Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling board games

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
On 12/1/2017 at 11:44 AM, gordi said:

I downloaded this one this week. I read your Filsinger Booking thread on the Armchair Booking forums and that led me here... and that led to the download.

It's a perfectly cromulent time-killer that I am having a lot of fun playing... but it also feels like the developers have some very unusual ideas about how pro wrestling works. (For example: Profits are based on match rating, rather than crowd size).

I wonder if anyone else is playing or has played 80s Wrestling Mania.

This is the game that Mad Dog tipped me off to and that I'm still playing regularly two full years later: 80s Mania Wrestling Returns.

After two years of building up my card collection, I finally booked my first ***** card! And my second one.

biLEWdu.jpg

aQ7PnhY.jpg

0FbXqAK.jpg

LpzX0ZS.jpg

The best wrestling board game hands down right now it The SuperShow. Extremely easy to learn, it has a great following who actually put on events for real titles, and also has cards for real wrestlers like Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks. The packs come with fictional wrestlers that play unique. It’s a dice rolling game where you have to get a lead move and follow up move in prior to playing your finisher. Your lead and follow up cards sometimes have STOP signs on them that can stop moves in the right conditions. 

Also if you you pay enough money you can create your own wrestler with the creators that can be used by you or sold to others. You should be able to get this at your local gaming store.

You can find out more about it here:

https://m.facebook.com/supershowthegame/

https://www.srguniverse.com/

7 hours ago, gordi said:

This is the game that Mad Dog tipped me off to and that I'm still playing regularly two full years later: 80s Mania Wrestling Returns.

After two years of building up my card collection, I finally booked my first ***** card! And my second one.

biLEWdu.jpg

aQ7PnhY.jpg

0FbXqAK.jpg

LpzX0ZS.jpg

Are you ready for the sequel at the end of the month?

Definitely going to try it out. I will probably stick to the original, though, unless the sequel is spectacular. From what I understand, the sequel is set in modern times. The nostalgia aspect of the 80s and 90s game is a big hook for me. 

I'm interested to see what the new game is like.

• 3 years later...

Tabletop

Face to the Mat: The most creative tabletop wrestling game I have ever played. Super niche, but new sets are produced every two years. Your fed will become alive and offers many surprises. Includes booking plus playing out the matches. Fictional sets and historic and ersatz sets exist as well. It's basically a late 1990s/early 2000s Raw simulator. 

Champions of the Galaxy: The best fictional wrestlers/ongoing storyline I've come across. Great artwork. Has some strategy due to choices made with dice rolling. Been active since late 1986. Also is digital. Great community.

Ultra Quick Wrestling: The best chart I've seen which resolves fights in a few seconds. Great for historical yearly sims. No more new sets or support anymore though. Downey Games has other overpriced wrestling games as well.

PC

Pro Wrestling Superstar: Digital version of the 1980s tabletop. Was disappointed that there's no real strategy/choices, and matches tend to go on forever due to the point system.

Tom Vogel's Wrestling's Finest: Digital version. Insanely priced ($99) and you have to email Tommy to get anything. 1990s GUI. No real strategy.

Total Extreme Wrestling (Extreme Warfare Revenge): What every booking game tries to copy. May be the best, but has major design issues and programmer Adam Ryland forces his vision of how pro wrestling works on the users.

Wrestling Spirit 2-3: Best text game with play-by-play matches and abilities. Some GUI/database issues.

Pro Wrestling Sim: TEW with less features but better GUI. Popular nowadays.

TNM7: I'm sorry, but this game still look and plays like it's 1995. Should be shareware at this point, but it's overpriced. Tournament Edition is actually every cool, but the wrestlers only have the bare min. of stats, so it's a crapshoot.

Fire Pro Wrestling World: Difficulty is either too hard or too easy. Dislike GUI for selecting/scrolling wrestling.

Mobile

80s Mania, etc: Really was my favorite app when it first came out due to the characters and nostalgia. But the lack of strategy, grinding, and cash grabs killed my enjoyment.

WWE SuperCard: Really was into this when it first came out. Loved the actual battles and card collecting. Not so much with the tournaments and cash grabs.

Journey of Wrestling: Innovative web-based booking sim. So-so GUI. Wish it was downloadable because it feels like one day it will just disappear.