Pro Wrestling Only

UFC is a Solid Heel Territory Right Now

Cap

i said grapllers had sucess but more pure grapplers has more sucess in the old days on the sport i think people find prue grappling boring hence why people hate that shamrock vs severn match while my fave mma fight of all time vs saku vs gracie you know the one unlinted round that last over one hour and i like takayama vs frye

i like ronda but admot her weeknesses i like grapplers more than srikers always have always will

while not mma i like watching Judo over K1 and alike

One dimensional grapplers still have a lot of success today even if fans find them boring. I used to find wrestlers who would just grind out fighters boring too and then I began doing BJJ and realized how hard it is to take someone down and hold them down without getting swept.

That Saku vs. Royce 90 minute match is one of the greatest MMA fights of all-time. Saku using Royce's gi against him to fold him up is one of the most greatest moments in MMA history. I remember really liking the Saku vs. Kendo Kashin match from INOKI BOM-BA-YE 2000 because Saku employed elements of that Royce fight into that match, such as folding Kendo up, spinning him around on his back by the foot, the mounted double Mongolian chops, etc.

Ronda's stand up is horrendous, but her strength, which is her judo, is amazing and she can beat a lot of the fighters on the UFC roster still. WMMA hasn't really evolved that much. Look at those horrendous Invicta FC cards with a ton of fighters with losing records and look at a lot of the WMMA fights and you'll see the lack of technique and skill in a lot of the fighters.

I haven't been following K-1 in forever, but I've read people really putting over Takeru. They've also mentioned Takeru vs. Tenshin as a dream fight. I haven't seen much Takeru, but Tenshin has been amazing in his 7-8 RIZIN fights under both kickboxing and MMA rules.

i like grapplers to see how the other sidedo things odd as that may be when i was youger 12 years i stoped but i very good in full contact Karate and thai boxing i tried judo and jujutsu i find fun to watch high level grappling techqinue is awesome to watch but i ddi not have the 10 ot 15 years tpo get good at it since Karate eveb full contact you can jion really young but Judo i got in to to late i was 17 when i got in grappling arts. once i knew i had condtion myself for it

you would think i would get in the grapping arts qucker being a wresling fan but nope but i been a mma fan since the first pancrase show

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Conor been formally stripped of his title yet? Because if he saved his title this way and his tweet was correct, he is the greatest heel of all-time.

He won't be stripped of the title until a title fight takes place tomorrow.

If a fight doesn't take place, then it's up in the air if they will formerly stripe him of it or not.

Edit: Just as I posted that, there's talk that Khabib vs. Al Iaquinta will be the title fight, so yes, Conor is getting stripped of the title.

They also traumatized another fighter to the point she might pull out of her fight as well.

Which one? Rose? I know she was on the bus when the entire thing happened.

She already weighed in and said she's game for tomorrow night.

Yeah, there was talk yesterday that she was really shaken up by it. Sounds like she's good to go though.

It really is amazing that a guy can damage property, injure people, ruin a PPV card, get arrested by the NYPD, and there's still people who will be all "lol its all staged".

Not even Bill Watts would stick this close to kayfabe if it was a work.

It really is amazing that a guy can damage property, injure people, ruin a PPV card, get arrested by the NYPD, and there's still people who will be all "lol its all staged".

That Paul Heyman mentality where everything in life is a work...

Now, I will say. This will probably end up with him fighting in the UFC again because all of the lawsuits he's about to lose are going to bankrupt him.

I'm pretty sure once this is all settled and maybe a year and half or two years from now the UFC will setup Khabib vs. Conor, but that still doesn't mean this was a work as some think.

Now, I will say. This will probably end up with him fighting in the UFC again because all of the lawsuits he's about to lose are going to bankrupt him.

I'm pretty sure once this is all settled and maybe a year and half or two years from now the UFC will setup Khabib vs. Conor, but that still doesn't mean this was a work as some think.

UFC is not a Public Comapny its owned by one so if there is any issues its will fall on the higher up and not ufc or based i what i know

Yeah, this wasn't a work. He will fight again because this stunt is going to bankrupt him. Though there could be some serious visa issues for him going forward.

Yeah, this wasn't a work. He will fight again because this stunt is going to bankrupt him. Though there could be some serious visa issues for him going forward.

does he not have a us passport by now with hhow long hes been active in UFC the us does Dual cizternship does it not unlike a lot of other nations i owuld wager he would have had a us passport by now

Unless he runs into a judge that wants to make an example, I would be shocked if someone with Conor's wealth gets any significant punishment over this.

What will be telling is if UFC puts any pressure on the people injured to not sue his ass off over it.

I think this event was cursed even without McGregor's bullshit. Going from Nurmagomedov/Ferguson to Nurmagomedov/Holloway to Nurmagomedov/Iaquinta within 5 DAYS is just batshit.

When you factor in what Connor did, the picture not only becomes even more scrambled, but also set on fire, and later put out with feces and urine. He's gonna get monetarily fucked to no end.

As for the "lol 'tis a work": the initial intention might've been just that - with Khabib confronting Lobov earlier on and Connor seeking retaliation, you could spin that shit into the best selling PPV of the year. BUT, since things got heated to the point of actual felonies, that possiblity is thrown out the window and into a bottomless pit.

It's interesting to me that people think a fight between Khabib and Conor will break records, I have no doubt it might be true but I wonder how much money you can make out of repugnant people before the well runs dry. Conor is an egotistical manchild let loose and Khabib is an apologist for brutal dictators and criminals. More and more UFC is becoming a money pit for assholes with no moral compass.

The entire 'culture' of the UFC is so toxic and soulless I struggle to find a compelling angle for almost any of the fights they advertise. It's less a heel territory and more that the company is the heel. Who is the babyface?

It's interesting to me that people think a fight between Khabib and Conor will break records, I have no doubt it might be true but I wonder how much money you can make out of repugnant people before the well runs dry. Conor is an egotistical manchild let loose and Khabib is an apologist for brutal dictators and criminals. More and more UFC is becoming a money pit for assholes with no moral compass.

The entire 'culture' of the UFC is so toxic and soulless I struggle to find a compelling angle for almost any of the fights they advertise. It's less a heel territory and more that the company is the heel. Who is the babyface?

This. Agreed entirely.

No matter how WWE try to spin Ronda, she's still going to get a horrible rep. amongst a lot of people.

Same thing with Conor.

Yeah but at least Mike Tyson did time for what he did. You can at least argue he served his punishment and deserved a chance to make a living again. UFC won't even pretend to punish Connor because the new owners took on so much debt they can't afford to. So now you have an inmates-running-the-asylum situation where guys who are any level of draw can tell Dana to go fuck himself knowing he has to come groveling back to them to sell PPVs.

No matter what Conor does, he will get a pass from the UFC. They know he's their last remaining draw and they don't want to lose him. They will milk the bus incident to build up a fight with Khabib, but that doesn't mean it was stagged as some believed in the thread before.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing Fedor fight Brett Rogers in Strikeforce. Rogers had some steam at the time and was being hyped as a big deal.. Fedor was getting caught in that fight and I had a feeling he was fading. It's sad he's still going after all these years after that disastrous US run. I can't see Mir losing. I have no idea if either man is on that Wumpa Juice. Is Bellator testing?