. Ken Patera & One Man Gang

An epic brawl with all four men ending up bleeding and only ending when Gang clotheslined the ref, leading to a loss by DQ.

AWA All-Star Wrestling for the weekend of August 12th

“Polish Power” Ivan Putski vs. “The Russian Menace” Boris Zukhov

The centuries old feud between Poland and Russia made its way to the wrestling ring in this intense brawl, with the action going back and forth and finally ending when Zukhov whipped Putski into the corner to set up “Polish Power” for the Hammer & Sickle, but when he charged in for the follow up lariat, Putski caught him in a massive bearhug, forcing the Russian to give in

One Man Gang vs. “Rock & Roll” Buck Zumhofe

Zumhofe must really hate waking up these mornings. Gang simply annihilated Zumhofe, throwing him all over the ring then hitting the Gourd Buster followed by the running splash, followed in turn by the 747 Splash from the second turnbuckle.

“Flamboyant” Eric Embry vs. Mike Vachon

“The Flamboyant One” continued to impress, if not get the cheers of the AWA fans, easily dismantling the second generation wrestler before pinning him with a cradle suplex. Soon will come the time, though, when Embry will have to show his worth against bigger competition.

“Gorgeous” Jimmy Garvin vs. Mr. Olympia

One again, before the match, Jimmy Garvin got on the mic to announce that, since Mr. Olympia was above the weight limit for the Light Heavyweight title, this would be a non-title match. Olympia seemed distinctly unimpressed by this, but it didn’t stop him going full bore against Garvin, fighting hard to try to get the victory in spite of constant interference by Garvin’s drinking buddy, “The Polish Prince” Ed Wiskowski. Wiskowski ended up interfering one too many times, leading to a furious Iceman Parsons to charge the ring and attack both Wiskowski and Garvin, resulting in a DQ victory for Garvin. Although Olympia wasn’t happy with the decision, he shook hands with Parsons afterwards, grateful that he had his back.

Interview : Cut to Mean Gene in the ring.

Mean Gene : Folks, we have a big show coming up on the 19th in Milwaukee, we will be having a big show at the Mecca and we are lucky to have a special referee for the 8 man tag main event, my guest tonight, from Laverne & Shirley , The Big Ragoo himself … TV’s Eddie Mekka.

(Cheers erupt from the audience as Mekka makes his way to the ring. He immediately grabs the mic from Mean Gene and starts to sing.)

Mekka : *singing* I knew I’d go from rags to riches! (cue good natured laughter from Mean Gene and the fans) Great to be here, Mean Gene!

Mean Gene : Great to have you, Eddie! We sure are pleased as punch to have you as the guest referee for that match between Hogan, Olympia, Crusher and Putski on one side, and Patera, Zukhov, One Man Gang and Tanaka on the other. Are you at all worried about having to try to keep order with all of these big bruisers?

Mekka : Not at all, Mean Gene. I will not be intimidated by either team and will call it straight down the middle. And when the night is done, they might just change the name of the arena to the Eddie Mecca! Heh heh heh!

Mean Gene : Errrr, sure thing, Eddie. So tell us, what have you been doing with yourself since Laverne & Shirley went off the air?

Eddie : Glad you asked, Mean Gene. I am currently appearing at the Community Theatre in Milwaukee in a production of Same Time Next Year with the lovely and talented Adrienne Barbeau.

Mean Gene : Sounds wonderful, Eddie. Do you have any big movie or TV roles lined up yet?

Eddie : (smile slightly starting to fade) Not at such, Gene.

Mean Gene : Oh, uh, so, you were recently seen at the Pint With Da Crusher Block Party before our last show in Milwaukee. Is this what inspired you to get more involved with the AWA?

Eddie : (very quietly) I’m not allowed to talk about that, Gene.

Mean Gene : Ah! Well, umm, so, as I said, great to have you …

(Mean Gene gets cut off by the sound of “Shake Your Booty” by KC & The Sunshine Band, as the Latin Lovers, Vinnie Valentino and Javier Cruz, with several scantily clad Bootie Babes in tow, head to the ring. Valentino grabs to mic and turns to Mekka.)

Valentino : Heeeyyyyy! How’s tricks, paisano! Just wanted to make sure to welcome another fine Italian-American to our AWA family!

Eddie : Oh, I’m not actually, I’m Arm-

Valentino : (cutting him off) Yeah, great stuff, great stuff. Ladies , lay a little of that sweetness on my man , The Big Ragoo here. And Old Gino, while you are at it.

(The Bootie Babes start fawning over Mean Gene and Eddie Mekka. Gene seems to enjoy their attention but Mekka is quite flustered.)

Eddie : Uh, no, ah, much appreciated but I am a happily married man.

Valentino : You and Shirley finally tied the knot? That’s incredible, man!

Eddie : No, Cindy is just a good friend.

Valentino : What about Laverne?

Eddie : Penny? Oh, she’s nice … uh, why is your friend doing that ? (indicating Javier Cruz, who is silently giving Mekka a death glare)

Valentino : Oh, don’t mind Cruz Control, he just gets like that some times. Hey, great talk, we’ll meet up after the show in Milwaukee, head over to Mama Leone’s for some Veal Parm, just say Vinnie sent you, they’ll know who you mean and give you a good table!

(The Latin Lovers and the Bootie Babes depart the ring, leaving a thoroughly confused Eddie Mekka in their wake)

Hulk Hogan & Da Crusher vs. Ken Patera & Prof. Toru Tanaka

Again, Tanaka finds himself teaming with one of Sheikh Kaissie’s men, and again , they just don’t seem to gel. After an intense bout, Kaissie’s attempt to interfere from the outside led to retaliation by Da Crusher. When Patera left the ring to defend his manager, this left Tanaka in the ring by himself to face a Hulk Hogan Axe Bomber , followed by the Big Leg Drop for the 1-2-3. Tanaka left the ring with Patera and Kaissie, but the expression on his face was sour even by his standards.

AWA World Tag Title Match : The Wild Bills (“Wild” Bill Irwin & Billy Jack) vs. The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal)

In this return match from the tournament finals, the Road Warriors were determined to prove that they could take the titles and show they didn’t need anybody else to do it. Well, that might have been their philosophy, but it didn’t seem to be shared by the champs, who felt no hesitation about letting their manager, Col. Buck Robley, or his second in command, Maj. Cal Manson, work in a cheap shot whenever they could. After a brutal bout, the Road Warriors saw the championship just within their grasp when Animal hit Irwin with a huge powerslam that knocked the wind right out of him … only for the Army to snatch it away from them by charging the ring for the DQ. Even the AWA officials seemed hesitant to interfere on behalf of the out numbered Road Warriors, who were just barely able to slug their way out. It looks like the time has come for them to regret their earlier, ill chosen words.

AWA at Boylan High School, Rockford, IL. , August 12th

The Hollywood Heartbreakers (Tom Stanton, Jeff Sword & Rocky Brewer) vs. The Latin Lovers (Vinnie Valentino & Javier Cruz) & Iceman Parsons

The Latin Lovers and Parsons won when they hit the Love Missile on Brewer

Ivan Putski vs. Shekh Adnan Kaissie

Putski defeated Kaissie with the Polish Hammer. Post match, Boris Zukhov attacked Putski with the chain, but Da Crusher came in for the rescue.

Ed Wiskowski vs. Moose Cholak

Wiskowski won after Cholak missed the Big Splash, followed by Wiskowski hitting a Big Leg Drop on the back of Cholak’s head.

Eric Embry vs. Samu

Embry won with a Cradle Suplex

Mr. Olympia & Da Crusher vs. Boris Zukhov & Prof. Toru Tanaka

Olympia & Crusher won when Crusher hit a Bolo Punch on Tanaka

The AWA continues to get stronger. Coincidentally, I am from the Rockford area and my family would attend shows there and would have likely been at this one. I think they would have been pleased with what they saw. You have one of the strongest rosters in the game right now and the dynamic duo of the AWA continues to put out some very good stuff. I currently have you number 3 in the power rankings.

Thanks for the feedback, it is appreciated. Had to work through a bit of blockage (that and schedule issues are the reason for the delays) and am still tweaking my writing style to make things as smooth as possible. A big inspiration was from grimmas' writing, where I followed his model and realized I didn't have to script out every interview but could just mention the points that were hit in it. Also big thanks to Wade Smeltzer for the inspiration for the interview in the last TV. This will not be the last we see of the Big Ragoo.

Thanks for the feedback, it is appreciated. Had to work through a bit of blockage (that and schedule issues are the reason for the delays) and am still tweaking my writing style to make things as smooth as possible. A big inspiration was from grimmas' writing, where I followed his model and realized I didn't have to script out every interview but could just mention the points that were hit in it. Also big thanks to Wade Smeltzer for the inspiration for the interview in the last TV. This will not be the last we see of the Big Ragoo.

Thanks man. It's a nice read. Hogan and Road Warriors are being dealt with very well!

I figure what people are reading here are reviews that appear on websites. Most sites don't do word for word promos, just what they talk about. That and I am lazy.

The AWA also had some smaller market house shows over the weekend, here are the results :

AWA in Oshkosh, WI, August 13th

The Minnesota Heartbreakers (Jeff Sword, Tom Stanton & Rocky Brewer) vs. Mike Vachon, Bill Cody & Bill Rathke

The Minnesota Heartbreakers won when Jeff Sword hit a running kneedrop on Mike Vachon

Moose Cholak vs. Great Malumba

Moose Cholak won with the Big Splash

Ivan Putski vs. Prof. Toru Tanaka

Ivan Putski won with a backlide reversal

Eric Embry vs. Samu

Eric Embry won with the over the shoulder neckbreaker

AWA World Tag Title Match : The Wild Bills © vs. The Latin Lovers

The Wild Bills won when Billy Jack made Vinnie Valentino submit to the Full Nelson

Mr. Olympia & Iceman Parsons vs. Jimmy Garvin & Ed Wiskowski

Garvin & Wiskowski won when Garvin got the pin after Wiskowski blindsided Parsons with a lariat when the ref's back was turned.

It might have been a bit surprising that the Road Warriors didn't win the titles straight off, but that was mostly based around two things : 1) I didn't want both of my main titles held by super dominant champs right at the start, and 2) to reflect that, at this point, Hogan is already somewhat established while the Warriors are just starting to make their mark. This angle and the chase for the belts is my version of them being schooled and taught humility by the veteran wrestlers.

AWA in Sheboygan, WI, August 14th

Col. Buck Robley vs. Buck Zumhofe

Robley beat Zumhofe after 2 piledrivers.

The Road Warriors vs. The Minnesota Heartbreakers (Rocky Brewer & Tom Stanton)

The Road Warriors won in 12 seconds after Animal hit a powerslam on Brewer.

Eric Embry vs. Bill Cody

Embry beat Cody with the cradle suplex

Ivan Putski vs. Bill Rathke

Putski beat Rathke with the Polish Hammer

Ed Wiskowski vs. Samu

Wiskowski beat Samu with the face first piledriver after he rolled out of the way of a top rope splash

Ken Patera, One Man Gang & Boris Zukhov vs. Hulk Hogan, Mr. Olympia & Da Crusher

This match went to a 30 minute time limit draw after wild match that saw all 6 men bleed

It might have been a bit surprising that the Road Warriors didn't win the titles straight off, but that was mostly based around two things : 1) I didn't want both of my main titles held by super dominant champs right at the start, and 2) to reflect that, at this point, Hogan is already somewhat established while the Warriors are just starting to make their mark. This angle and the chase for the belts is my version of them being schooled and taught humility by the veteran wrestlers.

So, we blame Verne.

AWA at the Brown County Veteran's Memorial Arena, Green Bay, WI, August 16th

Moose Cholak vs. Bill Cody

Moose Cholak won with the Big Splash

Samu vs. Bill Rathke

Samu won with the top rope Flying Samoan Splash

Iceman Parsons vs. Eric Embry

Eric Embry won after Parsons went for the top rope Rumper Stumper but was shoved off the top rope by Jimmy Garvin while Buck Robley distracted the ref, followed by an over the shoulder neckbreaker by Embry

Latin Lovers vs. Jimmy Garvin & Ed Wiskowski

Garvin & Wiskowski won by DQ when Iceman Parsons entered the ring and attacked Garvin

Putski won with the Polish Hammer

AWA Tag Title Match : The Wild Bills © vs. The Road Warriors

Double DQ when both teams would not stop brawling in the middle of the ring

Texas Tornado Triple-Chain 6 Man Tag Match : Hulk Hogan, Mr. Olympia & Da Crusher vs. Ken Patera, One Man Gang & Boris Zukhov

In a crazy and bloody match, Hogan, Olympia & Crusher won when Crusher his a chain assisted Bolo Punch on Zukhov

Good stuff. You already know I'm a big fan of The Wild Bills team and I like how you're using them here.

Nice to see that Moose Cholak is having more success here than his stint in Southwest. I hope that match with Malumba was REALLY short though haha.

Your usage of Hogan as a tough brawler feels like Verne's most promising option since he probably wouldn't have gone for Hulkamania the way Vince did. Patera and Gang are prime opponents for him. This may be a Hogan who is in "Japan-mode" all the time.

Eddie Mekka is a suprisingly relevant celebrity guest for Verne.

TV for the weekend of August 19 : AWA All-Star Wrestling

The matches are interspersed with promos for the big show at the Mecca in Milwaukee.

Tanaka is just coming off a big feud with Putski’s good friend , Da Crusher, and these two have had some intense matchups in house shows, so it was no surprise that this was a knock-down, drag-out fight that ultimately got completely out of control, with Tanaka clobbering Putski in the head with the salt bucket resulting in a DQ decision. These two continued brawling after the bell until Putski knocked out of the ring with the Polish Hammer.

Ken Patera vs. Buck Zumhofe

Patera seemed determined to literally break Zumhofe in half , hitting every single back breaker variation on him until finally strapping him across his shoulders in the Human Torture Rack while the ref counted three drops of the arm on the unconscious Zumhofe.

The Latin Lovers (Vinnie Valentino & Javier Cruz) vs. “Gorgeous” Jimmy Garvin & “The Polish Prince” Ed Wiskowski

The Latin Lovers came to the ring trailing along several bikini clad Bootie Babes, while Garvin & Wiskowski were accompanied by their own crew of scantily clad lovelies. This seemed to be a big distraction for Valentino , who spent much of his time trying to chat up Garvin’s girls and showboating in an attempt to impress them. This ended up costing him, as he was so pleased with himself after a spectacular leapfrog to avoid the oncoming Garvin, that he failed to see that Garvin had tagged in Wiskowski, who proceeded to flatten Valentino with a huge lariat for the pin. Post-match, Valentino continued to try to connect with Garvin’s ladies, as an indignant Garvin hurriedly ushered them away from the ring.

Eric Embry vs. Mike Vachon

Embry has yet to be pinned since arriving in the AWA, and didn’t really come close to it in this match as he easily dispatched the second generation wrestler, hitting the over the shoulder neckbreaker followed by a piledriver for the pin.

Lord Humongous vs. Iceman Parsons

This contest was the toughest singles match Humongous had yet since arriving in the AWA, raging back and forth with Parsons making a concerted effort to remove Humongous’ hockey mask. He was ultimately able to get it off, but the moment he had, Buck Robley came off the top rope with an elbow smash on Parsons, forcing the ref to call for a DQ. As Robley and Lord Humongous continued to beat down Parsons, his good friend Samu rushed to the ring to even the odds. This prompted the Wild Bills to come to the ring, which in turn led to the Road Warriors to charge in to get a shot at the Bills. The moment the Road Warriors entered the ring, Parsons and Samu immediately bailed , giving a disgusted look over their shoulders as the Warriors brawled with all four men until the AWA officials cleared the ring.

AWA World Title Match : Hulk Hogan © vs. Boris Zukhov

Hogan came out by himself to the ring and soaked up the huge cheers from the crowd. Zukhov came out accompanied not only by his manager, Sheikh Adnan Kaissie, but also Ken Patera, One Man Gang and Toru Tanaka , his partners in the upcoming 8 man tag in Milwaukee. Hogan, being no fool, signaled to the locker room and out came his own partners : Mr. Olympia , Da Crusher and Ivan Putski. Both teams stood at ringside as Hogan and Zukhov slugged it out, and it would come as a surprise to no one that once Hogan got a decisive advantage over the big Russian, One Man Gang entered the ring and attacked him, leading to all 8 men engaging in a chaotic brawl and a double DQ finish. Eddie Mekka certainly has his work cut out for him trying to keep these huge men in line in the Milwaukee main event.

Stupid Vinnie Valentino. You come out with your own troupe of ladies and get distracted by Garvin's?

Pretty wild ending to Humongous vs Iceman. Parsons & Samu should have been a little more grateful for the assistance. I like the idea of those 2 as a tag team if you go that route.

Looking forward to the big 8 man tag. I loved seeing Hogan in tag/multi man tag situations in AWA.

Eddie Mekka is so screwed. That 8 man tag better make your first commercial tape. Buck Zumhofe isn't getting hurt enough. I hope those Road Warriors learn the value of allies soon. That Valentino seems a little too obsessed with talking to the ladies. Are you sure he's not posing as a ladies' man?