JRGoldman

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boo. Throw things at the Brody voters.

Booooo.

(I kid)

I voted for Brody. He's not in my Top 50, but I voted for him. Just because I don't think he's as great as Dave Meltzer and Larry Matysik do, doesn't mean I don't like him or think he was great at some things. I thought about it long and hard, and the bottom line is that his lack of selling isn't a big deal for me as it is to a lot of other people. I certainly don't rate him as highly as I would have 10-15 years ago, but I am still a fan.

I am guessing I will probably end up being the high vote for Sabu, and possibly Jeff Jarrett, especially since I am betting he got very few votes. I know he didn't get totally blanked. As with Brody, Jarrett hardly made the upper class of my list, but he did make it.

Seeing the list roll out, it occurs to me that I probably won't be the high vote on very many guys on the bottom half of my ballot, if at all (apart from the obvious). The second half of my ballot is largely filled with guys that are actually pretty popular, but I've only seen enough/liked enough to put them as far as they are, and in most cases there are plenty of people who rate them much higher.

It may only be once we get into like the 50s that my favourites come up that only I'm high on.

I openly called out Parv for Lowki it's clear that BIGLAV doesn't work well for guys you are unfamiliar with and it does not account very well for intangibles. Lowki peak lasts till 2015 yet he retired multiple times over the course of this peak sure most of his retirements lasted less than a year but, since he left WWE he’s had under 30 matches per year excluding 2012’s run in NJPW which was at best average and in no way what I would call “peak work” from the man.

it's consistent with him giving Brock years where he didn't wrestle a single match.

I'm ok with Brock getting a bit of a bump because BIGLAV does not account for extra credit items such as Brock completely destroying a one legged man in front of his mother (as seen in the animated gif thread)

As predicted, I'm higher on the DG guys. Horiguchi and Ryo Saito are my two high votes so far. Someone had Milano higher than me and rightfully so. Kicking myself for putting him at 96.

Yeah, your vote on Ryo Saito kept him from becoming my Avatar of Shame (I had him at 96). He's the only one of my 100 to drop so far. Kind of a weird vanity pick for me since I haven't seen a ton of Dragon Gate or Toryumon, but everytime he pops up in my viewing I've found myself strangely drawn to him. He kinda reminds me of Tito Santana for some reason. Just this really intense babyface who wrestles every match like it's life or death.