Pro Wrestling Only

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dillinger's character feels like a reach: it's a crowd that will get anything over, but "10" is a bit lazy. Why wouldn't you go to 11? Short and some definite dead spots, but solidly executed for a debut. Lots of "Uhaa" chants early, and crowd loved his combo finisher, but the screens were turned off for the match until the replays. Also had no idea he's from Stone Mountain, GA. Bring in Jake as his manager! Nothing could possibly go awry.

The Dusty Classic is awesome as a 2015 Crockett Cup, and Regal is the best authority figure they've ever had.

Samoa Joe vs. Byron Corbin

- Joe looked solid but that dropkick missed by a mile.

- Corbin on offense sucks.

- For two guys who are heavy hitters, this was best when they were doing submissions on the mat.

- The strike exchange was no better or worse than a typical NJ strike exchange… except for Joe’s spinning back fist. That was sweet.

- A few flubs and dead spots but this was solid. I want to see a match between Cena and Joe to see if Cena can get Joe to raise his game.

Smooth chain wrestling and power offense from Bull Dempsey. Hadn't seen him work in a while and he looked good. Was totally unfamiliar with Elias Sampson: is he working a gimmick of the ABC hit series "Nashville"? Bull struck me as a very likable baby face who got a solid if not stellar reaction in his hometown. He will become a really good worker, but I wonder if his low height and body will keep him from doing much on the main roster. He's shorter than I realized and in a different time and place could have been like, Pequeno Jerry Blackwell.

I did commentary and ring announcing for some of the Pittsburgh area indies that Elias Sampson worked before getting signed. He worked the WV/PA/OH area as "Heavy Metal Jesus" Logan Shulo for several years.