Pro Wrestling Only

Fixing the Diva's Division

Mad Dog

Anyone guessing what the next program will be? I can't see Becky going over so is Sasha healthy for Mania? Will Nikki come back for it? I could see a triple threat with 3 heels being the perfect vindication of how WWE thinks women act.

Also I pointed this out in another thread but why does it have to be Brie Bella who drops EVERY single match to Charlotte and her challenger week in and week out? And now Natalya as well as of Raw. I almost feel genuinely sorry for Brie. She clearly doesn't want to be in WWE anymore and is only doing it because of a combination of her husband's uncertain future and her sister's wanting the Bella Twins brand kept intact and pressuring her to stay. Instead they keep her around to be a jobber and drop a match or two each and every week. Yeah she's terrible, but she's also stuck in a life she clearly doesn't want and not able to start the family she does want.

And now Paige and Natalya are suddenly friends again and Paige is magically a face. I really wonder how hard it is to write two credible programs for women. Even in the latter one is Smackdown and Main Event only it would be a start.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the idea is going to be that Charlotte needs Ric to help her cheat to maintain her title and will continue to do so...until Charlotte ends up turning on her dad, claiming she didn't need him all along and, by turning on her beloved old man, becoming an even bigger heel. Then Flair backs up whoever Charlotte's challenge is for Mania (maybe Nikki?). It won't make a lick of sense, but when has that ever stopped the WWE before?

Its kind of a shame that 6 months after the Divas Revolution, I'm already kind of over this group and am eagerly anticipating the promotion of Asuka and return of Nikki Bella. Granted, Sasha getting injured definitely took some air out of things, but its not like the "revolution" was producing great TV before that. I blame myself for being naive enough to believe a roster consisting of the aforementioned women and Becky Lynch and Alicia Fox and Natalya and Paige could actually yield at least one engaging storyline.

The last few posts are confusing to me. The initial point was that WWE sees Charlotte as a face and PAIGE as the heel...so what does that have to do with Becky? It isn't being posited that Becky is a heel to WWE unless I missed something?

Look at the time stamps. A month ago Charlotte hadn't turned, she had just started the Becky thing and was in that weird position of cheating to win and still being positioned as a face by the announcers and the crowd because WOOOO THE NAYCHA BOY~!

After my post the angle progressed and the intent became clear with the heel turn.

There's still a slight inherent problem is that the most over of the three is Ric and he's a heel manager who will always get cheered, but apart from that they've actually done a good job with the angle. I'm certainly ready for Becky to beat the shit out of her. And Ric.

I know it is old but what does the WWE seeing PAIGE as a heel have to do with your idea that Becky is a killjoy? I am not even arguing the facts or opinions but rather I am trying to find the connection there between PAIGE and BECKY. I am behind on the WWE stuff so am I missing something where Becky is being booked like Paige that there would be a common thread between how the company views them vs Charlotte?

It's because they were all involved with each other.

At the time, Paige was challenging Charlotte for the title. Paige was a heel after turning on them previously, and then the Reid Flair stuff. But Charlotte, who was a face at the time of the Reid angle but also terrible at being a face, basically also became a heel shortly afterwards, or at least heelish, by starting to use Flair to cheat to win, brushing off Becky, things like that.

Becky was caught in the middle because she was Charlotte's friend and accompanied her to the ring, but she saw the cheating going on and disapproved, which brought her into conflict with Charlotte and created the feud they're currently in now.

To add to the confusion the announcers and WWE didn't even know who was who because they often portrayed Becky as a whiner, and pushed the idea that you should just go along with the Flairs cheating because a. you do whatever you have to to win and b. IT'S THE NAYCHA BOY MAGGLE~!

So basically, everyone was a heel and nobody had any kind of clear role, due to WWE's shitty booking of all the characters involved, the shitty announcers, and probably also their inability to care about female characters and book them with any consistency.

anyone else kind of find it funny that Brie has become the designated jobber of the division after all the complaining this past summer? She can't even last three minutes with the rest of the pushed women now. They are kinda getting it right here with Charlotte/Becky. Only question is if they can work Sasha in for the build to mania. That's if she healthy obvs.

As I posted above I find it sad. Mainly because I actually believe the total divas narrative that Brie wants to leave WWE but won't due to financial pressure and her sister convinced that the Bella twins "Brand" won't work without her.

She's clearly even for her going through the motions and miserable.

As I posted above I find it sad. Mainly because I actually believe the total divas narrative that Brie wants to leave WWE but won't due to financial pressure and her sister convinced that the Bella twins "Brand" won't work without her.

She's clearly even for her going through the motions and miserable.

Don't know where Brie's passions lie as we haven't spoken about it, but pretty sure WWE employment won't be a problem for Mrs. Cena as long as that's who she is.

I haven't spoken to Brie either. But I've watched wrestling for 30 years and been a stage actor almost all of that time, and a director for 20 years. I think it's not too hard to see when someone is going through the motions, at least for me.

To give another example of a recent diva, you could visibly tell Maryse didn't care after about 2 months with Ted Dibiase and realizes where that was going. She's pretty much admitted that herself.

I agree, Nikki certainly doesn't need Brie. Dating Cena aside, she's blown past her in the last year and a half as a worker and talent and clearly carries and is the star of the team. But I think she THINKS she does and that makes all the difference.

And yeah Bryan's income being in doubt is a huge part of the problem for Brie clearly. I'm not saying she should be booked as a star. I'm just thinking there should be a non wrestling capacity for her in WWE she might actually enjoy. Being the clear jobber of the division doesn't really help anyone. It means absolutely nothing to beat her, since she's literally the only jobber in the whole division. Even Natalya, who almost never wins a match, came back and beat her with ease. In a time where most diva matches can get 10 minutes her losing twice a week every week in 3 each is just kinda sad to me.

I'm still wondering where they are going post Rumble when Charlotte beats Becky (assuming the reverse doesn't happen, but I can't see them giving up on Charlotte this quick)

Brie has looked fine to me in the matches I've seen her in. She's a perfectly acceptable mid card enhancement talent. I don't get the hype on Nikki some of the worst women's matches I saw in WWE in 2015 had her in them. Her tv work seems to be mostly misses with the occasional decent ppv match. It was obvious the NXT girls had to work at half speed so she could keep up.

I guess. But as a NA based wrestler, would she even be working if not in WWE? She's clearly not doing Japan or needing to do the indies to earn a living.

I think the Bellas have both said they are planning on about 2 years at most. Break aside, their careers have been much longer than the average diva by this point.

• 2 weeks later...