Pro Wrestling Only

The ReDraft December 1983

LowBlowPodcast

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is updated and fixed to this point. I want to get confirmation from Florida before we proceed. I have already talked with Florida about their list.

Once this is all done, we will go ahead and make a fresh draft page just for the picks... we can keep any discussion up on this thread for clarity sake.

Sorry Jhawk, didn't see your message above while I was putting it together.

Both of Stampede's own Cuban Commandos, "The Cuban Assassin" Angel Acevedo and "Comrade" Gerry Morrow, are on the table, if you want to grab them.

The first overall draft we had would randomize the order every two rounds (would have one order, snake back for the second round, then randomize for the third and snake back again, etc.) Will we be doing that or just keeping the same order? I am fin either way, although given there are less people participating this time out, there would be less of a need to randomize.

One other thing ... the first big draft had two separate threads, one for the draft itself and one for commentary This was a great idea, keep the two separate so if you were trying to be clear on who had drafted whom, you wouldn't have to scroll through several pages of people swearing at each other for taking the guy they wanted :) Should this thread be the one for the draft and create a new thread for commentary, or vice versa.

I agree, & I think the biggest thing with this draft is that we want to get it done so that we can get back to writing and planning and putting things together. Just a reminder that we will be instituting a strict 24 hour rule. If an individual does not pick in 24 hours then the next person in line is free to go the person who missed their pick can come in at any time but just be aware that you may lose somebody if you do not make your pic within that 24 hours. Once we get through probably the fifth or sixth round we can look at instituting 12 hours if people feel that the draft is taking too long. Again the main purpose of this draft is to get it done so that we can all get back to business and continue to promote our shows.

Also remember that individuals were not picked from your unprotected list will return to your roster. You must then figure out a way to get under the cap by releasing individuals or giving them to other promotions. For instance if I'm going to take somebody from stampede I'm going to try and reciprocate that by giving them an opportunity to take a few individuals from MidSouth once the draft is complete but that will be up to individual promoters if they would like to do it that way.

The last thing to remember is that if I draft Randy Savage in that spot I will not be able to use him until the draft is complete. We want to make sure that everyone's roster is complete before we start to bring in some of these new guys. Hence the reason why we want to try and make this go as smoothly and quickly as possible.

I know Rain and I have spoken about the old style mergers... but Duggan is Mid south through and through. Tully is a great firecracker for any promotion. Just so happens they would have been mine free and clear through the merger system but they were worth it.

I agree with Otton... he is so solid at this point in his career.

There is so much left on the table right now and I know that the 3 round will really start to split up people's big boards.