Pro Wrestling Only

Balor is dull as dishwater. Cool music and entrance, some ok spots but no emotion behind any of it. Hes 2015 Gangrel. And it's not like he does anything different when he's The Demon. Hope Owens wins this.

I could see Hornswoggle being in the Vaudevillains corner. He's still under contract and hasn't been used in ages. He also kind of fits with the old school carnival strongman vibe the Villains got going for them.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balor is dull as dishwater. Cool music and entrance, some ok spots but no emotion behind any of it. Hes 2015 Gangrel. And it's not like he does anything different when he's The Demon. Hope Owens wins this.

Give me Gangrel any day. Especially the entrance.

If you get Pop TV (former TV Guide Channel), Gangrel is on Paragon Pro Wrestling still doing more or less the same entrance.

I'm not a big fan of either of them, but you have to put Balor and Bayley over. They're over enough with the fanbase that they both deserve a chance to have a run as champs. Both Owens and Banks are starting to get the college kids hanging around high school vibe so everybody would be better off to move on at this point.

While it's not P.C. nowadays, the tag title match really needs the put manager/valet in cage gimmick. I don't think every tag team needs a woman with them, and the WWE needs to mix in some different gimmicks.

Joe vs. Corbin is pretty important for both guys careers. Can Corbin make the next step? Can Joe make a star in NXT? What happens if the match falls flat?

Joe vs. Corbin is pretty important for both guys careers. Can Corbin make the next step? Can Joe make a star in NXT? What happens if the match falls flat?

Joe's entire NXT run so far can be, at best, described as flat...so he needs to show something. He's been working like he's injured, doesn't give a fuck or both...and it really shows.

Joe's entire NXT run so far can be, at best, described as flat...so he needs to show something. He's been working like he's injured, doesn't give a fuck or both...and it really shows.

In his very first match in the company a guy nearly died. Even if it wasn't his fault I'd imagine that would have to rattle you quite a bit.

I really liked Joe's short ROH run because even if he couldn't perform on the level he did ten years ago he displayed a fresh approach to matches that compensated for that and made them all feel fresh and unique. So far in NXT he's been working like he did in TNA after his athleticism detoriated but he's also mostly been working squash matches.

In his very first match in the company a guy nearly died. Even if it wasn't his fault I'd imagine that would have to rattle you quite a bit.

Damn, that's a good point. I had completely forgotten about that.

Tons of shirts for Banks, Owens. Balor's new shirt with the teeth was all over as well. Many, many spontaneous New Day chants all over the neighborhood: I can't think of a time when I've heard a chant out of nowhere on the streets like that. The Barclays Center is in the middle of Brooklyn next to a bar called McMahon's: the sheer volume of fans condensed into a few blocks was wild.

This is also by far the most number of women I've ever seen at a wrestling show. Actual women! Attractive women. It was utopian. Lots of girls in Banks and Bayley shirts. Almost no one supporting Charlotte, which was interesting.

Probably the most fun crowd I've seen at a show in NYC. I'll take these people over ROH trolls any day. Barclays is gorgeous: there doesn't look to be a bad seat in the house, and I say that from the rafters. Show seems to be starting 20 mins late, which may not bode well for the TV taping unless they cut a match?

This is also by far the most number of women I've ever seen at a wrestling show. Actual women! Attractive women. It was utopian. Lots of girls in Banks and Bayley shirts. Almost no one supporting Charlotte, which was interesting.

Both times I went there were tons of women and a lot of them were there without kids or boyfriends/husbands. I've literally never seen that before.

WWE could have a big thing here. It's really an untapped demographic for them. Lord knows I'm sure a lot of the male wrestling fans would not object to more women being around at the shows.

If WWE could treat the women with respect, not as sex objects, and actually give them good roles & stories it would probably catch-on.

Granted, how many people currently employed by WWE share the sentiments just expressed by Greg The Hammer Valentine the other day? *sigh*

Vociferous boos for Eva Marie. Crowd was brutal to her even though Carmella was working exactly the gimmick you'd expect to work as a heel in Brooklyn. Match was fine and Marie was not nearly as bad as the crowd would tell you, but Carmella ate up the crowd reaction. Overall this was met with awestruck hatred, and "We want Blue Pants" and "ECW" chants. Honestly after this I'm an Eva Marie fan. She did everything right and could get over as a massive heel or maybe even a face in time. Almost a Cena-like level of vitriolic reaction that could go either way.

Smooth chain wrestling and power offense from Bull Dempsey. Hadn't seen him work in a while and he looked good. Was totally unfamiliar with Elias Sampson: is he working a gimmick of the ABC hit series "Nashville"? Bull struck me as a very likable baby face who got a solid but not stellar reaction in his hometown. He will become a really good worker, but I wonder if his height and body will keep him from doing much on the main roster. He's shorter than I realized and in a different time and place could have been like, Pequeno Jerry Blackwell.

I don't get Dana Brooke at all. Meltzer calls her the next Beth Phoenix, but the Beth Phoenix gimmick doesn't work if you're smaller than everyone you face and dressed like Ashley Massaro. Lynch was more over than Charlotte in the building, but people still like saying "Woooo." Fun four-way: Emma was the story of the match, and is awesome as smug heel who went bad as shoplifter and learned some cunning tricks in those four hours behind bars. Lynch was solid, but nothing you haven't seen. Charlotte looked more crisp than usual here. Really weird Hogan post-match conclusion that made the faces seem like sore losers who were jumping the heels from behind after the bell to hit their finishers.