Pro Wrestling Only

Southwest Championship Wrestling Results

goc

Taped at The Junction in San Antonio, TX on 9/12

Southwest Championship Wrestling airing on Saturday 9/17 in local markets

-Show intro-

steverstack1_zps2225fa25.jpg

Steve Stack: Welcome to another exciting edition of Southwest Championship Wrestling! As always we have an action packed hour to get to today and -

-Suddenly The Texas Dynasty and Sunshine come into the interview area

d8JD6fY.jpg?1 HjRidln.jpg?1 & 2bST7lZ.jpg?1

Tully Blanchard: Nothing is going to happen on this show today until we get our Southwest Tag Team Titles back! You know The Fabulous Ones STOLE them from us, we're still the rightfully Southwest Tag Team Champions and we want our belts back NOW! So you get them out here or the only thing people are going to be looking at this hour is the angry faces of David and I, along with the beautiful face of Sunshine of course.

Steve Stack: Well Tully I hate to be the one to tell you this, but The Fabulous Ones aren't here today.

David Von Erich: What?! They proved themselves not only to be thieves but now they're cowards too?? How are they allowed to skip TV today, they should be suspended, no they should be FIRED!

Steve Stack: Actually it was Stanley Blackburn's decision to keep them from being here at The Junction today. He asked The Fabulous Ones to remit to him the Southwest Tag Team Titles and they refused to Stanley Blackburn barred them from being on TV today. Instead he has signed a rematch this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena between The Fabulous Ones and you two for the Southwest Tag Team Titles.

Tully Blanchard: What?? Stanley Blackburn is going to reward them for their thievery by giving them another shot at OUR belts? How can this injustice even be allowed to take place? They've never been able to pin us and beat us for the titles, they don't deserve another shot!

Steve Stack: Many would say they would have beaten you last Sunday night if it hadn't been for David Von Erich kicking the referee in the head.

David Von Erich: Don't you get smart with us out here Steve Stack or you just might not live to regret it.

Steve Stack: Well seeing as you two are already upset, I hope you won't shoot the messenger on the next bit of news I have to tell you. Stanley Blackburn also signed a TV Title match here for today with David defending that title against Eddie Gilbert.

David Von Erich: Big deal, I knew when I won this TV Title that I would be defending it often, I'm not afraid to fight anybody especially not a little punk like Eddie Gilbert.

Steve Stack: I'm glad you feel that way and I hope Tully will feel the same way because Tully Blanchard is also schedule to defend the Southwest Heavyweight Title on TV today against Ken Lucas!

Tully Blanchard: What?? I don't defend this title on TV! I'm the Southwest Heavyweight Champion, people need to pay to see me defend this title!

Steve Stack: Well since you've been out of the area so long and not defending it here in Texas, Stanley Blackburn has demanded that you defend it TODAY on TV or forfeit the belt!

Tully Blanchard: I thought when I got rid of Lou Thesz that things were going to get better around here, and they've only gotten worse! This is a total conspiracy against me and David Von Erich, Stanley Blackburn is just like all these people and he can't stand to see the two of us completely and totally dominate Southwest Championship Wrestling and the whole state of Texas. Well that's fine, if I have to defend my title on TV today then that's just what I'll do. And I'll make an example of Ken Lucas while I'm doing it.

-The Texas Dynasty and Sunshine leave the interview area

Steve Stack: Fans we have to take a break but don't go away we'll have that Southwest Television Title match as soon as we come back!

-First Commercial Break-

Eddie Gilbert vs. David Von Erich - Southwest TV Title match -

They lock up to start the match and David shoves Eddie down to the mat and then mocks the height difference between the two. David gets down on his knees and offers another lock up but instead gets dropkicked in his face by Eddie Gilbert! Eddie grabs a headlock on David but David uses his size advantage to force his way into the ropes. David is ticked off now and charges at Eddie Gilbert only to get caught with a drop toe hold and then put into another headlock while he's down on the mat. David fights his way back up to his feet while still in the headlock and makes a motion to Sunshine and she jumps up on the apron and distracts referee Jack Howe which allows David to pick Gilbert up from the headlock position and bring him down in an atomic drop across the top rope! Gilbert falls down to the mat holding his groin and David quickly makes the cover but Eddie is somehow able to kick out at the count of two! David gets up enraged and starts stomping the hell out of Gilbert and then picks him up off the mat and bodyslams him and makes another cover but Gilbert again manages to kick out. David whips him into the ropes and hits the high knee on him and goes for another cover only for Gilbert to kick out again at the count of two! David starts arguing with referee Jack Howe about slow counts when Eddie grabs him and rolls him up from behind for the count of two! David gets up completely pissed off and charges at Eddie Gilbert but Gilbert moves out of the way and David goes crashing into the corner and then turns around into a dropkick from Eddie Gilbert! Gilbert quickly climbs to the top rope and goes for a Missile Dropkick as David is getting back to his feet but David moves out of the way and Eddie goes crashing down hard onto the mat. David quickly puts the Iron Claw on Eddie while he's down but Eddie manages to keep his shoulders up the first few times that Jack Howe starts to count them down before finally having his shoulders counted down for the 3 count on the 4th pin.

Steve Stack: Eddie Gilbert gave David Von Erich everything he could handle in that match! The young man has nothing to be ashamed of in losing that match. We have to take another time out for our sponsors but when we come back we'll be hearing from Mil Mascaras about his ongoing battle against Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico!

-Second commercial break-

hqdefault.jpg

Steve Stack: Welcome back to Southwest Championship Wrestling! Mil, the last two partners we've seen you team up with against Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico have been injured by their Spike Piledriver. What are your plans going forward in your battle against them, and will you be bringing in another partner?

Mil Mascaras: Steve I really feel bad about the way that my partners have been targeted the past two weeks. So this week I did not ask anyone to help me. In fact, I will not be at The HemisFair Arena at all. I should have never gotten Omar Atlas or Mando Guerrero involved in this, it was not their battle to fight. But I promise you one thing Steve Stack, just because I won't be fighting Jose or Mr. Mexico this Sunday night does not mean that I am finished with them. There is only one man who should be my partner in this fight and when I have him with me, I'll be back here ready to finally end this war.

-Mil Mascaras leaves the interview area and Roy Lee Welch comes in

Steve Stack: Roy let me congratulate you on your big victory in the chain match against Eddy Mansfield last Sunday night. To the best of my knowledge you sent Eddy Mansfield out of Southwest Championship Wrestling with the beating you gave him, no one has heard from him since that night and he's apparently left the state of Texas.

hc5IzrH.jpg?1

Roy Lee Welch: Well we can only hope that he IS gone Steve Stack. And since he's gone, we don't need to spend any more time talking about him. I'm still interested in one thing: getting a Southwest Tag Team Title shot for myself and my cousin Robert Fuller. And since I can't seem to get any traction on that, I've decided to help a man who asked me for assistance. We've all seen Mike Jackson in his battle against Tiny Anderson and Mike Masters over the past month, we've seen how he's been cheated time and time again. He asked me to be his partner this Sunday night in a tag match against them and I accepted. I hope that after we win that match, I can finally get the contract signed for me and my cousin to face whoever the Southwest Tag Team Champions will be after this Sunday night.

-Roy Lee Welch leaves the interview area and Lord Alfred Hayes and The Avenger come in

g0bsIrJ.jpg?1 & j19Abqx.jpg?1

Steve Stack: And now before we have to take another commercial break, I was asked to bring you two out here and inform you of your opponent for this Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena.

Lord Alfred Hayes: Well surely after this man's impressive victories here he should be facing Tully Blanchard for the Southwest Heavyweight Title.

Steve Stack: Well that's not exactly the match that Stanley Blackburn had in mind. Instead, he's signed a rematch between The Avenger and Steve Pardee.

Lord Alfred Hayes: Steve Pardee!? What kind of madness is this?! When will I ever be able to rid myself of that insufferable nuisance? The man was beaten in the middle of the ring, quite soundly I might add, and now he's given a rematch?

Steve Stack: Apparently Stanley Blackburn disagreed with your assessment of it being "sound" and mentioned The Avenger using a loaded mask when he headbutted Steve Pardee.

Lord Alfred Hayes: Steven Stack I've never heard anything so preposterous in my life! First of all I would never align myself with a man who would use such underhanded tactics and The Avenger is far too great of a competitor to need them anyway! I can't believe the audacity of Stanley Blackburn to deny this man his right to fight for a championship and instead be stuck once again facing that youth who barely even qualifies to step in the ring at all. I promise you this however, this is the last time that Steve Pardee will ever be a thorn in my side because I am going to ensure that The Avenger breaks him in two and ends his completely worthless career!

-Lord Alfred Hayes and The Avenger leave the interview area

Steve Stack: Ladies and gentleman don't touch that dial because when we come back from this break we're going to see Jim Duggan in action and we also have a video we've been paid to play by Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie!

Third Commercial Break

JsxAT2R.jpg?1

Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie: Jim Duggan did you enjoy your gift last Sunday night? Did you enjoy Bruiser Brody slamming your head into the steel ring post and turning you into a bloody mess? You are lucky that you had your American friends there to pull Bruiser Brody off of you because if not the damage would have been much worse! I don't care, Bruiser Brody doesn't care if he beats you, it doesn't matter if there is ever even a match! He is being paid to break your body, break your mind, break your spirit and that is just what he will do Jim Duggan. He will be at the HemisFair Arena again this Sunday night and I promise you the beating he gave you last Sunday night will pale in comparison to what happens this week. Allahu Akbar!

Steve Stack: Well we just played the tape from Sheik Adnan but I'm not sure if he was given the full story of just what happened last Sunday night because Bruiser Brody also ended up bloody after that fight with Jim Duggan. Speaking of the 'Hacksaw' let's bring him in now and talk to him before he goes to the ring for his match against Ali Bey.

JjawfbU.jpg?1

Jim Duggan: You know Steve Stack, I think you're right about Sheik Adnan not getting the full story. Maybe Bruiser Brody was afraid he wouldn't get all of his money if he told Adnan the truth about what happened last Sunday night. And the truth is, that I took his best shot and I came right back at him and gave him a taste of his own medicine! Nobody saved me from anything, I was the one who was beating his bloody face in when everyone ran out and pulled me off of him. Stanley Blackburn saw everyone holding us back last Sunday night and decided that looked like a good scene so he made our match this Sunday a Lumberjack match. Well that's just fine with me because that means we're going to have to settle it in the ring, there won't be any fighting around ringside and slamming my head into steel posts. And once I start pounding his brains in he's not going to have anywhere to run. So Bruiser Brody I'll see you this Sunday night and I'm gonna make you wish you never took that dirty money from the Geek Adnan!

Steve Stack: Alright let's head down to the ring now for our first look at 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan in action right here on TV and he'll be going against The Turk, Ali Bey!

Ali Bey vs. Jim Duggan -

Ali Bey tried to attack Duggan as soon as the big 'Hacksaw' got into the ring but Duggan quickly shoved him off and stood there staring at Ali Bey. The Turk responded with a big chop to Duggan's chest but Duggan only stood there and put his hands on his hips. Ali Bey bounced off the ropes and into Jim Duggan with a big shoulder block that sent Ali Bey crashing to the canvas but didn't even budge Duggan. Duggan challenged him to do it again and this time when Ali Bey came charging in, Duggan leveled him with a big Spear and pinned him for the count of 3!

Steve Stack: There is ladies and gentleman, Hacksaw Jim Duggan! If you haven't been able to get down to the arena to see him now you know what all the fuss is about! We've got to take another commercial break but don't go away because when we come back we'll talk to Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico and also see them in action together.

-Fourth Commercial Break-

idI08zd.jpg?2 UE92ROF.png?1

Steve Stack: We're back on Southwest Championship Wrestling and with me now are two men who are currently undefeated as a tag team together, Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico. Jose we've seen you defeat Mil Mascaras and his partners two weeks in a row and now Mil says he's going to be gone until he can find the right partner to fight this fight with him. What are your thoughts on that?

Mr. Mexico: Why are you asking Jose instead of me? I'll answer that question if you don't mind, and if you do mind then too bad! Mil Mascaras is out here lying and posturing for these people, he didn't go off to find another partner he slunk out of here with his tail between his legs because he knows he can't beat us! He decided to run back to Mexico where he thinks he's safe from our Spike Piledriver. But we're both citizens of Mexico and any time we want to go down there and find him we can, and we will.

Steve Stack: Well now that Mil Mascaras is gone, what are your plans here in the area?

Mr. Mexico: We are going to do what Jose set out to do when he first came back to this area. We're going to win the Southwest Tag Team Titles and I'm going to be the role model and the hero that the Spanish speaking people of Texas desperately need! I'm going to show them that it's time to forget the old ways, it's time to give up the enchiladas and the tamales and pick up the hot dogs and the hamburgers. It's time to stop speaking Spanish and time to learn English.

Jose Lothario: We want real competition this Sunday night! We're undefeated as a tag team and we want a worthy team to face us so that we can prove we should get the next shot at the Southwest Tag Team Titles!

-Jose and Mr. Mexico leave the interview area and head down to the ring

Steve Stack: Alright you just heard from Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico, they're looking for strong competition this Sunday night and they're headed to the ring now to face off against Jimmy Doo and T.G. Stone

Jimmy Doo and T.G. Stone vs. Mr. Mexico and Jose Lothario -

Jose Lothario starts the match against T.G. Stone and knocks the sense out of him right away with a big uppercut. He gets Stone in the corner where he and Mr. Mexico tag in and out, taking turns beating on T.G. Stone who looks punch drunk. They quickly finish him off with a Spike Piledriver and Jimmy Doo never even gets tagged into the match

Steve Stack: T.G. Stone looks like he may be seriously injured! Who is going to be the team to face Mr. Mexico and Jose Lothario this Sunday night at the HemisFair arena? Fans we have to take out last break of the day but you don't wanna go anywhere because when we come back we'll have our huge TV main event of Tully Blanchard defending the Southwest Heavyweight Title against Tully Blanchard!

-Fifth and final commercial break-

Steve Stack: Before we get to the main event of the show I want to quickly talk about some of the news in the area. It's been confirmed that Ron Starr suffered broken ribs 3 weeks ago in the attack by Abdullah the Butcher and he will be out of action due to doctor's orders for at least a month. We've also seen a new team debut in Southwest Championship Wrestling, the masked team from Japan, Yin and Yang! They have a very unique look and style and we hope to have them here on TV next week but you can see them in action again this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena! We also got a call from the matchmaker of the AWA and Southwest Championship Wrestling informing us that this Sunday night Mr. Mexico and Jose Lothario will face off against Eddie Gilbert and Ken Lucas with the winner receiving a title shot at the Southwest Tag Team Champions! And Ken Lucas may very well be the Southwest Heavyweight Champion come Sunday night because he's standing in the ring now awaiting his title shot against the champion, Tully Blanchard!

Ken Lucas vs. Tully Blanchard - Southwest Heavyweight Title match -

Ken Lucas starts the match firmly in control with Tully Blanchard trying and failing to keep distance from him. Lucas keeps peppering Tully with shots while Tully backpedals away. Tully gets in the corner and gets the referee to push Lucas back and tries a cheap shot on Lucas around the referee's back but Lucas knows it's coming and blocks it and blasts Tully with a big punch that sends Tully out through the ropes. Sunshine consoles him on the outside while Tully wants referee Jack Howe to disqualify Ken Lucas for the use of closed fists. Finally Tully gets back in the ring at the count of 9 and tries to offer a handshake to Ken Lucas. Lucas isn't falling for it and Tully again tries a cheapshot that fails as Lucas blasts him with another big right hand. Lucas tries to whip Tully into the ropes and Tully looks to reverse it but Lucas holds on and whips Tully the other direction and Tully collides with the referee Jack Howe and goes staggering backwards right into a Ken Lucas sleeperhold! Sunshine quickly runs in and blasts Ken Lucas in the back of the head with her purse and he totally collapses and Tully covers him for the count of 3! Sunshine grabs the Southwest Heavyweight Title and she and Tully quickly head back to the locker room, leaving her purse behind. Eddie Gilbert runs out and pulls a brick out of Sunshine's purse and shows it to referee Jack Howe but he says there's nothing he can do and Tully is officially the winner of the match and still Southwest Heavyweight Champion.

Steve Stack: I can't believe how low Tully Blanchard will stoop to retain the Southwest Heavyweight Title! Will he be able to retain the Southwest Tag Team Titles this Sunday night against The Fabulous Ones? What will happen when Jim Duggan faces off against Bruiser Brody in a Lumberjack match? Find out the answers to these questions by buying yourself a ticket to Sunday night's card at The HemisFair arena and be sure to join us next week for more Southwest Championship Wrestling!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cliff notes version:

-The Texas Dynasty protest the Fabulous Ones stealing the Southwest Tag Team Titles and demand they be given back on TV only to be informed that The Fabs aren't there and that they will be put up in a rematch Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena

-Tully is told he must defend his Southwest Heavyweight Title on TV against Ken Lucas and David has to defend the TV title against Eddie Gilbert

-David Von Erich defeated Eddie Gilbert to successfully defend the TV Title in a hard fought contest

-Mil Mascaras announced that he felt guilty over the injuries to Omar Atlas and Mando Guerrero and that he was leaving to find the only partner who could join him in his battle with Jose & Mr. Mexico

-Roy Lee Welch said he was still looking for a Southwest Tag Team Title match with his cousin Robert Fuller as his partner but in the meantime he was going to team with Mike Jackson to help him in his fight against Mike Masters and Tiny Anderson

-Lord Alfred Hayes went nuts when he found out that The Avenger was signed to a rematch with Steve Pardee and vowed to end Pardee's career

-Jim Duggan announced that Stanley Blackburn signed he and Bruiser Brody to a Lumberjack match this Sunday night. Duggan was happy it would be settled in the ring.

-Duggan quickly beat Ali Bey in a total squash match

-Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico stated that they were undefeated and with Mil Mascaras running back to Mexico, they wanted a shot at the Southwest Tag Team Titles

-Jose Lothario & Mr. Mexico defeated T.G. Stone and Jimmy Doo in a squash where Doo never even got tagged in. T.G. Stone was injured with the Spike Piledriver

-Tully Blanchard defeated Ken Lucas to retain the Southwest Heavyweight Title after referee Jack Howe was knocked down and Sunshine clobbered Lucas in the back of the head with her loaded purse (with a brick inside it)

Scheduled for Sunday, September 18th at the HemisFair Arena in San Antonio, TX

Southwest Tag Team Titles: The Fabulous Ones vs. Texas Dynasty - If The Texas Dynasty loses by DQ or countout the titles WILL change hands
Lumberjack Match: Jim Duggan vs. Bruiser Brody
Eddie Gilbert & Ken Lucas vs. Mr. Mexico & Jose Lothario - Winner gets a shot at the Southwest Tag Team Titles
Steve Pardee vs. The Avenger
Roy Lee Welch & Mike Jackson vs. Mike Masters & Tiny Anderson
The Canadian vs. The Masked Wildfire
Yin & Yang vs. Terry Adonis & Bruiser Costa

Southwest Championship Wrestling @ San Antonio, TX - The HemisFair Arena 9/18/83

Yin & Yang vs. Terry Adonis & Bruiser Costa - Yin came to the ring wearing a full black bodysuit with a white mask while Yang was wearing a full white bodysuit with a black mask. Yin started the match on fire, using his speed to fly all around the bigger Bruiser Costa and peppering him with dropkicks and then taking him over with a flying head scissors. Costa quickly scooted across the mat to tag out to Adonis who came in and fared no better, also eating dropkicks from Yin before Yin made the tag out to Yang. Yang came in and tied Adonis up before getting him into a Stretch Plum and making him submit while Yin spring boarded over the ropes with a dive onto Bruiser Costa to keep him from breaking up the hold.

Winners: Yin and Yang in 6:37 after Yang made Terry Adonis submit in the Stretch Plum

The Canadian vs. The Masked Wildfire - The Canadian made short work of this match, overwhelming The Masked Wildfire with his straight ahead, hard hitting style. He finished off the masked man from Hendersonville, TN with a running boot to the face.

Winner: The Canadian in 4:00 after a running boot to the face

Roy Lee Welch & Mike Jackson vs. Mike Masters & Tiny Anderson - Roy Lee Welch started the match against Tiny Anderson and totally made a fool out of him on the mat, riding him and out wrestling him. Welch mocked Tiny Anderson and told him to tag out, which he did and Mike Masters came in. Masters stalled for time while simultaneously berating Tiny Anderson and then managed a sneak attack on Roy Lee Welch while Welch was getting the crowd to taunt Masters. Masters started beating on Roy Lee Welch for a short while and then tried to lock him into the Full Nelson but Roy managed to slip down out of in and then crawl through Masters' legs to make the tag out to Mike Jackson! Jackson came in and took Masters down with a dropkick but missed a second dropkick and then got caught up in the Full Nelson! Jackson fought hard but eventually succumbed to the power of Masters' Full Nelson and was forced to submit.

Winners: Tiny Anderson and Mike Masters in 7:29 after Mike Jackson submitted to a Full Nelson

Steve Pardee vs. The Avenger - This match followed the same pattern as their previous match with The Avenger using his size and brawling to beat on Pardee but Pardee catching him off guard with quickness and superior wrestling ability. The Avenger re-gained control with a big knee to Pardee's back after Pardee was distracted by Lord Alfred Hayes jumping on the apron and then while the referee was busy admonishing Lord Alfred, The Avenger loaded his mask! The Avenger slammed Pardee to the mat and then tried a falling headbutt on him but Pardee rolled out of the way! The Avenger's loaded mask backfired on him and he got up completely disoriented which allowed Pardee to grab him in a headlock and hit the Bulldog and get the pin!

Winner: Steve Pardee in 9:13 after a Bulldog

Winner gets a shot at the Southwest Tag Team Titles: Eddie Gilbert & Ken Lucas vs. Mr. Mexico & Jose Lothario - After about 10 minutes of back and forth action, Eddie Gilbert got tagged in and came in fired up and gained control on Mr. Mexico. Gilbert came off the top rope with a Missile Dropkick on Mr. Mexico that also ended up knocking Juan Reynosa out of the ring! Jose Lothario quickly took out a pair of brass knuckles and came in and blasted Eddie Gilbert with them and then Ken Lucas when Lucas tried to come in and stop him! Jose Lothario put Mr. Mexico on top of the unconcious Eddie Gilbert and ran back to the apron just as Juan Reynosa was getting back into the ring. Juan Reynosa saw Mr. Mexico covering Eddie Gilbert and counted the pin to give Mr. Mexico and Jose Lothario the victory.

Winners: Mr. Mexico and Jose Lothario in 11:22 after Mr. Mexico pinned Eddie Gilbert following a punch with brass knuckles from Jose Lothario

Lumberjack Match: Jim Duggan vs. Bruiser Brody - Each side of the ring contained 4 lumberjacks with Mike Fever, Jimmy Doo, The Masked Wildfire, The Canadian, Yin & Yang, Bruiser Costa, Terry Adonis, The Avenger, Steve Pardee, Mike Masters, Tiny Anderson, Roy Lee Welch, Mike Jackson, Ali Bey and Juan Reynosa making up the lumberjacks.

The match started with both men charging each other as soon as Bruiser Brody entered the ring and just teeing off on each other with big time punches. Brody gained the advantage after a rake to the eye and pushed Duggan back into the corner where he started blasting him with knees to the midsection. Brody then tossed Duggan out of the ring on the side with Mike Masters, Costa, Adonis & Tiny Anderson and the four of them started pounding on Duggan before rolling him back in. Brody bounced off the ropes and came down hard on the throat of Jim Duggan with a leaping knee drop and then made the cover but Duggan kicked out at the count of two. Brody pulled him up and tried to whip him into the corner but Duggan didn't move. Brody tried again but Duggan reversed it and sent Brody into the corner and tried to follow up with a big shoulder block but Brody moved at the last second and Duggan went shoulder first into the corner. Brody then blasted Duggan with a kick right to the face that took the big 'Hacksaw' off his feet and then covered him for another 2 count. Brody picked Duggan up and body slammed him and then went up to the top rope for a big flying knee drop but Duggan rolled out of the way and Brody landed hard on the canvas! Brody got up limping and Duggan charged at him with a huge Spear that sent both men flying out through the ropes!

The lumberjacks tried to get both men back up off the floor and back into the ring but Brody started attacking the lumberjacks, blasting The Masked Wildfire in the face with a big boot and tossing Jimmy Doo into the ring steps. Duggan got mad at Bruiser Costa and Terry Adonis pounding on him and started fighting back with punches of his own! Soon there was an all out war at ringside with the lumberjacks fighting each other and fighting Duggan and Brody. Finally Duggan and Brody fought a path through the sea of lumberjacks and found each other and started brawling up the aisle! Some of the lumberjacks like Steve Pardee, The Avenger, Mike Jackson and Tiny Anderson ended up in the ring battling while referee Jack Howe desperately tried to restore order! Finally with the lumberjacks in the ring and Duggan & Brody outside of it, Jack Howe had no choice but to throw out the match!

Result: No contest in 8:29

Finally after another few minutes of chaos some of the other members of the roster came out to help restore order and finally the lumberjacks stopped fighting each other and helped to separate Duggan and Brody and get them back to their respective locker rooms. There was a short 5 minute intermission before the main event to calm everything down after the wild brawl between almost the entire roster.

Southwest Tag Team Titles: The Fabulous Ones vs. Texas Dynasty - Tully started the match against Steve Keirn and frustrated Keirn by using every stalling tactic in the book. Finally Tully decided to tag out without even ever making contact with Steve Keirn and David Von Erich came in instead. David motioned for a lockup but instead buried a knee in Keirn's stomach and whipped him into the corner where Tully started hammering on him. David and Tully tried to double team Keirn in their corner but Keirn was fired up and he fought his way out of the corner with rights and lefts and then got back into the middle of the ring and challenged Tully to get back in with him. Tully tagged in again and tried to lure Keirn back into the corner but Keirn instead lured Tully in by turning his back and letting Tully charge at him only to turn around and blast Tully with a big right hand! Keirn grabs Tully and whips him into the corner where Stan Lane starts wailing away on him and then Keirn charges in with a huge knee to the midsection. David comes running in to try and save Tully only to wind up in the corner in his place getting beat on while Tully slinks out of the ring. Tully grabbed the Southwest Tag Team Titles and started to leave with them when Sunshine reminded him that if he got counted out they would lose the belts. Tully started to come back to the ring only to have Stan Lane and Steve Keirn throw David Von Erich out of the ring on top of him! The referee warned them about throwing David over the top rope but didn't disqualify them since David wasn't the legal man. The referee started to count out Tully while Sunshine screamed at him to get back up. Finally Tully made it back in at the count of 9 and quickly rolled back out of the ring. Tully, David and Sunshine had a strategy session outside the ring while Steve Keirn made the tag out to Stan Lane. Stan Lane came in and started taunting Tully to get back in the ring but Tully came through the ropes right in the corner with David and quickly tagged out.

David came in the ring and started trash talking Stan Lane while Stan Lane just stayed in the middle of the ring, motioning him to come forward. David tried the same lock up fake with a knee to the midsection that he did on Steve Keirn but Lane blocked it with his leg and then hit his own knee to David's midsection and then blasted him in the head with a big karate kick! Sunshine jumped up on the apron distracted Stan Lane long enough for David to get back up and blast Lane with the running high knee when he turned back around. David pulled Stan Lane into his corner and then he and Tully made a lot of quick tags and continued to beat on Stan Lane while Keirn tried to cheer him on from the apron. David eventually came in and got the Iron Claw on Stan Lane just as Tully came around the outside and pulled Steve Keirn down off the apron and slammed him head first into the steel ring post! Stan Lane started to fade but made one last ditch effort and ran himself forward into the ropes and then dropped down which caused the momentum to carry David forward and catch himself throat first on the top rope! Both men started crawling to their corners and David made the tag but Stan Lane got to his corner and saw Steve Keirn laid out on the outside of the ring! Tully quickly followed up on the confusion by attacking Stan Lane from behind and smashing his head off the turnbuckle. Tully tried to go for the Slingshot Suplex but Stan Lane sat down on it and reversed it into a suplex of his own! Both men started crawling towards their corners and Lane made it first and this time Keirn was there to take the tag! A bloody Steve Keirn came into the ring fired up just as Tully made the tag out to David Von Erich! David came charging at him only to miss a clothesline and then Steve Keirn came flying off the ropes from the other side and blasted him with the Flying Forearm! Keirn covered David and Stan Lane cut off Tully Blanchard with a big karate kick as he tried to break up the pin and referee Jack Howe counted the 3! The Fabulous Ones win the match and the Southwest Tag Team Titles!

Winners and NEW AWA Southwest Tag Team Champions: The Fabulous Ones in 17:28 after a Flying Forearm from Steve Keirn on David Von Erich

The Fabulous Ones celebrate with the belts as the fans in the HemisFair Arena go wild! Sunshine starts crying at ringside while Tully has a temper tantrum and starts shouting at the fans at ringside! Tully walks back to the locker room alone leaving Sunshine to help a groggy David Von Erich back on her own.

Taped at The Junction in San Antonio, TX on 9/19

Southwest Championship Wrestling airing on Saturday 9/24 in local markets

-Show intro-

Steve Stack: Welcome to another exciting edition of Southwest Championship Wrestling! Before we get to anything else on today's show I want to bring out right now the NEW AWA Southwest Tag Team Champions, Stan Lane and Steve Keirn: The Fabulous Ones!

-The Fabulous Ones come out to a huge ovation from the crowd in The Junction

4oPuTGq.jpg?1
Stan Lane: Thank you Steve, and thanks to all these people cheering for us here because without you we never could have done it.

Steve Keirn: It's been almost 3 months since we got here and said we were here to be the Southwest Tag Team Champions. It may have taken us a little longer than we anticipated but now we've got the belts and there is nobody who is going to take them away from us!

Stan Lane: And now that we've the Southwest Tag Team Champions that also makes us the number one contenders to the AWA World Tag Team Champions, The Wild Bills. We know The Texas Dynasty went crying to Stanley Blackburn demanding that we give them a rematch. Well boys we're gonna tell you just like you told us, you're only going to get one shot. If you don't win the belts back this Sunday, then you're DONE getting shots at OUR Southwest Tag Team Titles!

-Suddenly Mr. Mexico and Jose Lothario come out to the interview area

idI08zd.jpg?2 & UE92ROF.png?1

Mr. Mexico: What is going on? This is another injustice against me! Jose and I won a match last Sunday night that made us the number one contenders to the Southwest Tag Team Titles and now The Texas Dynasty gets a title shot before us? I know the promoters of Southwest Championship Wrestling don't like me because I speak the truth about the false idols like Mil Mascaras, because I tell my people what they need to hear instead of what they want to hear, but this is nothing short of a conspiracy against us! And you two are cowards for going along with it! You're afraid to face two strong Mexicans because you know we're superior to those weak Texans you've been fighting!

Steve Keirn: Hey buddy we don't make our own matches. But if we DID make our own matches then we'd agree to fight you right here on TV today!

Jose Lothario: You're a liar! You only say that because you know it won't happen!

Stan Lane: Don't come out here insulting us and calling us liars because we might not be able to make a match for the belts but we CAN start a fight!

-The Fabulous Ones get in the faces of Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico

Steve Stack: Gentlemen please! Don't do this here! We're gonna go to a commercial break and try to restore some order! Guys please don't do this here!

-First commercial break-

Steve Stack: Fans during the break we had some help from the locker room in coming out here and getting cooler heads to prevail and get The Fabulous Ones, Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico to head to the back. But since Stanley Blackburn is here in the building today he's changed today's main event and we WILL see The Fabulous Ones defend the Southwest Tag Team Titles right here on TV against Mr. Mexico and Jose Lothario! This is why you can never miss a minute of Southwest Championship Wrestling because you never know just what might happen!

-The Texas Dynasty come out along with Sunshine

d8JD6fY.jpg?1HjRidln.jpg?1 & 2bST7lZ.jpg?1

Sunshine: Those two need to be careful who they come out here and insult! My man David Von Erich is anything but weak and if they think they can trash the Texas Dynasty and get away with it, they're in for a rude awakening!

Tully Blanchard: Well that's just great for Jose and his lap dog, they got their title match on TV. It's funny how that chump in the mask can come out here and call anyone a liar when it's plain as day that he's not from Mexico and probably never even spent a day in his life south of Texas. But wouldn't it be a real shame Steve Stack, if something were to happen during that match, if someone were to happen to come in their and beat the brains out of all four men in the ring? It's like you said Steve, you never know just what might happen on Southwest Championship Wrestling!

Steve Stack: Now Tully please don't come out here and threaten to ruin the great main event we have on TV today.

Tully Blanchard: I would never make a threat Steve Stack, I'm a man of integrity and I only make promises.

Steve Stack: Well I don't want to get into an argument about THAT statement so David Von Erich, let me just ask you about your TV Title defense you're about to have against Ken Lucas. You -

David Von Erich: I don't want to talk about Ken Lucas! I'll let my actions in the ring say everything I need to say on that! What I want to talk about is The Fabulous Ones coming out here and running their mouth, saying we're only going to get one shot! Well that's just fine, we're not going to cry about it like you two did. We're just going to get the job done. Next week we're gonna be out here with OUR Southwest Tag Team Titles against and one or both of you are going to be in the hospital! Let's go Sunshine!

Ken Lucas vs. David Von Erich - Southwest TV Title match -

Ken Lucas warned the referee about Sunshine's loaded purse at the start of the match and Sunshine refused to let the referee look at it. While Ken Lucas was distracted with that, David Von Erich jumped him from behind! Referee Jack Howe rang the bell and started the match with David already pounding on Lucas. David started choking him on the ropes and referee Jack Howe tried to pull David off but David shoved him down and kept on choking Lucas! Jack Howe again tried to pull David off and got shoved down again! Jack Howe called for the disqualification and the match ended almost as soon as it began!

David continued choking Ken Lucas on the ropes and Eddie Gilbert ran out from the back to try and help him! Eddie Gilbert pulled David Von Erich off and started hitting him with right hands when Sunshine came into the ring and blasted him in the back of the head with her loaded purse! Tully Blanchard then ran down and Tully and David started just beating the crap out of Eddie Gilbert and Ken Lucas! Finally the locker room emptied and The Fabulous Ones, Jim Duggan, Roy Lee Welch and Steve Pardee ran out to the ring and chased The Texas Dynasty away! Welch and Pardee checked on Gilbert and Lucas while The Fabs and Duggan continued to chase The Texas Dynasty away from the ring.

Steve Stack: Fans I apologize for that sham of a TV title match! The Texas Dynasty are beside themselves today after being defeated for the Southwest Tag Team Titles and -

-Suddenly Stanley Blackburn comes out to the interview area

Stanley Blackburn: I want it to be known right now that The Texas Dynasty are being kicked out The Junction for the rest of this show! I won't allow them to carry on like that and certainly won't allow them to ruin the main event the way they've already threatened to do! And David Von Erich will also be fined $1,000 for attacking the referee! I'm sorry for the interruption Steve Stack, carry on.

Steve Stack: Well fans you just heard it right from the mouth of the President of the AWA himself, Stanley Blackburn! The Texas Dynasty are being kicked out of the building and barred from returning which means we won't see them get involved in the Southwest Tag Team Title match between The Fabulous Ones and Joe Lothario and Mr. Mexico! We've got to take a time out for our second commercial break but don't go away because we have so much more to come in this hour! We have the Southwest Tag Team Title match, Bruiser Brody is here in The Junction and will be in action, and when we come back we'll take a look at the newest team to make their way to Southwest Championship Wrestling the mysterious masked team of Yin and Yang!

Steve Stack: Welcome back to Southwest Championship Wrestling! Before we take our first look on TV at the masked team of Yin and Yang we had a video sent to us courtesy of Southeastern Championship Wrestling in Alabama with a message to Roy Lee Welch. So let's take a look at that now and then we'll try and get a quick word from Roy Lee Welch if it's something he wants to respond to.

sygbgjS.jpg?1 & cj7S8fu.jpg?1

Charlie Platt: Let me introduce myself to the fans in the Southwest viewing audience, my name is Charlie Platt and I'm the host of Southeastern Championship Wrestling. Standing beside me is the Professor, Bill Ash who asked me to help him make this video to be sent to Southwest Championship Wrestling and Roy Lee Welch in particular.

Bill Ash: Roy Lee Welch...it's been a while since I've seen you around this area...not long enough for my liking though. But I've been hearing about you from your cousins, specifically your cousin Jimmy Golden. He said you're down in Texas running your family name right into the ground. So I told him I could come to Texas and solve the problem and he offered to pay me $10,000 if I break your arm, break your leg, break any bone in your body that puts you out of the wrestling ring. And I didn't need to be told twice, I'm already making my way down to Texas and I'm gonna see you in the ring in San Antonio this Sunday night. So let me tell you something Roy Lee Welch, I'd do a whole lot of nasty things to you for a whole lot less than $10,000. For $10,000? I'll break your neck and end your career for good and I promise you that.

hc5IzrH.jpg?1

Steve Stack: Well Roy you just heard the words from Bill Ash who apparently has been offered $10,000 to injure you bad enough where you have to take him off from wrestling. What do you have to say in response to that?

Roy Lee Welch: I'm not going to lie to you Steve Stack, it really hurts me to hear that someone from my own family would pay another man to try and put me out of rasslin. I've had problems with my cousin Jimmy Golden for a long time but I would never even think about putting a bounty on him but I guess that's that difference between me and Jimmy. But what makes me even more disappointed is that right now in Southeastern, Jimmy Golden is teaming up with Robert Fuller. Robert, I'm sure you'll somehow hear what I have to say so I'm gonna say it just like you're watching on TV. I know you and I had some problems when you came down to Texas to help me out, but that wasn't my fault. I'm STILL trying every week to get Stanley Blackburn to give me a contract for us to face the Southwest Tag Team Champions. And it really makes me sad that not only are you not returning my phone calls but that you wouldn't stop our cousin Jimmy from putting a bounty on my head. But I don't hate you Robert, you're still the cousin who always stuck up for me when the rest of the family was putting me down or calling me the "runt of the litter" and I'll never forget any of that. And I hope you won't either.

But as far as Bill Ash goes, he's not going to collect that bounty! I'm going to be the one that hurts him because when I get him in the Spinning Toe Hold, I'm not going to stop when I hear him say "I give up!" I'm not going to stop when the referee tries to pull me off of him after the bell has rung, I'm not going to stop until I hear his leg break and he goes back to Alabama with his whole leg in a cast so he can tell Jimmy Golden that I'm not a man to be messed with!

-Roy Lee Welch leaves the interview area

Steve Stack: Well you just heard from a very emotional Roy Lee Welch and it sounds like he is ready to go to war with Bill Ash this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena. Right now we're getting ready to go to the ring and see the new team of Yin & Yang in action and before we do that I'd like to just tell the fans a little bit about them. They both wear full bodysuits and masks, Yin wears a black bodysuit with a white mask and Yang wears a white bodysuit with a black mask. They both have very different approaches to the sport with Yang being very controlled, very scientific in the two matches I've seen him wrestle at the HemisFair Arena I've never even seen him throw a punch. Yin on the other hand is a very fiery competitor quick to fight or fly and I think the fans are in for a real treat today seeing them in action for the first time here on TV. So let's go ahead and send it down to the ring where Ali Bey and Mike Fever are waiting the arrival of Yin & Yang!

Mike Fever & Ali Bey vs. Yin & Yang -

Yin & Ali Bey start the match against each other and things quickly devolve into a wild brawl! Ali Bey gets the advantage after a chop to the throat and then tosses Yin into his corner where Mike Fever chokes Yin with the tag rope while Ali Bey keeps the referee distracted. During all of this, Yang remains calmly stationed in his corner. Ali Bey tags out to Mike Fever and the two of them do some double teaming on Yin in the corner before Mike Fever backs off and tries to come charging in for a big splash in the corner but Yin moves out of the way! Yin makes it to the corner to take out to Yang and Fever comes charging at Yang but gets taken down with an arm drag! Yang works over Fever's arm on the mat before transitioning him into a seated position and putting on the Stretch Plum! Mike Fever submits and Yin & Yang are declared the winners!

Steve Stack: Another impressive win the enigmatic team of Yin & Yang! We have to take another timeout for our sponsors but when we come back we're going to hear from Lord Alfred Hayes with a big announcement for The Avenger's match this Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena, we'll talk to 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan and I'll also inform everyone of the phone call we received earlier in the week from Mil Mascaras about his return to the HemisFair Arena this Sunday night! Don't go away!

-Third commercial break-

g0bsIrJ.jpg?1 & j19Abqx.jpg?1

Steve Stack: Standing with me now are Lord Alfred Hayes and his client, The Avenger! Lord Alfred you received a challenge from Steve Pardee and you asked for some time to address it right here on TV today so let's hear what you have to say.

Lord Alfred: Yes that is true, I did receive a challenge from that ignominious ignorance Steve Pardee. I had originally refused to ever again have my man The Avenger face him in combat after the way he cheated and used a foreign object to win the match last Sunday night.

Steve Stack: Well that's a bit of unique spin on it Lord Alfred, The Avenger is the one who introduced the foreign object to the match and it backfired on him, Steve Pardee had nothing to do with that.

Lord Alfred: Blasphemy! How dare you insult my integrity my Steve Stack! You gave me this time and now you're going to interrupt me with falsehoods while I'm speaking?

Steve Stack: I'm sorry Lord Alfred, please continue.

Lord Alfred: Now before I was so rudely interrupted I was trying to inform the viewing audience that I had refused a rematch with that cheating scoundrel Steve Pardee originally but he so sweetened the pot that I found it impossible to refuse. You see, Steve Pardee made the great mistake of offering me my one greatest desire in all of the world. The end of his career. He offered to put his career on the line against the mask of The Avenger! And so naturally I had no recourse but to accept that challenge and so for the few of you who have the very poor taste of considering yourself fans of Steve Pardee, make sure you buy a ticket to the HemisFair Arena this Sunday night so you can see his last match as a professional wrestler. Now I feel like I've spent far more time than is necessary rubbing shoulders with a plebeian such as yourself Steven Stack so now I will take my leave. Cheers!

-Lord Alfred Hayes and The Avenger leave the interview area

Steve Stack: Well fans you just heard it, another huge match is signed for this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena! Steve Pardee will face The Avenger in a Career vs. Mask match! And now before I bring out Jim Duggan to talk about the stipulations of his rematch with Bruiser Brody this Sunday night, I'd like to talk about the phone call that was received at the offices of Southwest Championship Wrestling earlier in the week. Mil Mascaras made a long distance telephone call and informed the promoters of Southwest Championship Wrestling that he had found the partner he was looking for and that they would be in San Antonio this Sunday night to face the team of Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico! Mil refused to divulge who that partner was but he assured us that it's someone who is capable of the task and so that match has been signed and added to the card for this Sunday night, Mil Mascaras and his partner will take on the team of Mr. Mexico and Jose Lothario, who I might add, could very well be the Southwest Tag Team Champions by the time this show is over. And now before we head to our next break, let me bring in the man who will face Bruiser Brody in a SAN ANTONIO STREET FIGHT this Sunday night, 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan!

I48n2OC.jpg?1

Jim Duggan: You know Steve Stack, Bruiser Brody and I were supposed to be in a Lumberjack match last Sunday night but it seemed to turn out more like a battle royal! So it seems like Stanley Blackburn realized nothing was going to be able to keep our fight in the ring so he threw his hands up and decided to just let us fight all over ringside, fight all over the arena, fight out into the streets if we have to! And that's just fine with the Hacksaw! Because when I come out to the ring Sunday night I'm gonna be ready not just for a fight but for a war and at the end, no matter how beat up I am, no matter how bloody I get, I'm going be to be the winner because it doesn't matter who Geek Adnan sends against me, I'm not gonna run, I'm not gonna fall and I'll never be broken!

Steve Stack: There you have it ladies and gentlemen, Hacksaw Jim Duggan is ready for war this Sunday night at the HemisFair Arena and I think it's quite likely that's exactly what it's going to be! We've got to take another break and when we come back we're going to hear from Bruiser Brody who is right here in The Junction this week and then we're going to see him in a handicap match taking on Jimmy Doo and The Masked Wildfire!

-Fourth commercial break-

SYnNc6D.jpg?1

Steve Stack: We're back on Southwest Championship Wrestling and standing with me now is the 6'8 300 pound Bruiser Brody! Brody, before we start to talk about your San Antonio Street Fight with Jim Duggan, let me ask you why you decided to turn on your country in favor of Sheik Adnan's money?

Bruiser Brody: First off, you don't need to tell these people how big I am, anyone that knows anything about professional wrestling knows I'm big and I'm bad. Second of all, I didn't turn my back on anything. I didn't swear allegiance to anything that Sheik Adnan believes in except the love of money. And he pays me in AMERICAN dollars by the way so how exactly did I turn my back on my country?

Steve Stack: Well Sheik Adnan has made it very clear that he want to buy up all the oil in Texas, he wants to raise the price of oil and bring the United States of America to it's knees.

Bruiser Brody: But what does that have to do with me? I'm not helping him buy up any oil fields! All I'm doing is taking the man's money to do a job. I'm getting paid in cash, not check, because I don't exactly trust the man either. But he pays me what he says he's going to pay me and when I beat Jim Duggan to a bloody pulp, when I break his arm, or I break his leg, or I break his NECK and I put him out of professional wrestling he's going to pay me so much money I'm not ever going to have to work another day in my life. But I'll still be a professional wrestler even after that because I like beating people up!

Steve Stack: Well now that we're on the subject of Jim Duggan, doesn't it bother you to take money to end the career of a man who at one time was your friend?

Bruiser Brody: I never considered Jim Duggan a friend of mine. When he was breaking into professional wrestling I taught him a few things because I didn't want him to be another one of the former football players that get into professional wrestling and can't hack it and make the rest of us look bad. And he hasn't made us look bad, in fact I'll even admit he's one of the toughest men in professional wrestling today. But he's not the toughest. Bruiser Brody is the toughest man in professional wrestling and I will be until the day I retire! Now if you don't believe that just watch what I'm about to do to those two chumps standing in the ring and buy a ticket to the HemisFair Arena this Sunday night where you can see me beat Jim Duggan in a San Antonio Street Fight and collect my money by ending his career!

-Bruiser Brody leaves the interview area and the camera follows him down to the ring where Jimmy Doo and The Masked Wildfire are waiting

Jimmy Doo & The Masked Wildfire vs. Bruiser Brody -

Brody charges into the ring and immediately blasts Jimmy Doo in the face with a big boot. Then he grabs Masked Wildfire and slams him to the mat with a one armed bodyslam. He pulls Wildfire and Doo both back up off the mat and slams their heads together! He holds onto Jimmy Doo so he can hit a one armed bodyslam on him and lets Masked Wildfire fall to the mat. Then he hits a big running knee drop on Jimmy Doo slams Masked Wildfire on top of him and pins them both in a pile.

Steve Stack: There's no denying how impressive Bruiser Brody is but he's going to be facing much tougher competition this Sunday night! Fans if you miss this Sunday night's action you'll never forgive yourself, Bruiser Brody vs. Jim Duggan in a San Antonio Street Fight, The Fabulous Ones vs. The Texas Dynasty, Steve Pardee puts his career on the line against the mask of The Avenger and so much more! We have to take our last time out of the program but you won't want to touch that dial because when we come back we'll immediately go to the ring for our main event of The Fabulous Ones defending the AWA Southwest Tag Team Titles against Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico!

Jose Lothario & Mr. Mexico vs. The Fabulous Ones - Southwest Tag Team Title match -

Jose and Steve Keirn start the match against each other with both men circling each other in a boxing stance and referee Jack Howe desperately trying to get them to open up their firsts. They ignore him and continue circling each other in the boxing stance until Keirn is positioned with his back to Mr. Mexico who quickly runs in and cheap shots him from behind, sending him sprawling forward into a big uppercut from Jose Lothario! Jose climbs on top of him and starts pounding on him with punches while the referee is busy keeping Stan Lane out of the ring. Jose tosses Keirn into the corner where he and Mr. Mexico both pound on him and then Jose tags out. Mr. Mexico comes in and puts a chin lock on Keirn while also taunting Stan Lane to come in and save him. Stan Lane finally gets fed up with the taunting and tries to run in but Jack Howe cuts him off and then Mr. Mexico and Jose Lothario make an illegal switch without a tag with Jose having the chin lock on Keirn when the referee turns back around. Jack Howe looks suspicious of if there was a tag and warns Jose about illegally switching so Jose reaches back and tags Mr. Mexico back in who takes over control of the chin lock again. Finally the crowd and Stan Lane cheer on Keirn enough that he gets the adrenaline to get back up to his feet and he is able to break free of Mr. Mexico's chin lock and tries to crawl to the corner but Mr. Mexico cuts him off. Mr. Mexico picks Keirn up to try and suplex him but Keirn blocks it and hits a suplex of his own! Both men crawl to their corner and Keirn gets there first and makes the tag to Stan Lane! Lane comes in and cuts off Mr. Mexico from making a tag with and whips him into the ropes and then hits a big karate kick to his midsection and then another to his head that takes the masked man off his feet. Lane picks Mr. Mexico up off the mat and sets him up for the Russian Legsweep when suddenly Jose Lothario pulls brack knuckles out of his tights and runs in and BLASTS Stan Lane with him! Referee Jack Howe sees the brass knuckles on Jose's fist and immediately calls for the disqualification!

Steve Keirn runs in to try and save Stan Lane from further damage but Mr. Mexico leg dives him allowing Jose to nail Keirn with the brass knuckles as well! Jose starts motioning for the Piledriver as the crowd in The Junction begins to scream!

Steve Stack: No! Don't do that! They've injured everyone they've hit that Spike Piledriver on so far!

As Mr. Mexico starts to position Steve Keirn to piledrive him suddenly a huge cheer erupts from the crowd at The Junction as El Gran Apollo rushes into the ring! Apollo dropkicks Mr. Mexico as he has Keirn's head between his legs and Mr. Mexico goes flying backwards over the top rope! Jose Lothario take a wild swing at Apollo with the brass knuckles but El Gran Apollo ducks it and blasts Jose with a right hand of his own that puts Jose on the mat and he quickly rolls out of the ring! Mr. Mexico and Jose back away from the ringside area with Jose never taking his eyes off the ring, looking like he's seen a ghost as a fired up El Gran Apollo challenges him to come back into the ring!

Steve Stack: It's pandemonium here in The Junction! El Gran Apollo is back and I can only assume that's the man that Mil Mascaras was talking about! We're out of time, buy your tickets now for Sunday night's action at The HemisFair Arena! It's going to Mil Mascaras and El Gran Apollo teaming up against Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico, Bruiser Brody vs. Jim Duggan in a San Antonio Street Fight, The Fabulous Ones defend the Southwest Tag Team Titles against The Texas Dynasty and much much more! You won't want to miss it!

Cliff Notes version:

-The Fabulous Ones showed off their newly won Southwest Tag Team Titles and said The Texas Dynasty's rematch Sunday night was the only shot at the belts they would get

-Mr. Mexico and Jose Lothario interrupted The Fabs and complained about The Dynasty receiving a title shot before them when they just won a #1 contenders match

-The Fabs almost came to blows with Mr. Mexico and Jose at the interview area so Steve Stack sent in to a commercial break

-After the break Steve Stack announced that The Fabs would defend the tag titles against Jose & Mr. Mexico in the TV main event

-The Texas Dynasty came out and trashed both teams and threatened to ruin their match.

-David Von Erich vs. Ken Lucas for the TV Title ended in a DQ almost as soon as the match started as David refused to break a choke on Ken Lucas and kept shoving down the ref

-Eddie Gilbert tried to run out and help Ken Lucas only to get blasted in the back of the head by Sunshine's loaded purse and attacked by Tully Blanchard

-Stanley Blackburn came out and said he was kicking The Texas Dynasty out of The Junction for their actions and the ensure the integrity of the main event

-A video was sent in from Southeastern with Bill Ash talking about Jimmy Golden offering him $10,000 to come to Texas an injure Roy Lee Welch

-Roy Lee Welch gave an emotional interview about how it felt to have someone in his family put a bounty on him. He also expressed sadness that Robert Fuller didn't put a stop to it. But he vowed to send Bill Ash back to Alabama with a broken leg as a message to Jimmy Golden

-Yin & Yang defeated Ali Bey & Mike Fever in dominating fashion

-Lord Alfred Hayes announced that Sunday night would be the end of Steve Pardee's career as Steve Pardee had challenged The Avenger to a Career vs. Mask match!

-Steve Stack announced that Southwest had received a phone call from Mil Mascaras informing them he would be in San Antonio Sunday night with the partner he went looking for to face Mr. Mexico and Jose Lothario

-Jim Duggan talked about the Lumberjack match turning into more of a battle royal and how it led to a San Antonio Street fight with Bruiser Brody. He promised to walk out the winner.

-Bruiser Brody said the only thing he has in common with Sheik Adnan is a love of money. He vowed to collect enough money from Adnan to retire by ending Jim Duggan's career in their San Antonio Street Fight

-Bruiser Brody completely dominated Jimmy Doo and The Masked Wildfire in a handicap match and pinned them stacked on top of each other

-The Fabulous Ones defeated Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico by DQ to retain the Southwest Tag Team Titles after Jose Lothario hit Stan Lane with brass knuckles

-Jose & Mr. Mexico attempted to hit their Spike Piledriver on Steve Keirn but were thwarted when El Gran Apollo returned and attacked them before they could execute it!

Scheduled for Sunday, September 25th at the HemisFair Arena in San Antonio, TX

San Antonio Street Fight: Jim Duggan vs. Bruiser Brody
AWA Southwest Tag Team Titles: Texas Dynasty vs. The Fabulous Ones
Career vs. Mask: Steve Pardee vs. The Avenger
Mil Mascaras & El Gran Apollo vs. Mr. Mexico & Jose Lothario
Roy Lee Welch vs. Bill Ash
Ken Lucas & Eddie Gilbert vs. Mike Masters & Tiny Anderson
Yin, Yang & Mike Jackson vs. Terry Adonis, Bruiser Costa & The Canadian

You got more personality out of Bill Ash than I ever could. But Welch needs to be careful, Golden and Fuller run together. Great to finally see the Fabulous get the titles after weeks and weeks of trying.

I'm really glad you asked me about Bill Ash, it gives me something new for Welch to do and let me move on from the Eddy Mansfield feud without running it into the ground. The Welch/Fuller/Golden family feud saga is far from over that I can assure you.

Southwest Championship Wrestling @ San Antonio, TX - The HemisFair Arena 9/25/83

Yin, Yang & Mike Jackson vs. Terry Adonis, Bruiser Costa & The Canadian - Yang starts the match for his team against Terry Adonis and quickly grounds Adonis and starts totally dominating him on the mat. Yang goes for the Stretch Plum early but The Canadian runs in and BLASTS him with a huge boot to the face that puts Yang on his back and allows Adonis to crawl to the corner and make a tag to Bruiser Costa. Costa runs in and tries for his Senton on Yang for a quick victory but Yang rolls out of the way and makes it to his corner to tag in Mike Jackson. Jackson comes in and arm drags a charging Costa over and tries to work on the arm but Costa uses his weight advantage to turn Jackson over with a hip toss and then follows that up with a fat man elbow drop. Costa whips Jackson into his corner where Adonis and The Canadian quickly start pounding on him. Jackson starts to fight his way out of the corner when Costa comes charging in and takes him out with a clothesline. Bruiser Costa tags out to The Canadian who comes in and starts kicking and pounding on Mike Jackson. He tosses Jackson back in the corner where Adonis holds him for The Canadian to bounce off the ropes and come flying in with his big boot but Jackson moves at the last second and Adonis gets hit and goes flying off the apron! Bruiser Costa tags himself in and comes into the ring and starts arguing with The Canadian which allows Jackson to slip away and make the tag to Yin! Costa notices Jackson going to his corner and tries to charge and stop him but was too late and Yin vaults himself over the ropes and springboards onto Costa! The Canadian leaves the ring and walks back to the locker room leaving Costa alone as Adonis is totally knocked out on the arena floor! Yin overwhelms Costa with his speed and after catching him with an enziguri, Yin climbs to the top rope and comes off with a Flying Headbutt and makes the cover and gets the victory for his team!

Winners: Yin, Yang & Mike Jackson in 6:45 after a Flying Headbutt on Bruiser Costa by Yin

Mike Masters & Tiny Anderson vs. Eddie Gilbert & Ken Lucas - Mike Masters has Tiny Anderson do jumping jacks while they wait for Eddie Gilbert & Ken Lucas to come out, which causes Tiny Anderson to be out of breath before the match even starts. Masters starts shouting at him for his lack of cardio and decides to start the match himself due to Tiny sucking wind.

Ken Lucas & Mike Masters start the match with Masters doing his usual routine of flexing while avoiding contact. Lucas is fired up, likely due to the beating he took from The Texas Dynasty on TV and continues to chase after Masters only to be pushed back by the referee as Masters gets himself in the ropes. Finally Masters is able to bait Lucas into a trap and blasts the veteran with a big clothesline as the referee was pushing him back. Masters quickly follows up the advantage with a bodyslam and then tries a big leaping elbow drop but Lucas rolls out of the way and Masters lands hard on the mat. Masters gets up holding his arm which leaves him open for a big right hand from Lucas which staggers him and then Lucas grabs him and whips him into the ropes and ducks down for a back body drop but Masters stops himself and blasts Lucas in the face with a big kick. Masters then whips Lucas into his corner and tags out to Tiny Anderson. Masters holds Lucas in the corner from the apron while Tiny Anderson gets a running charge and splashes Lucas with an avalanche in the corner. Anderson puts a headlock on Lucas and grinds on him on the mat but Lucas rolls him into a pin and almost ends up with the 3 count as Anderson has a hard time getting his shoulder up due to his weight. Anderson decides he's too vulnerable down on the mat and pulls Lucas back up to his feet in the headlock and when Lucas tries to start breaking out with forearms to Anderson's back, Anderson shifts around to get the referee out of position and then blasts Lucas with a big punch that breaks his momentum. He does this a second time but gets caught by the referee who forces him to break the headlock! Anderson tries to maintain the advantage by whipping Lucas into the ropes and going for a back body drop but Lucas leapfrogs over him and makes the tag to Eddie Gilbert! Anderson tries charging at Gilbert but Gilbert side steps him and then blasts Tiny with a dropkick that staggers Anderson back into Gilbert & Lucas' corner. Gilbert climbs on top of him and blasts him with 10 punches and Tiny Anderson staggers forward and collapses. Gilbert goes for the cover but Masters runs in and boots him in the head to break it up. Masters gets pushed back to the apron by referee Juan Reynosa and he starts shouting at Anderson to make the tag. Anderson tries to make his way to the corner but Eddie Gilbert waist locks him from behind to stop him. Masters quickly tries to come into the ring which causes the referee to focus on him and Tiny Anderson takes advantage of the distraction by kicking backwards right between Gilbert's legs! Gilbert falls down holding his groin which allows Anderson to make it to his corner and tag in Mike Masters.

Masters comes in and tries to immediately cover Eddie Gilbert but Gilbert kicks out at the count of 2! Masters argues with the referee about a slow count and turns back around to see Gilbert crawling to the corner and Masters quickly cuts him of with an elbow drop to his back. Masters hits a body slam and a leaping elbow drop that this time connects and goes for a cover but Gilbert again is able to get his shoulder up before the count of 3. Masters picks Gilbert up and puts him in a bear hug! Ken Lucas cheers him on the from the corner and the crowd gets behind him as well but Gilbert starts to fade. The referee picks his arm up and it drops twice but on the 3rd time he's able to hold it up and starts punching away at Mike Masters and then rakes Masters' eyes to get out of the hold! Masters drops him and stumbles blindly towards his corner where he makes the tag but at the same time Gilbert has crawled to his corner and tagged in Ken Lucas! Lucas comes in and blasts Tiny Anderson with a punch that puts him on the mat and then ducks a charge from Mike Masters that sends Masters careening over the top rope! Anderson tries to catch Lucas with a cheapshot as he's turning around but Lucas ducks it and locks in the Sleeper Hold on Tiny Anderson! Eddie Gilbert runs around the outside and pulls Masters back down off the apron as he tries to get back in the ring to break the Sleeper Hold as the referee is checking Tiny Anderson's arm! It drops for the 3rd time and Eddie Gilbert and Ken Lucas are declared the winners!

Winners: Eddie Gilbert and Ken Lucas in 12:09 after Tiny Anderson passed out in Ken Lucas' Sleeper Hold

Bill Ash vs. Roy Lee Welch - Ash jumps Roy Lee Welch the second he enters the ring and immediately starts to pound on him! The referee calls for the bell and Ash starts off all over Welch! He whips Welch into the ropes and goes for a clothesline but Welch ducks and comes off the other side with a cross body but Ash quickly kicks out and takes right back over on Welch by catching him with a punch to the ear as Welch was getting back up. Ash starts to target the neck of Roy Lee Welch, clubbing him in the back of the neck with forearms which drops Welch to the mat and then dropping a knee on the back of his neck. Bill Ash pulls Welch up into a seated position and then puts a Lotus Lock on him, exerting tremendous pressure on Welch's neck! After looking like he's about to pass out from the pain Welch makes a last ditch effort to push back with his legs which causes him to end up on top of Ash with Ash's shoulders down on the mat, forcing Ash to break the hold in order to get out of the pinning predicament! Ash gets up angry and again starts pounding on the back of Welch's neck with clubbing forearms. Bill Ash sets Roy Lee Welch up for a Spinning Neckbreaker but Welch breaks out at the last second and gets a crucifix pin on Bill Ash that results in a 3 count!

Welch wins the match but Bill Ash immediately jumps on him and starts pounding on the back of his neck again! Bill Ash starts to put Welch back in the Lotus Hold when suddenly Ken Lucas, Eddie Gilbert and Mike Jackson run out and chase him off!

Winner: Roy Lee Welch in 7:27 after reversing a Swinging Neckbreaker into a crucifix pin

Mil Mascaras & El Gran Apollo vs. Mr. Mexico & Jose Lothario - El Gran Apollo starts the match against Mr. Mexico but keeps calling for Jose to get in the ring. Jose refuses to come in so Apollo tags out to Mil Mascaras. Mil gets ready to lock up with Mr. Mexico but Jose calls for the tag. Jose gets tagged in and immediately Apollo wants to come back in but Jose tells Mascaras not to tag him in. Jose tries to make peace with Mil Mascaras, offering him a handshake, telling him that El Gran Apollo is the outsider and that he, Mil and Mr. Mexico all share the same Chicano blood. Mil gets angry with Jose and shoves him away. Mascaras points at Mr. Mexico and shouts "embustero!" and he and El Gran Apollo get the Spanish speakers in the crowd to chant along, much to the chagrin of Jose and Mr. Mexico.

Mil turns his back on Jose for just a second to keep the crowd going with their chant and Jose takes the opportunity to blast him in the back of the head with a rabbit punch. Mil stumbles around into a series of jabs from Jose and then an uppercut and drops to the mat. Jose quickly climbs on top of him and starts hammering away on him. Jose makes the tag out to Mr. Mexico who quickly comes in and puts Mascaras in a front facelock. Every time Mascaras starts to work his way out of the hold, Mr. Mexico positions himself away from the referee where he can't see Mr. Mexico turning the front facelock into a choke. El Gran Apollo finally has enough of it and comes in and blasts Mr. Mexico with a right hand that breaks the hold but while the referee backs El Gran Apollo back into his corner, Jose and Mr. Mexico make an illegal switch and Jose puts Mascaras into a chin lock. Jose works the chin lock close to his corner where Mr. Mexico can add leverage by pressing his boot into Jose's back while he pulls back on the chin lock. Apollo keeps trying to tell the referee what's happening but he can't catch them in the act. Finally Mascaras starts to work his way back up to his feet and shoves Jose off and almost makes it to the corner before Jose cuts him off and brings him back into the center of the ring with a body slam. Jose picks him up for another but Mascaras slips out of it and rolls to the corner and makes a leaping tag to El Gran Apollo! Apollo comes charging into the ring after Jose Lothario but Jose rushes out of the ring through the ropes! The referee holds Apollo back from following him outside and Jose motions to Mr. Mexico to follow him to the back! Jose and Mr. Mexico walk out of the match as El Gran Apollo is in the ring furious! He tries to call them back into the ring but the referee reaches the 10 count and El Gran Apollo and Mil Mascaras win the match by count out!

Winners: Mil Mascaras & El Gran Apollo by count out in 9:44 after Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico walked out of the match

Career vs. Mask: Steve Pardee vs. The Avenger - The Avenger started the match wanting a test of strength but Steve Pardee was wary. The Avenger finally goaded him into it and then once they locked up The Avenger immediately kicked Pardee in the stomach and put him in a headlock. Pardee quickly managed to push The Avenger back into the ropes and force a break but The Avenger blasted Pardee with a right hand while the referee was breaking them up and started pounding on him with forearms and kicks. The Avenger put Pardee into another headlock and after a long struggle to push himself and The Avenger to the ropes, The Avenger let go and cut him off with a big right hand! Pardee fell to the mat and The Avenger tried to follow up with a knee drop but Pardee rolled out of the way and The Avenger crashed into the mat! The Avenger got up limping a bit and Pardee followed up the advantage by drop kicking him in the knee and then putting him in a half boston crab while he was down on the mat! The Avenger fought and clawed his way to the ropes with Lord Alfred Hayes helping him by pushing the bottom rope inwards while the referee wasn't looking, allowing The Avenger to grab onto it and force a break. While the referee was getting Pardee to break the hold, Lord Alfred slipping something into the mask of The Avenger! The Avenger got up and tried to punch Steve Pardee but Pardee blocked it and came back with a punch of his own but ended up only hurting his hand on whatever was inside The Avenger's mask! The Avenger grabbed Pardee and slammed him down and tried for a falling headbutt but Pardee again rolled out of the way! The Avenger got up groggy and Steve Pardee tried to grab him for the Bulldog but The Avenger lifted him up like he was going to do an atomic drop and then just launched him forward and Pardee ended up flying into referee Juan Reynosa! Lord Alfred jumped up on the apron and started shouting instructions at The Avenger! The Avenger tried to grab Pardee but Pardee slipped through his legs and when The Avenger turned around, Pardee whipped him into Lord Alfred and their heads smashed together! The Avenger staggered backwards and Pardee tried another Bulldog, this time connecting! Steve Pardee went for the cover and Juan Reynosa groggily made the count of 3!

Winner: Steve Pardee in 9:02 after a Bulldog!

After the match, The Avenger tried to leave to slip out of the ring without unmasking but Steve Pardee grabbed him and hit another Bulldog on him! Steve Pardee then took off The Avenger's mask himself, revealing him to be Moose Morowski!

AWA Southwest Tag Team Titles: Texas Dynasty vs. The Fabulous Ones - Texas Dynasty try to jump The Fabs as soon as they come in the ring still in their jackets but The Fabs fight them off and send them running for cover outside the ring. The Fabs take off the Southwest Tag Team Titles and their jackets while The Texas Dynasty and Sunshine have a strategy session on the outside. Finally David Von Erich gets in the ring to start the match and referee Jack Howe rings the bell.

Keirn and DVE have a brawl with Keirn getting the better of it. David backs off and tries for a handshake and Keirn obliges only to beat David to the sucker punch and then start pounding on him! Keirn then whips David into the ropes. Keirn drops down and then David leap frogs him on the second go around and then the two wind up criss crossing for a bit before David catches Keirn with a high knee. David whips Keirn into the corner and then he and Tully make quick tags and work over Keirn for a few minutes. Keirn is able to turn the tide after Tully gets tagged in and he and David attempt a double clothesline on Keirn but Keirn dugs it and then hits a flying clothesline on both men on the return! Keirn crawls to the corner and makes the tag out to Stan Lane who comes in on fire, taking Tully and David both down with karate kicks. Lane gets Tully isolated in The Fabs' corner and Stan and Steve make quick tags, switching off an an armbar while getting in some punches and kicks on Tully along the way. Finally Tully is able to slip away from them as they attempt an armbar switch and Lane goes chasing after him only to run into The Dynasty's corner and get caught in their trap. Tully and David do the same thing to Lane that The Fabs were doing to Tully, making quick tags and then settle into David working on Lane with an abdominal stretch with Sunshine also distracting the referee to allow them to get extra leverage on the abdominal stretch with Tully pulling back on David's free arm. Finally Lane is able to hiptoss his way out of the abdominal stretch of David and starts to crawl towards the corner only for Tully to run in at the last second and cause the referee to miss his tag out to Steve Keirn! David and Tully make an illegal switch while the referee is busy trying to get Steve Keirn to go back out on the apron. Tully pulls Lane back into the Dynasty's corner and puts him back in the abdominal stretch. Stan Lane once again manages to hiptoss his way out of it but Tully gets in front of him and tries to cut him off from the corner only for Lane to quickly dive through Tully's legs and make the tag to Steve Keirn!

Steve Keirn comes in a man possessed! He tosses David Von Erich out through the ropes as David tries to come in off the apron and cut him off and then whips Tully into the ropes and comes off the other side with the Flying Forearm! Tully ducks at the last second however and Steve Keirn ends up flying into referee Jack Howe! Steve Keirn is distracted trying to revive him and Tully motions for Sunshine's purse! Sunshine goes to give it to him when suddenly Eddie Gilbert and Ken Lucas appear and carry her and her purse off the locker room! Tully starts having a fit as he watches Sunshine being carried off and turns back around just in time to get blasted by a Flying Forearm from Steve Keirn! Keirn goes for the cover but the referee is still down! David Von Erich comes in with a chair and goes to smash it on Keirn's head but Stan Lane comes in and cuts him off with a big karate kick! Stan grabs David Von Erich and hits a Russian Legsweep on him and then dumps him out of the ring and goes out after him, mounting him and raining down punches on him.

Suddenly Mr. Saito comes from out of the crowd and gets behind Steve Keirn while he's trying to revive Jack Howe who is still knocked out! Mr. Saito grabs Keirn and hits a Saito Suplex on him! Saito leaves the ring and pulls Stan Lane off of David Von Erich and runs Lane's head into the ring post then takes off through the crowd again! Tully crawls and puts one arm over Keirn's body as Jack Howe finally starts to stir and sees the pin. Howe slowly makes the count but Keirn is totally out from the Saito Suplex and the count of 3 is made! The Texas Dynasty have regained the Southwest Tag Team Titles!

Winners and NEW AWA Southwest Tag Team Champions: The Texas Dynasty in 18:33 after interference from Mr. Saito

San Antonio Street Fight: Jim Duggan vs. Bruiser Brody - Jim Duggan comes to the ring dressed in jeans, boots and a bandanna while Bruiser Brody wears his regular wrestling gear but brings a 2x4 out to the ring with him! Brody gets on the apron and swings the 2x4 at Duggan, but the 'Hacksaw' grabs it and they have a tug of war over it but Brody shoves forward and jams the 2x4 into Duggan's gut which causes Duggan to double over and then Brody blasts him across the back with it! Duggan goes down to one knee and Brody smashes Duggan in the head with the 2x4 which puts Duggan down on the mat. Brody covers Duggan for the quick pin but Duggan kicks out at the count of 2 and Brody starts stomping on him. Duggan tries to get back up to his feet only to eat a big dropkick from Brody that sends the 'Hacksaw' flying back into the corner. Brody follows him into the corner and starts biting on Duggan's forehead! Referee Juan Reynosa is helpless to stop it as there are no rules in the match! Brody goes to whip Duggan across the ring into the opposite corner but Duggan reverses it and Brody crashes hard into turnbuckles. Duggan comes charging in after him but Brody gets a big boot up and nails Duggan in the face with it. Brody follows up with punches and overhand chops as Duggan staggers around the ring, his face getting bloodier by the moment. Brody has Duggan staggered against the ropes and comes charging in at him but Duggan lowers his shoulder and ends up back body dropping Brody right over the top rope! Duggan tries to recover while Brody gets back up on the outside and grabs his leg and pulls him out.

Duggan and Brody start exchanging punches out of the floor and Duggan gets the better of the exchange until Brody pokes him in the eyes and then slams his head into the steel ring post! Brody goes for a cover out on the floor but Duggan is able to kick out before the count of 3 and Brody tries to ram his head into the steel post again but this time Duggan gets his hands up and blocks it! Brody tries again but Duggan continues to block it and then grabs Brody and slams HIS head into the steel post! Brody goes stumbling backward and Duggan picks up the wooden steps and smashes them into Brody's face which sends Brody flying backward into the barricade. The fans in that area scatter as Duggan comes charging at Brody and hits a Spear which causes that section of the barricade to break lose, sending both men flying into the first 2 rows of chairs! Both men are down and tangled up in chairs. The both start to slowly get up, with Duggan getting up first and pounding on Brody as he pulls him back towards the ring by his hair. Duggan tries to slam Brody's head into the ring apron but Brody blocks it and slams Duggan's head in the apron instead. Brody reaches under the ropes and grabs the 2x4 and pulls it out but Duggan grabs the other end and they start to have another tug of war with it. This time Brody lets go, catching Duggan by surprise and sending him flying backwards. Brody quickly grabs the wooden ring steps gets ready to charge at Duggan as he's getting back up. Duggan gets up with the 2x4 in hand however and sees Brody coming in and at right moment readies the 2x4 low like a jousting lance and catches Brody in the knee which causes Brody to stumble and then fall backwards with the steps landing on top of him! Duggan quickly runs and splashes the ring steps and straddles himself on top of them and Juan Reynosa counts Bruiser Brody's shoulders down for the count of 3!

Winner: Jim Duggan in 10:50 after pinning Brody while he was trapped under the heavy wooden steps

The crowd in the HemisFair Arena goes wild as Duggan is declared the winner! Duggan gives high fives to the fans in the aisle as he heads back to the locker room while Brody starts to stir from under the ring steps! Brody starts to argue with the referee for counting him down while he was under the steps and then smashes referee Juan Reynosa in the face with a big punch! Brody grabs a ringside chair and smashes it over Reynosa's head and then heads back to the other locker room as Juan Reynosa is left bleeding on the floor of The HemisFair Arena.

Interesting finish to the main. Saito as the new lackey should prove to be a lot of fun. The Fabs finally giving the Dynasty the whuppin' they deserve should be more fun. That Pardee character continues to be a thorn in Lord Parv's side. Not sure Mr. mexico and Jose are ever going to get theirs, they seems to know when to run away.

Taped at The Junction in San Antonio, TX on 9/26

Southwest Championship Wrestling airing on Saturday 10/1 in local markets

-Show intro-

Steve Stack: Welcome to another edition of Southwest Championship Wrestling! Like every week we have an exciting hour of action in store but before we get to any of that, I have a big announcement to make. Due to the actions of Bruiser Brody on Sunday night, attacking referee Juan Reynosa with a steel chair after his loss to Jim Duggan, Stanley Blackburn has suspended Bruiser Brody indefinitely! This means that both men that Sheik Adnan has hired as mercenaries have both been suspended and who knows what the Sheik's response to this will be. But we're about to find out what 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan's response is because here he comes right now!

JjawfbU.jpg?1

Jim Duggan: I told everyone last week that the 'Hacksaw' was going to cut the big bad Bruiser Brody down to size and that's just what happened in our San Antonio Street Fight last Sunday night! Not taking anything away from the man, it was maybe the toughest fight I've ever been in but I came out with my hand raised. Now it looks like the Sheik hasn't run out of money but he has run out of men. So now with that out of the way there's only one thing I want to do. And that's beat Tully Blanchard for the Southwest Heavyweight Title! These people deserve a Southwest champion that they can be proud of and I'm not sure even Tully's own mother can be proud of him. I know Tully is never going to accept my challenge on his own, so let me put it to Stanley Blackburn instead. The people want to see that match and you're the one who can make it happen, so let's get it done!

-Jim Duggan walks off from the interview area

Steve Stack: Well fans there you have it! Jim Duggan has made his intentions known, he wants a shot at the Southwest Heavyweight Title held by Jim Duggan and we'll see if we can get a response from Tully Blanchard later in the hour. Right now we have to take our first commercial break, but don't go away because when we come back we'll talk about how The Texas Dynasty got the Southwest Tag Team Titles back in their possession and we'll get a look at Bill Ash in action against newcomer to the area, Josh Stroud!

-First commercial break-

DBAKk1n.jpg?1Mh6Eyz2.jpg?1 HjRidln.jpg?1

Steve Stack: We're back and they weren't scheduled to come out here yet but here they are, The Texas Dynasty and their newest ally Mr. Saito.

Tully Blanchard: We heard you say you were going to talk about how we got the Southwest Tag Team Titles back and we wanted to make sure you didn't tell any lies out here. We know how you're biased in favor of The Fabulous Ones so we didn't want you out here making any excuses for them.

David Von Erich: The reason that we have OUR Southwest Tag Team Titles back is because we're the better team, plain and simple. They got one lucky fluke win and as you can see, we rectified that last Sunday night. We've beaten The Fabs more times than I can remember now and it's time to move on, we're facing a different team this Sunday night and as far as I'm concerned we're finished defending these titles against The Fabulous Ones.

Steve Stack: So it doesn't have anything to do with Mr. Saito interfering in the match and dropping Steve Keirn on his head?

Mr. Saito: Hey I Japanese wrestler! I have honor, I never interfere in match like cheating American.

Tully Blanchard: That's right Steve Stack! Don't insult this man's honor, he's the finest athlete, the finest wrestler that Japan has ever produced and now he's here in Texas.

Steve Stack: Well let me ask just WHY he is now here in Texas and obviously aligned with yourself and David Von Erich?

David Von Erich: That's simple Steve Stack. Not only are Tully and I the hottest tag team in all of professional wrestling, we also come to the ring with the hottest woman in all of Texas, and maybe the world, my girlfriend Sunshine. And you saw last Sunday night what happens if we don't have a bodyguard by her side, some disgusting lowlifes like Eddie Gilbert & Ken Lucas came down to the ring to carry Sunshine back to the dressing room to try and do who knows what to her!

Steve Stack: Now let's not get carried away David, they carried her away from ringside to keep her from interfering in the match and hitting one of The Fabulous Ones with her loaded purse the way she's done in recent weeks to both Eddie Gilbert and Ken Lucas.

David Von Erich: You're right Steve Stack, let's not get carried away and have you interrupt me again. Eddie Gilbert and Ken Lucas put their hands on MY woman and they are going to pay this Sunday night because one or both of them isn't going to be walking away from the ring and that's a promise.

Steve Stack: David you're defending you TV Title in the main event today against a young man who has been very successful since his arrival here in Southwest Championship Wrestling, Steve Pardee. Do you have any thoughts on your opponent today?

David Von Erich: Yea he might have had some success against the old, out of shape relics that Lord Alfred Hayes keeps digging up. But today he's got to face someone in the very prime of their career, someone who doesn't wrestle at half speed or who is twice his age. I'm not too concerned about Steve Pardee and I'm confident I'll be leaving the ring still the Southwest Television Champion.

Steve Stack: Well before you two go, Tully do you have an answer to the challenge by Jim Duggan?

Tully Blanchard: I don't have time right now to concern myself with Jim Duggan and as far as I'm concerned he still hasn't proven himself worth of a shot at my Southwest Heavyweight Title. But if he really wants to get me in the ring, he'll have to accept a challenge coming at his direction first. A challenge from my good friend Mr. Saito.

-Tully and David walk off

Mr. Saito: Jim Duggan you challenge my friend Tully Blanchard but you no deserve a title match. You don't do nothing, you don't beat nobody and you never can beat me. All Japan wrestling fan want to see what Saito doing here, everywhere I go photographer from Japan follow me and take picture my matches. I'm number one karate, number one judo, number one wrestler and if you step in ring with me I break you! Now I want to show you how strong is Mr. Saito!. You give me two American wrestler in the ring now and I beat them like nothing! 2 American wrestler can not beat the number one wrestler from Japan and I show you right now!

-Mr. Saito heads down to the ring

Steve Stack: Fans we were scheduled to have Bill Ash vs. Josh Stroud as our first match on TV today but I don't think Mr. Saito is going to leave the ring until he gets his wish and has a handicap match so let's see if we have anyone who was ready for a standby match that is willing to come out here and wrestle him.

Mike Fever & Jimmy Doo vs. Mr. Saito -

Mr. Saito attacks both men as soon as the bell rings and lights them up with chops. He dumps Mike Fever on his head with a Saito Suplex and then makes Jimmy Doo submit to the Japanese Sleeper.

Steve Stack: Well Mr. Saito might not have been telling the truth about his involvement in the tag team title change but he certainly seemed to be telling the truth about his ability. He just took out two men in less than a minute and his version of the Sleeper looks to be very deadly. Our format is kind of out of the window now but when we come back hopefully we'll talk to Eddie Gilbert and Ken Lucas about their Southwest Tag Team Title match this Sunday night and see Bill Ash facing off against Josh Stroud.

IxlEswg.jpg & Z3Yuj1W.jpg?1
Steve Stack: Welcome back to Southwest Championship Wrestling and standing with me now are the two men who will face The Texas Dynasty for the Southwest Tag Team Titles in the main event this Sunday night, Eddie Gilbert and Ken Lucas! Now we've seen you two have your problems with The Texas Dynasty in singles competition over the past few weeks but this is your first time facing them together as a team, what do you plan to do to counteract their tendency to do anything and everything to walk out of the ring with their titles?

Ken Lucas: You said it Steve Stack, they aren't afraid to stoop to the absolute depths to keep their belts including having a woman doing their dirty work for them with a loaded purse. We tried to keep that from happening to The Fabulous Ones last Sunday night but they still had another trick up their sleeve with Mr. Saito coming from out of nowhere. There's really nothing we can do to account for their tricks except to try to have eyes in the back of our head.

Eddie Gilbert: Maybe people are going to count us out because we don't have a woman in our corner with a brick in their purse or a big goon to run in and drop our opponents on their head. But what we have that The Texas Dynasty don't have is heart and we're used to being counted out and still finding a way. I don't think a lot of people expected me to beat Charlie Cook weeks ago on this TV program but I did and now Charlie Cook is gone and I'm still here, getting ready to strap one of the Southwest Tag Team Titles around my waist this Sunday night!

-Suddenly The Fabulous Ones come out

4oPuTGq.jpg?1

Steve Keirn: We didn't come out here to start trouble, first of all we wanted to thank you guys for trying to help us last Sunday night by removing Sunshine from ringside. But you know just like we do that we were cheated out of the Southwest Tag Team Titles and we feel like it's not right for anyone, even a worthy team like you guys, to get a shot at those belts before we get our rematch.

Ken Lucas: We don't have anything to do with that Steve, we don't make the matches.

Stan Lane: We know that and we talked to Stanley Blackburn once we found out that we didn't get a rematch and he said that if you two agreed to step aside this week that he would put us in your place. And once we beat The Texas Dynasty and take back the Southwest Tag Team Titles, we'll give you two the first shot at them.

Ken Lucas: You guys are putting me on the spot here, but we have our own issue with The Texas Dynasty. We feel we're deserving of a title shot and we already have the contract. We've been training hard all week to face The Texas Dynasty and we don't want to give up our match. I'm sorry guys but we're not going to give up our match.

Steve Keirn: Well if you won't give it up why don't we fight over it? The format for today's show is already thrown out the window, we'll go get in the ring right now and settle it that way.

Ken Lucas: Hey come on guys we're not gonna put our title shot on the line like that, we've already got it guaranteed in writing. We're sorry you guys feel screwed over by Stanley Blackburn but we didn't have anything to do with it and we're not going to stand our here and get sucked into a fight, let's go Eddie.

-Ken Lucas and Eddie Gilbert walk off from the interview area, leaving The Fabulous Ones fuming

Stan Lane: Well that's just great! Why do they get a title shot ahead of us when we already beat The Texas Dynasty and they had to steal the belts back from us by having Mr. Saito come down and help them?!

Steve Stack: Guys I can't answer that question but you can't really fault them for not wanting to give up their title shot. I've got you two facing Yin & Yang this Sunday night on my lineup for the HemisFair Arena and with them being undefeated in the area I'm sure if you guys win that match you'll be right back in the main event against The Texas Dynasty next week.

Steve Keirn: We don't want to wait until next week! We should have been given our rematch this week and if Yin & Yang can speak English they should be calling Stanley Blackburn to get out of that match because whoever we step in the ring with this Sunday night is going to get our frustrations taken out on their hide!

-The Fabulous Ones storm off from the interview area

Steve Stack: Alright well let's try and send it down to the ring now for Josh Stroud vs. Bill Ash before my format sheet gets even more out of wack!

Josh Stroud vs. Bill Ash

Josh Stroud puts up a valiant effort against Bill Ash but the aggressive tactics of Ash eventually overwhelm him. Ash doubles Josh Stroud over after a kick to gut and then hooks his leg around Stroud's and turns Stroud over on his back in a very strange and painful looking submission hold. Stroud immediately submits but Ash refuses to release the hold right away and pulls back harder on it until Josh Stroud screams in agony and Ash finally lets go.

Steve Stack: That's one of the strangest, most painful submission holds I have ever seen! I have no idea what that move is called but I think Bill Ash just broke that young man's leg! Look at the pain and agony on Josh Stroud's face, something is seriously wrong with his leg! Fans we have to go to a commercial break but I hope we can give you some kind of information on that move and Josh Stroud's condition when we come back.

-Third commercial break-

hc5IzrH.jpg?1

Steve Stack: Fans we're back and with me now is Roy Lee Welch who tells me he can identify just what that submission hold was.

Roy Lee Welch: Steve I know exactly what that move is, and I know just how devastating it can be in the wrong hands. Unfortunately I can only confirm your suspicions because I know with the way that Bill Ash put that move on that there is no way that he didn't break Josh Stroud's leg. That move is something I've only ever seen from 3 men all of them in my family. That move is called the Fuller Leglock and it was created by my uncle Buddy Fuller and passed down to his sons Robert and Ron Fuller. The fact that Bill Ash has the audacity to use that hold disgusts me but the reality of the matter is there is no way he taught himself how to do that move. He had to have been taught that hold by my cousin Robert or my cousin Ron and for either one of them to teach him that move solely to come down to Texas and use it on me breaks my heart. But it's NOT going to break my leg! There's no way Bill Ash is going to get that move on me and my Spinning Toe Hold is just as capable of breaking a leg as the Fuller Leglock and Bill Ash is going to find that out this Sunday night!

-Roy Lee Welch leaves the interview area and Terry Adonis & Bruiser Costa come in

LmXoDEm.jpg?1

Bruiser Costa: Hold on Steve Stack! I'll introduce us! You people are looking at the best kept secret in Southwest Championship Wrestling! We've been teaming here for over a month now and this is the first time we've been given any TV time?! That's a joke and you know it Steve Stack!

Steve Stack: Look I don't have anything to do with that you'll have to take that up with Stanley Blackburn! You two did ask me for a moment to make a challenge to The Canadian after what happened last week at The HemisFair Arena and even with the format going out the window today I still made sure you got your time so go ahead and make your challenge.

Bruiser Costa: Hey we're out here and this is our time for as long as we say it's our time so don't rush me! Last week at The HemisFair Arena we got stuck teaming with the masked goof The Canadian in a 6 man tag and he had the nerve to boot my partner Terry Adonis in the fact and then run off when I demanded he explain himself! Well Canadian, if that's even your real name, you aren't gonna be able to run from us this week because I'm calling you out! You find any partner who is stupid enough to team with a snake like you and meet us in the ring Sunday night where we are gonna beat your brains in and take that mask off you and expose your ugly face to the world! Now you can move on with your precious format sheet Steve Stack, the best part of the show is over because we're out of here!

-Terry Adonis and Bruiser Costa leave the interview area and Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico come in

idI08zd.jpg?2 UE92ROF.png?1

Steve Stack: And now before we have to take our next break I want to bring in Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico and talk to them about their match last week against Mil Mascaras and El Gran Apollo and their rematch against then this Sunday night. Jose, I know you're going to argue with me about this but there is no other way to put it in my mind, you and Mr. Mexico ran from the ring last Sunday night rather than wrestle El Gran Apollo.

Jose Lothario: Of course I'm going to argue with you Steve Stack, once again you are out here lying about me because you are the leader of the Mil Mascaras fan club and I guess now you're getting ready to start one for El Gran Apollo. The real reason I left the ring rather than lockup with El Gran Apollo is that I was doing it for his own safety.

Steve Stack: You are saying you walked out of the match for El Gran Apollo's sake?

Jose Lothario: Yes, do you suddenly not understand English? Necesito decirlo en español para ti?

Steve Stack: No, that's ok I understand English just fine but why are saying it was for Apollo's sake?

Jose Lothario: Because I told you weeks ago the man is a nothing, a nobody, a punk who shouldn't even be in this sport. I would know best I took him under my wing and tried to mentor him before I realize he has nothing between his ears but dirt. If he and I were to wrestle each other I would destroy him, it would be like a trained pit bull fighting a chihuahua. I gave him a week's reprieve to forget the lies he was told by Mil Mascaras, to forget his false dreams of being able to get revenge on me for how I humiliated him before I turn them into a nightmare. But the fool, the tonto that he is he asked for a rematch and now the contract is signed and we will be in the ring against each other again this Sunday night. Well let me tell you something Steve Stack all these people who are still cheering for El Gran Apollo when their real hero, Mr. Mexico, is standing right beside me better come down to the HemisFair Arena Sunday night. Because it is the last time they will ever have the chance to see El Gran Apollo in the ring because after he gets hit with the Spike Piledriver he will be lucky if he ever walks again much less steps into a wrestling ring.

-Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico leave

Steve Stack: Those are some tough words from Jose Lothario and we'll see if he has any intentions of backing them up because he certainly didn't seem ready to do so last week. We've got to take another time out for our sponsors but don't go away because when we come back we'll not only talk to Mil Mascaras and El Gran Apollo but we will see them in action!

-Fourth commercial break-

BaDztba.jpg?1 & FD7xy62.jpg?1

Steve Stack: We're back on Southwest Championship Wrestling and before we talk to Mil Mascaras and El Gran Apollo and see them in action I wanted to get a quick word with Mike Masters and Tiny Anderson. Mike I heard a rumor that you've sworn off teaming with Tiny Anderson again until he gets in better shape, is that true?

Mike Masters: Yes it's true! I'm sick of this big load weighing me down! If I had a partner who could pull his own weight, or one who had a loss less of it to pull, I'd be one half of the tag team champions by now! This Sunday night I got a rematch with Steve Pardee and I'm gonna right the wrong of what happened a few weeks ago when Lord Alfred Hayes and one of his grumpy old men caused me to lose by DQ. I'm gonna make Steve Pardee submit or pass out in the Full Nelson and Tiny Anderson is going to have a chance to prove himself worthy of the time I've taken to train him up by facing a newcomer to the area, some guy named 'Thunderbolt' Larry Hamilton.

Steve Stack: Well he's not just "some guy" he's a former AAU amateur wrestling champion and a fine athlete who has been making a name for himself in the Alabama area as of late.

Mike Masters: He's just some nobody to me, I never heard of him! And Tiny, you better make sure you win this match! I'm not even going to waste my time coming down to ringside to be in your corner, if you can't beat this guy on your own then I'm done wasting my time on you.

-Mike Masters and Tiny Anderson leave the interview area and Mil Mascaras and El Gran Apollo come in

RTByloo.jpg?1 xi8XZep.jpg?1

Steve Stack: I know you two heard what Jose Lothario had to say out here earlier so let me just ask you your thoughts on his comments and your rematch against Jose and Mr. Mexico this Sunday night.

Mil Mascaras: Steve you and I both know, and all these people know that Jose Lothario is a liar. This man beside me is a great young athlete, a wrestler who is destined to become a great hero to our people and Jose is only jealous that his star can't shine forever. Instead of trying to help the next generation of Spanish speaking stars he wants to tear one down and put that impostor under the mask of my country. Well now all that is finished. The Spike Piledrivers are over, the injuries that he inflicted on Omar Atlas and Mando Guerrero will not be inflicted on El Gran Apollo or myself. This Apollo's fight and my fight and together we will win it.

El Gran Apollo: I am sorry but I no have the words in English to say what I feel in my heart. So I only can say it in Spanish so Jose can understand me.

José tu me humillaste. Yo confie en ti. Tu fuistes mi mentor y yo pensaba que juntos seríamos campeones. Pero tu orgullo y los celos arruinaron todo eso. No pensé que tenía la fuerza para luchar contra ti. Pero Mil Mascaras me convenció que regresara a Texas y pelear. No sólo para mí sino para el orgullo de mi pueblo que has insultado.Yo no deseo lastimarte de la forma en que has lastimado Omar Atlas o Mando Guerrero. Pero quiero hacerte sentir el dolor que sentí cuando me traicionaste. No sólo en tu cuerpo, pero en tu mente y en tu corazón. Este Domingo si corres te voy a perseguir y voy a tener mi venganza sobre ti. Y si el impostor a tu lado intenta detenerme voy a arrancar la máscara de su rostro y exponerlo por el fraude que es.

Steve Stack: Mil I didn't have time to ask Rapido to come out here and translate for me, could you tell me what Apollo just said?

Mil Mascaras: Steve his words will be understood by those who need to understand them the most, Jose Lothario and our people who he has insulted. If you really want to understand what he said, be in the HemisFair Arena Sunday night and you will see clearly with your eyes what your ears did not understand.

Steve Stack: Well fans I'm sorry we couldn't get a full translation for you for what Apollo said but I'm quite certain you can tell from the emotion in his voice that he's looking for revenge on Jose Lothario. Let's send it down to the ring now where Ali Bey & Juan Reynosa are waiting to take on Mil Mascaras and El Gran Apollo!

Ali Bey & Juan Reynosa vs. El Gran Apollo & Mil Mascaras -

Mil started the match against Ali Bey and quickly took him down to the mat and started grinding on him with a front facelock. Ali Bey managed use his weight and low center of gravity to push his way to the corner and tag Juan Reynosa in who came in charging at Mascaras, but Mil quickly let go of the facelock on Ali Bey and arm dragged Juan Reynosa over and put him in an arm bar. Mascaras dragged him over to the corner and then tagged El Gran Apollo in who quickly took control of the arm bar from Mil Mascaras. Juan Reynosa tried to pull Apollo's hair to get out of the arm bar but Apollo body slammed him down and then hit him with a big dropkick as he scrambled back to his feet. As Reynosa was getting back to his feet, El Gran Apollo quickly climbed up to the top rope and came off with a Flying Cross Body and pinned Juan Reynosa for the count of 3.

Steve Stack: El Gran Apollo looks fired up and ready for action this Sunday night! Ladies and gentleman don't even think about changing that channel because when we come back we'll have our main event of the program with David Von Erich defending the Southwest Television Title against the bane of Lord Alfred Hayes' existence, Steve Pardee!

Steve Stack: We're back on Southwest Championship Wrestling and before we head to the ring for our TV Title match I'd like to get a quick word with the challenger, Steve Pardee! Steve we've seen you defeat everyone that Lord Alfred Hayes has brought in to battle you so far in Moose Cholak, Stan Stasiak and now you've unmasked The Avenger and revealed him to be Moose Morowski. Do you feel your days of battling Lord Alfred's men are over?

Steve Pardee: Well that's question better answered by Lord Alfred Hayes but I can only hope so. I'd like to move on with my career now and hopefully I'll do that today by becoming the Southwest Television Champion.

Steve Stack: Well you've certainly got a tough competitor you'll have to beat to achieve that goal in David Von Erich. What do you think about David's comments that you've been wrestling people who are perhaps a bit past their prime and that you're not prepared to face someone at the top of their game like he is?

Steve Pardee: I don't want to run down any of the men I've faced over the past few months, they've all been tough competitors and none of them have been easy matches but there is some truth to what he's saying. Lord Alfred's men have been on the downswing of their career more than coming up but that doesn't mean I'm not ready to face someone like David Von Erich. I look forward to the challenge and I know if I can get him in the Bulldog that was taught to me by Scott Casey then I'll leave here today as the Southwest TV Champion.

-Steve Pardee heads down to the ring

Steve Stack: Well good luck to you and good luck in your match this Sunday night against Mike Masters. Alright ladies and gentlemen it's time for our main event so let's not waste any more time and send it down to the ring where Steve Pardee is just now stepping through the ropes and awaiting the arrival of the champion, David Von Erich.

Steve Pardee vs. David Von Erich w/Sunshine - Southwest TV Title match -

David Von Erich suckers Steve Pardee into a handshake and then cheap shots him and puts him in a headlock. David gets cocky and starts talking trash to the crowd and Steve Pardee slips out of the headlock and quickly grabs one of his own! David pushes his way into the ropes and Pardee quickly breaks and backs away. David motions for a lockup but quickly puts a knee into Pardee's stomach and puts the headlock back on him. Pardee slips out again and waistlocks David and then takes him down to the mat. Pardee tries to ride David's back but David quickly spins out and gets back to his face and faces off with Pardee. David mimes that he's impressed by Pardee and goes for another handshake but Pardee slaps his hand away. They lockup and this time David grabs a headlock and takes Pardee over onto his back but Pardee quickly transitions into a head scissors on DVE. David manages to slip out of the head scissors and then blasts Pardee with a big right hand as Pardee is getting up. David grabs Pardee and whips him into the ropes and then drops his head for a back body drop but Pardee leap frogs over him and when David looks up confused and then turns around into a big dropkick from Steve Pardee! David gets back up quickly and comes charging at Pardee but gets caught in an arm drag and then Pardee controls him on the mat with an arm bar. David works his way back up to his feet and buries a knee into Pardee's stomach and then whips him off into the ropes and tries for another back body drop but Pardee leaps over him again, this time into a sunset flip attempt! David is about to go over but then he reaches down and gouges Pardee's eyes!

Referee Jack Howe admonishes David for going after Pardee's eyes but David maintains his advantage by stomping right on Pardee's face! David tries to put the claw on Pardee but Pardee wrestles with David's arm, pushing it away and David cuts him off by kneeing him in the gut again and then whipping him into the ropes and blasting him with a high knee! David goes for the cover near the ropes and Pardee gets his foot on the rope at the count of 2 but Sunshine quickly knocks it off the rope before the referee sees it and he counts the 3! Pardee argues with the referee about Sunshine knocking his foot off the rope but Jack Howe says he didn't see it and declares David Von Erich the winner and still Southwest Television Champion!

Steve Stack: That's no way to defend a championship! David Von Erich should be embarrassed to win a match that way and I hope that Steve Pardee will get a rematch, maybe even right here next week! Well fans we're out of time but don't miss your chance to see a huge night of action at the HemisFair Arena as The Texas Dynasty defend the Southwest Tag Team Titles against Eddie Gilbert and Ken Lucas, 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan squares off against Mr. Saito, Mil Mascaras and El Gran Apollo take on Jose Lothario and Mr. Mexico, The Fabulous Ones do battle with Yin and Yang and much much more! And make sure to tune in next week for more Southwest Championship Wrestling because you never know just what might happen in the most exciting hour of professional wrestling television on the planet!

Cliff Notes Version:

-Steve Stack announced that Bruiser Brody has been indefinitely suspended for hitting referee Juan Reynosa with a chair after the San Antonio Street Fight w/Jim Duggan

-Jim Duggan challenged Tully Blanchard to a Southwest Heavyweight Title match and asked Stanley Blackburn to force him into it because he knew Tully wouldn't accept

-The Texas Dynasty & Mr. Saito interrupted the show to brag about winning back the Southwest Tag Team Titles

-David Von Erich was pissed about Eddie Gilbert & Ken Lucas carrying Sunshine away from the ring last Sunday & promised that one or both of them would be pay severly

-David Von Erich mocked Steve Pardee as his challenger for the TV Title and said Pardee was used to facing old men past their prime and wasn't ready for him

-Tully refused Duggan's challenge for a Southwest Title match and instead Mr. Saito made his own challenge to Jim Duggan

-Mr. Saito demanded to face 2 Americans to prove his superiority to American wrestlers and squashed Mike Fever & Jimmy Doo in a handicap match that lasted less than a minute

-Eddie Gilbert & Ken Lucas talked about their upcoming Southwest Tag Team Title match against The Texas Dynasty

-The Fabulous Ones interrupted their interview and asked them to step aside so The Fabs could have a rematch for the titles they had stolen from them

-Ken Lucas refused to give up the Southwest Tag Team Title match and left the interview area when The Fabs challenged him to fight for it

-The Fabs were ticked off and said they were going to take it out on their opponents, Yin & Yang, Sunday night at The HemisFair Arena

-Bill Ash defeated Josh Stroud by submission and then broke his leg after the match by refusing to break the hold, later revealed to be The Fuller Leglock

-Roy Lee Welch revealed the unique hold that Ash used was The Fuller Leglock, only ever used by 3 men in professional wrestling his uncle Buddy & cousins Ron & Robert

-Welch said it hurt him to know someone in his family taught Ash that hold to use it to break his leg but promised to break Ash's leg instead

-Bruiser Costa challenged The Canadian to find a partner and face him & Terry Adonis Sunday night in response to The Canadian walking out of a 6 man tag the previous week

-Jose Lothario says he didn't run away from El Gran Apollo last Sunday, he simply tried to spare Apollo from injury but promised to end his career with the Spike Piledriver for demanding a rematch

-Mike Masters promised to avenge his DQ loss to Steve Pardee from a few weeks ago this Sunday and said if Tiny Anderson didn't defeat newcomer Larry Hamilton he would not longer be Anderson's mentor and training partner

-Mil Mascaras said that the fight against Jose and Mr. Mexico is he and El Gran Apollo's fight to win and they will do it for all the Spanish speaking people Jose & Mr. Mexico have insulted

-El Gran Apollo cut an emotional promo in Spanish that promised revenge on Jose Lothario

-Mil Mascaras & El Gran Apollo defeated Ali Bey & Juan Reynosa in dominating fashion

-Steve Pardee said there was some truth to what David said about Lord Alfred's men being past their prime but that they were still tough competitors and he was ready for the challenge

-David Von Erich defeated Steve Pardee to retain the Southwest TV Title after Sunshine knocked Pardee's foot off the rope before the referee saw it to stop counting

Scheduled for Sunday, October 2nd at the HemisFair Arena in San Antonio, TX

Southwest Tag Team Titles: Eddie Gilbert & Ken Lucas vs. The Texas Dynasty
Jim Duggan vs. Mr. Saito
Jose Lothario & Mr. Mexico vs. Mil Mascaras & El Gran Apollo
Roy Lee Welch vs. Bill Ash
Yin & Yang vs. The Fabulous Ones
Mike Masters vs. Steve Pardee
Bruiser Costa & Terry Adonis vs. The Canadian & ?

Larry Hamilton vs. Tiny Anderson

Southwest Championship Wrestling @ San Antonio, TX - The HemisFair Arena 10/2/83

*True to Mr. Saito's statement that a Japanese photographer follows him around everywhere he goes to send pictures back to Japan, there was a Japanese photographer at ringside for all the matches.

Larry Hamilton vs. Tiny Anderson - 'Thunderbolt' Larry Hamilton started the match by extending a handshake which Tiny Anderson accepted only to cheap shot Hamilton with a punch right to the nose. Anderson starts clubbing and pounding on Larry Hamilton but the former AAU amateur wrestling champion quickly regained his senses and took Tiny Anderson down to the mat. Larry Hamilton held down the larger Anderson and tied him up into a pretzel, just embarrassing him by making it clear that Anderson was helpless to break out of Hamilton's holds. Finally Hamilton got tired of toying with Anderson and put him into an Oklahoma Roll and pinned him for the 3 count.

Winner: Larry Hamilton in 4:20 after an Oklahoma Roll

Bruiser Costa & Terry Adonis vs. The Canadian & Mike Jackson - Before the match started, The Canadian told Mike Jackson to stay on the apron and out of the way. The Canadian started the match and overwhelmed Bruiser Costa with his hard hitting style. He looked about to finish the match early as he went for his big running boot but Costa moved out of the way and The Canadian ended up going into the ropes in a very awkward way. Costa tagged out to Adonis who came in and worked over The Canadian with a chin lock. The Canadian finally managed to get up to his feet and get out of the chin lock with elbows to Adonis' midsection and then bounced off the ropes where Mike Jackson reached across and tagged him on the back to tag himself in. Mike Jackson came in the ring and started to come at Adonis when suddenly he got blasted in the face with a big boot by The Canadian! The Canadian then left the ring, leaving Jackson to fend for himself! Adonis covered him but Jackson managed to kick out at the count of 2. Jackson tried to go it alone but was eventually overwhelmed after finding himself in Adonis & Costa's corner and was finished off by a big running senton from Bruiser Costa.

Winners: Bruiser Costa & Terry Adonis in 7:02 following a running senton on Mike Jackson after The Canadian attacked & abandoned him

Mike Masters vs. Steve Pardee - Mike Masters did his usual routine of flexing and stalling to start the match before finally locking up with Pardee and quickly shoving him to the mat and doing some more strutting and posing to celebrate. Pardee eventually got frustrated at Masters and charged at him but Masters ducked out of the ring. Masters demanded that referee Juan Reynosa get Pardee backed away from the ropes when suddenly Bulldog Brower came charging down the aisle with a chair and Lord Alfred Hayes trailing behind him! Brower got in the ring and blasted Pardee in the back with the chair to draw a DQ! Mike Masters started having a fit outside the ring, realizing he'd been disqualified and went after Lord Alfred Hayes on the other side of the ring! Lord Alfred started shouting at Bulldog Brower and as Masters got around to grab Lord Alfred, Brower swung the chair over the ropes and blasted Masters in the head with it! Masters crumpled to the floor and Lord Alfred Hayes shouted at Bulldog Brower to leave but Brower turned around and nailed Pardee with the chair again as he was getting back up before finally leaving.

Referee Juan Reynosa had to help Steve Pardee out of the ring while Tiny Anderson came down and helped a bleeding Mike Masters back to the locker room

Winner: Steve Pardee by DQ in 5:44 after Bulldog Brower entered the ring and hit him with a chair

Yin & Yang vs. The Fabulous Ones - Stan Lane started the match for his time and he was ready for a fight but unfortunately for him, Yang started the match for his team instead of Yin. Lane became frustrated at Yang's attempts to shake his hand and slapped the hand away. Yang responded by leg diving Lane and taking him down to the mat. Yang got the better of Lane on the mat and ended up putting him in a Boston Crab. Lane managed to eventually pull himself towards the ropes and got up even more angry! Lane tried for a karate kick on Yang but Yang ended up grabbing the leg and taking Lane down with a dragon screw leg whip! Lane got back up limping and went to his corner to tag out while Yang held the center of the ring, challenging him. Keirn came in fired up and charged at Yang only get met with a drop toe hold and then put into a head scissors. Keirn managed to push his way out of the head scissors and he and Yang got back up to their feet at the same time and Keirn blasted knocked Yang down with a big right hand. Yang scooted back into his corner and stared at Keirn before finally tagging out to Yin. Yin came in fired up and he and Keirn quickly mixed it up in a brawl. Keirn got the best of the brawl and had Yin reeling then whipped him into the ropes and went for the Flying Forearm but Yin ducked it! Keirn got back up and was met with a big dropkick from Yin! Yin grabbed Keirn was he was getting back to his feet and whipped him in the ropes and nailed him with a huge spinning heel kick. Yin climbed up to the top rope and came off with the Flying Headbutt but Keirn rolled out of the way and Yin crashed hard on the mat. Keirn made the tag out to Stan Lane who came in and blasted Yin with a huge karate kick just as he was getting back to his feet. Stan Lane pulled Yin up off the mat and hooked him into the Russian Legsweep and took him down! Lane made the cover while Keirn came in to guard him from Yang, but Yang never moved off the apron as Jack Howe made the 3 count.

Winners: The Fabulous Ones in 10:31 when Stan Lane pinned Yin following a Russian Legsweep

As The Fabulous Ones started to leave the ring, Yin got back up and looked like he was getting ready to jump them from behind but Yang stepped in the way and stopped him. The Fabs turned around at the crowd's warning only to see Yang bow to them.

Roy Lee Welch vs. Bill Ash - This match started hot and heavy with both men charging at each other and immediately exchanging punches! Roy Lee Welch started to get the better of the fight when Ash raked his eyes and then whipped him into the corner. Ash tried to follow up with a running clothesline into the corner but Welch moved out of the way and Ash crashed hard into the buckles. Welch then climbed up on top of him and rained down 10 punches on Ash as the crowd counted along. Welch climbed down and then Ash came stumbling out of the corner and fell down. Welch quickly tried to put the Spinning Toe Hold on him but Ash kicked him off and Welch went hard into the corner. Ash climbed up on top of Welch and tried to return the favor of the 10 punches but as he got to the 3rd one, Welch grabbed him down and brought him down into an inverted atomic drop! Ash went down and Welch tried again to put the Spinning Toe Hold on but Ash reached up and pulling him into a small package for a very close near fall. Ash got up a split second before Welch and was able to take him down with a clothesline as he was getting back to his feet. Bill Ash started to try and put Welch's own hold on him, the Spinning Toe Hold but Welch stopped that with a big punch right between the eyes. Welch whipped Ash into the ropes and dropped his head for a back body drop but Ash stopped himself and tried to take advantage of Welch being doubled over by putting The Fuller Leglock on him! Welch realized what was happening at the last moment and rolled backwards as he hit the mat to break out of the hold and rolled out of the ring. Bill Ash followed him out and they started brawling outside the ring! Both men were oblivious to the referee's count and he reached the count of 10 with both of them still battling outside the ring!

Result: Draw in 6:48 after both men were counted out while fighting outside the ring

Welch & Ash refused to stop fighting despite the bell continuing to ring and it took half the locker room emptying to come out and separate them and get them back to their respective locker rooms.

Jose Lothario & Mr. Mexico vs. Mil Mascaras & El Gran Apollo - El Gran Apollo started the match and once again called for Jose to get in the ring with him but Jose refused. Instead Mr. Mexico came in and talked trash to Apollo and Apollo got a shocked look on his face. Mr. Mexico took advantage of Apollo's momentary surprise and blasted him with a big punch and then started hammering on him. Mr. Mexico picked up Apollo and body slammed him to the mat and then put him in a chin lock close to his corner. Apollo started to fight his way back up to his feet but Mr. Mexico positioned himself where the referee couldn't see him take Apollo back down to the mat by pulling his hair. Apollo started to fight his way back up to his feet and Mr. Mexico got slapped on the back by Jose Lothario who tagged himself in. Apollo didn't realize the switch was made and just as he broke out of the chin lock, Jose came in and blasted him with a huge uppercut. Jose circled Apollo and trash talked him and every time Apollo tried to get back up Jose just peppered him with jabs. Apollo ducked one of the jabs and came back with a punch of his own that got the crowd fired up but Jose quickly poked him in the eyes and then rocked him with another big uppercut. Jose hit a backbreaker on Apollo and then tagged out to Mr. Mexico and called for the Spike Piledriver! Mr. Mexico started to pick him up for it but Apollo reversed it with a back body drop that sent Mr. Mexico flying into Jose and knocked him out of the ring! Apollo made a big leaping tag to Mil Mascaras who quickly climbed up to the top rope and as Mr. Mexico stumbled up to his feet and turned around, Mascaras launched himself off the top rope and into Mr. Mexico with his patented Flying Bodypress and pinned him for the count of 3!

Winners: El Gran Apollo & Mil Mascaras in after Mascaras pinned Mr. Mexico following a Flying Bodypress in 9:15

El Gran Apollo came back into the ring and stood with his foot on Mr. Mexico's chest and challenged Jose to get back in the ring and fight him some more but Jose headed back to the locker room. El Gran Apollo looked to chase after him but Mascaras held him back and tried to talk him into taking off the mask of Mr. Mexico! They started towards Mr. Mexico but as he managed to slip out of their grasp and scramble out of the ring and run back to the locker room.

Jim Duggan vs. Mr. Saito - Duggan and Mr. Saito locked up at the start of the match and had a stalemate with neither man able to gain the advantage on the other. They locked up again with the same result. Saito started to trash talk Duggan who challenged him to try and tackle him. Saito bounced off the ropes and came charging into Duggan who didn't budge! Saito got angry and told Duggan to do it to him which Duggan was happy to oblige. Duggan bounced off the ropes and came charging into Saito and Saito got bowled over, head over heels and slide all the way out of the ring! The fans went crazy for it while Saito got back up and started having a fit on the outside of the ring. Saito started shouting at the Japanese photographer not to take any pictures of him while Duggan stood in the corner and did his trademark stomp to get the crowd even more riled up. Mr. Saito got back in the ring and challenged Duggan to try it again but this time when Duggan came charging in Saito blasted him with a big chop to the throat to a chorus of boos from the HemisFair crowd. Mr. Saito put Duggan in a nerve hold while he was down on the mat and this lasted for quite a while before the crowd finally was able to rally Duggan to get the strength to break out of the hold! Duggan started teeing off on Saito with punches and picked him up for a big atomic drop but Saito flipped up and over Duggan and landed behind him and quickly put on the Japanese Sleeper! Duggan realized the trouble he was in and quickly backed himself hard into the corner to try and break Saito off but Saito held on. Duggan smashed himself backwards in the corner again and again until finally Saito broke the hold! Duggan went down to one knee and grasped his throat and Saito came around him and blasted him in the face with a kick and made a cover but Duggan was able to kick out before the count of 3! Saito pulled Duggan off the mat and tried to hit the Saito Suplex on him but Duggan blocked in and whipped Saito into the ropes and came flying at him with the Spear but Saito dodged it at the last second and Duggan went flying through the ropes and landed awkwardly on the outside of the ring!

Saito made to go out after him but the referee got in between in front of him and held him back, with his back to Duggan. Suddenly the Japanese photographer smashed his camera over Jim Duggan's head! He smashed it over Duggan's head again and again until the camera was broken into pieces and then quickly kicked the pieces under the ring! Saito backed off and let the referee turn around to make his count and the referee counted to 10 as Jim Duggan was totally knocked out!

Winner: Mr. Saito by countout in 11:09 after Duggan was attacked by the Japanese photographer and had a camera broken over his head

The photographer went in the ring and raised Saito's hand in victory as the crowd in The HemisFair was furious! The crowd tries to explain to the referee what happened but it only seemed to confuse him more and Saito and the photographer walked back to the locker room together.

Eddie Gilbert & Ken Lucas vs. The Texas Dynasty w/Sunshine - Eddie Gilbert started the match with David Von Erich and held his own for the first few minutes before David got him circled around to where Gilbert's back was towards Tully and Tully came in and nailed him from behind with a cheap shot. Lucas came in to try and get revenge but the referee cut him off and David & Tully quickly started double teaming and made an illegal switch before the referee turned back around. Tully went to work on Gilbert's arm until Gilbert was finally able to break lose and bounced off the rope and he and Tully ended up smashing heads and both men went down. They both crawled to their corner and made the tag at the same time and Ken Lucas came in on fire and ended up taking Tully & David both down with big right hands. Lucas started to put the Sleeper Hold on Tully when Sunshine jumped up on the apron distracting the referee long enough for David to come off the top rope with a double axehandle onto the back of Lucas and then Tully rolled out while David made the cover. The referee turned around and made the count, not realizing there was another illegal switch but Lucas kicked out at the count of 2. David put the Stomach Claw on Lucas who almost got pinned a few times while in the Claw but finally made his way to the ropes to break the hold. David whipped him into the ropes and nailed him with the high knee and went for the cover but Lucas again managed to kick out before the count of 3. David tagged out to Tully who came in and set Lucas up for the Slingshot Suplex but Lucas reversed it into a suplex of his own and then crawled to the corner and made the tag!

Eddie Gilbert came in the ring and cut Tully off from making a tag and started blasting him with punches. Sunshine put her purse on the apron near David's feet and then jumped up on the apron to complain about Eddie Gilbert's closed fists! Gilbert slammed Tully down on the mat. Gilbert started to climb up to the top rope. Ken Lucas ran around the outside of the ring and pulled Sunshine down off the apron which held the referee's attention as David grabbed the purse at his feet and ran around the apron and smashed Gilbert in the head with it! Gilbert fell awkwardly down into the ring and Tully made the cover! The referee turned around to make the pin and counted 3 just as Ken Lucas came flying into the ring to make the save.

Winners: The Texas Dynasty in 13:54 after David Von Erich smashed Sunshine's loaded purse over Eddie Gilbert's head as he was climbing the top rope and Tully pinned him after he fell down unconscious

Sunshine quickly grabbed the belts and handed them to her team who had already bailed out of the ring and they made a fast exit out of the arena and back to the locker room as Ken Lucas told the referee what happened. Lucas picked the purse up off the mat and opened it and a cracked brick fell out! Eddie Gilbert was still lying motionless in the ring after being hit so hard in the head that it cracked the brick. Eventually EMTs had to come out and remove Gilbert on a stretcher as an emotional Ken Lucas walked with them holding Gilbert's hand.

Almost found out who Mr. Mexico was! Masters getting pissed at Hayes is an interesting development. Ash and Welch are making me want to see more. The Fabs as the subtle heels in their match was interesting. Tully and David continue to kill it as big time heels. There are reasons why this is one of my favorite promotions, and this kind of booking is a big one.

The Fabs were never really the cleanest of babyfaces but they also gave fair warning on TV that they were looking to take out their frustrations on not getting an immediate title rematch on their opponents. I'm also a bit stuck on what the hell to actually do with Yin & Yang as it's a cool concept visually and them both having totally contrasting styles is neat but at the same time, it's turned out to be a bit limiting.

The Ash/Welch stuff has kind of developed into my favorite feud to write especially once I had the idea to have Bill Ash start using The Fuller Leglock.

Great show as usual, and you've seemed to take over the "write really long matches" crown completely from me while I was busy. The quick switch between the Fabs and the Dynasty was masterful as it worked great as a 'hope spot' for the babyfaces in general, sowed dissent among the face teams thanks to crafty work by the heels, and allowed Tully & David to take a loss, while not losing a whole lot of face.

As for the rest of the card, Lothario & Mexico is fun undercard fodder, the Ash/Welch is great for a midcard feud between two guys I've never seen, and of course, I'm counting the days to Eddie turning heel, Duggan becoming a main event fixture against The Texas Dynasty in the long run, and San Antonio continuing to do great work as the 2nd best territory in Texas. :)

Great show as usual, and you've seemed to take over the "write really long matches" crown completely from me while I was busy. T

I sat down to write the last show with the idea in mind "ok I'm gonna cut down on how much I write out in these matches" but it didn't really seem to happen that way haha