Pro Wrestling Only

2015 WON HOF Ballot Thread

KrisZ

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should Okerlunds shamelessly misleading shills for the WCW hotline in the 90s count against his candidacy? I would say yes. But he probably still goes in.

I think they should count FOR him. That thing drew lots of money.

It's a double edged sword. Teasing that Ric Flair had died to draw all-time record hotline business is not something I would like to honour. (I still voted for Okerlund, because the positives outweigh the negatives).

Okerlund is a funny one. I absolutely love the guy and think he should be in (I don't vote for him because I don't vote in the US region). But if you want to dissect him, the guy is a complete sleazebag with that Flair/Blackwell hotline deal or the "fun stories" when he loads up cocktails with tons of alcohol and presents them to young women.

MLW's Bauer & Pollack show broke down HOF ballots this week so since these are public, I'll post them to save people a listen.

Court Bauer:

Von Brauners

Nakamura

V3

Ramirez

Misioneros

Aguayo Jr.

Lesnar

Edge

Sting

Gary Hart

Jon Pollock:

Von Brauners

Pepper Gomez

CIMA

Aguayo Jr.

UGuerrero

V3

Lesnar

Edge

Gary Hart

Finkel

Jerry Jarrett

Alex Greenfield:

Akiyama

Big Daddy

Mark Rocco

Edge

Gary Hart

Bill Apter

Greenfield's I found the most curious that Edge was the only modern one he found worthy and that he only used 4 picks. He did admit he's a first time voter who got his ballot as a reply to a year old email.

Should Okerlunds shamelessly misleading shills for the WCW hotline in the 90s count against his candidacy? I would say yes. But he probably still goes in.

His involvement with Mean Gene's Burgers and Mean Gene's Pizza should give him enough goodwill to cancel that out.

BTW, should I be suprised Madden didn't vote for him? Isn't Okerlund the only in-ring opponent he ever had?