Pro Wrestling Only

Who do you think should/will win the Royal Rumble this year?

ezgo

Alvarez said the other day that a source told him about 3 weeks ago that they have changed WM plans. Obviously this was before the injury to Sting. Brock/Taker was originally going to be at mania but Vince changed his mind. Rock/HHH seemed like a lock but with Rousey apparently out maybe they do Rollins/HHH, Brock/Rock and Taker/Cena. But then where does that leave Reigns? Reigns/Sheamus would be a disaster on that crowd

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rumble has become the anual dissapointment event for Dragon fans. Even this year when I know better (I knew better last year too) I get excited when I see people speculate that Bryan could or SHOULD win if he is ready. I ust want to see Dragon vs Brock, is that so much to ask for? The mark in me is so sad that this wont happen.

The Rumble has become the anual dissapointment event for Dragon fans. Even this year when I know better (I knew better last year too) I get excited when I see people speculate that Bryan could or SHOULD win if he is ready. I ust want to see Dragon vs Brock, is that so much to ask for? The mark in me is so sad that this wont happen.

If he's healthy in time, they could solve both those problems by putting Bryan in a match with Brock on that show, and make it clear that neither man is going to be in the Rumble itself. Of course, probably the last thing Danielson's body needs is to be suplexed twenty times in a row, but it would be nice to get that match someday. It's frustrating how they keep booking Lesnar against the same tiny handful of the same old opponents, over and over again; some new blood would be appreciated.

Hey, it's been a while since we've heard anything about DBry's medical clearance, hasn't it? I wonder if they know he's okay or soon will be, but they're keeping everything quiet to give him a big surprise return in the Rumble.

Reigns/Sheamus would be a disaster on that crowd

As a main event, absolutely. If they decide not to put Reigns in the main event this year, however, an upper-midcard feud with Sheamus would actually work out really well for Reigns. Not only would the match be excellent, a potential MOTN, but Sheamus is one of the few guys guaranteed not to get cheered over Roman.

Well, I think the plan was to strap the rocket to Sheamus, and he did end up beating Bryan in 18 seconds of course, but somewhere along the line it was derailed. Totally can't remember why without Googling though

No need to google it. You can strap 10 rockets onto Sheamus, he couldn't then and he can't now fly as a main event guy when he probably isn't even in the Top 10 when it comes to getting consistent live crowd reactions, selling merchandise, or having his matches have that "big match feel." He's an upper midcard act that has been overexposed and doesn't have the charisma/character/mic skills/"it factor" to project himself back into that top tier the way, say, CM Punk could in 2011 or Daniel Bryan could whenever he comes back or, arguably, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, or even Rusev probably could in 2016.

I really hate this idea that it's cool that the WWE Title match isn't the main event, because they have these big stars coming in. It completely de-values the whole promotion.

If the World Title is not the biggest mach at Mania in most cases that is a huge problem.

I'm still hoping for a Reigns-Lesnar rematch.

If the World Title is not the biggest mach at Mania in most cases that is a huge problem.

What would you suggest they do in cases like Mania 18? The crowd's interest peaked for Rock/Hogan, they mostly didn't give a shit about the world title match. That's happened a few times now.

A rare time, sure. Almost every single year that is a big issue. As I said above, in most cases that is a huge problem not all cases.

"my ethnicity is my gimmick" is such an outdated idea that's guaranteed to kill your good will with the crowd. i guess you can point to the rusev/lana stuff as an exception, but at least they were cheesy enough to be entertaining. and don't forget that segments like him getting that medal or w/e absolutely put the crowd to sleep.

also sheamus's main calling card as a worker is stiffness, and that's something the modern crowds don't seem to care about as much

My first instinct was that "you look stupid" is not a chant that really does someone who could become champion at any time any favors in terms of being taken seriously. Then again, Roddy Piper "wore a skirt" when feuding with Hogan and was the top heel of the era. "Paul-a!" chants were in full swing when Hogan and Orndorff drew huge crowds in 1986. So maybe it's not the death knell I thought it was. WWE is a company that makes things work that have no business working when looking at them on paper just as much as they are a company that misses can't-miss opportunities all the time. Accepting that is something that is helping me find solace as a wrestling fan.

I'm starting to think that Bray Wyatt should win the Royal Rumble. The Family can help him do so. He could certainly use the big win for his credibility. Him winning would be different. Him getting a title shot at Wrestlemania wouldn't be so bad as I imagine the show is going to be built around past stars & part-timers again anyway, like the last few years.

WWE need to try to make him matter before it's too late. Same with Roman Reigns. If you wait too long & never pull the trigger, they'll become... just more directionless faces on the roster.

Neither is over-exposed right now like a Randy Orton or Sheamus. I think Reigns is the better option but I don't think him winning the Royal Rumble in back-to-back years & getting a WWE title shot at back-to-back Wrestlemania's would look good. Maybe I'm wrong there though.

I'm starting to think that Bray Wyatt should win the Royal Rumble.

Outside of the Bryan match, I just don't see when he's delivered in a singles setting. Loved the character based upon early impressions but since then its been too much True Blood jibberish as opposed to anything I can sink my teeth into. Hopes were high but it has failed to deliver.

I'm starting to think that Bray Wyatt should win the Royal Rumble.

Outside of the Bryan match, I just don't see when he's delivered in a singles setting. Loved the character based upon early impressions but since then its been too much True Blood jibberish as opposed to anything I can sink my teeth into. Hopes were high but it has failed to deliver.

This, entirely.

Yeah, I'll mostly agree with that. This Roman stuff is pretty decent but Wyatt's feud with Ryback a while back cos Ryback has musclez was just the shits. If they don't give him something proper and prolonged to do, he's the most useless guy on the roster. He was a singles-star for that feud though, leagues better with his cronies around him.