• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taped at The Junction in San Antonio, TX on 8/1

Southwest Championship Wrestling airing on Saturday 8/6
in local markets

-Show intro-

steverstack1_zps2225fa25.jpg

Steve Stack: Welcome to Southwest Championship Wrestling! We have an exciting hour in store for you today and we are going to start off with the announcement of the winners of the Southwest Tag Team Title Tournament

-Suddenly Tully Blanchard & David Von Erich interrupt Steve Stack

Tully Blanchard: They say a picture is worth a thousand words so Steve Stack let me save you the trouble of telling these people who won the tournament Sunday night be showing these people who has the belts!

David Von Erich: What's wrong Steve Stack? You spent the last 4 weeks telling everyone how great The Fabulous Ones are, how they were setting MY state on fire and now you're out here looking like an idiot because The Fabulous Ones were proven to be nothing but losers!

Steve Stack: They didn't look like losers in their match against you Sunday night when they came very close to beating you despite the injures Steve Keirn suffered in the 1st round.

David Von Erich: They didn't look like losers!? I don't know what you were watching Steve Stack because I left Steve Keirn knocked out and bleeding all over all the mat while Stan Lane cried over his near lifeless body!

Tully Blanchard: David, don't waste your time trying to talk sense to Steve Stack, you'll quickly see what an idiot he is.

Steve Stack: Well if you'll allow the idiot to ask you one question, is it true that Killer Khan has chosen to face Bob Sweetan in a Mongolian Stretcher match this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena?

Tully Blanchard: Yes it's true. And I heard when Bob Sweetan found out he had the producer make him a special little video just like Steve Casey had before his Texas Death Match with Killer Khan. I've got more to say about that later but right now Steve Stack, I know you're about to cut us off and go to commercial so I want to make sure you and everyone else understands just what you are looking at. This is not just another tag team, this isn't even a Dynamic Duo this right here is a Dynasty, a Texas Dynasty and we are going to rule this state for DECADES to come so you better get used to it!

Steve Stack: Well ladies and gentleman you just heard from the new Southwest Tag Team Champions, don't go away because we have a lot more to come on this hour of Southwest Championship Wrestling!

-First Commercial Break-

hqdefault.jpg

Steve Stack: We're back here on Southwest Championship Wrestling and I have with me now two of the men who were in the semi-finals of the Southwest Tag Team Title tournament last Sunday night, The Assassins. Sunday night we saw you fall to The Fabulous Ones after some miscommunication between you and your partner.

Assassin #1: That's a good way to put it Steve Stack. We suffered the effects of a miscommunication at it cost us our chance at the Southwest Tag Team Titles. But we were not beaten by The Fabulous Ones last Sunday night, we were beaten by ourselves. And I've made sure that my partner here understands that we can not allow that to happen again because we are The Assassins are the only team capable of stopping The Assassins from being the Southwest Tag Team Champions. Tully Blanchard & David Von Erich may be a formidable team, they may even be the Texas Dynasty they claim to be. But we didn't come here to be anything less than the champions, and whether we have to go through them, The Fabulous Ones, or anyone else in the whole state of Texas to get those belts that's just what we'll do.

Steve Stack: Those were very powerful words there from The Assassin! This Sunday night The Assassins will face off against Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook in a match that will surely have implications on who will receive a future shot at the Southwest Tag Team Titles. Now let's take it down to the ring for our first match of the day: Steve Pardee vs. The Turk, Ali Bey!

MooRnze.jpg?1vs. uxVLn7O.jpg?1

Steve Pardee vs. Ali Bey -

Ali Bey knees Pardee in the stomach on their initial lockup and starts pounding away on the back of Pardee's neck and choking him on the ropes. Ali Bey works over Steve Pardee for a bit until Pardee dodges Ali Bey's charge into the corner and then monkey flips him out of the corner. Pardee grabs Ali Bey's head as The Turk is getting up and hits the Bulldog on him! Pardee turns Ali Bey over and makes the cover for the count of 3.

Steve Stack: That was another impressive win by the youngster Steve Pardee who is making quite a name for himself here in Southwest Championship Wrestling! Folks don't go away because when we come back we'll hear from the man who has been somewhat of a nemesis to Steve Pardee over the past month: Lord Alfred Hayes!

-Second commercial break-

g0bsIrJ.jpg?1

Steve Stack: Welcome back to Southwest Championship Wrestling! With me now is Lord Alfred Hayes and his new client, Stan 'The Man' Stasiak!

Lord Alfred: Steven Stack did I hear you call me a "nemesis" of Steve Pardee? What is this about? That insufferable miscreant is nowhere near worthy of being considered my nemesis! I'll have you know that I concern myself only with the very best wrestlers in the world and that is why I have with me now the greatest WWF World Champion in history, Stan Stasiak! The list of men this man defended the title against is so lengthy it would take up the rest of this program if I were to name them all. He set every attendance record for professional wrestling that stands today in the Northeast. And that was just the beginning of his career, that was just when he was gaining experience! Now he has come to Southwest Championship Wrestling in the very prime of his career to teach everyone in the state of Texas just what a true champion in this sport is supposed to represent. Grace, skill, speed and an incredible prowess on the wrestling mat is what Stan Stasiak will be teaching the people watching at home, and very soon that poor excuse for a wrestler who is standing in the ring.

Stan Stasiak vs. The Masked Wildfire -

The Masked Wildfire goes to lockup with Stasiak but instead Stasiak clocks him in the jaw with a right hand! Stan Stasiak knees the masked man from Hendersonville, TN in the stomach and then sends him down to the mat with a clubbing forearm. Masked Wildfire tries to get up to his feet and sends a weak punch into the midsection of Stan Stasiak but Stasiak just grabs Wildfire's arm and holds it behind his head and then delivers a devastating Heart Punch that sends Wildfire down to the mat! Stan Stasiak covers with his foot on Masked Wildfire's chest for the 3 count.

Lord Alfred: Now do you see what kind of a competitor I have brought to Texas, Steven Stack? Do you see what kind of a wrestling lesson is in store for the locker room of Southwest Championship Wrestling?

Steve Stack: I saw a man with a very devastating Heart Punch but I'm not sure I saw any of the grace & wrestling prowess you were talking about.

Lord Alfred: Once again it's clear you have no knowledge of this sport Steven Stack. I do so miss a great British announcer like Kent Walton. A man who can speak eloquently about the action inside the squared circle instead of your shouting and raving. But Steven, despite you showing your own stupidity once again, you will not upset me. This Sunday night, Stan Stasiak, the greatest sports attraction that Madison Square Garden has ever known, will step foot inside The HemisFair Arena for the first time. Unfortunately he has not been given the proper respect with an opponent of his caliber, but the people of Texas will have to settle for seeing Stan Stasiak end the career of Steve Pardee. Now Steve Stack you may continue misinforming these people with your ignorance. Cheers.

Steve Stack: Well fans I know you won't be misinformed when I tell you that you don't want to touch that dial during this next commercial break because when we come back here on Southwest Championship Wrestling we will talk to 'Mr. Piledriver' Bob Sweetan about his Mongolian Stretcher Match against Killer Khan!

Third Commercial Break

After the commercial break a video plays hyping the Mongolian Stretcher match between Bob Sweetan & Killer Khan set to the tune of 'The Good, The Bad, The Ugly' by Ennio Morricone

RO9SSa9.jpg?1

Steve Stack: Fans you just saw an incredible video for the main event this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena! It's truly going to be like an old shootout where one man walks away and the other man is carried out. Bob Sweetan are you concerned that you may have given the advantage to Killer Khan by allowing him to choose a Mongolian Stretcher match?

Bob Sweetan: No Steve Stack, I'm not concerned at all. I wanted to face Killer Khan on his terms so that when I beat him and get rid of him, there will be no excuses from Tully Blanchard. And no one left to hide behind. Tully, you can run around with David Von Erich and call yourself the Texas Dynasty all you want. To be quite honest, I don't care what happens with those Southwest Tag Team Titles. But I do care about that Southwest Heavyweight Title you have around your waist, the title that you stole for me! Once your Monster from Mongolia is gone, there won't be anyone left to stand in my way of taking it from you.

Steve Stack: Bob, we've seen what Killer Khan has done to everyone in his path over the last month, we've seen how he injured Eric Embry and Rick McGraw with that taped thumb and now he's even more dangerous with that hard cast on his thumb after having it broken by Scott Casey. Since then we've seen him use it to end Scott Casey's career and possibly the career of Jacques Rougeau. Do you have a plan for how to avoid that thumb to the throat?

Bob Sweetan: Scott Casey had the right idea to attack his thumb but unfortunately it had the end result of making him even stronger with that cast. I'm going to fix those unintended consequences because I'm going to break that hard cast off of his thumb and take away his biggest weapon! And then I don't care how many it takes, I am going to drop Killer Khan on his head with the Piledriver until he's broken and the only way to move his body is by wheeling it out on a stretcher!

Steve Stack: Now let's head down to the ring to see Bob Sweetan in action against the man of many tattoos, T.G. Stone!

Bob Sweetan vs. T.G Stone -

Bob Sweetan kicks T.G. Stone in the gut as soon as the bell ring and hits the Piledriver on him! Bob Sweetan makes the cover and wins the match in less than 10 seconds!

Steve Stack: What an incredible win by Bob Sweetan, you can see just how fired up he is for his Mongolian Stretcher match this Sunday night!

Tully Blanchard: Well he should be fired up Steve Stack, he knows it's his last time ever wrestling on this television program. You know it's funny how Scott Casey & Bob Sweetan both wanted to have Ennio Morricone songs to hype themselves up for their matches against Killer Khan. You two probably sat around watching Clint Eastwood & John Wayne movies convincing yourselves you were really bad! Well Scott Casey already learned just what happens when you have a showdown with Killer Khan and now Bob Sweetan you're going to find out next! And I couldn't be happier that it's a Mongolian Stretcher match! I watched Eric Embry, Rick McGraw & Scott Casey all get helped out of here but YOU Mr. T-Shirt, you are going to get CARRIED out! But I said earlier in the show that a picture was worth a thousand words, now I've got something even better. Bob Sweetan you want to watch your Spaghetti Westerns and hype yourself up, well this video should speak your language.

-A video plays of Killer Khan's actions since he's arrived on the scene in Southwest to the tune of 'Death Rides a Horse' by Ennio Morricone. The video shows the attacks on Eric Embry & Rick McGraw and them being helped out of The Junction then the video of Killer Khan beating Scott Casey in the Texas Death Match and Scott Casey spitting blood on the mat. The video ends with a shot of an empty stretcher with a "Reserved for Bob Sweetan" sign on it.

Fourth Commercial Break

Steve Stack: That was a very powerful video we saw about Killer Khan before the break! Make sure you're at The HemisFair Arena this Sunday night to see if Bob Sweetan can avoid becoming another victim of Killer Khan or if Killer Khan will add one more name to the list of men he's severely injured. But right now I'd like to bring in two men who have their own important match this Sunday night, Jose Lothario & El Gran Apollo! Jose you and El Gran Apollo had a great match against The Fabulous Rougeaus last Sunday night but you came up short on your goal of becoming the Southwest Tag Team Champions. This Sunday night you have a rematch from two weeks ago against Mike Masters & Tiny Anderson.

mPQs5FZ.jpg?1 5MgPy72.jpg?1

Jose Lothario: That's right Steve Stack, we did not reach our goal of the Southwest Tag Team Titles, but we are not going to give up so easily. We have confidence in ourselves and we believe that we can defeat Tully Blanchard & David Von Erich for those titles and any other team we have to beat along the way. This Sunday night we have a chance to get some revenge against Mike Masters for the disrespect he showed me last month and after we beat him and Tiny Anderson we think we should be in line for another shot at the Southwest Tag Team Titles.

-Jose & El Gran Apollo leave to the left and Eddy Mansfield comes in from the right

Steve Stack: Jose thank you for your time. Now I'd like to bring in Eddy Mansfield who was scheduled to have a tag team match today with his partner Terry Adonis but I've been told you have an announcement that you've gotten a new partner!

Eddy Mansfield: Well you heard right Steve Stack! I heard this man was coming back to Texas and that he was looking for a partner so I had to ditch that loser Terry Adonis so I could have a real partner! Now let me bring him out here, my partner in the New Blonde Bombers: Buddy Roberts!

Buddy Roberts: That's right Steve Stack, I'm back in Southwest Championship Wrestling! Some people may remember me from before when I was wrestling under the name Dale Valentine with my brother Johnny in my corner. But I decided to go out on my own and step out of the shadows of my brothers Johnny & Greg and made my name famous with The Fabulous Freebirds! But now it's time to reinvent myself again, time to come back to my old stomping grounds of San Antonio where I keep hearing the best tag team action in the world is at! And with The Continental Lover, Eddy Mansfield by my side it won't be long before those Southwest Tag Team Titles are around the waists of the Blonde Bombers!

Steve Stack: Well fans we've got people from all over the country, all over the world looking to come into Southwest Championship Wrestling and now Buddy Roberts is here as well seeking the Southwest Tag Team Titles! Let's go to the ring to get our first look at the Blonde Bombers in action!

R7QxOXW.jpg?1 LML5xSs.png?1

Buddy Roberts & Eddy Mansfield vs. Mike Jackson & Juan Reynosa -

Eddy Mansfield backed Juan Reynosa into the corner with Roberts on the initial lockup and Buddy took a cheapshot while the referee was getting in between Mansfield & Reynosa in the corner. The Blonde Bombers keep Reynosa in their corner and keep double teaming him until Buddy Roberts finishes him off with a Swinging Neckbreaker with Mike Jackson never even getting the tag into the ring.

Steve Stack: That was an impressive win by The Blonde Bombers! They will be in action this Sunday night against Roy Lee Welch and a partner of Welch's choosing. We have to take a time out for one last commercial break but don't go anywhere because when we come back we will talk to the #1 contenders to the Southwest Tag Team Titles, The Fabulous Ones!

-Fifth & final commercial break

IB7eNn6.jpg?1

Steve Stack: We're back here on Southwest Championship Wrestling with the #1 contenders to the AWA Southwest Tag Team Titles, Stan Lane & Steve Keirn: The Fabulous Ones!

Stan Lane: Thank you to all the people here in The Junction today who gave us such a great ovation when we came out here. That kind of love from the people is what makes us feel so disappointed about not coming away with the Southwest Tag Team Titles last Sunday night because we know how disappointed all our fans were to not see us with the belts here on TV today.

Steve Keirn: Now I am no out here to make any excuses. We lost to Tully Blanchard & David Von Erich in the finals and David pinned my shoulders to the mat in the middle of the ring. I'm not going to dispute that. But Steve Stack I want you to show a video of why I went into the finals with a huge bandage wrapped around my head.

-A video of the attack by the AWA World Tag Team Champions, The Wild Bills is shown while Steve Stack & The Fabulous Ones narrate the action.

Steve Keirn: You can see as soon as they come into the ring that they had no intentions of actually wrestling us last Sunday night! They came right in with their bullropes and attacked us!

Stan Lane: We're not sure how The Wild Bills even managed to win those World Tag Team Titles considering the only thing they've wanted to do against us is chicken out of a fight by attacking us with their bullropes! Now you see after they've knocked me & Steve down with the cowbell they hog tied me with the ropes and then went to work on Steve Keirn.

Steve Keirn:I've been busted open before and I'm pretty sure I'll end up busted open again, but when you have to wrestle 2 more times in the night it takes a lot out of you. You have all that adrenaline that comes from seeing your own blood and then by the time you're out there for your next match it's all gone. Well Wild Bills you may have gotten one over on us last Sunday night, but somewhere down the line we are going to see you two again and we're not just going to beat you up with your own ropes & cowbells, we are going to take the AWA World Tag Team Titles from you!

Stan Lane: But before we get to that, we are going to make our case as the number one contenders to the AWA World Tag Team TItles by beating the so called Texas Dynasty this Sunday night. Tully you and David Von Erich may have gotten the best of us last Sunday night, but this time there won't be anyone to attack us before our match, this time we won't have to wrestle twice before we face you for the Southwest Tag Team Titles. And this time we are going to make all these fans happy we are going to walk out of the HemisFair Arena with two gold Southwest Tag Team belts!

-The Fabulous Ones leave the interview area

Steve Stack: Fans we're almost out of time this week but I want to tell you to make sure you buy your ticket to the HemisFair Arena for Sunday night for an incredible night of action! Not only will you see two huge main events with The Mongolian Stretcher match between Bob Sweetan & Killer Khan and the Southwest Tag Team Title match between The Fabulous Ones and the Texas Dynasty but you will also see the Southwest Championship Wrestling debut of young up and comer Eddie Gilbert! You'll also see a rematch between Jose Lothario & El Gran Apollo versus the team of Mike Masters and Tiny Anderson, Stan Stasiak vs. Steve Pardee, The Assassins vs. Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook and more! And make sure you join us next week where we'll have all the results from Sunday night's card and the debut of the man from Iraq, Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey!

Scheduled for Sunday, August 7th at the HemisFair Arena in San Antonio, TX

Mongolian Stretcher Match: Bob Sweetan vs. Killer Khan

AWA Southwest Tag Team Title Match: The Fabulous Ones vs. The Texas Dynasty

Stan Stasiak vs. Steve Pardee

Mike Masters & Tiny Anderson vs. El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario

Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook vs. The Assassins

Eddie Gilbert vs. Ali Bey

Eddy Mansfield & Buddy Roberts vs. Roy Lee Welch & a mystery partner

Southwest Championship Wrestling @ San Antonio, TX - The HemisFair Arena 8/7/83

Roy Lee Welch starts the show announcing that his cousin was supposed to be here tonight to be here partner against Eddy Mansfield & Buddy Roberts, The Blonde Bombers but apparently his flight was cancelled at the last minute. Roy says that Terry Adonis offered to be his partner tonight so Terry could get his hands on Mansfield for talking trash about him on TV this week so that's who his partner is going to be.

Roy Lee Welch & Terry Adonis vs. The Blonde Bombers - Roy Lee Welch starts the match and calls in Mansfield but Eddy decides to let Buddy Roberts start the match. Roy Lee Welch totally dominates Buddy in the early going and makes a tag to Mansfield who doesn't fare any better and Mansfield rolls out of the ring. Buddy Roberts consoles Mansfield on the outside as the crowd gives them cat calls. Mansfield rolls in and out of the ring, baiting Roy Lee Welch into a position where Buddy Roberts can run in and cheap shot him from behind. Mansfield quickly slides in and takes advantage of the situation. The Bombers get Welch into their corner and really work him over and go for multiple pin attempts on Welch who just won't quit. Welch keeps trying to make his way to the corner to tag but gets cut off. Welch goes between Mansfield's legs and finally makes it to the corner for the hot tag but the referee was distracted by Buddy Roberts on the apron and missed the tag! Terry Adonis is furious! He argues with the referee and then sees Welch get hit with the Swinging Neckbreaker by Buddy who came in without making a tag. Terry Adonis leaves the ring and heads back to the locker room! Eddy Mansfield covers Welch and referee makes the count on but Welch gets his foot on the ropes! Buddy argues with the referee about a slow count while Mansfield chokes Roy Lee Welch on the ropes! Mansfield holds Roy Lee Welch from behind and Buddy Roberts comes in with a big right hand but Welch moves at the last second and Buddy nails Mansfield! Roy Lee Welch makes a desperation dive into his corner only to realize that his partner is gone! He turns back around into a big clothesline from Buddy Roberts who then makes the tag out to Eddy Mansfield. The Continental Lover comes in with a leg drop off the 2nd rope on Roy Lee Welch to finish him off!

Winners: The Blonde Bombers (Eddy Mansfield & Buddy Roberts) in 8:53 after a legdrop off the 2nd rope from Eddy Mansfield. During the match Roy Lee Welch was abandoned by his partner Terry Adonis.

Eddie Gilbert vs. Ali Bey - Eddie Gilbert is making his Southwest Championship Wrestling debut in this match against the formidable Turk, Ali Bey. Eddie Gilbert frustrates Ali Bey with his speed advantage in the early going but eventually Ali Bey takes over after an illegal chop to the throat. Ali Bey follows it up with some choking and clubbing before attempting a back body drop on Eddie Gilbert but getting hit with a sunset flip instead for the upset victory!

Winner: Eddie Gilbert in 6:20 with a sunset flip

El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario vs. Mike Masters & Tiny Anderson - Tiny Anderson is somehow looking fatter now than before he started training with Mike Masters. Masters berates Tiny Anderson before Apollo & Jose ever come out and makes him do jumping jacks while Masters just flexes. Tiny stops every time that Masters turns his back to him and only starts again when he starts to turn back around. Jose Lothario starts the match and wants some of Mike Masters but Masters decides to have Tiny start the match instead. Jose & Tiny Anderson lock up and Tiny Anderson makes the mistake of trying to cheapshot Jose Lothario which only earns him a big right hand that sends Tiny down to the mat. Jose starts shadow boxing while Mike Masters has a fit outside the ring about "illegal fists!" and tells the referee to disqualify Jose. Jose tries to get Masters to tag in but Masters only calls Tiny Anderson over to yell at him. Masters sends Tiny Anderson back to try again and this time Tiny gouges Jose's eyes after feigning a lock up. Tiny Anderson punches Jose and Jose responds with a big uppercut that totally lays Tiny Anderson out! Anderson looks totally knocked out on the mat but Jose won't pin him! Jose grabs him by the arm and drags him into the corner to tag Mike Masters who begrudgingly does tag the hand of the unconscious Tiny Anderson.

Mike Masters complains to the referee to make Jose open up his fists and does everything he can to stall and avoid making contact with Lothario. Jose gets frustrated and complains to the referee and Masters finally sees his opening to attack! He rushes in with a knee to the midsection of Jose and picks him up and slams him down hard. Masters follows up with a big jumping elbow drop. Masters works over Jose for a bit and then locks in the Full Nelson on him! Jose refuses to quit and he desperately tries to push his way to the corner to tag in El Gran Apollo! Jose inches his way into the corner and reaches all the way out and makes the tag just as Masters swings him around the other way and clamps down on the hold! Masters didn't see the tag and argues with the referee who tells him to break the hold. El Gran Apollo climbs up to the top rope up as Masters finally tosses Jose down and turns around he gets caught with a Top Rope Crossbody from El Gran Apollo for the 3 count!

Winners: El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario in 10:08 after a Top Rope Crossbody by El Gran Apollo

Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook vs. The Assassins - Ken Lucas starts the match against Assassin #1 keeps him off balance with dropkicks and punches before eventually missing a dropkick and getting squashed with a big elbow drop from Assassin #1. The Assassins keep Lucas in their corner and work him over with quick tags but Lucas leapfrogs over a back body drop from Assassin #2 and makes the tag to Charlie Cook! Assassin #1 comes in illegally and tries to cut off Cook but the big Assassin up eating a bodyslam that gets the crowd going crazy! Assassin #2 also gets bodyslammed and then Charlie Cook hits a flying tackle on Assassin #1 and tries to cover him. The referee tells Charlie Cook that Assassin #1 isn't the legal man and while they are arguing Assassin #2 loads his boot up by stomping it against the mat and Charlie Cooks turns around right into a big running boot from The Assassin #2! Assassin #2 makes the cover while Assassin #1 cuts off Lucas from making a save.

Winners: The Assassins in 9:22

Steve Pardee vs. Stan Stasiak - Steve Pardee is distracted at the start of the match by Lord Alfred Hayes shouting at him from outside the ring and Stasiak uses that to his advantage with a blind side attack. Stasiak beats on Pardee with clubbing blows and bouncing his head off the turnbuckles. Lord Alfred distracts the referee while Stasiak chokes Pardee on the ropes. The referee finally turns around and starts counting but Stasiak refuses to release until the count of 4 then lets go of Pardee who drops to the mat. Stasiak makes a cover but Pardee kicks out so Stan 'The Man' grabs a chinlock. The crowd cheers Pardee on as he fights back to his feet and he breaks out of the chinlock with elbows to Stasiak's midsection. Pardee goes to bounce off the ropes but Lord Alfred Hayes trips him! The referee doesn't see it but he suspects what happened and begins to argue with Lord Alfred which allows Stasiak to start choking Steve Pardee while he's down. Stasiak goes for another cover but Pardee again manages to kick out. Stan whips Pardee into the ropes and goes for a clothesline but Pardee ducks it and comes back off the ropes with a crossbody! Stasiak kicks out at 2 and goes charging at Pardee but eats an armdrag and then gets hit by a dropkick as soon as he gets up and the crowd is on their feet for the youngster Steve Pardee! Steve Pardee grabs a headlock on Stasiak and signals for the Bulldog but Lord Alfred Hayes jumps up on the apron and Pardee makes the mistake of letting go of Stasiak to go after Lord Alfred. Alfred hops back down off the apron when Pardee comes at him but when Steve turns around right into a Heart Punch from Stan Stasiak who covers him for the win!

Winner: Stan Stasiak by Heart Punch in 7:37

AWA Southwest Tag Team Titles: The Fabulous Ones vs. The Texas Dynasty © - The Texas Dynasty are extremely cocky as they walk down to the ring, making sure everyone in the arena knows they are the Southwest Tag Team Champions. Tully & David mess with The Fabs by doing a lot of changing their minds on who will start the match with Tully & David both going back and forth between standing on the apron and getting in the ring while Steve Keirn stands impatiently in his corner waiting on them.

Finally David Von Erich decides to start and the bell finally rings as David is still talking trash and making the gesture of the Claw while pointing at Steve Keirn Steve Keirn grabs his finger and twists and then blasts David with a big right hand that sends him down to the mat. David gets back up and charges at Steve Keirn and they exchanges punches in the center of the ring but Steve Keirn gets the best of the exchange and sends David down to the mat again! Tully calls David over in the corner and they talk strategy but Stan Lane comes around behind them from the outside of the ring and slams their heads together! Steve Keirn pulls DVE out of the corner and whips him into the ropes and Lane gets ready to go for the flying forearm but David holds onto the ropes and then drops down and slides out of the ring. Tully hops down off the apron and The Texas Dynasty have another strategy session on the outside. Lane tries to sneak up on them and bash their heads together again but this time The Dynasty see him coming and grab him and whip shoulder first into the steel ring post! Steve Keirn rushes out of the ring to check on Stan Lane as David & Tully scramble. The referee starts to count Steve Keirn out while he helps up Lane on the outside so Keirn rushes back in under the bottom rope only to catch a Von Erich boot to the face. David grabs him Keirn and tosses him into the Dynasty's corner and Tully starts to choke Keirn with the tag rope while David works his midsection over with punches. Referee Jack Howe warns them with a disqualification so David bodyslams Keirn down and then makes the tag out to Tully.

Tully comes in with a big elbow drop but Keirn rolls out of the way. Steve Keirn makes it back to his feet and catches Tully with a right hand that sends him down on his ass. Tully scoots backwards into his corner as Steve Keirn goes over to check on Stan Lane who is on the apron holding on to his shoulder. Both teams have a bit of a strategy session in their corners and then Tully comes back out to the center of the ring and demands that Keirn tag in Stan Lane. Keirn wants to stay in but Tully continues to goad Stan Lane who tells Keirn to tag him in. Stan Lane comes in and Tully tries to rush him but gets caught by one of Lane's karate kicks! Tully rolls back into his corner and tries to sucker Stan Lane into coming in after him but Stan holds the center of the ring and calls Tully back into it. Tully calls for a test of strength and tries to kick Stan Lane in the stomach when Stan puts his hands up but Lane is too fast and he catches Tully's foot! Tully hops around on one foot begging for forgiveness but all he gets is Stan Lane's fist in his face! Tully begs off into a neutral corner and tries a second time to catch Lane with a kick as Lane comes in after him but Stan once again catches the foot and pulls Tully out into the middle of the ring with Tully crashing down on the back of his head. Lane keeps a hold of Tully's foot and pulls him over to the corner and makes the tag to Steve Keirn who comes in and drops an elbow on Tully's outstretched leg. Stan & Steve keep switching in and out holding onto Tully's knee and dropping elbows on it until the referee starts to object which allows Tully to slip away from them. Tully makes it back to his corner and tags in David Von Erich.

David & Stan Lane lock up in the middle of the ring and David ends up with arm wringer on Lane and then David drops an elbow in one Lane's shoulder. David grabs an armbar on Stan Lane but Lane pulls him off and ends up whipping David into a neutral corner. Lane charges in with a clothesline and then whips David across the ring into the other neutral corner and tries for another but this time David dodges out of the way and Lane goes crashing shoulder first into the turnbuckles. David grabs the arm bar bag on Lane and pulls him over into the corner to make the tag to Tully Blanchard. Tully & David keep switching off on the arm bar while the other drives an elbow into the shoulder of Stan Lane. David comes back in and puts a modified Claw onto the shoulder of Stan Lane who has to keep fighting to keep his shoulders off the mat as Jack Howe starts the 3 count every time they are both down. Steve Keirn rushes in and blasts David Von Erich with a punch but it doesn't cause David to break the Claw and as the referee is getting Keirn back to his corner, Tully & David make an illegal switch. Tully holds onto Lane's arm as he tries to make it back his feet with the energy of the crowd behind him. Lane grabs Tully up and hits a one armed bodyslam to break the hold as the crowd goes nuts! Stan Lane desperately tries to crawl to his corner but Tully makes the tag first and David Von Erich rushes in and cuts off Lane's tag. David whips Stan Lane into the ropes and tries to catch him with a high knee but Lane holds onto the ropes and dodges out of the way which causes David to awkwardly crash into ropes and get tangled up. Stan Lane and DVE both make their way to the corners for a tag and Stan Lane makes it first with David tagging in Tully a second later.

The crowd explodes as Steve Keirn comes into the ring a house of fire! Steve Keirn starts unloading with right hands on Tully and then David once he tries to come in and cut Steve off! Stan comes back in also and Stan and David end up fighting outside of the ring with referee Jack Howe focusing his attention on them. Steve Keirn whips Tully into the ropes and hits the Flying Forearm! Keirn makes the cover but the referee is still distracted by DVE & Stan Lane fighting outside the ring.

Suddenly a female fan hops over the barricade and sprays something into the face of Steve Keirn! Keirn rolls around the mat in pain as the woman is surrounded by police. The referee turns around to see Keirn rolling around the mat in pain and then Tully pulls him into a cover and holds him down for the count of 3! Tully quickly rolls out of the ring and grabs the Southwest Tag Team Titles & his Southwest Heavyweight Title and starts heading back to the locker room with David following close behind! Stan Lane is in the ring checking on Steve Keirn, completely clueless as to what just happened.

Winners and STILL the AWA Southwest Tag Team Champions: The Texas Dynasty in 19:29

Before the introductions begin the ring announcer explains the rules of the match. There are no count outs, no disqualifications, no pin falls or submissions, there is not even a referee at ringside for the match. The match will continue until one man is so incapacitated that he can only be moved from ringside on a stretcher.

Mongolian Stretcher Match: Bob Sweetan vs. Killer Khan - Bob Sweetan comes to the ring to a big response from the crowd. He stands in the ring as suddenly 'Death Rides a Horse' begins playing over the arena's speakers. The crowd starts to quiet as the intro continues to play and then Killer Khan makes his way thru the curtain as the lyrics start. Bob Sweetan watches with a cold stare as the Monster From Mongolia comes out pushing a stretcher in front of him with the 'Reserved for Bob Sweetan' sign on it. Killer Khan has a look of pure delight on his face as the crowd as he reaches ringside with the stretcher and points at Bob Sweetan, then holds his cast covered thumb into the air and points to the stretcher and laughs. Bob Sweetan's only reply is to keep his eyes locked on Khan and motion for him to get into the ring.

Killer Khan steps into the ring and Bob Sweetan never moves from his spot in the center of the ring. Killer Khan jaws at Bob Sweetan, one can only assume in Mongolian, while pointing at the stretcher. The bell rings and Killer Khan continues jawing and smiling at Bob Sweetan so Mr. Piledriver blasts him with a right hand. Bob Sweetan has his fists heavily taped up for this contest and he makes a lot of use of them as he just tees off on the big Monster from Mongolia who is staggering all around the ring. Killer Khan tries to head out through the ropes but Bob Sweetan kicks the middle rope up which crotches Killer Khan and then Sweetan pulls him back in and slams him down on the mat. Sweetan drops down on Killer Khan with a fistdrop and then hammers away on him while he's down on the mat. Killer Khan tries to roll away but Sweetan grabs him into a headlock and then starts pounding on him again with Khan in the headlock as the crowd goes crazy for Mr. Piledriver really taking it to Killer Khan. Killer Khan grabs Bob Sweetan and hoists him up into a big back suplex from being caught in the headlock position. Killer Khan gets up with a crazed look on his face and gives a war cry as jumps into the air for a knee drop but Bob Sweetan rolls out of the way and Khan comes crashing down on the mat! Killer Khan gets up hopping on one leg and Sweetan blasts him with a right hand that sends Khan down to the mat. Khan is successful in rolling out of the ring this time but Bob Sweetan is right behind him! Killer Khan thinks he's bought himself a bit of breathing room but he turns around into the right hand of Mr. Piledriver! Sweetan grabs Killer Khan's head and slams it into the steel guard rail and then bounces his head off the stretcher and Khan falls to the hard concrete floor! Bob Sweetan grabs the 'Reserved for Bob Sweetan' sign off of the stretcher and rips it up as the crowd goes wild!

Killer Khan tries to rush Bob Sweetan but Sweetan catches him coming in with a right hand and starts peppering him with jabs. Sweetan kicks Killer Khan in the stomach and gets ready hit the Piledriver right on the concrete floor but Killer Khan uses his legs to drive forward and slam Sweetan's back against the ring apron. Khan hits a big overhand chop on Sweetan and then whips him into the guardrail and the fans in the area scatter! Killer Khan raises his cast covered thumb in the air and shieks while he rushes forward for the death blow on Bob Sweetan but Sweetan lowers his shoulder as Khan comes in and flips Khan over the guardrail and onto the chairs! Bob Sweetan goes over the guardrail after him and slams one of the chairs down on Killer Khan's head as security and police start coming to the area to keep the fans from getting involved. Sweetan gets ready to slam Killer Khan into another row of chairs when Killer Khan sits down on the slam and starts biting the neck of Sweetan! Sweetan breaks away from Killer Khan and Khan charges at him sending both men flying back over the guardrail! Killer Khan is up first and he lays Sweetan back down with an overhead chop. Killer Khan is bleeding now but the blood seems to have put him in a wild rage as he is all over Bob Sweetan, kicking, biting and chopping him all over the ringside area. Khan grabs Sweetan by the back of the head and slams Mr. Piledriver's head into the steel ringpost! Bob Sweetan staggers back to his feet, his head now busted open and Killer Khan immediately starts biting on the cut!

Killer Khan picks Sweetan up and bodyslams him down on the concrete. Khan picks Sweetan up and slams him down hard on the concrete again right beside the stretcher. Killer Khan holds up his thumb and readies for the Death Blow on Bob Sweetan but Sweetan pushes the stretcher into Killer Khan as he is coming in and then blasts the Monster From Mongolia with a big right hand that puts Killer Khan down! Bob Sweetan grabs him as he's getting back up and Piledriver Killer Khan down on the concrete floor as the crowd erupts! Sweetan leans against the ring as he watched to see if Killer Khan is incapacitated but as Khan starts to stir, Sweetan grabs him and readies him for another Piledriver! Sweetan starts to pulls Khan up but Khan fights and backdrops Bob Sweetan down hard on the concrete floor! Killer Khan holds up his cast covered thumb and as Mr. Piledriver staggers back up, Khan nails him in the throat with the Death Blow! Sweetan goes down rolls partially under the ring apron. He starts back up on his feet and starts to spit blood out of his mouth as the crowd starts screaming in horror. Killer Khan rushes in and hits him again with another Death Blow and Sweetan falls back and starts spewing blood out of his mouth like a geyser as the bell rings and the match is called off! Killer Khan staggers back to the locker room as referees Jack Howe & Juan Reynosa come out to get Bob Sweetan on the stretcher.

Winner: Killer Khan in 17:48

The crowd is hushed as Bob Sweetan is put on the stretcher by referees Juan Reynosa & Jack Howe. Bob Sweetan is a bloody mess and the referee's shirts get stained red just by loading Bob onto the stretcher. Some of the fans give Mr. Piledriver a standing ovation while others look overcome with emotion as Bob Sweetan is rolled through the curtain on the stretcher, perhaps never to be seen in a wrestling ring again.

Awesome main events man, if nothing else, you've shown that Killer Khan is a mofo not to be messed with. Tully & David (*spit* :P) as your other top heels is great, and really makes the promotion out to be stronger than if you just looked at the roster man by man.

Thanks. My goal was never to have the strongest roster on paper, especially since for a long time the top two babyfaces in Southwest were Bob Sweetan & Scott Casey.

I still have some talented guys underneath that I think are getting overlooked though. There are a few guys on my roster who were still young and waiting for their first big break in 83 but had pretty much quit wrestling by 1985 so it never came.

Taped at The Junction in San Antonio, TX on 8/8

Southwest Championship Wrestling airing on Saturday 8/13 in local markets

-Show intro-

Steve Stack: Welcome to another edition of Southwest Championship Wrestling! This week we have another action packed hour for you but first I have to get to some big news in the area. This past Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena, Killer Khan was victorious over Mr. Piledriver, Bob Sweetan and sent him to the hospital. The initial reports are that Bob Sweetan suffered a crushed trachea from the cast covered thumb of Killer Khan and doctors are unsure if Sweetan will ever be able to wrestle again. We also saw a very controversial end to the AWA Southwest Tag Team Title match that we will talk about later in the show. There is one more big announcement, and it is that next week there will be a tournament to crown the first ever Southwest Television Champion! We'll talk about the 8 men in that tournament later on in the hour but right now we've got to take our first commercial break. Don't go away, when we come back we're going to hear from The Texas Dynasty who have Killer Khan with them today in The Junction!

-First Commercial Break-

DBAKk1n.jpg?1 rydivAZ.jpg?1 HjRidln.jpg?1

Steve Stack: Welcome back to -

Tully Blanchard: Save it Steve Stack! We don't need any introduction! If people don't know who the Texas Dynasty are by now then they must have been hiding under a rock! Before you start this interview I just want to remind everyone that I came out here a month ago and said that I was going to get rid of the old, tired & weak from Southwest Championship Wrestling! Well look around you now, Eric Embry, Rick McGraw, Lou Thesz, Scott Casey and now FINALLY Mr. T-Shirt is gone too! I did everything I said I was going to do and now all I hear is everyone crying about how their heroes are gone! Well what more of a role model do you need than what you see here? I am the Southwest Heavyweight Champion, David Von Erich and I are the Southwest Tag Team Champions and Killer Khan is the destroyer of anyone who is stupid enough to stand in our way!

Steve Stack: Now that you've had your moment of glory, I would like to ask you about what happened at the end of your match Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena. It looked like the Fabulous Ones were giving you two a lot of trouble and then suddenly a female fan came over the guardrail and sprayed something into the face of Steve Keirn. Do you have any connection to this woman?

David Von Erich: First of all, let me correct you about what happened Sunday night. There wasn't a female fan who jumped the rail what happened is that everyone's prayers were answered. Everyone here has been crying about how dark things have gotten in San Antonio, how everyone is sad and depressed after seeing their heroes have their careers destroyed at the hands of Killer Khan. So what happened is the clouds opened up and down from Heaven came a beautiful ray of Sunshine! And since everyone here at The Junction is sitting around with their long faces today, I'm going to have her come out here now!

-Sunshine walks out and puts her arm around David's waist-

wc7bmQD.jpg?1

Steve Stack: Now wait a minute, I'm familiar with Sunshine from Dallas and you two seem a little too friendly for the interactions I've seen between you in the past.

Sunshine: Are you jealous Steve Stack? What business is of yours how David and I came to be together? But if you MUST know, Jimmy Garvin decided to take off to Minnesota and I'm just not suited for the cold weather. I spent so long having to protect Jimmy from getting beat up by David Von Erich, that when Jimmy left I knew I wanted to upgrade to a real man. Someone who isn't going to have to hide behind me or have me fight his battles for him.

Steve Stack: That doesn't seem to match up with what we saw you do last Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena.

David Von Erich: Hey, she's already talked to you more than you deserve Steve Stack! You can try and put your eye balls back inside your head and conduct this interview like a professional. Now, how about you do your job and ask us about when The Fabulous Ones are going to get their next shot at our Southwest Tag Team Titles.

Steve Stack: Ok David, when will The -

David Von Erich: Never Steve Stack! We've already beat them twice in the middle of the ring, I pinned Steve Keirn and then Tully pinned him, there is nothing left to prove! We want some REAL competition this Sunday night!

Tully Blanchard: We're done wrestling The Fabulous Ones, they had their chance and they blew it! Those two pretty boys tried to come and take over Texas but they found out just who is running things around here! We are the most powerful combination that this state has ever seen and we are going to be here for DECADES to come. And that Steve Stack, is what a Dynasty is all about! Give us some competition for Sunday night! Bring them in from anywhere in the world! Give us The Wild Bills, give us The Road Warriors, give us anybody, anybody BUT The Fabulous Ones!

-The Texas Dynasty, Killer Khan and Sunshine leave the interview area

Steve Stack: Fans I think Tully told the truth about one thing, we are going to be seeing the Texas Dynasty for a long time. But right now let's go down to the ring where we'll get out first look here on TV at the young up and coming Eddie Gilbert!

Eddie Gilbert vs. T.G. Stone -

T.G. Stone uses cheap tactics like choking, eye gouging and closed fists to get an early advantage on Eddie Gilbert but eventually Eddie fights fire with fire and comes back with some right hands of his own to T.G. Stone! Eddie goes to whip T.G. Stone into the ropes but T.G. reverses it and then drops his head down for a back body drop but Eddie vaults over him and hits a sunset flip for the count of 3 and the win!

Steve Stack: An impressive TV debut here for Eddie Gilbert who also had an impressive win last Sunday night against The Turk, Ali Bey! Stay with us because when we come back we are going to talk to The Blonde Bombers, Eddy Mansfield & Buddy Roberts about their match last Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena.

-Second Commercial Break-

y4jTumZ.jpg?1 LML5xSs.png?1

Steve Stack: We're back here on Southwest Championship Wrestling and I have with me now the newly formed team of The Blonde Bombers, Eddy Mansfield & Buddy Roberts! Last Sunday night we saw you two defeat Roy Lee Welch in what was essentially a handicap match after he was abandoned by Terry Adonis. He has challenged you to another tag match this Sunday night with assurances that this time his cousin WILL be at the HemisFair Arena.

Eddy Mansfield: Is it our fault that no one wants to team with that punk Roy Lee Welch? It's not my fault that Terry Adonis walked out on him when he saw us beating his brains out!

Buddy Roberts: Steve Stack I know his family, I know all about the Welchs and The Fullers! And I can tell you right now that none of them are going to come down here to Texas to help him! The reason he had to leave Alabama is because they got sick of having the runt of the litter around and kicked him out!

Eddy Mansfield: We'll make you an offer right now Roy Lee Welch, when your cousin leaves you high and dry again this Sunday night, we'll let you forfeit the match and save you another beating. As long as you leave Texas and never come back! Go back to Alabama and ask you family why they abandoned you in Texas to have your career ended at the hands of The Blonde Bombers! Because if you show up Sunday night and get into the ring against us 2 on 1 again that's exactly what is going to happen!

Steve Stack: Those are some very strong words from The Blonde Bombers! Let's go now to the ring to see them in action against the team of The Masked Wildfire & Juan Reynosa.

Juan Reynosa & The Masked Wildfire vs. The Blonde Bombers -

Eddy Mansfield starts the match against the 6'2 Masked Wildfire from Hendersonville, TN. Despite The Wildfire's size advantage he gets dominated by Mansfield & Roberts who get him in their corner and make quick tags to keep double teaming him. Eddy Mansfield holds The Masked Wildfire from outside the ring and Roberts goes to hit him but Wildfire moves out of the way and Roberts hits Mansfield instead! Wildfire manages to make it to the corner for a tag to Juan Reynosa but Roberts cuts him off with a rake to the eyes and then shortly after that he puts him away with The Swinging Neckbreaker. Eddy Mansfield looks a little angry at Buddy after the match but after the referee raises his hand he and Buddy celebrate together by talking trash to the fans.

Steve Stack: Another impressive victory by The Blonde Bombers here on Southwest Championship Wrestling! Before we go to a break, Roy Lee Welch asked if he could have a quick word.

Roy Lee Welch: I heard The Bombers out here saying some stuff about me and my family and I want the people to know that my cousin Robert Fuller was supposed to be at the HemisFair Arena last Sunday night to be my partner but his flight was cancelled at the last minute. He didn't abandon me and I wasn't run off to Alabama by anyone. I came here to help my family name get known all over the wrestling world not just Alabama & Tennessee. And when Robert comes to town Sunday night, I can guarantee that you two are never going to forget the names Welch & Fuller!

Steve Stack: Well there you have it! It sounds like we're going to get our first look at Robert Fuller this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena! You won't want to miss it! And you won't want to miss any of the action we still have left on today's program so don't go away because we'll be right back with more Southwest Championship Wrestling!

-Third Commercial Break-

Steve Stack: Welcome back to Southwest Championship Wrestling! I wanted to take some time to talk about the Southwest Television Title tournament that will start right here next week with two big matches with El Gran Apollo facing off against Mike Masters and David Von Erich wrestling Jose Lothario in the first round of the tournament. I wanted to also talk about the other 4 competitors that we'll be seeing in the tournament but I'll have to try and do that later on because right now Steve Pardee has requested that he have some time to make a challenge.

MooRnze.jpg?1

Steve Pardee: Last Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena, I had a match with Stan 'The Man' Stasiak and he is one of the toughest men I have ever been in the ring with. But Steve Stack you know what happened in that match, Lord Alfred Hayes tripped me early on and then when I had Stan Stasiak ready for The Bulldog he jumped up on the ring apron. I admit it was a mistake for me to get distracted and go after him, but he had no business interfering in the match and jumping up there on the apron. All I want is a rematch this Sunday night against Stan 'The Man' Stasiak and this time with no Lord Alfred at ringside so we can settle one on one who is the better wrestler. Thank you for the time Steve Stack that's all I wanted to say.

-Steve Pardee leaves the interview area

Steve Stack: Well it seems like I might have a chance to talk about the rest of the -

-Lord Alfred Hayes comes shouting into the interview area

Lord Alfred: Wait just a minute Steven! What is this about? How dare you allow that young man to come out here and besmirch me that way, who is he to make any demands of me!? I'll have you know that I have a valid manager's license to stand ringside for every one Stan Stasiak's matches and that is exactly what I intend to do! I will not take orders from this nobody! And why should he be allowed to challenge Stan Stasiak to a rematch? What makes him qualified to ever step into the ring with a former WWF World Heavyweight Champion in the first place, much less a SECOND time? It's a farcical, preposterous, ridiculous, notion that a man with the credentials of Steve Pardee should be allowed to challenge my man Stan Stasiak! How many times has Steve Pardee been in the main event of Madison Square Garden? How many times has he been in the ring with Bruno Sammartino? This man is worth nothing, he has absolutely no value in the wrestling business and yet he presumes to come out here and make a challenge to my man AND with the demand that I not be allowed at ringside? No, this will not be allowed to stand. I will not be made a fool of in this way. There is a saying about wishing for things Steven Stack, are you familiar with it?

Steve Stack: Are you saying that Steve Pardee should be careful what he wishes for?

Lord Alfred: Why Steven you just might not be as ignorant as I thought. That IS what I am saying. Steve Pardee you want to step into the ring a second time with Stan 'The Man' Stasiak? You realize that I only told him to teach you a wrestling lesson last Sunday night, I did not instruct him to hurt you or injure you or end your career. But that is exactly what this man is capable of. And that is what he is going to do this Sunday night. You will rue the day you ever came out here and thought to speak as an equal to your betters. You will be erased from the wrestling business, forgotten and too insignifcant to even be considered a footnote. This is what you wished for and it is what you shall receive at the HemisFair Arena. Cheers.

-Lord Alfred Hayes leaves the interview area in a huff

Steve Stack: Lord Alfred Hayes seemed on the verge of a meltdown! It looks like I won't have time to talk about the rest of the Television Title Tournament right now, we have to go to a commercial break but when we come back we will talk to Ken Lucas & Charlie Cook and also see the debut of a man coming here all the way from Iraq, Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie.

-Fourth Commercial Break-

IxlEswg.jpg CF5Q7vj.jpg?1

Steve Stack: With me now is a team that's been making their way up the ranks here in Southwest Championship Wrestling over the past month, Ken Lucas and Charlie Cook! You guys had a tough match with The Assassins this past Sunday night where you were unable to come away with the victory, are you looking for a rematch against The Assassins some time soon?

Charlie Cook: I think so Steve Stack. You know, I am sure that The Assassin #2 has something he is loading into that boot because no normal boot would put my lights out the way he did last Sunday night.

Steve Stack: Ken you've been here before and been a Southwest Tag Team Champion before, do you think you and Charlie Cook have the potential to reach the same heights that you and Ricky Morton did?

Ken Lucas: I'm positive that we could Steve. But I'm kind of in an awkward position today because I was asked earlier by Eddie Gilbert if I would team with him and take him under my wing. Eddie's father and I were a team for a long time in Tennessee and we won a lot of championships together and beat a lot great teams and I feel like it would only be right if I were to help his son achieve his first championship in professional wrestling.

Charlie Cook: Now hold on a minute. Are you out here dumping me as a partner for young some pup who looks like he's barely old enough to drive? You are going to drop me as a partner because I got pinned by The Assassins last Sunday night? I've been carrying you around on my back!

Ken Lucas: No, no Charlie it's not like that at all! I'm not dumping you as a partner, I'm asking you to step aside so I can help this young man get his start here in Texas.

Charlie Cook: Don't try and twist your words around, I know exactly what you're doing. You asked me to come here from Florida for the Southwest Tag Team Tournament, and you didn't even make sure we had a spot in it before we got all the way here! You think you're going to just humiliate me on TV like this? Well I've got some news for you

-Charlie Cook slaps Ken Lucas HARD across the face

Charlie Cook: Nobody is going to disrespect me like that! How is that for stepping aside as your partner!?

-Charlie Cook storms off of the interview set

Steve Stack: Let's go down to the ring now, we're already set for action let's let Ken Lucas compose himself and -

Ken Lucas: No Steve Stack! I don't need to compose myself! I'm not going to let any man come out here and slap me across the face like that! If Charlie Cook had a problem with me he should have handled it like a man. And now that's what I'm going to do. Charlie Cook you want to slap me around? Well let's see if you can do it in the ring this time! I'm challenging you to a match this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena!

JsxAT2R.jpg?1

Jimmy Doo vs. Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie -

Sheik Adnan fakes out Jimmy Doo on a handshake and then sucker punches him and dominates the whole match. Adnan maintains control with punches, kicks and choking as Jimmy Doo puts up the barest minimum of resistance. Sheik Adnan finishes off Jimmy Doo with a sleeper hold but drops him to the mat before the ref can finish checking his arm three times and instead pins Jimmy Doo by standing with one foot on his chest.

Steve Stack: An impressive debut by the Sheik from Iraq, Adnan Al-Kaissie. We will hear from him next week about just what has brought him to Southwest Championship Wrestling but right now I have with me Stan Lane and Steve Keirn, The Fabulous Ones!

Stan Lane: We're gonna make this short and sweet. Tully Blanchard & David Von Erich were out here earlier running their mouth about how we aren't going to get another shot at the Southwest Tag Team Titles. Well if that's what they want, that's fine but we have another challenge to them that we'd like to make.

Steve Keirn: You two boys think you're real tough but you need Killer Khan and now even a woman to help you fight your battles. Well we have somebody on his way to Texas right now to take care of your "Monster" Killer Khan.

Stan Lane: You guys are so confident in yourselves and your Monster from Mongolia, you shouldn't have a problem with facing us in a Six Man Tag this Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena. If you're all as bad as you say you are, this will give you the chance to sick Killer Khan on us and send us out of here like you did everyone else.

Steve Keirn: Let me leave you with this because we're almost out of time. Tully Blanchard you were out here playing a song last week and I just want to remind you of some of the lyrics of that song. "And also for you who have always won, the moment of truth comes." Accept our challenge and your moment of truth will come this Sunday night!

-Fifth Commercial Break-

BaDztba.jpg?1

Steve Stack:Right now I have with me Mike Masters and Tiny Anderson and Mike I hope this time you will not say anything offensive out here like last time.

Mike Masters: I didn't say anything offensive unless you find the truth offensive! But I don't feel like getting banned from being allowed on TV like you did to me last week so I won't talk about anyone having bean breath. Instead I want to talk about my associate's very disappointing performance last Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena. Tiny, you embarassed me! You let yourself get knocked out by an old out of shape bea- uh guy. That's why from now on I am going to being watching you like a hawk! You're supposed to be getting in shape, look at you! You're fatter now than when I met you! Are you cheating on the diet plan I gave you?

Tiny Anderson: No, never!

Mike Masters: Well start doing jumping jacks right now! I want you warmed up because I'm about to send you to the ring in my place. I'm supposed to fight Mike Jackson today but since he's never won a match here he is competition right up your alley. This is your chance to prove you belong in this sport, go out there and show off everything I've been teaching you the last few weeks!

Tiny Anderson: But I -

Mike Masters: Don't talk just walk! Get down there to the ring!

Tiny Anderson vs. Mike Jackson -

Tiny Jackson looks nervous to start and is immediately taken down by Mike Jackson after an arm drag. He gets back up only to eat another arm drag and Mike Jackson holds onto the arm to control him with an arm bar. Mike Masters comes down to ringside and starts shouting instructions at Tiny Anderson. Tiny Anderson manages to make the ropes for a break but misses a sucker punch and Jackson grabs the arm and puts the arm bar right back on again. Mike Masters distracts the referee which allows Tiny Anderson to break the arm bar with a rake to the eyes. Anderson picks Jackson up and body slams him but then misses and elbow drop as Jackson rolls out of the way. Tiny tries a second time and Jackson rolls away again. Mike Masters starts shouting at Tiny Anderson again and Anderson turns to look at Mike Masters which allows Mike Jackson to roll him up for the surprise pin and the 3 count! Mike Jackson celebrates as Mike Masters goes ballistic at ringside.

-Mike Masters jumps in the ring and starts berating Tiny Anderson before the camera goes back to Steve Stack

Steve Stack: Well ladies and gentleman we're almost out of time here on this edition of Southwest Championship Wrestling. Make sure to get your tickets for this Sunday night and -

-Tully Blanchard comes into the interview area

Tully Blanchard: That's right, get your tickets for the last time you'll ever see The Fabulous Ones at The HemisFair Arena! You two idiots weren't content to just walk away, you want to get carried out? You are two dumb enough to ask to get in the ring with Killer Khan after what he's done here over the last month? Well you're going to get your wish! I don't know who was stupid enough to agree to come to Texas and help you, but I can promise it is the worst career decision they ever made! Bob Sweetan was trying to get Andre the Giant to come help him with his battles and even Andre was too scared to get in the ring with Killer Khan! So whatever moron you two are planning to bring with you Sunday night doesn't scare me! His blood will be on your hands! You've got your 6 man tag match and next week Steve Stack is going to start the show with another announcement of Killer Khan ending more careers!

-Tully walks off

Steve Stack: I have no idea who The Fabulous Ones have found to be their partner but I know you aren't going to want to miss the monumental 6 man tag this Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena! It's going to be another huge night of action besides the 6 man tag you'll see Ken Lucas vs. Charlie Cook, El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario vs. The Assassins, Steve Pardee vs. Stan Stasiak, The Blonde Bombers vs. Roy Lee Welch and cousin Robert Fuller and much more! We'll see you Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena and right back here next week for more great Southwest Championship Wrestling action!

Cliffnotes version:
-The Texas Dynasty brag about Bob Sweetan having his career ended by Killer Khan
-Sunshine is revealed as the woman who helped The Texas Dynasty by spraying Steve Keirn with mace
-Tully says The Fabulous Ones aren't getting any more title shots
-Eddie Gilbert defeated T.G. Stone in his Southwest TV debut
-The Blonde Bombers talk trash about Roy Lee Welch's family abandoning him
-The Blonde Bombers squash Juan Reynosa & The Masked Wildfire
-Roy Lee Welch promises his cousin Robert Fuller will be at The HemisFair Arena this time
-Steve Stack announces the creation of the Southwest TV Title and the tournament will start next week
-Steve Pardee challenges Stan Stasiak to a rematch without Lord Alfred at ringside
-Lord Alfred has a meltdown and says Stan Stasiak is going to end Pardee's career
-Ken Lucas tells Charlie Cook he wants to end their team so he can take Eddie Gilbert under his wing; Charlie Cook slaps Ken Lucas and walks off
-Sheik Adnan debuted and squashed Jimmy Doo
-The Fabulous Ones say they've found someone to neutralize Killer Khan and challenge The Texas Dynasty & Killer Khan to a 6 man tag match this Sunday night
-Mike Masters berates Tiny Anderson and forces him to take Masters' place in a match against Mike Jackson
-Mike Jackson defeated Tiny Anderson
-Tully Blanchard accepts The Fabs' challenge for a 6 man tag and promises Killer Khan will end the career of whoever their mystery partner is

Scheduled for Sunday, August 14th at the HemisFair Arena in San Antonio, TX
The Texas Dynasty & Killer Khan vs. The Fabulous Ones & a mystery partner

Ken Lucas vs. Charlie Cook

El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario vs. The Assassins

Stan Stasiak vs. Steve Pardee

Eddy Mansfield & Buddy Roberts vs. Roy Lee Welch & Robert Fuller

Mike Masters vs. Mike Jackson

Jimmy Doo & Masked Wildfire vs. Terry Adonis & T.G. Stone

Eddie Gilbert vs. Juan Reynosa

I guess with Gilbert coming in, it doesn't really matter that Killer Khan is demolishing Southwest's biggest stars and sending them away forever.

Very curious to see what becomes of the Welch/Fuller partnership. And who the Fabulous One's partner is.

Sunshine as the proto-Baby Doll is great too.

Southwest Championship Wrestling @ San Antonio, TX - The HemisFair Arena 8/14/83

Eddie Gilbert vs. Juan Reynosa - Eddie Gilbert won in 6:22 after a dropkick off the top rope.

Jimmy Doo & Masked Wildfire vs. Terry Adonis & T.G. Stone - Terry Adonis and T.G. Stone won in 5:18 after Terry Adonis knocked out The Masked Wildfire with a foreign object he pulled out of his trunks.

Mike Masters vs. Mike Jackson - Mike Masters offers a handshake at the start of the match but Mike Jackson doesn't trust him. Mike Masters gets ticked off and shouts at the crowd for telling Mike Jackson not to shake his hand. Masters continues to offer a handshake but Jackson is still tentative and looking to the crowd so Masters just cheap shots him while his head is turned. Masters starts beating and pounding on Jackson and whips him into the corner and charges in after him but Jackson uses the momentum to vault into the air and catches his legs around Masters' shoulders and rolls him into a pin for a 2 count that was very close to a 3. Masters gets up and argues with the referee about a fast count and Mike Jackson comes behind and rolls him up for another 2 count. Masters rolls out of the ring and starts having a fit, pounding on the apron and shouting at the referee about his fast counts. Masters gets up on the apron and tells the referee to get Jackson back. Masters again tries for the handshake, professing his innocence and apologizing for the cheap shot last time. Jackson doesn't want any part of a handshake so Masters instead calls for a test of strength. Jackson foolishly goes for it and quickly gets forced down to his knees by the power of Mike Masters. The crowd try and cheer Jackson on but Masters pulls Jackson back up and then boots him in the stomach and takes him over with a hard vertical suplex. Masters goes for the cover but Jackson kicks out at the count of 2. Masters puts a headlock on Mike Jackson and then turns him around where the referee is out of position and nails him with a right hand that puts Jackson on the canvas. Mike Masters starts to pose and talk trash to the crowd with his back turned to Mike Jackson. When Masters turns back around he gets hit with a big dropkick from Mike Jackson! Masters gets back up and charges at Jackson only to get taken down by an armdrag. Masters gets back up and immediately gets taken back down by a dropkick. Jackson goes for a second dropkick as Masters gets up again but this time Masters dodges and swats Jackson down. Mike Jackson gets back up but Masters is behind him and grabs him into the Full Nelson. Jackson tries to escape but Masters has the hold totally cinched in and Jackson has no choice but to submit. Masters refuses to break the hold for a good 10 seconds after the bell is rung and the crowd boos him as he struts around the ring, flexing and preening to the disapproval of the HemisFair crowd.

Winner: Mike Masters by submission with a Full Nelson in 7:01

The Blonde Bombers come out first and get on the mic talking trash about Roy Lee Welch. They say they heard that Roy Lee Welch was abandoned by his cousin again and offer to let him forfeit the match without taking a beating if he comes out to the ring and kisses both their feet. Their cockiness and bravado seems to disappear however once Roy Lee Welch comes out with his 6'5, 240 lb cousin Robert Fuller!

The Blond Bombers (Eddy Mansfield & Buddy Roberts) vs. Roy Lee Welch & Robert Fuller - Buddy Roberts & Eddy Mansfield bump and stooge for the early part of the match with both Welch & Fuller taking turns getting their licks in. Eventually Buddy Roberts is able to take the advantage on Roy Lee Welch after Eddy Mansfield runs in and cheapshots Welch from behind while Welch had Roberts in a headlock. Fuller tries to come in and get revenge but the referee holds him back which allows The Bombers to double team Roy. They work over Roy Lee Welch and try to pin him multiple times but Welch won't stay down. Eventually Eddy Mansfield holds Roy Lee Welch for Roberts to hit a double axehandle off the middle rope but Welch manages to break free at the last second which causes Mansfield to get hit instead. Welch makes it the corner and tag in Robert Fuller who comes in a house of fire and unloads with right hands on both the Blonde Bombers. Welch comes back in and fights with Buddy in the corner while Robert Fuller picks up Eddy Mansfield and hits a Piledriver and covers him for the win.

Winners: Roy Lee Welch & Robert Fuller in 11:22 after a Piledriver by Robert Fuller on Eddy Mansfield

Stan Stasiak vs. Steve Pardee - Steve Pardee gets distracted at the outset of the match arguing with Lord Alfred Hayes and telling him to go back to the locker room allowing Stan Stasiak to attack him from behind. Stasiak works him over for a bit until Steve Pardee is able to catch Stasiak coming in with a clothesline and turn it into a drop toehold. Steve Pardee quickly rolls over and grabs a headlock on Stasiak while he's down on the mat. Stasiak rolls Pardee over onto his shoulders a few times using Steve's tights as leverage with Pardee able to get his shoulder up on the count of 2. On the last attempt the referee sees it and flips Pardee back over. Lord Alfred jumps up on the apron and begins shouting at the referee for his actions. Pardee doesn't let himself make the same mistake as last week by going after Lord Alfred, but Stasiak uses the referee's distraction to his advantage by going at Pardee's eyes. Stasiak takes control again and starts working on the arm of Steve Pardee. Pardee is able to reverse out of a Stasiak wristlock into one of his own but Stasiak grabs Pardee's hair to pull him down to the mat and break out of it. Stan Stasiak goes for a bodyslam but Steve Pardee reverses it into a bodyslam for the count of 2. Lord Alfred jumps up onto the ring apron to complain about Steve Pardee pulling tights which causes the ref to go over and argue with him to get down. Pardee is momentarily distracted and Stasiak tries to take advantage of it by whipping Pardee into the ropes but Pardee reverses and sends Stasiak crashing into Lord Alfred who was still on the apron! Stasiak staggers backwards into a crucifix pin for the count of 3! Lord Alfred Hayes is beside himself after the match and starts shouting at the referee & Stan Stasiak as Pardee makes his way back to the locker room.

Winner: Steve Pardee in 8:57 via a crucifix pin

El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario vs. The Assassins - This was an evenly fought match with neither team able to gain an advantage for very long. The match totally breaks down at the end with all 4 guys in the ring brawling. El Gran Apollo pins Assassin #2 after a Top Rope Crossbody although Assassin #1 was actually the legal man.

Winners: El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario in 12:17 after El Gran Apollo pinned the non-legal Assassin with a Top Rope Crossbody

Ken Lucas vs. Charlie Cook - This match started out wild with both guys going right at each other with fists flying. Eventually Charlie Cook used his size and strength advantage to take control and started tossing Lucas around with bodyslams and then dropping him throat first across the top rope. Charlie Cook almost made Ken Lucas submit to a bearhug but Ken Lucas was able to fight out of it but Cook quickly regained control with a clothesline that put Lucas on the mat. Charlie Cook set up for a football tackle but Ken Lucas was able to vault over Cook and take him down with a sunset flip for the upset win! After the match Charlie Cook feigned a handshake but instead punched Ken Lucas in the mouth and threw him over the top rope!

Winner: Ken Lucas in 9:32 after a sunset flip

The Texas Dynasty & Killer Khan come out first with Sunshine holding both the Southwest Tag Team Titles. The Fabulous Ones come out next and Tully gets on the mic and starts trash talking them. Tully says he knew they didn't really have a partner. He says if Andre the Giant didn't have the guts to fight Killer Khan then there was no way The Fabs could find a partner. The Fabs turn back to the locker room entrance where suddenly 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan appears! The crowd starts to cheer as Duggan makes his way down to ringside. The Fabs & Duggan look at each other and nod and then rush the ring! It quickly becomes a 3 on 3 brawl with The Texas Dynasty & Killer Khan on the losing end! The Dynasty & Killer Khan bail out while The Fabs & Duggan stand tall in the middle of the ring with the crowd in the HemisFair Arena going wild!

The Texas Dynasty & Killer Khan vs. Jim Duggan & The Fabulous Ones - Killer Khan starts the match against Jim Duggan but winds up getting more than he can handle from the 'Hacksaw' as Duggan blocks his opening chop and responds with a right hand that puts the Monster from Mongolia down on the mat! Tully & David start going balistic outside the ring, telling the referee to disqualify Duggan for a closed fist. Killer Khan tries another chop only to meet the same result! David & Tully both run into the ring to try and cheapshot Duggan but end up eating punches from Duggan and all 3 men roll out of the ring to try and regroup. Duggan goes over to his corner and he and The Fabs mock The Texas Dynasty & Killer Khan much to the delight of the crowd. Sunshine gets on the apron and distracts Duggan which allows Killer Khan to attack him from behind! This advantage is very short lived however as Duggan quickly comes back with rights and lefts that send the big Killer Khan scurrying to his corner! Tully tags himself in and starts talking trash to Duggan, telling him to tag out to one of The Fabs. Duggan mocks Tully for a bit before finally deciding to tag out to Steve Keirn. Steve Keirn wants to lock up with Tully in the middle of the ring but Tully keeps trying to goad him into The Dynasty's corner. Keirn won't go for it however which causes Tully to have a fit. He charges at Steve Keirn only to get taken down by an armdrag and then a big right hand once he scrambles back up! Tully scoots backwards on his butt back to his own corner and David Von Erich tags in. He calls for Stan Lane so Keirn makes the tag to his Fabs partner. Lane comes in and quickly gets the better of David and sends him down with a karate kick! David rolls out of the ring where he, Tully & Sunshine have a quick huddle up. They seem to decide on a plan and Tully gets back on the apron and is seen whispering in the ear of Killer Khan. David breaks the count and stalls a bit more while Tully talks to Khan and then he gets back into the ring and tags in Tully. Tully comes in and tries to play peacemaker, offering a handshake to Stan Lane. Stan wants none of it and keeps charging forward but Tully is circling and dodging him until he gets Stan Lane into a position where his back is turned and immediately Killer Khan & David Von Erich run in and attack Lane from behind!

Duggan & Keirn run in to even the odds and another 3 on 3 brawl breaks out! Duggan pairs off with Killer Khan while Stan Lane takes Tully & Keirn takes David Von Erich. Duggan & The Fabs get the better of the brawl and all 3 of them toss their man out of the ring! The Fabs & Duggan stand in the middle of the ring and ignore the referee as he tries to restore order! They call for The Dynasty & Khan to get back in the ring! Once Khan, Tully & David get back in the ring, things once again go against them and they lose their third 3 on 3 brawl against Duggan & The Fabs! They bail out of the ring again and this time Tully has had enough! He motions for Sunshine to follow him as The Dynasty & Killer Khan walk out of the match! Duggan & The Fabs try to goad them back in but Tully isn't having any of it and The Texas Dynasty & Killer khan head back to the locker room and take a countout!

Winners: The Fabulous Ones & Jim Duggan via countout in 10:26

Ah well, back to the drawing board for Alfred again. Fuller shows up and makes those damn Bombers pay! I'm pretty sure the Assassins are going to protest their loss and Cook is going to call his match a win. And you know, that Tully is gonna have the crowd begging for the Fabs to kick his ass by the time things are said and done.

Steve Stack: Welcome to another edition of Southwest Championship Wrestling! We've got another action packed hour planned for today but before we get to the action, I have some exciting news about what's going on in the area. Last Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena we saw The Fabulous Ones even up the odds against The Texas Dynasty & Killer Khan by bringing in the 6'3, 275 pound 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan! We also saw El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario defeat The Assassins which has earned them a shot at the Southwest Tag Team Titles this Sunday night against The Texas Dynasty! We'll talk more about these developments and see the start of the Southwest Television Title tournament so don't go away because we'll be right back!

-First commercial break-

hqdefault.jpg

Steve Stack: We're back on Southwest Championship Wrestling and I have with me now the team of The Assassins who demanded time on today's show to address their loss to El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario last Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena.

Assassin #1: Steve Stack I don't appreciate you coming out here and telling lies about us. Just because we had to suffer from an incompetent referee like Juan Reynosa not being able to keep track of who was supposed to be in the ring does not mean that we lost the match. How is it possible that El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario won the match by pinning my partner who wasn't even the legal man? And now because of this we are robbed of our chance to face The Texas Dynasty for the Southwest Tag Team Titles. It is my opinion that this is just a conspiracy by Southwest and Stanley Blackburn to keep us away from the Southwest Tag Team Titles because they did not forget what I said here a few weeks ago about how we will make sure we're the highest paid Southwest Tag Team Champions ever. I know that the promoters want to run us out of this area but The Assassins do not run. I can promise you that we are not going to take this situation lightly and we WILL be getting our shot at those Southwest Tag Team Titles sooner rather than later. That's all I have to say Steve Stack so don't bother trying to ask me any of your assinine questions.

-The Assassins leave the interview area

Steve Stack: Well fans you just heard from a rather angry team of Assassins but now let's send it down to the ring for our first match of the day here on Southwest Championship Wrestling, Tiny Anderson with Mike Masters in his corner facing off against The Masked Wildfire!

FD7xy62.jpg?1

Tiny Anderson vs. The Masked Wildfire -

Tiny Anderson & The Masked Wildfire lockup and Wildfire uses his height & leverage advantage to grab a headlock on Tiny Anderson. Anderson starts trying to break out of it with some forearms to the back so Wildfire swings him over and down to the mat with headlock takeover. Anderson uses Wildfire's tights to roll him over onto his shoulders but Wildfire gets back over before the count of 3. Wildfire pulls Anderson back up to his feet and really starts cranking down on the headlock. Anderson uses his weight and low center of gravity to push his way into the ropes to force a break. Wildfire allows a clean break but Anderson gets in a quick cheapshot to the throat while he's doing so and then tosses Wildfire out through the ropes. While the referee is admonishing Tiny Anderson, Mike Masters picks up Wildfire and slams him down on the hard floor of The Junction and then rolls him back in. Tiny Anderson hits the ropes and then comes down with a big splash on The Masked Wildfire for the 3 count!

JjawfbU.jpg?1 Yt54lC5.jpg?1

Steve Stack: Well that's not exactly the most impressive win I've ever seen, but it was a win by Tiny Anderson. Now before we go to commercial break I've got with me now the team who were victorious in last Sunday night's main event at the HemisFair Arena, 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan and The Fabulous Ones! Stan & Steve how did it feel to finally get a bit of revenge against The Texas Dynasty for what they've done to you over the past few weeks?

Stan Lane: It felt great Steve Stack, the only problem is that Tully & David are still running scared and refusing to defend the Southwest Tag Team Titles against us. But we have surprise for them. Since they were too cowardly to give us a shot at their titles, Stanley Blackburn has given us a very special consolation prize. In two weeks the AWA World Tag Team Champions are going to be coming into the area and instead of the usual protocol of facing the Southwest Tag Team Champions, they will be defending their World Titles against US!

Steve Stack: Wow! That's a huge announcement! So in two weeks at the HemisFair Arena you will be facing the AWA World Tag Team Champions, Billy Jack & Bill Irwin, The Wild Bills?

Steve Keirn: That's right Steve and everyone around here knows what The Wild Bills did to us a few weeks ago and we can't wait to get our revenge not just by beating their brains in but by taking the AWA World Tag Team Titles away from them. And then maybe once we have the World Tag Team Titles, Tully & David will find their courage to get in the ring with us again.

Steve Stack: We're almost out of time but I want to get a quick word from the newcomer to the area, 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan before we go to break. Duggan I know you must have heard a lot about what Killer Khan has been doing in the area over the past month, what made you decide to come to Southwest Championship Wrestling and take him on?

Jim Duggan: I have heard a lot of hot air being blown about this Monster from Mongolia being the roughest toughest guy in professional wrestling and how everyone was supposed to be running scared from Killer Khan. Well brother you're looking at the roughest and toughest man in professional wrestling right here! And I don't run from nobody! I wasn't too impressed by what I saw last Sunday night so I want another look up close! I'm challenging him to any kind of match in the world this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena to see if he's really as tough as everyone says. Maybe without a wimp like Tully Blanchard dragging him down he won't feel the need to run away from the fight!

Steve Stack: Fans we've got to go to a commercial break but don't go anywhere! We'll hear from Tully Blanchard later in the hour to see if he has any response to the challenge to Killer Khan but right when we come back we'll take a look at some important footage of what happened in the locker room of the HemisFair Arena last Sunday night!

-Second commercial break-

yDLv3pO.jpg?1 hc5IzrH.jpg?1

Steve Stack: We're back on Southwest Championship Wrestling and I have with me now Roy Lee Welch! Roy we saw you and your cousin Robert Fuller victorious last Sunday night against The Blonde Bombers after there was some questions over whether he would actually be in San Antonio for the match.

Roy Lee Welch: There were never any questions from me Steve, I know that if was within Robert's power to make it to San Antonio two weeks ago then he would have been here. But you were backstage at the HemisFair Arena to talk to Robert about that because he couldn't be here on TV today, so let's go ahead and hear from my cousin himself.

Steve Stack: Let's go ahead and play that video now, and there is something else that was happening in the locker room at the same time I was conducting this interview and we'll show the scene we found when we managed to get our camera over to the other side of the building to see what was going on.

-Video plays from the locker room of The HemisFair Arena with Roy Lee Welch & Robert Fuller after their match against The Blonde Bombers.

Steve Stack: Congratulations on your win tonight against The Blonde Bombers! Robert Fuller we heard a lot of talk from Buddy Roberts & Eddy Mansfield about your family last week and why you didn't make it to San Antonio for the match last week.

Robert Fuller: I know everyone wants to know where I was last week and why I didn't show up to back up my cousin Roy. I don't own the airlines and I don't have a private plane so if I get to the airport and find out my flight is cancelled there's no way I can drive from Alabama to Texas in 3 hours no matter how fast I drive. Roy knows if there was any way I could have been here for him then I would have been because my family is the most important thing in the world to me.

Steve Stack: Now Roy we know that you have a rather extensive family in the wrestling business, is there any reason you asked Robert to come and help you instead of your other family members?

Roy Lee Welch: Well to be honest Steve Stack, I heard that Robert had come back into the Southeastern area and started teaming with our cousin Jimmy again and I didn't want Robert around that kind of bad influence. I know Robert has a good heart but sometimes he can get persuaded to do the wrong things when he's around the wrong kind of people.

Robert Fuller: Ohh there ain't nothing to worry about with me and our cousin Jimmy Golden. I know you and Jimmy had some problems before but that should all be water under the bridge by now.

Steve Stack: Do you have any plans to stay in this area and maybe form a full time tag team with your cousin Roy?

Robert Fuller: Well that all depends on next week. Roy told me he wanted me to come back here next Sunday night and wrestle with him again and he didn't tell me who our opponents are but I can only guess that we are going to be facing the Southwest Tag Team Champions, The Texas Dynasty. If he and I are successful in taking those belts then -

Suddenly referee Jack Howe comes bursting into the locker room screaming for towels and for the doctor in the locker room to follow him to the other dressing room.

Steve Stack: Guys I'm sorry to cut this interview short but I've got to get to the other side of the building now and see what's going on over there!

The video cuts out for a second and then comes back in the other dressing room with Buddy Roberts laid out on the floor covered in blood and Eddy Mansfield being pulled off of him by Ali Bey, T.G. Stone, Mike Masters & Tiny Anderson.

Steve Stack: What in the world has happened here!? Eddy Mansfield, are you the one who is responsible for this!?

Eddy Mansfield: You're darn right I am! I'm sick of incompetent partners like Buddy Roberts & Roy Lee Welch always screwing up and hitting me by mistake! Well this wasn't any mistake! Buddy Roberts is finished, he's done and so am I. I'm finished teaming with losers, I'm done teaming up with anyone at all! I'm in the Southwest TV Title tournament and I'm going to win it and Buddy Roberts is going to the hospital!

Referee Jack Howe: Please we need to get everyone out here! Buddy Roberts is hurt badly and we're gonna need to clear the area so the EMTs can get to him and get him out here! Cut that camera off and move out!

The video from the HemisFair Arena locker room stops playing and the shot goes back to Steve Stack & Roy Lee Welch at The Junction

Steve Stack: That was a disturbing scene to walk into let me tell you folks. Buddy Roberts blood was all over the place and Eddy Mansfield looked like a man possessed. Roy, you've got a match against him right here on TV next week in the Southwest TV Title Tournament but before that you've got another match this Sunday night with your cousin Robert Fuller. Robert was talking about facing The Texas Dynasty for the Southwest Tag Team Titles but they'll be defending them against Jose Lothario & El Gran Apollo instead. Do you still plan on teaming with Robert this Sunday?

Roy Lee Welch: I do Steve. I tried to get Stanley Blackburn to give us a shot at the Southwest Tag Team Titles but he said there were other teams in line ahead of us and that Lothario & Apollo were going to get the shot this Sunday night. So instead of us facing The Texas Dynasty, I asked Stanley Blackburn to give us a match against Terry Adonis & T.G. Stone so I can get my revenge on Terry Adonis for abandoning me two weeks ago in our match against The Blonde Bombers.

-Roy Lee Welch leaves the interview area and Steve Pardee comes in

Steve Stack: Well I wish you the best of luck Sunday night and next week against Eddy Mansfield! Now I'd like to bring in a man who was victorious last Sunday night in his ongoing battle against Lord Alfred and his men, Steve Pardee!

Steve Pardee: Steve I'm not one to come out here and do a lot of talking, I like to do my talking in the ring. But I want to make the same challenge I made last week. I did defeat Stan Stasiak last week but I'm not happy with the way that match ended. Stan Stasiak crashed into Lord Alfred Hayes right before I pinned him and I want a rematch where there won't be any doubts about who is the better man. I want one more match with Stasiak and this time I think he'll agree that it's better for Lord Alfred Hayes NOT to be at ringside. Thank you Steve Stack.

Steve Stack:We have to take another time out for our sponsors but when we come back we'll hear from The Texas Dynasty, Tully Blanchard & David Von Erich and we'll see the first match in the Southwest TV Title Tournament: El Gran Apollo vs. Mike Masters!

-Third commercial break-

DBAKk1n.jpg?1rydivAZ.jpg?1HjRidln.jpg?1

Tully Blanchard: We don't need an introduction Steve Stack, so save it! I can't believe what I heard out here earlier! The Fabulous Ones are going to get a shot at the AWA World Tag Team Champions?! We're the number one contenders, we have these belts and that means we're the best tag team in this area! I'm not going to stand for this kind of disrespect, if I'm not going to be treated the way I deserve then you're not going to see me on this TV screen and you're not going to see me in the arenas in Texas! I have one more contractual obligation to fulfill and then I'm going to take this Southwest Title and I'm leaving the area to defend it all over the country, all over the world! And then when I come back to Texas, after The Fabulous Ones have FAILED to win the World Tag Team Titles while I've been all over the place SUCCESSFULLY defending this belt, maybe then Stanley Blackburn will give me what rightfully belongs to me, not just a shot at the World Tag Team Titles, but a match against the AWA World Champion himself, Hulk Hogan!

David Von Erich: And when Tully comes back there is only going to be more gold added to the collection of The Texas Dynasty because right here on TV today I am going to take the first step into becoming the first ever Southwest Television Champion. I know all about Jose Lothario, he's a legend in this state. I grew up watching Jose in my home city of Dallas and at a time he was even somewhat of a hero to me. But that was a long time ago, and it's time for the old to make way for the NEW legends of Texas, David Von Erich and Tully Blanchard!

Steve Stack: Now Tully I know you heard the challenge made by Jim Duggan earlier to Killer Khan, do you have any response to that challenge?

Tully Blanchard: Of course I do Steve Stack! This big idiot thinks he's going to come into Texas and call himself the roughest & toughest man in professional wrestling? Well his stay here is going to last less than 2 weeks! You say you don't run from anything Jim Duggan? Well I have the perfect match to put that idea to the test. Because I just got off the phone with Stanley Blackburn and I got him to agree to make a match between you and Killer Khan where there are no countouts. No disqualifcations. No pinfalls. And no submissions. For the first time EVER in professional wrestling you are going to face Killer Khan in a Coward's Way Out match! This isn't a match to be won, it's a match to be LOST and the only way to do that is to take so much of a beating that you have no recourse left but to RUN!

Steve Stack: Wait a minute, are you saying that the way to win the Coward's Way Out match is to make your opponent run away?

Tully Blanchard: That's right Steve Stack! Do you think Killer Khan is going to run from any man on this planet!? This man would stare down an army! I hope everyone here enjoyed their brief look at Jim Duggan because this is the only time he's ever going to be on this TV show and this Sunday night is the last time he ever sets foot in the HemisFair Arena! Oh, and Steve Stack you have one more announcement that you need to make. While I was on the phone with Stanley Blackburn I told him about the perfectly valid complaints The Assassins made and told Mr. Blackburn that since I wouldn't be around for a few weeks to defend the Southwest Tag Team Titles against the only team in this area who deserves a shot, that he should force The Fabulous Ones to put their World Tag Team Title shot on the line against The Assassins this Sunday night, since he refused to give David & I that same opportunity. And Blackburn agreed so Stan and Steve, you boys better just keep waiting on your chance to face The Wild Bills because in two weeks that AWA World Tag Team Title shot will belong to The Assassins!

-The Texas Dynasty & Killer Khan leave the interview area

Steve Stack: Well that's quite a bombshell from Tully Blanchard! Not only will see the first ever Coward's Way Out match this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena, we'll also see The Fabulous Ones face off against The Assassins with the winner facing the AWA World Tag Team Champions! Now let's head down to the ring where we have our first in the Southwest TV Title tournament: El Gran Apollo vs. Mike Masters!

El Gran Apollo vs. Mike Masters - Southwest TV Title Tournament Match -

Mike Masters offers a handshake to start the match but El Gran Apollo isn't falling for it. Masters complains about Apollo not shaking his hand and offers it again only to have it slapped away by Apollo! Masters gets mad and swings at Apollo with a right hand but Apollo ducks it and comes back with a punch of his own that sends Masters down to the mat. Masters gets up and tries to grab Apollo but Apollo quickly goes behind him and takes Masters down to the mat. Apollo floats over and grabs a headlock and Masters quickly gets back up to his feet. Masters lifts Apollo up to try and hit a back suplex but Apollo manages to swing the momentum over and get a headlock takedown on Masters and roll over into an armbar on Masters. Masters gets into the ropes to cause a break and tries a wild cheapshot during the break but Apollo ducks it and winds up behind Masters to hit an atomic drop. Masters awkwardly stumbles around the ring from the atomic drop and then gets caught with a dropkick that sends him down to the mat and rolling out of the ring. Masters calls for a time out but the referee continues to count him out of the ring so Masters gets back in at the count of 9. Masters calls for a test of strength and Apollo takes him up on the offer. Masters gets the advantage and forces Apollo down to his knees but Apollo uses the crowd's support to start rallying and gets back up to his feet and is about to turn it over and gain the leverage when Masters kicks him in the stomach and then bodyslams him down. Masters grabs Apollo back up and bodyslams him again, doing this 4 more times in a row. On the 5th time that he picks up Apollo he snatches him into the Full Nelson! Apollo tries to fight his way to the ropes but Masters pulling him back in. Apollo looks to be passing out so the referee checks his arm twice and it falls but on the 3rd try he's able to keep his arm up! The crowd rallies behind Apollo as he makes one final effort to get to the ropes. Apollo is almost at the ropes when Masters pulls him back, but as Masters pulls him back Apollo is able to kick his feet off the ropes and push back with enough force that it causes Apollo to land on top of Masters with Masters' shoulders down on the mat. The referee makes the count of 3 and Apollo wins the match! Mike Masters is furious after the match and tries to attack El Gran Apollo but Apollo rolls out of the ring and celebrates in the aisle as the fans in the The Junction cheer the result.

Fourth commercial break

Steve Stack: Welcome back to Southwest Championship Wrestling! Standing with me now is Charlie Cook and Charlie I'd like to ask you about your match last Sunday night against Ken Lucas.

Charlie Cook: What do you want to know about it Steve Stack? I beat the man from pillar to post, I dominated him the whole match and he managed to get one lucky move on and me and keep my shoulders to the mat for a count of 3, that I think was a fast count by the way.

Steve Stack: But why did you feel the need to attack him after the match and throw him over the top rope? The man suffered a twisted ankle due to that and now he's out of action for 2-3 weeks.

Charlie Cook: Am I supposed to care about that? What does it mean to me -

-Suddenly Eddie Gilbert comes into the interview area

Eddie Gilbert: Steve, I'm sorry to come out here and interrupt your interview but I feel like this whole situation is partly my fault. I asked Ken Lucas to help me get started here in Texas and it caused a big rift between Ken and Charlie who have been friends for many years.

Charlie Cook: Boy what is wrong with you? You come out here and apologize to Steve Stack for interrupting his interview, it's MY interview! This is MY time you're out here on now son. Just because Ken Lucas thinks you're gonna be somebody one day in the wrestling business doesn't mean a thing to me! I don't see anything standing in front of me but a little boy.

Eddie Gilbert: Now first of all, I'm not a boy. I'm a professional wrestler and I'm a man. All I came out here to do was to see if I can't try and help make peace between you and Ken Lucas because you two have been friends for a long time, much longer than I've been in the wrestling business.

Charlie Cook: Ken Lucas wasn't my friend, he was an acquaintance. He is just a guy I've worked around for many years and someone who lied to me about all the great opportunities that we would have here in the Southwest area. So that's one lie you're out here telling. And the other lie you're out here telling is that you're a man.

-Charlie Cook slaps Eddie Gilbert so hard it sends Eddie Gilbert down to a knee

Charlie Cook: You see that boy! That was just an open hand slap! You aren't any kind of man, you aren't any kind of professional wrestler!

Steve Stack: Please don't do this here! This isn't the place for a fight!

Eddie Gilbert: You're right Steve Stack! This isn't the place, that ring is the place! You think I'm just a boy well let's get in the ring right now and see!

-Eddie Gilbert goes down to the ring and challenges Charlie Cook to follow him in!

Charlie Cook: This boy really thinks he's gonna stand a chance against me!? You just saw what I did to him with one slap, I'm gonna break his skinny little body in two!

-Charlie Cook heads down to the ring as Steve Stack says "It looks like we've got an impromptu match here folks!"

Eddie Gilbert vs. Charlie Cook -

Charlie Cook enters the ring and Eddie Gilbert starts pounding on him as soon as he comes through the ropes! The referee calls for the bell and almost immediately after, Cook grabs Eddie Gilbert and tosses him through the ropes! Gilbert grabs Charlie's legs and pulls him out of the ring and the two have a wild brawl at ringside. The referee ends up counting out both men as they continue their fight and ignore the referee's count. Juan Reynosa, Terry Adonis, T.G. Stone, Jimmy Doo, Mike Jackson and Jack Howe all come out to get the two men separated.

Steve Stack: What an intense rivalry this has become right before our eyes! I wouldn't be surprise if both men go to Stanley Blackburn and demand a rematch for this Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena! Don't go away because when we come back we'll talk to the man who made his debut here last week, Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie and we'll also have our main event of Jose Lothario vs. David Von Erich!

-Fifth & final commercial break

Steve Stack: Welcome back to Southwest Championship Wrestling! Before we get to today's main event of David Von Erich vs. Jose Lothario I'd like to bring in the man from Iraq, Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie. Sheik, what brings you Texas and more specifically, Southwest Championship Wrestling?

Sheik Adnan: I have come here to claim the gift from Allah to the Arab people of the world! I have heard about the oil fields of Texas and the fortunes it has created. This will not stand! This oil does not belong to Americans, it does not belong to the people of Texas, it is Allah's gift for the Arab people, it is our destiny to control all the world's oil and have our revenge on the people who have tried to take everything from us! The laws of this country are stacked against me, they will not allow me to come here and buy all the oil fields because they know that my people will one day cut off the flow of oil to this country and bring it to it's knees! But I have found a loophole! I only need to establish myself here for a certain amount of time, to make myself a citizen of this disgusting cesspool of a country, to establish my residence in Texas and then I will be able to use all the wealth at my command to buy every oil field in this state and end any dream that this country has of becoming independent on the oil of my people! I have come here with the blessings of the President of Iraq the great Saddam Hussein, the blessings of Fahd bin Abdulaziz Al Saud the King of Saudi Arabia, the President of Syria Hafez al-Assad and all of the OPEC nations!

Steve Stack: Well...without getting into a political discussion, let me stay on the topic of wrestling. Next week you have a match in the Southwest TV Title tournament against a man who makes his debut in the area this Sunday night, Ron Starr. Do you have any thoughts about your opponent for next week?

Sheik Adnan: What should I think about a peasant? I am a man who can buy and sell a thousand, no, a hundred thousand men like Ron Starr! He is nothing to me and next week I will grind him under my boot like my people will one day do to this country!

Steve Stack: Well I think that's about all the time we have for this today, Sheik. Thank you for being here. Now we have to get down to the ring for our main event.

Jose Lothario vs. David Von Erich w/Sunshine - Southwest TV Title Tournament Match -

This is an evenly fought match for the early going until David Von Erich misses his trademark high knee which allows Jose to catch him with a huge uppercut. Jose tries to go for the cover but Sunshine has the referee distracted and when Jose turns back around he gets knocked out by David Von Erich who pulled brass knucks out of his tights. David makes the cover and the referee turns around to make the 3 count. While the referee was counting David slid the brass knucks out of the ring to Sunshine who quickly hid them away.

Steve Stack: What a despicable way to win a match! Fans we're out of time, don't miss the action next week when we'll see Eddy Mansfield vs. Roy Lee Welch and Ron Starr vs. Sheik Adnan in the other half of Round 1 of the Southwest TV Title tournament! And make sure to get your tickets for this Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena where Jim Duggan will face Killer Khan in a Coward's Way Out match, The Texas Dynasty defend the Southwest Tag Team Titles against Jose Lothario and El Gran Apollo, The Fabulous Ones square off with The Assassins with the winner facing the AWA World Tag Team Champions and more great action!