Pro Wrestling Only

We Don't Know Wrestling SUPERTHREAD!

This is our last show on our SoundCloud and that feed. Will plug away once I know everything is up and running.
EDIT: RSS feed is up and will update iTunes and Stitcher next week. So if you are waiting to download past episodes, not sure why you would, do that before then cause those shows will go to the nether after next week http://wrestlingwithwords.com/feed/podcast/we-dont-know-wrestling

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/podcast/we-dont-know-wrestling-always-bury-tanners-part-2/
Part 2 of the potentially award winning wrestling award show. Thought Part 1 was an epic disaster? We haven’t even scratched the surface. Sam and Tanner are once again joined by Dylan Hales, Fray, and TJ Hawke. Someone is steamrolled, narratives are questioned, stunning arguments are lost in the deep darkness of the interweb. Technical issues would not stop the Always Bury Tanners. Once again, feel free to tweet thoughts on the show with #WDKW so I can shamelessly RT or Like your tweets to give the illusion of interacting with the audience.

Awards on this show are:

Promotion of the Year

Match of the Year

Wrestler of the Year

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/podcast/we-dont-know-wrestling-2016-is-the-wrestling-twilight-zone/

Kris Zellner joins us this week for the most wrestling-centric podcast We Don’t Know Wrestling has ever experienced. The days preceding this podcast were absolutely nutty. You have AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Karl Anderson, and Doc Gallows leaving NJPW probably for WWE. You have a very nice lookingFantasticaMania lineup from NJPW/CMLL. You also have the tremendous weekend for Georgia pro wrestlingup ahead. On top of all that? Yeah, John Cena’s injury breaks on air.

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/podcast/we-dont-know-wrestling-southern-wrestling-star-ratings/

Southern wrestling and star ratings go together about as well as the American justice system and Steven Avery. Yet here Sam and Tanner are joined by Devon Hales this week talking probably a little too much about both. Devon this prior weekend had gone on a southern indie tour to WrestleMerica, Universal Independent Wrestling, and Atlanta Wrestling Entertainment. We talk about the switcher-a-roo that occurred at WrestleMerica as well as the HOT Chip Day vs. Tommaso Ciampa match from AWE. Somehow things unraveled into a topic about star ratings and the apparent subjective nature of the meaning of any and all symbols. Fair to say that Tanner was incorrect. OTHER THINGS THAT GET MENTIONED: ROH is running a inflatable tube man card in Atlanta, Virus vs. Jushin Liger still feels like a dream, EVOLVE has a Style Battle Tournament that no one is really talking about, and Tanner does not go to indie shows. Plus more that I am probably forgetting while typing this up.
Also, if you want to tweet about the show use the hashtag #WDKW so I can FIND YOU AND RT COMPLIMENTS CAUSE I AM POTENTIALLY NEEDY!

Hugh Little everybody! Hugh joins Tanner and Sam as they discuss what Tanner calls “Like another WrestleMania Weekend.” A truly inspiring description if there ever was one, believe that. Truly though, we try and run the gambit of events going down from Proving Ground Pro to EVOLVE to ROH to WWE and before we finish up we give Fantasticamania a quick hit as well. Tanner takes the reigns for most of this week…so if you are wondering how that goes you absolutely should listen.

Make sure to check out Sheet Sandwich and Talking Sheet for great coverage on the coverage of the finest of arts, pro wrestling.

• 2 weeks later...

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/podcast/we-dont-know-wrestling-freelance-mark/

Mark Maxwell joins Sam and Tanner this week as they break down the rad looking Freelance Wrestling card going down on February 5th, The Scene Is Dead, Long Live The Scene. We learn of a new match that will be happening on the show, Sam momentarily expresses his disdain for Ethan Page as a wrestler, talk aboutintergender wrestling happens, and of course we show our love for the one and only Jimmy Rave. Looks like a hot show that will be streamed LIVE on YouTube for FREE! If you like what you see and can afford to send a little scratch their way then donate a little. That money goes straight to booking even more cool talent. If you can’t, at least spread the word on Twitter.

After Mark leaves the guys the show goes down hill in a hurry. Sam is trying to book a Brazilian version of PRIDE which means he really isn’t listening to Tanner while he does some back patting. Great audio content.

• 1 month later...

WE ARE BACK!

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/podcast/we-dont-know-wrestling-gwe-bonanza/

We Don’t Know Wrestling is back after a short break and we are joined by Case Lowe this time out to talk the Greatest Wrestler Ever project over at PWO. We run through our tentative top 10s, who has gone up our ballots, who has fallen down are ballots, and wrestlers we are sure unsure about whether we will rank at all. The lists are weird and still don’t have a clue what we are doing except for maybe Case. But he has less of a life than us so I guess it is okay.

Would be interested if Tanner and Case have watched the July 1994 Williams match lately. I though Misawa was grand in that match. I can see Misawa hiding in tags as a critique that is worthy of throwing on Misawa but saying hes never the best guy in a match is a pretty extreme statement to make.

Would be interested if Tanner and Case have watched the July 1994 Williams match lately. I though Misawa was grand in that match. I can see Misawa hiding in tags as a critique that is worthy of throwing on Misawa but saying hes never the best guy in a match is a pretty extreme statement to make.

I haven't watched it in awhile but I've seen it before. I don't think I meant to say that he's *never* been the best guy in a match, but he's certainly played second fiddle in a lot of matches that I've seen recently.

May just be a matter of tastes as with the Kawada/Misawa tags vs. Jumbo/Taue I have preferred Misawa for most of those as evidenced in my burning question reviews. Agree with you and Parv that Misawa typically does hide out in tags with Akiyama and Kobashi. To me that adds to his case more but I certainly can see it as a negative as well.

Overall this was a fun podcast to listen to and a lot of guys were covered. Watching IWA-MS in US HIstory class is also hilarious and actually sounds appropriate to me.

Been a bit since I've seen that match myself, but I do agree that saying he was *never* the best guy in a match was a little extreme. It is really no slight considering he was in there with guys I love like Kawada, Kobashi, Taue and Vader and I still think he is fantastic wrestler, just the lesser of those guys I mentioned.

I listened to this.

Agree with you and Parv that Misawa typically does hide out in tags with Akiyama and Kobashi. To me that adds to his case more but I certainly can see it as a negative as well.

He doesn't exactly "hide out" he does what Baba asked of all his aces in tags. Baba himself worked like that in the 70s tagging with Jumbo, who then worked like that in tags from about 1985 to about 1990 wherein Misawa became the ace and then worked like that himself. That's why you get people saying Jumbo was #4 guy in the Choshu / Yatsu tags. It was the house style and I don't see it as a negative.

The ace let their partner shine more because typically that partner is playing FIP and the ace is bailing them out. Misawa might have a FIP sequence if they work it double heat, but it will be shorter and come second. And he will invariably be involved in the finishing stretch.

I listened to this.

Any other feedback?

The ranking of Masaaki Mochizuki over Ric Flair by someone on the panel somewhat undermined later claims that it isn't a favourites list. Some of the gaps were a bit surprising to me, I see stuff like Steamboat and Savage greatest hits as just basic stuff that every hardcore fan has seen, so it still comes as a shock when people haven't seen that stuff. There was probably a little bit too much Dragongate and current stuff discussion for a show about GWE, at least for my tastes.

I thought some of the questions at the end were interesting, especially the one about "who will make every single ballot". Vader was a good shout.

I listened to this.

Any other feedback?

The ranking of Masaaki Mochizuki over Ric Flair by someone on the panel somewhat undermined later claims that it isn't a favourites list.

This is what I figured you were going to bring up. Honest question, not trying to provoke you or anything, how much Mochizuki have you seen? Because I've spent time in Mochi's thread and I plan to spend even more time over the next few days building his case. I can fully back up my claims as to why I think he's better than Flair and why I think he's a Top 10 wrestler of all-time. I get that I'm in the minority, but I firmly believe that.

Glad you listened. I appreciate your feedback.

Mochizuki looks like a sloppy fake karate guy in the 90s and I really don't see how anyone could be super high on that stuff, and that's the only period from which I could imagine Parv watching a match of his. He's essentially another worker in Dragon Gate, which I'm sure Parv would love and would instantly convince him modern wrestling is better than "old school".

• 3 weeks later...

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/podcast/we-dont-know-wrestling-mania-madness/

WrestleMania Weekend is here and I guess we have to kind of talk about it. We are joined unfortunately by Case Lowe once again. You want CZW talk? You’re weird but we talk about it. You want EVOLVE/WWN talk? Sure, why not? How bout SHIMMER? Technically. Ring of Honor? Absolutely not, we should be able to watch live or next day cause tis the season. Joe Koff why you playin’ me dog? Don’t be sour. Case wants to force Greatest Wrestler Ever talk into the podcast at various points so be prepared for that. I still have no idea about a lot of WrestleMania. A vote not against Dragon Gate IS a vote against a better world.

PS Sorry for the unfortunate title.

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/podcast/we-dont-know-wrestling-death-to-mania-long-live-mania/

WrestleMania has come and gone. Sam and Tanner are joined this week by Devon Hales to discuss WrestleMania weekend as Devon was there to witness the wildest wrestling weekend of the year in person. Who came out looking good? Did anyone disappoint? Where have the good ones gone? None of those questions are answered. You will have to listen in to see what questions are.

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted in this thread in a bit, but do we got a brand new episode for you! (WARNING: It is all over the place)

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/podcast/we-dont-know-wrestling-too-many-marks/

Dylan Hales, Devon Hales, Fray, TJ Hawke, Tanner, and Sam. Why? I don’t know. This was going to be a WDKW100 show but once you get six of us going then really you are lucky to get something that makes sense. I’m not sure we even accomplished that. Fray forces AWE talk. AWE is good so I guess that’s okay. TJ buries bookers. They earned it. Tanner continues to be, against everyone’s wishes, Tanner. This show is considered canon.

• 2 weeks later...

We are back this week as Sam is joined by Steven Lerner and Dustin Hales to discuss…wrestling? Yep. We talk about the Scenic City Invitational, THE BRAND SPLIT, Cody Rhodes wanting to be a big boy, and how the hot dog is a sandwich. How could you want to miss that? I have no idea what I’m doing.

• 2 weeks later...

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/podcast/we-dont-know-wrestling-how-could-you-still-like-this/

Sam is back for a very different We Don’t Know Wrestling. This I have decided to ask several wrestling fans what got them into wrestling and why the heck they are still fans since wrestling is truly awful. This description won’t be too long since I hope you simply listen as I think each person brings a unique perspective to the same question. Disclaimer: There was some issues with the JR Goldberg recording but the content is too good and the nuggets are still there. Also sorry if audio levels are bad across the board. I TRIED!

• 2 weeks later...

A more traditional We Don’t Know Wrestling this week which is to say there is a train wreck that exists here. First time guest Emil and long time host Fray join Sam. Nothing makes sense. So many poop jokes. So many “burials”. We didn’t even mention Dragon Gate! How could we have forgotten? Super Dragon and Gedo do not get so lucky.