Pro Wrestling Only

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the talk of a renewed brand split, is NXT the new Smackdown? Do WWE go pillage Evolve etc. to fill NXT up? I've clearly missed the last 6 months of discussion but a "development territory" getting this kind of crowd sets the mind running.

EDIT: Has WWE really sold out an arena around a Prince Devitt/Kevin Steen ladder match? That's fucking awesome!

Vaudevillains vs. Blacke & Murphy

- Early on, the Vaudevillain offense was on point and awesomely executed.

- It’s really apparent on this show but Blake and Murphy have a sleazy 80s territory tag team vibe going on.

- Blake and Murphy were smart in cutting off the ring but they needed nastier offense to keep the crowd engaged. The smartest 80s heel teams were killing a guy’s body part or giving more hope to the face in peril. The neckbreaker drop was nice.

- Gotch was in for a criminally short time. His offense is so awesome.

- I thought the Blue Pants and Bliss stuff went on too long but the tag finish was great.

"Gangs of New York" chant in my section for Vaudevillians definitely wins "least expected reaction" from a crowd that I've ever heard. Herbert Asbury is dancing in his grave at the thought of his work being bellowed from the cheap seats in Cobble Hill. Near falls really got over: the Aiden English senton was huge and the crowd loved the title change. Vaudevillians are making this gimmick work against all odds, and Blue Pants - despite looking indie as hell - can really dance a jig to that tuneful piano.

Taker is already getting booed in the building during his promo video. Tomorrow night may end up a slaughter if his conditioning isn't up to par.