Memphis: CWA WRESTLING

kevinmcfl

Continental Wrestling Association

[sHOWN LIVE] 10/3/1983

MSC STUDIOS (Memphis)

FEED RECEIVED IN WESTERN TENNESSEE, NORTHERN MISSISSIPPI

EASTERN ARKANSAS, SOUTHEAST MISSOURI AND PARTS OF INDIANA

AND KENTUCKY!

Lance Russell: "Hello again, everybody! Lance Russell and Dave Brown all ready to go with some Championship Wrestling! Dave, what do we got for the folks today?

Dave Brown: "Well, Lance, three big matches today. First we have Ernie Ladd taking on Scott Ferris. In our second match, International Heavyweight Champion Buddy Landell teams with Mid-American Heavyweight Champion Jesse Barr in a tag match against Dirty White Boy Tony Anthony and King Cobra. For our Main Event, we have a dandy! Sir Oliver Humperdink will once again try to rid Memphis of the King as The Japanese Assassins take on Jerry Lawler and Austin Idol! But before we get started, “The Fortunate Son, Jose Poffo has come out and is getting ready to begin his challenge to break his father’s sit-up record of 6033. We will also here from Sweet Daddy O and many more!

Lance Russell: “Oh brother, this is embarrassing already. Give it up Poffo! We will be right back.

>> Lance Russell runs down the upcoming schedule for the CWA!

October 4: Blytheville, Arkansas at the American Legion Areana

October 5: Memphis, TN at the Mid-South Coliseum

October 6: Evansville, IN at the Soldiers & Sailors Coliseum

October 7: Louisville KY at the Louisville Gardens

October 8: Nashville TN: at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds

October 9: Tupelo, MS at the Sports Areana

Come on out and see such stars as Jerry “The King Lawler, Austin Idol, Ernie Ladd, Buddy Landell, The Bruise Brothers and The Rock N Roll Express.

Lance Russell: "We're back and ready to get started in the ring but just an update on Mr. Poffo, After 5 minutes and counting he has reached an amazing 0 sit ups. Take it away Dave."

Dave Brown: "In the ring now, from Portland, Oregon, Scott Ferris.! And making his way to the ring, accompanied by Sonny King, The Big Cat, Ernie Ladd! Your referee is Jerry Calhoun.

Match #1:

Ernie Ladd defeats Scott Ferris with a big boot in a really one sided match where Ladd showed no mercy.

> Ernie Ladd and Sonny King walk to the desk but Sweet Daddy O is already set to be interviewed by Lance Russell.>

Russell: Now wait a minute Ernie Ladd and Sonny King. This is not your time. Sweet Daddy O has been given this segment.

Ladd: Shut up Russell! There is nothing you or Sweet Big Baby here can do to stop me or the other members of my Army!

Daddy O: What Army, it’s just you and Sonny King

Ladd: You better watch your back Uncle Tom O.

Daddy O: Don’t threaten me! I will take both of you on right here and now?

Ladd: You are not worth my time or effort Baby O but remember what I said! Watch your back!

From out of nowhere comes the return of Big Red Reese! Big Red runs over Sweet Daddy O and hits him with a Holy Ghost Splash as all 6’5 and 410 pounds comes crashing down on Sweet Daddy O. He is writhing in pain as Ladd once again grabs the mic.>

Ladd: "Lance Russell, Never underestimate Ladd’s Army. We have far reaching powers and our numbers are far more than you think. We are sick of the actions of the racists and Uncle Tom’s in this city, this state and this backwards region of the country. We told you, Sweet Daddy O, watch your back! And that goes for the rest of you wrestlers here! Idol! Lawler! Rock N Roll Express! Watch your backs! Ernie Ladd is not the Big Cat but he is now Ernie “The King” Ladd! Let’s go brothers.

Russell: "Oh Boy, those are some dangerous, misguided men on a mission folks. We will be right back!

Russell: "Before our next match, an update of The Fortunate Son, Jose Poffo, in his attempt to break his father’s record of 6033 sit-ups. He is almost 25 minutes in and he has yet to reach one complete sit-up.

Russell: Well King and Austin, I thought I might see you tonight but I believed it would be after your Main Event match. I thought you two would be preparing for another go round with The House OF Humperdink!

Lawler: I will get to The House of Humpty Dumpty in a minute. But I need all of you people in the studio to take a look at this clown. “The Fortunate Son looks more like The Dying Whale. I mean come on! Show him Austin what a physique should look like.

Lawler: I think Poffo is more like a marsh mellow!

Russell: King, I understand what you are talking about but let’s focus on what happened the other night! It was you and Plowboy Frazier against The Japanese Assassins and Frazier turned on you making it a 4-1 when you throw in Humperdink!

Lawler: Wait a minute Lance, nobody could throw that fat slob, Humperdink. As for Doughboy Frazier and the rest of The House of Humpty. Watch your backs! Nobody gets away with the garbage Doughboy pulled on me the other night. Frazier, I am coming after you real soon! In Evansville, Louisville and of course, right here in Memphis at The Mid-South Coliseum. Frazier, you know what they say about payback!

Russell: Well stay focused and don’t relax of Humperdink. He seems to want you gone in a bad way!

Idol: Lance, Don’t worry about my main man, Jerry Lawler. Many of the guys in the locker room including myself are watching each other’s backs. Nobody can get to Jerry without going through me! Humperdink, and The Japanese Assassins, in just a little while we are going to drop some bombs on you that will make Hiroshima look like a sling shot!

Lance Russell: Well let’s hope so. Good luck tonight fella’s and before we go to break, we have added something new to help keep our fans up to date. Each week we will reveal The Top 10 Singles Wrestlers and The Top 5 Tag Teams here in CWA.

SINGLES:

1. Jerry The King Lawler

2. Ernie Ladd

3. Buddy Landell

4. Jesse Barr

5. Austin Idol

6. Plowboy Frazier

7. King Cobra

8. Tony Anthony

9. Sabu The Wildman

10. Duke Myers

Tag Teams:

1. Rock N Roll Express

2. The Bruise Brothers

3. The Japanese Assassins

4. King Cobra and Tony Anthony

5. Brian Adias and Tommy Gilbert

Come on out and see such stars as Jerry “The King Lawler, Austin Idol, Ernie Ladd, Buddy Landell, The Bruise Brothers and The Rock N Roll Express.

Lance Russell: Before we return to the ring, I have a quick update on the tag team title situation. The Rock N Roll Express and The Bruise Brothers have been embedded in a violent feud over the last few months. A feud that has seen the title switch hands numerous times in all kinds of dangerous matches. The CWA has sanctioned a “Memphis World Series Match” between these two teams. It is a best of 7 match, where the first team to win 4 matches will be the Southern Tag Team Champions. The losers cannot have a title shot here in the CWA for ONE CALENDAR YEAR!

Dave Brown: Wow, those are some stakes. Let’s get back to the ring.

Lance Russell: You could say that again! OK Dave, Take it away.

Dave Brown: "We're ready for our next match. It's gonna be one fall and in the ring to my right is the team of The Dirty White Boy, Tony Anthony and his partner King Cobra.

The crows gives a loud cheer.

Dave Brown: And making their way to the ring, the team of The International Heavyweight Champion, Buddly Landell and his partner, The Mid-American Heavyweight Champion, Jesse Barr. Your referee is Jerry Calhoun

The crowd is booing the entire time it takes them to make their way to the ring.

Match #2:

Landell and Barr defeat King Cobra and Tony Anthony by DQ. As Tony Anthony rushed into the ring to stop the illegal double teaming by Landell and Barr, The ref pushed Anthony back and as his back was turned, Barr hit King Cobra with a pair of brass knuckles which he threw into the corner. As Barr went to cover King Cobra, Anthony picked up the brass knuckles and hit Barr in the jaw. The ref saw this and DQ-ed Anthony and Cobra.

Lance Russell: Well again you guys find some way to cheat and come out on top

Buddy Landell: Cheat? What are you talking about Lance? You saw That Dirty White Boy pick up those knuckles and hit Jesse right in the jaw.

Lance Russell: I guess you forgot who brought those brass knuckles to the ring?

Buddy Landell: I am always so confused when I come here and try to see your perspective. Well anyway. Another week goes by and Jesse and I still hold on to our Championships.

Lance Russell: Well that is actually why you two were asked to the desk after your match. I have an announcement for you and for all the wrestling fans here in CWA.

Buddy Landell: What, has Jarrett come up with another so called challenger for either myself or Jesse? I mean who haven’t we beat? From Ken Raper, Abe Jacobs, Jose Poffo. I have beaten everyone this organization has put in front of me.

Lance Russell: I think you have been hand picking your opponents.

Buddly Landell: Some say PotAto, some say Potato. Didn’t I recently beat the two wrestlers who we beat here tonight?

Lance Russell: Well yes, you did beat King Cobra and Tony Anthony and Jesse Barr has defeated Austin Idol but it always seems to be with some illegal shenanigans going on.

Buddy Landell: Ok, Ok, we are never going to see to eye on this. What is your announcement?

Lance Russell: Well you were right! There is a new contender for both your championships. Do you want to guess who?

Buddy Landell: Spare me the pain and just tell me!

Lance Russell: ok! Here it goes. This message is straight from Jerry Jarrett. “The CWA has long been a dues paying member of the NWA but we also have strong ties to the AWA. At this current time, we have 3 major championship belts. The AWA Southern Title, the Awa International Title and the NWA Mid-American Title. That seems unfair to the NWA that two of the titles contested here in the CWA are from the AWA, an organization we do not pay dues to. We are going to drop the AWA International Title from our promotion so that we do not play favorite to either the NWA or the AWA. Also, since the popularity of the CWA and this television show are growing so quickly, The AWA International Title is being replaced with a CWA Television Title.”

seems to be becoming more coherent.

Jesse Barr: Come on Russell, spill the whole story. Does that mean Landell is the new Television Champion? His title is just being renamed?

Lance Russell: Well, no that is not true. As of right now, Buddy Landell is no longer a Champion.

Jesse Barr: Well that is so unfair. It is Jarrett knowing the only way to take a title away from either one of us is to do something so underhanded.

Lance Russell: Well wait a minute Jesse. Just let me finish. “While the International Championship will no longer be contested here in CWA, Buddy is receiving a title shot!”

Buddy Landell: Lance! Spill this whole story now. I am getting sick and tired of your games!

Lance Russell: Well right here, next week, Jesse, you will be defending your NWA Mid-American Title against Buddy Landell?

Lance Russell: So I guess you two will have one week to figure out how to cheat each other out of a Championship! Ha-ha. And also next week, an 8 man single elimination tournament will begin to crown the New CWA Television Champion! We got to take a break.

Lance Russell: Before we get to the Main Event, another update of Jose “The Fortunate Son, Poffo’s attempt at 6034 sit-ups. It has come to end. He has been rushed to the hospital for apparent dehydration after completing one sit up. What a joke Jose Poffo has turned out to be. Well let’s get to the ring for our Main Event and what a Match it is going to be! Dave?

Dave Brown: This match will be TV Time Remaining. In the ring to my right, accompanied by Sir Oliver Humperdink, The Japanese Assassins.

Dave Brown: And making their way to the ring. The King, Jerry Lawler and the American Heartthrob, Austin Idol. And your referee is Jerry Calhoun.

.>

As the match gets under way, Sir Oliver Humperdink walks over to the microphone.

Lance Russell: What do you want Humperdink?

Humperdink: Shut up Pencil Nose! I demand equal time on this show. You had time to talk to Lawler and Idol earlier, you can darn well listen to me.

Lance Russell: Well don’t you have enough to worry about in the ring.

Humperdink: I said listen not talk. My wrestlers are warriors! Lawler and Idol have no idea what is coming. Remember, Warriors always have a plan and the best warrior execute it to perfection. How dare Lawler bring up Hiroshima to my guys? If he is not careful, October 3, 1985 will be “A day that will live in infamy.” Remember there is always a plan in THE HOUSE OF HUMPERDINK!

Lance Russell: I hope you plan to go away Humperdink so we can get back to the match.

Humperdink: As you wish Pencil Nose.

Match #3:

While Humperdink was talking with Lance Russell, Lawler and Idol had their way with the Japanese Assassins. Humperdink did not even slow down on his way to the ring. He crawled on the apron and nailed Lawler with his walking stick. He turns to the back and makes a throat slashing motion. While the ref has called for the bell giving the victory to Lawler and Idol by DQ, The entire House of Humperdink hits the ring. Sabu, Myers, Humperdink, Plowboy Frazier and The Japanese Assassins start to pummel Lawler and Idol.

Lance Russell: Oh My God! We need help out here!

Lance Russell: We only have about 1 minute left on television time left. We need help from the back. Wrestlers, Security. Anybody!

Wildman Sabu and Duke Myers hold Idol down as Humperdink holds Lawler on the canvass as Plowboy Frazier hits him with Giant Splash after Giant Splash.

As the credits start to roll, Humperdink pulls out a pair of scissors and hands them to Frazier. Frazier appears ready to cut Lawler’s hair but just in the nick of time, King Cobra and Tony Anthony hit the ring! Idol breaks free from Sabu and Myers. The Rock N Roll Express overwhelm the Japanese Assassins. The fan favorites regain control of the ring as The House of Humperdink makes a hasty retreat.

Lance Russell: Let’s try to get order restored here. Get a doctor! Please, someone get a doctor!

Voice Over: "The announcers on this program are selected and paid by parties other than this station, namely, the promoters of Championship Wrestling."

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good first show here, definitely "feels" like a Memphis TV episode. I was wondering if you were going to kind of start clean or keep going off of where TravJ left off and it's cool that you decided to just keep going off of where he was, seems like that would be the more difficult choice at least in my mind.

Here we go with some Memphis Wrestling. A quick turn around which is good to see and you definitely have a style that fits with the promotion. I am glad we worked out the territory stuff and this will give you a chance to spread the appearance of the CWA in your area. The battle for Mississippi will be one that should be fun to watch unfold.

It is hard to argue that Lance Russell isn’t one of the best in the game at this point with Solie in the mix as well. I may have to do some research on Dave Brown but it is a good compliment. I like the run down of the card and the bolding helps separate things.

I love the top 10 and top 5. Should be interesting to see some people come in and possibly climb the ranks of the CWA to earn a shot at the King and the RnR.

What I really enjoy is the way you focused on character development. I think we often get fixated on the matches but here you have done things differently and let us know WHO is in the CWA not just WHAT they are doing.

A hot finish to hook us into next week. My biggest feedback would be once again looking at the formatting and figuring out what some of those big spaces are from. Other than that, a great effort to kick things into gear. Good work.

Really enjoyed what you did here. I'm so glad you followed through with my Jose Poffo skit. One thing I would change or scale back on in the future is the dickish feel of Lance had in some places. For the Poffo thing, I invisioned him being more sympathetic and half-hearted encouraging towards Poffo while at the same time going along with the jokes and smiling when somebody like Lawler is making fun.

Beyond that, a refreshing change in the format and it encourages the reader to "tune in" next week.

photo-thumb-772.jpg?_r=1434757843Continental Wrestling Association

[sHOWN LIVE] 10/10/1983

MSC STUDIOS (Memphis)

AND KENTUCKY!

Lance Russell: "Hello again, everybody! Lance Russell and Dave Brown here again for CWA Wrestling here in Memphis Tn. This promotion is growing so rapidly and is visiting so many great new cities that we here at the studios that it would only be fair that each week before we get to the ring, we would catch you, the fans, up on some of the major CWA events from the past week. Dave Brown, take it away!

Dave Brown: Well thank you Lance and great to be with you and all the wonderful wrestling fans here in the CWA. Let me get started on “This Week in the CWA”

· The Bruise Brothers are out to a 1-0 lead in their best of 7 World Series match against the Southern Tag Team Champions, The Rock N Roll Express. Remember, the loser cannot have another title shot for a full calendar year.

· Sweet Daddy O is still having trouble with Ernie Ladd’s Army. He lost matches this week to both Big Redd and Sonny King. Each match ended when Sweet Daddy O was attacked outside the ring by Ernie Ladd. Sweet Daddy O better find some help quickly or this will be a lost war!

· The Dirty White Boy, Tony Anthony and King Cobra reversed their misfortunes from last week as they defeated Buddy Landell and The NWA Mid-American Champion, Jesse Barr 2-0 in a best of three falls match. It seemed like Barr and Landell refused to work as a team but who could blame them as they face off here today for the NWA Mid-American Title.

·

· Jerry the King Lawler was able to keep his Southern Heavyweight Title by defeating Plowboy Frazier in a lights out no DQ match. Lawler wrestled the walking stick from Sir Oliver Humperdink and knocked Humperdink and Frazier to the ground. He then used the illegal piledriver on Frazier for the pin. Remember this was a no DQ match.

· In another bout, Lawler and his tag partner, Austin Idol did not fare so well against the Japanese Assassins. While the ref was distracted by Humperdink, Duke Myers snuck into the ring and caught Idol with a low blow while The Magic Dragon followed it up with a Japanese Rolling Leg Sleeper. Lawler did not see the hold as he was locked up outside the ring with Goro Tsurumi so he never was able to make the save.

· In another match for Austin Idol, he wrestled Ernie Ladd to a 1 hour time limit draw. This match was to determine the #1 seed in the upcoming CWA Television Title Tournament. The loser of this match would not be even invited into the tournament. Jerry Jarret has decided the only fair way solve this dilemma would be a coin flip which will take place tonight.

· And lastly for “This Week in the CWA, what a week it was for Brian Adias. He was undefeated for the week going 3-0 in singles competition and 2-0 in tag team competition with his partner Tommy Gilbert. In fact, Adias had his biggest win to date with a pin over Duke Myers. Sir Oliver Humperdink was really not happy about this loose. He also set the record for quickest win in CWA history. It was against Jose “The Fortunate Son, Poffo. Poffo tripped over the bottom rope coming into the ring, falling flat on his nose, which he broke. Brian just lad on him for the count of three. This 5 second loss beats his 6 second loss last week!

Lance Russell: Well thanks for that report Dave. And what do we have in store for the great fans here today?

Dave Brown: "Well, Lance, 4 big matches today. First we have Tommy Gilbert and Brian Adias taking on The House of Humperdink’s, Duke Myers and Sabu “The Wildman. In our second match, we will have an opening round match in our CWA Television Tournament. It will be Big Reed Reese vs Tony Anthony. Next, it will be Jesse Barr and Buddy Landell for the NWA mid- American Championship. In our Main Event, we will see The Rock N Roll Express vs The Bruise Brothers in their second match in their best of 7 challenge for the Southern Tag Team Belts. We will also have Austin Idol and Ernie Ladd in their coin toss for the #1 Seed in the Television Tournament. Jerry Lawler will come out and give us his views on recent comments made by both Sir Oliver Humperdink and Ernie Ladd and lastly you will see our new singles ratings and tag team ratings.

Lance Russell: “Oh brother, this is going to be some show! We will be right back with the action!

October 11: Osceola, Arkansas at the MCW Arena

October 12: Memphis, TN at the Mid-South Coliseum

October 13: Evansville, IN at the Soldiers & Sailors Coliseum

October 14: Louisville KY at the Louisville Gardens

October 15: Nashville TN at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds

October 16: Boonville, MS at the EPW Arena

· Big Red will face Daddy O in Osceola!

· It will be Jerry Lawler, Austin Idol and a wrestler to be named later against The House of Humperdink at The Mid-South Coliseum. The loser of the match must leave the CWA!

· It will be the Rock N Roll Express vs The Bruise Brothers in their third match of the best of seven for The Southern Tag Team Titles in Evansville.

· Buddy Landell or Jesse Barr will be defending their NWA Mid-American Title in Louisville

· Ernie Ladd will try and wrestle the Southern Heavyweight Title from The King in Nashville.

· The Japanese Assassins will face Tony Anthony and King Cobra in Boonville!

· These matches and many more are waiting in a CWA Arena near you!

Lance Russell: "We're back and ready to get started in the ring. Take it away Dave."

Dave Brown: "Ladies and gentlemen, in the ring now from Lexington, Tennessee, Tommy Gilbert and his partner from Denton, Texas, Brian Adias.

“And making their way to ring, led by Sir Oliver Humperdink, the team of Duke Myers and Sabu, The Wildman. Your referee is Jerry Calhoun.”

Match #1:

As Sir Oliver Humperdink distracts the ref, Sabu and Myers double-team Gilbert. Adias rushes into the ring but Ref Jerry Calhoun forces him back onto the ring apron. Sabu powerslams Gilbert and as he goes for the cover Adias rushes in again to make the save. Again, Calhoun forces him back out. Sabu picks up Gilbert while Humperdink quickly tosses the walking stick to Myers. Myers goes to hit Gilbert but misses and hits Sabu right on the head. Sabu falls and Gilbert falls right on top of him. Calhoun begins the count, Myers goes for the save but is met with a flying tackle from Adias. It is over! Adias and Gilbert continue their winning streak.

Lance Russell: Well Brian and Tommy, you two have really been on a roll as of late. That is some victory of The House of Humperdink.

Brian Adias: Well thanks Lance. We just really love all the support we are getting here in CWA from all these wonderful fans.

Lance Russell: Well I will say this, you guys are on fire lately but you better watch your backs. Humperdink does not like being outdone.

Tommy Gilbert: Lance, Don’t worry about that. I am from Texas and Brian is from right her in the great state of Tennessee. We were born ready to fight. We are like TNT always ready to explode.

Lance Russell: Well thanks for your time guys. Right now we need to go to the ring for a special coin toss with Jerry Jarrett.

Jerry Jarrett: Ok, ladies and gentlemen, as you know, I like to stay more behind the scenes but for such a big occasion, I thought I owed it to CWA to come on out and start the tournament to crown the first ever CWA Television Title. Our hope in CWA was to already have our #1 seed chosen but Austin Idol and Ernie “The Big Cat” Ladd had a wonderful match this past week but it resulted in a draw. Since they just wrestled for an hour and there was no winner, I did not think another match tonight would end with a different result. So we are going to break this tie with a coin flip. Before we can go any further, we need to have both Ernie and Austin come to the ring.

> Ernie Ladd is first to walk to the ring.>

Ladd: I am so sick and tired of the double standard here in Memphis. I had that match won dozens of times against Austin Nobodies Idol but your cracker ref was racist and gave slow count after slow count.

Jarrett: Ernie, this is not the time for your racist nonsense! You know as well as I do, the ref was fair. In fact, twice he had to tell your Army to get off the ring apron. If he wanted to he could have disqualified you and gave the victory to Idol.

Ladd: Not the time? When I say it is time, it is time! Just another white guy hiding behind words! Nobody here can defeat me. I also told you that I was to be introduced as Ernie the King Ladd! Enough of you people calling me “Big Cat” just because I am a large black man.”

Jarrett: Ok, enough is enough! Let’s get Idol out here.

Ladd: So what’s this idol! You afraid to come out here by yourself. Need to bring Queen Lawler with you.

Lawler: Ladd, watch your mouth before I slap you right back into your mama’s belly.

Jarrett: Ok. Let’s just keep this peaceful and see who is to be the number 1 seed in the tournament and who will not get to participate at all. I have here a very special coin! The white side of the coin has the logo of CWA Wrestling and the black side is engraved with a copy of the TV Championship Belt.

Ladd: You big dummy! Why is everything here black and white? Let me guess? Oh yea, that’s right this is Racist Memphis. You rednecks can sit there and boo all you want but you know I am right. This is a hotbed for the KKK and I for one will not allow this to continue. Bring out my army!

Jarrett: Let’s keep some order gentleman or their will be no coin toss. I can run this tournament with 7 instead of 8 wrestlers if I need to and you will all be fined and suspended.

Jarrett: Ok Idol, you can call it in the air.

Ladd: Why does he get to pick? Let me guess? HE IS WHITE!

Jarrett: Ladd close your mouth or

Ladd: Or what? You can’t sensor me. I will lead my Army through the streets of the disgusting city and bring riots here the likes you have not seen since 1968. Remember those riots Memphis. You will never be forgiven for 1968. Go ahead Idol, call it but if you call white and its white, we know this is fixed!

Jarrett: Ok here we go.

Jarrett: White it is. Idol you are the # 1 SEED IN THE Television Tournament. I am sorry Ernie, you will not be entered.

Big Red will face Daddy O in Osceola!

It will be Jerry Lawler, Austin Idol and a wrestler to be named later against The House of Humperdink at The Mid-South Coliseum. The loser of the match must leave the CWA!

It will be the Rock N Roll Express vs The Bruise Brothers in their third match of the best of seven for The Southern Tag Team Titles in Evansville.

Buddy Landell or Jesse Barr will be defending their NWA Mid-American Title in Louisville

Ernie Ladd will try and wrestle the Southern Heavyweight Title from The King in Nashville.

The Japanese Assassins will face Tony Anthony and King Cobra in Boonville!

These matches and many more are waiting in a CWA Arena near you!

Russell: Well King and Austin, you two really seem to have your hands full of late. I mean if it is not bad enough to deal with the House of Humperdink all the time, now you fellas have Ladd’s Army ready to attack at a moment s notice.

Lawler: Lance, enough is enough! Humperdink, we have a very special surprise waiting for you Monday night at the Mid-South Coliseum. It is Austin and myself along with our own re-enforcement to help even out the sides. Plowboy tried to cut my hair last week on national TV and failed. He tried to take this Southern Heavyweight title this week and failed! Now on Monday, The House of Humperdink will again fail! But this time Humpty Dumpty you will have one of your egg heads fall right out of CWA! Remember, which ever wrestler loses the match must leave The CWA for forever!

Lance Russell: King, you and Idol seem to be putting a lot at risk here. I mean with all the shenanigans Sir Oliver Humperdink is capable of, he might just have something up his sleeve to get one of you two out of here.

Austin Idol: No chance at that Lance. Just wait and see who is on our side when we walk out to that ring Monday night. Humperdink’s House will be missing a member when all is said and done.

Lance Russell: And as for what happened between you guys and Ladd earlier this evening?

Jerry Lawler: Well, Lance that is a completely different animal! Ladd has a warped mind. He can’t seem to get out of the 1960’s. But who does he think he is coming into my town and saying he is going to be called King Ernie Ladd! You might have taken my crown tonight but you are no King. In fact, I am so sure I am going to whoop you this week in Nashville, that I am putting two titles on the line that night. First the Southern Heavyweight Title and also the title of who is to be the real King of Memphis!

Jarrett: First of all, I am fining both you and Idol $1000 for this evenings actions!

Idol: What actions, Ladd and his Army attacked us! This is a joke.

Jarrett: Who threw the first punch is irrelevant. It was you Austin who brought Jerry Lawler to that ring. It was you who incited a near riot here tonight. We must understand this is a different time. We are here for the equality of all wrestlers.

Lawler: Well well well, the yellow bellied coward has arrived. Ladd throws a little Black Panther Party and you soak it all up. You don’t want to cross anybody for fear you will be seen as a Racist. So it is up to myself and Austin and the great people of this region of our country to defend what is right and wrong. You are just afraid of a bully! Or maybe you are just afraid of your pocketbook. That’s right Jarrett, you big money hungry sissy. Always trying to protect your dollars and no sense!

Jarrett: That’s enough Lawler. You are itching for another fine! And by the way, you are right! There are officially now two titles on the line in Nashville this week. Your Southern Heavyweight Championship and the Title of the King of CWA Wrestling. Whoever loses must place the crown upon the others head and drop The King from their name! So Ladd bring the crown to Nashville or you will be suspended. Lawler and Idol stop pushing this situation in the wrong direction or you will be fired!

Lance Russell: Well fellas, you hear him and he is the boss!

Lawler: Do you believe this?

Lance Russell: Well let’s hope peace can prevail. As we go to break, here are the current CWA Rankings for the Week of Good luck tonight fella’s and before we go to break, we have added something new to help keep our fans up to date. Each week we will reveal The Top 10 Singles Wrestlers and The Top 5 Tag Teams here in CWA.

SINGLES:

1. Jerry The King Lawler

2. Ernie Ladd

3. Buddy Landell

4. Austin Idol

5. Jesse Barr

6. Plowboy Frazier

7. King Cobra

8. Tony Anthony

9. Sabu The Wildman

10. Brian Adias

Tag Teams:

1. Rock N Roll Express

2. The Bruise Brothers

4. Brian Adias and Tommy Gilbert

5. Tony Anthony and King Cobra

· It will be Jerry Lawler, Austin Idol and a wrestler to be named later against The House of Humperdink at The Mid-South Coliseum. The loser of the match must leave the CWA!

· It will be the Rock N Roll Express vs The Bruise Brothers in their third match of the best of seven for The Southern Tag Team Titles in Evansville.

· Buddy Landell or Jesse Barr will be defending their NWA Mid-American Title in Louisville

· Ernie Ladd will try and wrestle the Southern Heavyweight Title and The Title “King of the CWA” from The Jerry Lawler in Nashville.

Lance Russell: Ok let’s get right to the ring for the opening match in the CWA TELEVISION TITLE TOURNAMENT

Dave Brown: "Ladies and Gentlemen, we're ready for our next match. It's gonna be one fall and the winner will move into the semifinals for The CWA Television Title. In the ring to my right from Bucksnort, Tennessee is The Dirty White Boy, Tony Anthony!

Dave Brown: And making his way to the ring, from Atlanta, GA at over 400 pounds, Big Red Reese. Big Reed is accompanied by Ernie “The King” Ladd. And your referee is Jerry Calhoun.

Match #2:

While the Dirty White Boy fought hard he seemed very cautious that Ladd was on the outside! After an Irish Whip by Reese, Anthony was caught with a massive short arm clothesline. Reese followed that up with THE HOLY GHOST SPLASH for the win.

Lance Russell: Well congratulations

Ernie Ladd: Shut Up Russell. Here we go again! Who did Big Red have to face? A Dirty White Boy? Is there any other kind of white boy? As for Jarrett, how dare you make a coin black and white!

Ladd: And I fixed coin at that. Since I left the ring earlier, I have flipped this darn coin over 100 times. Do you know Russell how many times it came up BLACK?

Russell: Well

Ladd: I said SHUT UP! Zero Times! Watch this?

Ladd: Another white! Jarrett and Idol planned this whole thing. From the refs slow counts the other night, to Idol getting to make the choice on the flip to a fixed coin!

Lance Russell: Come on Mr. Ladd. That seems a long way to go to prevent you from the Television Tournament! In fact, I have no idea why you are out here. You have no managerial license here in CWA yet you accompanied Big Red Reese to the ring. That is what Idol and Lawler were fined for earlier. I think you see things only from the side you want.

Ladd: Well there is no way to make rednecks see the other side! You are just going to continue to try to keep the black man down. Well I am putting a stop to it.

Ladd: Just wait to Nashville. You low life white bigots will be calling me The Southern Heavyweight Champion and you will also be calling me The King for the rest of your lives!

Lance Russell: Well I hope that is not the case. Dave, let’s get right back to the ring!

Dave Brown: Ok, The following match is for the NWA Mid-American Title. Making his way to the ring, from Jacksonville, Florida, weighing 235 pounds, the challenger, Buddy “The Nature Boy” Landell.

Dave Brown: And making his way to the ring now, the Champion, from The Double Cross Ranch in Amarillo, Texas, weighing 242 pounds, Jesse Barr. Your referee is Jerry Calhoun.

MATCH 3:

A really good match that showed both of these men’s skill rather than just rule breaking tactics. The Nature Boy seemed to have the match in control after cinching in the Figure 4 but Barr was able to crawl to the ropes to force the break. Landell quickly went to the top rope and attempted to land a corkscrew elbow drop but Barr moved away at the last second. Barr now spent the next minute getting his legs from under him but then he was all business. A few uppercuts and he had Landell reeling. Barr Irish Whipped Landell and caught him in a huge powerslam! Barr should have went for the pin but instead he picked Landell up and pushed him to the corner. A side headlock and a running start! Here is comes, THE BULLDOG! But no, Landell pushes him off at the last second and Barr flies head first into the steel ring post. Barr falls backwards. Landell for the cover. He grabs the tights and places both feet on the bottom rope. Jerry Calhoun counts, 1…..2……3…….. We have a NWA MID AMERICAN CHAMPION!

Lance Russell: Well I was not sure who would cheat who but I knew something was going to happen in that match.

Buddy Landell: I know Lance. Being friends and all with Jesse Barr, I never thought he would stoop to the level of using an illegal tactic like a closed fisted right hand!

Lance Russell: Oh brother. That’s not what I am talking about”

Buddy Landell: Again, Lance you seem to confuse me. I did not see Jesse break any other rules.

Lance Russell: Mr. Landell, I am talking about the handful of tights and the legs on the ropes for leverage during the pinfall.

Buddy Landell: Again, I just did not see Jesse try any of those things. Well here he comes now. Why don’t you ask him about it?

Lance Russell: I think you better have some answers...

Jesse Barr: Buddy what the heck are you doing? We agreed to play this straight up and let our skills decide the better man.

Buddy Landell: Ok, Ok, I understand you are upset at yourself for throwing that right hand.

Jesse Barr: You know darn well that’s not what I am talking about. You need to cheat to win, I understand that but cheater beware. I am now coming for you. That belt will be around my waste again very soon!

Buddy Landell: Spare me the pain of listening to this anymore. I beat you fair and square tonight and now I would like to go ask Jarrett who my opponent will be in my first title defense this week in Louisville.

Jesse Barr: You have no need to ask Jarrett. Your opponent will be me! I am evoking my rematch clause which is in the bylaws of the CWA. A former champion is guaranteed a rematch at the time of his choosing. I am choosing this Thursday at the Louisville Gardens!

Buddy Landell: I really don’t understand why he is so upset with himself. I mean did he really think he was going to beat the Nature Boy. I hope he is not so emotional when he loses again but you know those Texans! There are just not that bright. Well, let me go celebrate my new title!

Lance Russell: ok folks! That Buddy Landell is either a wonderful actor or the most egotistical man in all of Memphis. Come to think of it, he might be both. Well it’s time for our last break

· Buddy Landell will be defending his NWA Mid-American Title in Louisville against Jesse Barr.

· Ernie Ladd will try and wrestle the Southern Heavyweight Title and the title of “King of the CWA” from Jerry Lawler in Nashville.

Dave Brown: This match will be one fall and is the second match in The World Series of Memphis for the Southern Tag Team Titles. In the ring to my right, both partners hail from the great city of Memphis and enter this match with a 1 match to none lead, Porkchop Cash and Troy Graham, The Bruise Brothers.

Dave Brown: And making their way to the ring at a combined weight of 470 pounds, you’re Southern Tag Team Champions, The Rock N Roll Express.

Match #4:

The match is a treat for the television audience from the get go. There are many momentum swings and there are long periods of action where all 4 combatants are fighting either in the ring or on the floor. It appeared the power of Porkchop Cash was going to prove too much for the Rock N Roll Express after he nailed Robert Gibson with a powerslam but Morton was able to make the save. As ref, Jerry Calhoun pushes Morton out of the ring, Graham comes in for a devastating flying elbow but Morton rolls out of the way. He somersaults away from a running lariat from Cash and rolls to his corner.

Lance Russell: TV time is running out. We only have about 45 seconds left. If we go off the air before the conclusion of the match, the ending will be seen right here next Saturday to open the show.

Gibson enters the ring like “A house a fire.” Kicking, punching and raising hell. Morton is back on his feet and hits Graham with a dropkick that sends him out of the ring.

Lance Russell: 15 seconds to go……

Morton Irish whips Cash

Lance Russell: 10 seconds……

Morton and Gibson hit a perfect Double Drop Kick to the jaw of Cash….

Lance Russell: 5 seconds to go

Morton for the pin. Ref Jerry Calhoun hits the mat to start the count.

Voice Over: "The announcers on this program are selected and paid by parties other than this station, namely, the promoters of Championship Wrestling."

photo-thumb-39989.jpg?_r=1443898361

[sHOWN LIVE] 10/15/1983

MSC STUDIOS (Memphis)

AND KENTUCKY!

Lance Russell: "Hello again, everybody! Lance Russell and Dave Brown here again for CWA Wrestling in Memphis, TN. Well we have so much to do tonight, let’s get right to Dave Brown with “This Week in the CWA”

Dave Brown: Well thank you Lance and great to be with you and all the wonderful wrestling fans here in the CWA. Let me get all the fans caught up on all the action from this past week.

· Let’s start with the World Series Match for the southern Tag Team Championship. The Bruise Brothers were leading 1-0 as we ran out of TV time last week. We promised you that tonight we would show you the conclusion of that match. Let’s pick up in the last minute of action from last week.

It appeared the power of Porkchop Cash was going to prove too much for the Rock N Roll Express after he nailed Robert Gibson with a powerslam but Morton was able to make the save. As ref, Jerry Calhoun pushes Morton out of the ring, Graham comes in for a devastating flying elbow but Morton rolls out of the way. He somersaults away from a running lariat from Cash and rolls to his corner and makes the tag. Gibson enters the ring like “A house a fire.” Kicking, punching and raising hell. Morton is back on his feet and hits Graham with a dropkick that sends him out of the ring. Morton Irish whips Cash. Morton and Gibson hit a perfect Double Drop Kick to the jaw of Cash….

Morton for the pin. Ref Jerry Calhoun hits the mat to start the count.

Instead of counting, Calhoun tapes Morton on the shoulder and points to the apron. Morton and Gibson seem confused! Calhoun is pushing Morton to his corner. Troy Graham is up and nails Gibson from behind with a low blow. He pulls Cash on top of Robert Gibson as finally, Ricky Morton realizes he is not the legal man and exits the ring. Calhoun turns back to the action and sees the cover. He hits the mat and begins the count. Morton tries to make the save but he is caught by Graham with a clothesline. 1….2…..3…..

Dave Brown: And that is how the Bruise Brothers went up 2-0 in this World Series match. Rock N Roll Express fans that is not the worst of it. Last Wednesday in Evansville, the Bruise Brothers went up 3-0 and are now on the brink of The Sothern Tag Titles. Porkchop Cash caught Ricky Morton in a powerslam as Luke Graham and Robert Gibson were brawling on the outside.

· It was a perfect week for members of Ernie Ladd’s Army: Big Red Reese destroyed Sweet Daddy O in Osceola, Arkansas while Sonny King had wins over Sweet Daddy O and Tommy Gilbert. As a team, Reese and King had 2 victories. One over Ken Raper and Buck Zumhoffe and the other over Scott Ferris and Buck Zumhoffe.

· What a busy week the King, Jerry Lawler. This past Thursday he went nearly 30 minutes with Ernie Ladd. This match was for the Southern Heavyweight Title and the winner would also claim the nickname, The King of CWA Wrestling. This was a brawl from the beginning to the end and saw both men kick out of the others signature move. Lawler was able to survive The Big Boot and Ladd was able to break a sleeper hold from The King. The match ended with each wrestler on the outside of the ring for a Double Count-out. By the end, they seemed more interested in tearing each other apart than winning the match. I have already heard rumors of a rematch. If this was not enough, Lawler would fly across the country immediately following this match for an AWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH against Hulk Hogan in San Francisco, California. Again, this was a grueling match that would end in a 30 minute time limit draw. Lawler is definitely working his way up the national ranks and hopefully our current Southern Heavyweight Champion will someday be a World Champion. Due to this hectic schedule, Lawler will understandable not be in studio today.

· As for the House of Humperdink, it was a far from perfect week. Last Monday, The House of Humperdink lost one of its members. At the Mid- South Coliseum it was Jerry The King Lawler, Austin Idol and a surprise teammate against Humperdink’s team of Duke Myers, Plowboy Frazier and Sabu, the Wildman. That surprise teammate of King and Idol turned out to be none other than the former WWF Heavyweight Champion, Superstar Billy Graham. The wrestler who lost the match would be forced to leave the CWA! The match was back and forth and as usually Humperdink tried his best to gain the upper hand for his team. While Superstar Graham and Duke Myers were the legal men in the ring, the ref’s attention was focused on Plowboy Frazier and Jerry Lawler who were in the middle of a brawl outside the ring. Humperdink saw his opportunity and tossed the walking stick to Myers. Idol seeing this races after Humperdink only to be attacked by Sabu. Now we have 4 wrestlers going at it outside the ring and Humperdink not sure which way to go. Myers grabs the stick and swings at Graham but he ducks at the last second. He retaliates with a boot to the midsection as the walking stick wildly flies out of the ring. Graham Irish Whips Myers into the ropes and catches him in a Massive Bearhug with those huge Pythons of his. The ref hears Myers screaming in agony and turns back to the action in the ring. Myers submits! Instead of consoling their teammate, The House of Humperdink turns on Myers and attacks him! The fan favorites see this and once again go after the House of Humperdink and chase them all the way to the locker-room. Myers must now begin the “walk of shame” all by himself as the fans cheer wildly that Humperdink has lost a member.

· In Louisville on Wednesday, Jesse Barr did everything but win back his NWA Mid-American Title against Buddy Landell. While the fans were treated to a great match of skill, they were still unsure who to root for. That is until the end, when Landell did one of the more cowardly acts a champion could ever do. After numerous close pins by Barr, Landell appeared to roll out of the ring to catch his breath. Unfortunately for all involved, he never got back in the ring! The winner of the bout by count out was Jesse Barr but Landell remains the champion on a technicality. Barr is screaming for another title bout but not sure if he will get one. Also, can’t wait to see the fans reaction to Barr in his next appearance.

· In Boonville, Arkansas, The Japanese Assassins won a brutal match against Tony Anthony and King Cobra when the Magic Dragon hit King Cobra with a baseball slide drop kick and followed it up with a rolling sleeper. This gives the Japanese Assassins a leg up to become the new #1 contender for the tag belts.

· Lastly, Plowboy Frazier had a great week as a singles wrestler going 3-0 with wins over Brian Adias, Ken Raper and King Cobra.

Lance Russell: Well thanks for that report Dave. And what do we have in store for the great fans here today?

Dave Brown: "Well, Lance, 4 big matches today. First we have two newcomers as Lars Anderson takes on Randy Barber. In our second match, we will have an opening round match in our CWA Television Tournament. It will be King Cobra vs Sabu the Wildman. Next, it will be The Japanese Assassins vs Brian Adias and Tommy Gilbert. In our Main Event, we will see another opening round match in the CWA Television Tournament as the #1 seed Austin Idol takes on Sonny King. We will also hear from NWA Mid-American Champion, Buddy Landell, The Southern Tag Team Champions, The Rock N Roll Express, and what CWA Wrestling show would be complete without some words of wisdom from Sir Oliver Humperdink.

Lance Russell: “We will get right to the action after this commercial break.”

October 15: Johnson City, TN at Freedom Hall

October 16: Jonesboro, Arkansas at the ASU Arena

October 17: Memphis, TN at the Mid-South Coliseum

October 18: Evansville, IN at the Soldiers & Sailors Coliseum

October 19: Louisville KY at the Louisville Gardens

October 20: Nashville TN at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds

October 21 Oxford, MS at the C M “Tadd” Smith Coliseum

· Come see young stars like Tommy Gilbert, Brian Adias and Jesse Barr continue to try and climb the ranks of the CWA.

· Watch tag team like the Japanese Assassins, TNT, King Cobra and Tony Anthony battle it out and make a push for a title shot.

· Come and see if Jerry Lawler, Austin Idol and Superstar Graham can hold off The House of Humperdink and Ernie Ladd’s Army.

· Title Matches at the Mid-South Coliseum include The World Series Match for the Southern Tag Team Title between The Rock N Roll Express and The Bruise Brothers and the rematch between Lawler and Ernie Ladd.

· The Rock N Roll Express are also hoping they will see the Bruise Brothers in Nashville

· This and much, much more at a CWA Arena near you

Lance Russell: "We're back but before we get to the ring, let’s hear from the Southern Tag Team Champions, The Rock and Roll Express.

Lance Russell: Well guys, I can see you are a little bit down. What are your thoughts about being down 3-0 in your World Series Match to the Bruise Brothers?

Robert Gibson: To be honest Lance, we are not sure what to think. I am unsure if we have lost three matches in a row to anyone and now this has happened at the worst time.

Ricky Morton: We have won lots of titles and we have lost lots of titles. The one that Robert and I hold near and dear to our hearts is the AWA Southern Tag Team Title. With one more loss, we will not only give up the belts but we will not have an opportunity to regain them for a full year. That is something that does not sit well with us.

Robert Gibson: We understand we are down 3-0 but we have not given up. We need the fans this week at the Mid-South Coliseum on Monday and in Nashville at the Tennessee State Fair Grounds on Thursday to really be behind us. You CWA fans are the best fans in all the wrestling world. We will never quit on you and please don’t quit on us. Thanks Lance.

Lance Russell: Well good luck guys. You have a monumental task in front of you. The Bruise Brothers are no joke. Ok, let’s get to the ring for our first match.

Dave Brown: "In the ring to now, to my right, weighing in at 237 pounds, from Macon, Georgia, Randy Barber. And making his way to ring now from, standing 6’1 and weighing in at 253, from St. Cloud, Minnesota, Lars Anderson. And your referee is Jerry Calhoun.

Match #1:

Lars Anderson, sporting a Fu Man Chu Mustache and Wild Blonde locks, really makes short work of Randy Barber. From the opening bell, Anderson just wore Barber out. From hammerlocks and rear chin locks, Barber did not know what body part to protect next. Anderson, after a few uppercuts, was able to catch Barber in an armbar and force the submission.

Lance Russell: Well Mr. Anderson, that was very impressive for your first match here in CWA wrestling.

Lars Anderson: Of course it was Lance. It may be my first time here in Memphis but this is not my first rodeo. I have been champion everywhere I have gone. Whether it be in the NWA, the AWA, Hawaii or even Australia, wherever I wrestle, Championships come to me. And another thing Mr. Russell, I know you have done your homework on me.

Lance Russell: Well I will say this, you do come from one of the great wrestling families.

Lars Anderson: Not one of the best families. The best wrestling family. The Andersons or the Minnesota Wrecking Crew, strike fear in our opponents by just the mention of our names. The Anderson pedigree is what all wrestler wish they had.

Lance Russell: Well thanks for stopping by

Lars Anderson: I am not done yet. One last thing, I am putting everyone here in CWA on warning. From Lawler, to Idol, to Superstar Graham. Get in my way, and you are going to get kicked right between the teeth. Make no bones about it, I will be champion in the CWA before long!

Lance Russell: Well he is one man I would not like on my bad side. Ok, nest to the interview desk is the NWA Mid-American Champion is “The Nature Boy,” Buddy Landell

Lance Russell: Well Mr. Landell you never cease to amaze me. How could you cheat your former friend and partner, Jesse Barr out of a fair match for the Mid-American Title? I mean you just took the coward’s way out by leaving in the middle of the match.

Buddy Landell: Lance how you can be so bright and dumb at the same time. I agree with your first part. I never cease to amaze anyone. I mean just look at me compared to all those people out there in the audience. I am young, in great shape and a champion all before my 24th birthday. Girls want me and guys want to be me. But as far as cheating Jesse out of a fair title shot, you have lost me. I mean I beat him from pillar to post and just felt sorry for him. Jesse himself is only 23 years old and I did not want to ruin his self esteem any more by continue the beating, so I just walked out of the ring. I allowed Jesse to get the victory while I kept the belt. A win for me and a win for my good friend Jesse Barr.

Lance Russell: Well now I have heard everything.

Jesse Barr: Landell you are nothing but a yellow bellied coward. You know I had you beat the other night and you ran just to save the belt and what was left of your hide.

Buddy Landell: Wait a minute Jesse. I understand you are frustrated by the outcome the other night. I mean you tried you best to regain the title you had lost to me. We all know that I am clearly the better wrestler

Lance Russell: Come on Buddy, that’s enough of your nonsense.

Buddy Landell: Jesse, We are so much alike and your friendship means a lot to me. In the long run, everybody knows I am a future World Champion. At best, you will win a few regional championships during your career. I would like to offer an olive branch and give you one last shot at the NWA Mid-American Title.

Lance Russell: What are you up to Buddy?

Buddy Landell: I just want to give Jesse Barr a fair title match and I want it right now. Let’s get Jerry Jarrett to sanction this title match right now and give this studio audience a great match between the two best young wrestlers this organization has.

Lance Russell: Well, we need to take a break and we will sort all this out before we are back from commercial. Jesse are you ok with all of this.

Jesse Barr: Ok with it. This is the best news I have had since I lost the belt. Thank you Buddy for this opportunity.

Lance Russell: Ok fans, we will be right back!

October 17: Johnson City, TN at Freedom Hall

October 18: Jonesboro, Arkansas at the ASU Arena

October 19: Memphis, TN at the Mid-South Coliseum

October 21: Louisville KY at the Louisville Gardens

October 22: Nashville TN at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds

October 16: Oxford, MS at the C M “Tadd” Smith Coliseum

· Come see young stars like Tommy Gilbert, Brian Adias and Jesse Barr continue to try and climb the ranks of the CWA.

· Watch tag team like the Japanese Assassins, TNT, King Cobra and Tony Anthony battle it out and make a push for a title shot.

· Come and see if Jerry Lawler, Austin Idol and Superstar Graham can hold off The House of Humperdink and Ernie Ladd’s Army.

· Title Matches at the Mid-South Coliseum include The World Series Match for the Southern Tag Team Title between The Rock N Roll Express and The Bruise Brothers and the rematch between Lawler and Ernie Ladd.

· The Rock N Roll Express are also hoping they will see the Bruise Brothers in Louisville

Lance Russell: Ok fans, It is all set. Contracts have been signed and we have an extra match today for the Mid-American Title between Mr. Natura, Buddy Landell and Jesse Barr. Both wrestlers are in the ring and we are set to go.

MATCH 2: Jesse Barr and Buddy Landell lock up collar and elbow. Jesse Barr pushes Landell back and Landell hits the mat. He seems to be laying there and not moving. Barr looks confused. He is also very cautious as he know not to trust Landell. Landell is obviously playing opossum. Barr creeps to Landell and lays on top of him for the pin.

Jerry Calhoun hits the mat and begins the count. 1…..2……3…….

Jerry Jarrett: What was that Landell? You just threw the match. You lost on purpose. There is no way Barr pushed you hard enough to do any damage.

Buddy Landell: Did you say I just lost on purpose?

Jerry Jarrett: That is exactly what you did. Was this just because Barr is your friend?

Buddy Landell: No not at all, this is because you are such a cheapskate.

Jerry Jarrett: What are you talking about?

Buddy Landell: Well I have a contract with CWA that runs through 1985. I have asked numerous times for you to renegotiate that contract. I mean I am a star. All you say is you are too young. You are not a big enough draw.

Jerry Jarrett: Well that is all true.

Buddy Landell: Well Southeastern Wrestling believes I am worth a lot more money than you do. They said I am World Championship material. I have been offered me a contract that will pay me more than double my salary here and maybe even get an AWA World Title shot before I am 25. Here, whenever I ask about World Title shots, the only name to come up is Jerry Lawler! I mean this company is more than Lawler.

Jerry Jarrett: Well enough of your crying into that microphone. Of course this company is more than Lawler and if you work hard you may become a star one day. Right now you are just an immature, egoistical little brat.

Jerry Jarrett: You have a contract hear for another 15 months and I refuse to allow you to break it. If you do, CWA lawyers will be all over you. Forget what Southeastern has offered to pay you. You will owe me triple that for breach of contract.

Buddy Landell: If I wrestle one more sanctioned match here in CWA before 1986, you will be in breach of contract.

Jerry Jarrett: What are you talking about Landell?

Buddy Landell: Well all wrestlers here in CWA have contracts that include a match integrity clause. If we lose a match on purpose, the contract becomes null and void. This clause was obviously broken by me tonight. You even said it yourself. You said there was no way Barr pushed hard enough to get pinned. I threw the match! I am out of this redneck cow town. Just look at all the uneducated, backwards hillbillies in the audience tonight. They don’t deserve my greatness here in Memphis. Maybe I will see you in 1986 as the AWA World Champion! Maybe I will buy a ticket to one of your shows down in Arkansas or Mississippi and step over the barricade and kick the butts of your CWA wrestlers just to remind you of how could I am! Until then, Mr. Jarrett, just keep dreaming of me! Your greatest wrestler has left the building!

Lance Russell: Well that one came out of left field. Let’s go the ring for our next match as we all take a moment to figure out what just happened. Dave?

Dave Brown: This is an opening round match in the CWS Television Title Tournament. In the ring to my right, from right here in Memphis, TN, at 6’1 and weighing in at 240 pounds, King Cobra.

Dave Brown: And making his way to the ring, accompanied by Sir Oliver Humperdink, from parts unknown, standing 6’0 and weighing 252, Sabu, The Wildman.

MATCH #3:

One of the more brutal matches that you will see on TV. Sabu used all sorts of chops, Flying Savat –like kicks and illegal tactics that included closed fists punches, choke holds and biting. King Cobra was able to stay in the match by taking a few breathers outside the ring. For once, Humperdink did not interfere. He wants a championship in his stable so badly that he did not want to risk a DQ. After an Irish whip by Sabu, King Cobra ducked under a huge chop and came off the ring and caught Sabu with a cross body block. King Cobra decided what was good for the goose was good for the gander and started hitting Sabu with a full arsenal of punches. After a huge flying head scissors, King Cobra snuck up behind Sabu and caught him in the Cobra Clutch. Humperdink was beside himself and as he saw Sabu going out. He signaled for the rest of the House to attack. The Japanese Assassins hit the ring and began to pummel King Cobra. The Magic Dragon placed King Cobra in his own finisher, the Rolling Leg Sleeper and out goes Cobra. Goro Tsurami continues to kick and punch King Cobra. Ref Jerry Calhoun quickly called for the bell. King Cobra wins by DQ but King Cobra needs help before he suffers serious injuries. Superstar Graham and Austin Idol hit the ring and the House of Humperdink make a quick retreat.

Austin Idol: Enough is enough. I am sick and tired of all the nonsense going on here in the CWA. Humperdink knows his stable is just a bunch of clowns who can’t fight man to man. Sabu, Assassins, you want a match just ask. Superstar and I will fight you one on one, two on two it doesn’t matter.

Superstar Graham: Don’t even think about leaving me out of this party. I am the Superstar and order will be restored to Memphis. Humperdink you better rethink your zip code. I am coming for you. One night in my world and your shack lost Duke Myers. Keep coming to my world and you will be out of goons in no time.

Austin Idol: And Ladd, don’t think we have forgotten you are your so called army. Ladd, you are stirring up a lot of emotions here that don’t need to be stirred up. Your racist remarks have gone too far. You said Jarrett and myself planned a loaded coin game against you? Are you for real? I am coming for you and your army. I got Sonny King tonight and he will feel the wrath of my power. Ernie Ladd! Soon your army will be destroyed and it will just be you and I left. We have unfinished business.

Lance Russell: Well good luck gentlemen and we need to take a break. As we go to commercial check out the latest CWA rankings.

A RANKINGS AS OF 10/14

SINGLES:

1. Jerry The King Lawler

2. Ernie Ladd

3. Buddy Landell

4. Austin Idol

5. Plowboy Frazier

6. Jesse Barr

7. Brian Adias

8. Big Reed Reese

9. Sabu The Wildman

10. Sony King

Tag Teams:

1. Rock N Roll Express

2. The Bruise Brothers

5. Sonny King and Big Red Reese

· The Rock N Roll Express are also hoping they will see the Bruise Brothers in Louisville

Lance Russell: Well if it is not my favorite guest, Sir Oliver Humperdink. Your groups seems a little smaller this week. I mean did you ever think Superstar Graham was going to be Lawler and Idol’s partner the other night. Losing Duke Myers must be putting a strain on your organization.

Humperdink: Shut up pencil nose! Duke Myers was a loser! Always was, always will be. He was only a body to fill numbers. He never was on a path to a championship. We used him as a sacrificial lamb. Trust me Russell, it is addition by subtraction. Just look at my stable now. The future tag team champions, The Japanese Assassins. The future Southern Heavyweight Champion, Plowboy Frazier and the Sabu, the future Mid- American Champion. Also, as you know, I am always looking to add members to my stable. Within the next few weeks, Duke Myers will be replaced by at least one wrestler who will be so far superior to Duke Myers that the entire CWA will fear the House of Humperdink more than they already do.

Lance Russell: We will have to wait and see about that. Why don’t you just worry about your next match? I mean your Japanese Assassins will have their hands full with Adias and Gilbert. They are on a roll of late and have had success against your organization in the past few weeks.

Humperdink: Russell, watch and see. This will be over before you know it. Magic Dragon and Goro Tsurumi are unstoppable.

Lance Russell: Ok then! Let’s get to the ring.

Dave Brown: Ladies and Gentleman, this match is to determine a new #1 contender for the Southern Tag Team titles. Remember, after the Bruise Brothers and the Rock N Roll Express finish their World Series Match, they will be ineligible for a rematch. Making their way to the ring, the #3 Ranked team, The Japanese Assassins accompanied to the ring by Sir Oliver Humperdink. Already in the ring to my right, the 4 ranked team, the newly nick-named team, TNT, Brian Adias and Tommy Gilbert. Our referee is Jerry Calhoun.

Match #4

For once Humperdink is right. The Japanese Assassins make quick work of TNT. Adias had some early success against Tsurami but after the first tags by each team, the Assassins took complete control of the match. Using many quick tags and double team moves, The Assassins had Tommy Gilbert in a world of trouble. Magic Dragon whipped Gilbert into the corner and caught him with a knife hand chop. Gilbert went down and Dragon hit the ropes at full speed and caught Gilbert with a baseball slide dropkick. He followed that up with a Rolling Leg Sleeper. Adias tried to make the save but was caught by Tsurami. Ref Jerry Calhoun called for the bell as Gilbert goes out.

Lance Russell: Well maybe Humperdink is right. That’s the best the Japanese Assassins have looked. Maybe a championship is in their future. We will be right back.

Dave Brown: This match will be TV Time remaining and is a first round match in the CWA Television Champion Tournament. In the ring to my right, a member of Ernie Ladd’s Army, Sonny King.

Dave Brown: And in the ring to my left, from Las Vegas, Nevada, The Universal Heartthrob, Austin Idol. Your referee is Jerry Calhoun.

Match #5:

Idol and Sonny King will have to go it alone tonight as Jerry Jarrett has barred Jerry Lawler and Ernie Ladd and his army from ringside. The match starts with King refusing to break cleanly after both wrestlers were in the ropes. In this match, King is more of a boxer than a wrestler. He hits Idol with all kinds of punches including a Rocking Bolo Punch. Idol is in danger until his is able to get King off his feet with a big bodyslam. Idol begins to wear down the legs of King by nailing him with a few elbow drops and ankle locks. Idol catches King in a sleeper and it looks over. King is able to force his way to the ropes and the ref calls for the break. Sonny is practically out on his feet. Idol drags King to the center of the ring. He picks up one of King’s Legs and steps around the foot. He is going for the Las Vegas Leglock. (Figure 4) He locks in the other leg and falls to the mat. He is squeezing with all his might. King writhing in pain, slaps the mat and submits to Idol.

Lance Russell: Wait a minute ladies and gentlemen. 4 of Memphis’ finest have walked out to the ring.

Lance Russell: Jerry, can you shed some light on what is happening right now.

Jerry Jarrett: It would be best if that came from the man to my right. This is Memphis Police Detective, James Earl Wright and he has a very serious matter to inform us of.

Det. Wright: I do apologize for making a scene here on live television, but I must inform you these officers are here to arrest Sonny King.

Lance Russell: Can you give us any more information? I mean this is live television. If you do not tell us anything else, the rumors are going to run rampant through this city. If you have tuned in at all over the last few weeks, there is a racial powder keg about to blow here in Memphis and the CWA.

Det. Wright: I understand your request and even though it is highly unusual, we do not want to cause any more problems. The reasons Sonny King is being arrested is for inciting a riot, destruction of public and private property, and for his actions in a hate crime.

Lance Russell: Those are some serious allegations.

Det. Wright: Well we have 3 police officers who witnessed Sonny King’s actions in The Memphis Health and Science Park last night. Mr. King led a rally of young black males in that park and told them to rise up to the authority and stop allowing the white man to keep them down. He then took a Confederate Flag from the park’s entrance and burned it. This really seemed to excite the young black males who seemed ready for violence. If this was not enough, Mr. King took a can a black spray paint and defaced the statue of Nathan Bedford Forest.

Lance Russell: Those are some serious crimes Detective.

Det. Right: Lance, they are Very serious. Memphis is a city about to boil over and Sonny King is the cause of this. Officers please arrest Mr. King.

Jerry Jarrett: Well this is a very unfortunate situation for the CWA. We will examine this and have more information for you next week.

Lance Russell: Well Jerry, I just don’t understand in today’s day and age, why people stoop to such low levels. Sonny King had a promising career and might have just thrown it away. I believe he may have a long time to rethink his actions. I mean especially in the city where Dr. King lost his life, can’t we all learn to get along. Well, sorry fans that you had to witness this but we are out of time for this week. Hopefully next week, we can let our wrestling ability be the focus of the show. On a positive note, Austin Idol is now in the semifinals for the TV Championship.

Voice Over: "The announcers on this program are selected and paid by parties other than this station, namely, the promoters of Championship Wrestling."photo-thumb-39989.jpg?_r=1443898361

Well seems like I have competition in the really long TV department now.

Austin Idol and Ernie Ladd in a 1 hour time limit is a rather bold choice to make. Pretty good interviews here from everyone, especially Landell. I'm going to miss him in Memphis. That was a rather unique way to write him out too.

The use of Jerry Jarret as the authority figure is a little jarring to me though since he rarely did that and usually left that role to Eddie Marlin (who was great at it)

I don't know about using "young star" to describe Tommy Gilbert :)

Thanks for the reviews. Goc, I am somewhat new to Memphis and I need to do some research on Eddie Marlin. Thanks for the guidance. I agree with Tommy GIlbert not being a young star but he might be the best some of my small gymnasium venues is going to see so I want them to feel like they are getting a decent show.

As for the long show, I am sorry but I find it easier then writing two or 3 a week with info on the house shows.

Wasn't really a complaint about the long show just an observation. Though the one thing you might want to do to tighten things up is instead of repeating the run downs of what the upcoming arena shows are going to have on them, just mention that the advertisement was replayed after you do it the first time.

Yeah, once you have put it up there once it is okay just to reference it. Long shows are in no way a problem. If that's the way you want to write, I say go for it. It seems like it works for you as your promos and especially Lance ring mostly true. I also like your transitions between segments a lot. The show flows together really well in most cases. It's something I've found myself looking at in my shows and not seeing, so I tend to notice when I see it work.

• 2 weeks later...

photo-thumb-39989.jpg?_r=1443898361

10/22/1983

MSC STUDIOS (Memphis)

AND KENTUCKY!

Lance Russell: "Hello again, everybody! Lance Russell and Dave Brown here again for CWA Wrestling in Memphis, TN. Well we have so much to do tonight, let’s get right to Dave Brown with “This Week in the CWA”

Dave Brown: Well thank you Lance and great to be with you and all the wonderful wrestling fans here in the CWA. Let me get all the fans caught up on all the action from this past week.

· Next let’s get back to the World Series Match for the southern Tag Team Championship. The Rock N Roll Express was able to pull even at 3 matches apiece with the Bruise Brothers. The latest win took place last Monday at the Mid-South Coliseum and for the third time in a row the Rock n Roll Express caught Troy Graham with a double dropkick for the pin. The final showdown between these two teams will be Halloween Night at the Mid-South Coliseum.

· The Mid-South Coliseum also saw the rematch between Ernie Ladd and Jerry Lawler. This was for the Southern Heavyweight Championship and for the title of “The King of CWA Wrestling.” This match once again was unable to produce a winner. The match ended with both wrestlers tired and bloody after a 30 minute draw.

· Perhaps the most interesting match this week was at the Mid-South Coliseum was a Special Challenge Match. Ladd, by telegram, had been challenged by a Mystery Opponent who said he was tired of all of Ladd’s Racist Rhetoric. Since Ladd was already facing Lawler that night, he accepted the match on behalf of Big Red Reese. As Reese stood in the ring wondering who his opponent was, the speakers began to blare “Another One Bites The Dust” by Queen. The crowd erupted as the legendary Junk Yard Dog came to the ring. JYD was obviously angry and took it out on Reese catching him with a huge THUMP. (Powerslam) for the victory.

· The Japanese Assassins and Sir Oliver Humperdink continue to roll after becoming the new #1 contenders for the AWA Southern Tag Team Championship. In Evansville, Indiana, they once again defeated TNT, Adias and Gilbert, after a rolling sleeper by the Magic Dragon on Tommy Wright. The next night in Louisville, they defeated Tony Anthony and King Cobra as Goro Tsurumi nailed Tony Anthony with a Powerbomb! The one match they did not win was a 6 man tag match at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds in Nashville. The Japanese Assassins and Sabu faced Jerry Lawler, Austin Idol and Superstar Graham. This match ended in a NO CONTEST as ref Jerry Calhoun lost all control.

· CWA Wrestling continues to grow by leaps and bounds. This week, CWA President, Eddie Marlin announced that CWA will now be in control of Mississippi Valley Wrestling. This was a small independent company that operated in and around the city of Memphis and the Mississippi River. The wrestlers and the titles of this organization will now be part of the CWA. CWA, as part of the deal, is keeping the promotions championships intact. These championships will only be contested in CWA events in Arkansas, Mississippi, Missouri and the city of Memphis. At the current time, The Mississippi Valley Championship is vacant while the Mississippi Valley Tag Team Championship is held by the duo of Moondog Moretti and Hacksaw Higgans.

· Lastly, Len Denton made a successful CWA debut with his victory over Ken Raper.

Dave Brown: "Well, Lance, 4 big matches today. First, it will be the newest member of Ernie Ladd’s Army in a handicap match against Randy Barber and Sweet Daddy O. Ladd has refused to tell us who this new member is. In our second match, it will be the House of Humperdink taking on Buck Zumhoffe and Scott Ferris in tag team action. Next we have an opening round match in our CWA Television Tournament. It will be Lars Anderson vs Brian Adias. Our main event will be Superstar Graham vs Big Red Reese. We will also hear from the Ernie Ladd, Sir Oliver Humperdink, The Bruise Brothers, The Southern Heavyweight Champion, Jerry Lawler, Austin Idol and Superstar Graham. And what show would be complete without a little Poffomania! That’s right folks, The Fortunate Son, Jose Poffo is back!

Lance Russell: “Wow Dave what a show we have tonight. We will get right to the action after this commercial break.”

October 22: Caruthersville, Missouri at the Hopke Fieldhouse

October 23: Blythville, Arkansas at the American Legion Arena

October 24: Memphis, TN at the Mid-South Coliseum

October 25: Evansville, IN at the Soldiers & Sailors Coliseum

October 26: Louisville KY at the Louisville Gardens

October 27: Nashville TN at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds

October 28: Tupelo, MS at the Lee County Fairgrounds

· The match of the week will be in the Mid-South Coliseum as Jerry “The King” Lawler and Junk Yard Dog take on Ernie “The Big Cat” Ladd and “Hacksaw” Butch Reed

Lance Russell: "We're back but before we get to the ring, we must hear from Ernie “The Big Cat” Ladd

Lance Russell: Well it is usual that I look forward to talking to you but so much has happened in the past week that I want to get your perspective on a few things. First, Mr. Ladd what do you to say about the criminal involvement of your Former army member, Mr. Sonny? King.

Ernie Ladd: Watch your mouth, Russell and before I get started, How Dare you introduce me as “The Big Cat.” I told you I am the King!

Lane Russell: Until you defeat Jerry “The King”

Lance Russell: As I was saying, until you defeat Lawler and make claim to that moniker, there is only one King in CWA in my mind.

Ernie Ladd: Again, the racism is so blatant that you can’t even see it. As for Sonny King, he is far from a criminal. He is an activist in a war that rages in the hearts of all black Americans. Do you know what he did?

Lance Russell: Well, yes, Det. Wright explained to us last week exactly what Sonny King did.

Ernie Ladd: Again, your cracker brain hears only what it wants to. Sonny King did burn a Confederate Flag. He burned a symbol of oppression for millions of American people. Good for Sonny King. Number 2, he is charged with inciting a riot. According to our U.S. Constitution, All people have the right to Assemble. That is all he did! The problem for you Memphis rednecks is that you are afraid anytime Black people gather. So ignorant are you all.

Lance Russell: Well Mr. Ladd, you cannot possible agree with Sonny King defacing a statue in the park of a Southern Hero!

Ernie Ladd: Southern Hero, Southern Hero! Do you have any idea who Nathan Bedford Forest is?

Lance Russell: Well it has been awhile since I have been in school, but he is a Civil War Hero. Exactly what he did seems to have slipped my mind.

Ernie Ladd: You are no better than any of the other crackers around here. Nathan Bedford Forest is the founder of the Klu Klux Klan. That’s right Sonny King defaced a statue honoring the KKK.

Lance Russell: Well Mr. Ladd, a crime is a crime and Sonny King is no longer a member of your Army. How do you plan on replacing him?

Ernie Ladd: We will get to that it just a moment. But first, I am sick and tired of the praise this organization gives to Jerry Lawler. You barely escaped with your title after our last match. I am demanding that this be settled. I want you in a Steel Cage. No time limit. No DQ. Winner take all. The Southern Title and the title, “The King of CWA Wrestling.” And when I am done with Lawler, don’t think I have forgotten the attack last Monday Night by the Biggest Uncle Tom this side of the Mississippi River. That’s right! Junk Yard Dog. How dare you stick your nose in my business! You may bow down to all these fans but it is not helping your cause. I am coming for you and beware, in just a moment, you will see how strong this army.

Lance Russell: Ok, enough with all the suspense Ladd. He is joining your army as you seem ready to fight the whole world.

Ernie Ladd: My Army is in a Crusade for Justice. We want Black Power to rise up and take control. Take control of what is rightfully ours. I recently made a call for all Black wrestlers in the CWA and the entire wrestling world to join me in this war. Last week, we lost Sonny King but wait to you see who has answered the call.

Lance Russell: Do you want to shed some light on the situation?

Ernie Ladd: I would prefer to show you and watch the fear in the faces of you white racist and black Uncle Tom’s. Lawler, Idol and anyone else who gets in our way, watch what your fate will be! Dave Brown, introduce that first match right NOW!

Dave Brown: Ladies and Gentleman, our first match will be a handicap match. In the ring to my right is the team of Randy Barber and Sweet Daddy O.

Ernie Ladd: This man has come to help restore order and culture to this city of filth. Black Power is back in Memphis and I mean POWER! It is Hacksaw Butch Reed!

MATCH 1: HACKSAW BUTCH REED VS RANDY BARBER AND SWEET DADDY O

Reed grabs Barber and literally throws him halfway across the ring. He picks him up and gives him a short armed clothesline that nearly decapitates him. He picks him up by the hair and Gorilla Press slams him straight to the corner. Barber tags Sweet Daddy O who is in shock and fear at the same time. He is so reluctant to enter the ring but it doesn’t matter. Reed grabs him around the arms and Double Underhook Suplexes him into the ring. He picks up Sweet Daddy O onto his knees. Places his head between his legs and lifts him up. WHAM! A spike Piledriver. Jerry Calhoun quickly calls for the bell as this move is illegal in CWA. Reed doesn’t seem to care. He picks up Sweet Daddy O and gives him the same treatment. Calhoun is waving furiously as the bell rings over and over again. Ladd scoops up Barber, another Gorilla Press Slam and then another on Sweet Daddy O. The two are laying on the mat twisted up like pretzels.

Graham and Austin try their best but cannot stop The Army. Eventually Ladd catches Graham with a Big Boot and then turns his attention to Idol who has his hands full with Reed. After only a few seconds of double teaming, Reed has Idol up in Gorilla Slam position. He throws him right onto on Graham. The ring is layered with bodies. Graham, Idol, Barber and Sweet Daddy O all look like they need medical attention. Reed and Ladd walk to the center of the ring and raise their fists in a symbol of BLACK POWER!

Lance Russell: We need to take a break and get order restored but before we do, take a look at this tape sent to us by a man named JR Foley.

JR Foley: Ladies and Gentleman of Memphis, I am JR Foley and I am the leader of the Commonwealth. We are coming to an arena near you very soon as we are waging war on the uneducated and uncultured people of your area! My men will soon lead a movement to try and enlighten the people of the American South.

>

Lance Russell: We are back but unfortunately we must here from Sir Oliver Humperdink.

Humperdink: Shut up pencil nose. It seems like Lawler’s days are numbered as well as his bleached blonde bums he calls friends, Idol and Superstar Graham.

Lance Russell: It is ironic that you could make fun of someone’s hair color! Does this mean you are going to take a back seat to Ladd and allow him to attempt to take out Lawler?

Humperdink: Buddy Landell was right about one thing Russell. You are DUMB! The House of Humperdink will never take a backseat to anyone. In fact, I have come out here to announce that my stable of superior wrestlers is at an all-time high.

Lance Russell: Same story different day, Humperdink. I mean you just lost one of your greatest wrestlers in Duke Myers. How could your stable be at its best?

Humperdink: Do you think Ernie Ladd is the only one recruiting out there. I have just purchased the contracts of one of the best CWA wrestlers. Gold will be in my possession very shortly.

Lance Russell: Are you saying someone actually wants to be guided by you?

Humperdink: Everyone wants to be a member of my stable. I provide the best training, the best guidance and not to mention the best protection but you got one thing wrong again Pencil Nose.

Lance Russell: What could that possible be? Who is this wrestler?

Humperdink: As Ladd did, I would rather show you in the ring. The next match is his debut for The House of Humperdink!

MATCH 2: From out of nowhere comes Jesse Barr

Lance Russell: Oh no, for once, Sir Oliver Humperdink is speaking the truth. The House of Humperdink is significantly better now!

Barr, the former NWA Mid-American title holder, seems much meaner and nastier the ever. He seems to have little regard for the rules and he is punching, kicking and using the ropes to his advantage. Barr continues to destroy Zumhoffe. After just picking him up, Barr just dropped him across the top rope, neck first, Jesse Barr than nails him with a big bulldog for the win. The match only lasted 4:12.

Lance Russell: Ladies and Gentlemen, standing to my right, is one of the fiercest tag teams in all of Wrestling. The Bruise Brothers.

Porkchop Cash: Brother, we are mad! We are upset! We wanted a sweep over those little girls, The Rock N Roll Express. We were up 3-0 and maybe we are a little off our game right now.

Troy Graham: Halloween Night at the Mid-South Coliseum, I guarantee we will be the new AWA Southern Tag Team Champions. Make no mistake about it, the Rock N Roll Express are in for the beating of a lifetime.

Porkchop Cash: Morton and Gibson, your days are numbered. I promise you that Jack!

Lance Russell: Men of few words but they seem ready to give the Rock N Roll Express all the can handle on Halloween Night. Remember, the winners are the AWA Tag Team Champs while the losers cannot have a title shot for a full calendar year. This one is for all the marbles. Let’s get back to the ring for our next match.

Dave Brown: Ok ladies in gentlemen. Our next match will be the final match in the opening round of the CWA Television Tournament. Already in the ring from the great state of Texas, weighing 238 pounds, Brian Adias.

Dave Brown: And making his weigh to the ring now, from Minnesota and weighing 253 pounds, Lars Anderson.

MATCH 3: Lars Anderson vs Brian Adias: OPENING RD OF TELEVISION TOURNAMENT

This was a tremendous match where Adias was able to use his speed early and seemed to be on control. He actually had Anderson set up for his finisher, The Russian Leg Sweep when another large man strolled by the ring pointing at Adias! This was the split second distraction that Anderson needed to regain control. From there on, he wore down Adias’s right arm and finally forced him to submit to an armbar...

Dave Brown: Your winner by submission at 9:47, Lars Anderson.

Lance Russell: First of all Lars, congratulations on your first round victory. Next, while the fans here might not know exactly who this man to your right is but I most certainly do.

Lars Anderson: That’s right Lance! After only a few short weeks here in the CWA, I see that nobody here fights one on one. This person has his own stable, that person has an army and do you ever see Lawler without Idol? Well, I called in one of the nastiest men you will ever see to balance the odds. This man is Gene Anderson. That’s right folks, The Minnesota Wrecking Crew is back together.

Gene Anderson: From now on, whenever you see one Anderson, you know the other is close by. We are old school and when you wrestle us, you will now that you have been in a war. Rock N Roll Express, Bruise Brothers, Japanese Assassins! It doesn’t matter to us. The Minnesota Wrecking Crew is here for the Southern Tag Team Titles!

Lance Russell: Fans, you might not be familiar with the Minnesota Wrecking Crew, but make no mistake about it. They leave a wave of destruction wherever they go. Tag Teams, you have been put on notice. Beware! As we go to break, take a look at the newest CWA Ratings.

A RANKINGS AS OF 10/21

SINGLES:

1. Jerry The King Lawler

2. Ernie Ladd

3. Austin Idol

4. Plowboy Frazier

5. Jesse Barr

6. Lars Anderson

7. Superstar Graham

8. Big Reed Reese

9. Sabu The Wildman

10. Brian Adias

Tag Teams:

1. Rock N Roll Express

2. The Bruise Brothers

5. King Cobra and Tony Anthony

>

Lance Russell: Well guys, it seems like the job of protecting right from wrong here in CWA Wrestling has just gotten tougher. I mean we all saw what Reed and Ladd did to you guys a little earlier and now the House of Humperdink adds Jesse Barr!

Austin Idol: That’s right Lance, I got my butt beat a bit earlier. It is not the first or the last time but I will tell you one thing. Ladd, Reed, you have not seen the last of us. We will see you real soon and you better bring you’re A game.

Superstar Graham: Reed you might be a big boy but I am BIGGER! I was caught off guard today but let me tell you something. You see these pythons.

Superstar Graham: Soon they will be wrapped around you so tight, you will beg for mercy. You can beg all you want but I am going to squeeze the life out of you. This wonderful city of Memphis doesn’t want to see your face here anymore. Idol and I are going to deliver!

Lance Russell: Well Jerry, I have not spoken with you since your matches with Ernie Ladd or the AWA Champion, Hulk Hogan.

Jerry Lawler: First of all, I would like to thank the AWA for the title shot. Hogan is one big man but all giants must fall one day. If I get another title shot, I will be World Champion. As for Ladd, that Big Dummy is going down real soon! The garbage that comes from his mouth has all the people around here walking on eggshells! The best thing to do with egg shells is throw them in the garbage and that’s just where the Big Dummy is going. IN THE GARBAGE! He is never taking my Southern Title and I promise you one thing, nobody will ever call him the King of the CWA! Halloween night, Ladd! It’s me and you in a steel cage! No DQ! No Time Limit! The Big Dummy will fall. One more thing Ladd! How did you like seeing my friend last Monday night? That’s right! JYD.

Jerry Lawler: You are in for the fight of your life and your whole army might just get bit by the BIG DOG!

Lance Russell: Ladies and Gentlemen, we need to take an unscheduled break as we try to get some order restored once again.

>

Lance Russell: Well I am sure we have not seen the last of the War between Ladd’s Army and Lawler and his allies. I have just been assured that our Main Event will be as Scheduled between Superstar Graham and Big Reed Reese. Eddie Marlin, CWA President, has also said if Lawler, Idol, Ladd or Reed leaves the locker room during that match, they will receive a 90 day suspension.

Lance Russell: Jose, you are just the person we need to see tonight here on CWA wrestling. I mean you always seem to lighten the mood. Whether it is your attempt at a sit up record or you tripping on the ring ropes and losing in 5 seconds. Trust me, Jose. We really need you to lighten the mood tonight!

Jose Poffo: Thank you Mr. Russell. I understand that things have not gone well of late but tonight, Poffomania will be at an all-time high. Tonight, I would like to challenge a member of our studio audience to an arm wrestling match. If I lose, I will give away two tickets to the most amazing wrestling show ever!

Lance Russell: Wow, you must be really confident tonight. You are going to give away two tickets to the Halloween Night event at the Mid-South Coliseum. That is going to be some show.

Jose Poffo: No, No, Mr. Russell. My father, Angelo Poffo is holding a wrestling event that is centered on my family. This will be a great show in our family barn and Poffomaina will be running wild! Oh Yeah!

Lance Russell: Oh Brother, Poffo has chosen a young girl of about 20 years of age. She might weigh 110 pounds soaking wet. Well finally Poffo has set up something he cannot fail at.

ARMWRESTLING MATCH: Jose Poffo vs unknown girl

Ref Paul Morton is in the ring and has the two arms centered and ready to go. The match begins on his signal.

Lance Russell: OH MY GOSH! She beat him in under 3 seconds. Poffo is bedside himself. He is jumping around and screaming that the match was not fair. He is saying that he is left handed and demands a rematch. The young girl laughs and accepts.

Ref Paul Morton is in the ring and has the two arms centered and ready to go. The match begins on his signal.

Lance Russell: I don’t believe it. This time she slams his arm to the table in 2 seconds! Jose should have quit while he was behind. Poffomania does seem to be running wild.

Lance Russell: Well that is exactly what we needed tonight! Something to ease some of the tension that is in the air.

Dave Brown: Well this Main Event might not help the situation. It will be with TV Time remaining. Already in the ring, a member of Ernie Ladd’s Army, standing 6’5 and weighing 410 pounds, Big Redd Reese.

Dave Brown: His opponent, standing 6’4 and weighing 275 pounds, former WWF Champion, Superstar Billy Graham. Your referee will be Jerry Calhoun.

MATCH 4: BIG RED REESE VS SUPERSTAR GRAHAM

Neither man seems to care that their allies are banned from ringside. They seem to have a strong dislike for each other and Jerry Calhoun has his hands full trying to keep this under control. Wrestling rules do not seem to apply to this match. As TV time starts to wind down, Superstar Graham buckles the knees of Big Redd with a few overhand smashes. He thinks he has weakened him so he goes for his signature finisher, A BEARHUG! Graham can barely get his arms around the 400 pound giant. Reese still has his feet on the ground and is able to fight his way to the ropes. Both men topple over the top to the studio floor. Graham seems a bit worse for wear. Red sees Graham on the floor and leaps into the air and crushes down on him with a HOLY GHOST splash on the concreate floor. This match is all but over. There is no way Graham could get back to the ring.

Lance Russell: We are under two minutes remaining in our TV Time.

Instead of rolling back into the ring and getting the win, Big Red picks up a chair and clocks Graham over the head. Graham is now busted wide open for the second time today.

Lance Russell: About 1 minute remains.

Ref Jerry Calhoun calls for the bell. Big Red Reese has disqualified Reese. From the back comes two men who quickly begin to beat on Reese. Reese has no chance in this two on one and. They are throwing wild haymakers and Reese is in trouble. Superstar Graham is back on his feet and joins the fracas. Reese is out on his feet!

Lance Russell: We will have to wait to next week to find out who those wrestlers were that helped Superstar out. See you next week folks!

· Finals for the CWA Television Championship

· 4 Wrestlers Battle in a one night fight for the vacant NWA Mid-American Title

· Match 7 between The Rock N Roll Express and The Bruise Brothers for the AWA Southern Tag Team Championship

· Jerry Lawler vs Ernie Ladd for the Southern Heavyweight Title and the Title of “King of Wrestling.”

Lots of stuff going on here for sure. I like how the Ladd/Lawler angle was furthered throughout the show, even when neither was on the screen. The addition of Reed AND JYD to this angle can only mean great things. The Wrecking Crew forming up was a nice addition to your already stacked tag team division. Barr isn't somebody I can claim to have seen much of, but he seems like a guy you have uses for. Superstar Graham is an interesting choice for Memphis and I can see him negating the Reed strength advantage. Idol needs a bigger role if you ask me, but it seems like he's on the way up. Jose Poffo was handled in a much more Lance manner this time and I would agree that the show would have been incredibly tense with the Ladd-Lawler stuff continually rearing it's ugly (in a great way) head.

JYD getting Big Red Reese up for the Thump would have been quite a sight, not sure if he could have managed that honestly. Ernie Ladd vs. Jerry Lawler sounds like a hell of a match, I'd pay money to see that one.

JYD & Lawler vs. Ladd & Butch Reed is one hell of a main event for the Mid-South Coliseum, no doubt about it. I'm intrigued to see who JR Foley's team will be although I suspect I know one of the new members is from New Zealand.

Don't know how I feel about the possibility of a Lars & Ole Anderson match against the RNRs. Having just watched some of Lars in 1983 from New Zealand's On the Mat he's kind of past his expiration date and Gene was full on expired. I guess Ricky Morton could probably make it work though by creating all the movement and selling big time for them.

Ok so is someone actually playing the role of Jose Poffo? I like the joke but it doesn't seem like there is anyone on the Memphis roster who really fits for that role and I'm kind of against the idea of totally making up wrestlers for this project.

I'm guessing the two men who ran out to help Superstar share a last name with him but I'll have to wait until next week to find out for sure.

Ok so is someone actually playing the role of Jose Poffo? I like the joke but it doesn't seem like there is anyone on the Memphis roster who really fits for that role and I'm kind of against the idea of totally making up wrestlers for this project.

Angelo Rivera on loan from Puerto Rico.