Pro Wrestling Only

RIP Roddy Piper

Stiva

Did we all have that experience today? I was watching, very randomly, some Piper shoot interview/podcast clips on youtube this afternoon during a slow bit at work.

Weird.

Apparently we all did because I was quoting They Live with a co-worker all day, got off and then saw the news.

Sad day. :(

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at an autograph signing a few months ago. The man was super nice to everyone. His line took so long because he was talking and BSing with all his fans. He took time out to shake people's hands. Just came across as one of the good guys. Never would have guessed out of the group who was there that he would be next.

I was at an autograph signing a few months ago. The man was super nice to everyone. His line took so long because he was talking and BSing with all his fans. He took time out to shake people's hands. Just came across as one of the good guys. Never would have guessed out of the group who was there that he would be next.

"Be strong." This man wrote that on the inside of his autobiography when I met him not long after my mother was diagnosed with cancer. I was just a fan to him, just another kid whose name he would never remember, and he took 10 minutes out of his busy day to talk to me and treated me like I was family.

Thank you, Hot Rod.

This is just terrible. Just this week I stumbled upon his campy "I'm Your Man" video on YouTube and then, suddenly, he's gone.

So many of us became fans because of the work of great characters like Roddy and Dusty and to watch them pass is like losing a friend.

Another one that hurts! Roddy was always one of my favorites growing up.

I hope this is a wake up call to Vince and the WWE to really get it in gear in terms of shooting interviews and footage of the Legends still living today. The WWE should really have a division in the company that just produces footage of the Legends for future programming. Could you imagine the stuff they could produce if they put 1/2 the funding for WWE Films into producing Legends content that wrestling fans would actually watch?

Piper was never my favorite but he was certainly someone I had a lot of respect for. When I think of Piper my mind immediately jumps to WrestleMania 1. I'm going off memory but somewhere in the beginning of the match the heels bail and Piper walks up the MSG aisle like he's leaving flipping off the crowd while wobbling his head arrogantly and the crowd just lets him have it! I always loved that moment for some reason. He was SUCH a guy you loved to hate.

Piper also gets a lot of respect from me for being a family man. It was obvious how much he loved his wife and kids. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

I went on vacation in June and came back to the passing of Dusty. I just got back from vacation again and come back to the passing of Piper. This just sucks,another legend gone too soon. Thankfully I don't have anymore vacations planned this year.

RIP Rowdy.