Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

WWE released the rules for the Wargames match at the next Takeover:

The three-member teams of SAnitY (Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe & Killian Dain), Undisputed ERA (Adam Cole, Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly), and The Authors of Pain (Akam & Rezar) & Roderick Strong will wage war inside a massive steel cage that surrounds TWO rings.

All three teams will be contained inside separate shark cages by the entranceway, with a member from each team (as chosen by his respective squad) starting the match.

After five minutes, the remaining members from one team will be released from their shark cage and allowed to enter the match.

When another three-minute period elapses, the remaining members from a second team are released from their shark cage and enter the match.

Following another three-minute period, the final team’s members are released from their shark cage and enter the match.

Once all three teams have entered the WarGames Match, a victory can be attained via pinfall or submission.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The different levels the crowd reached at Regal's announcement of the War Games match was great. First they were kind of "meh" at him announcing it as a three way, then when he mentoned two rings there was a smaller pop from people who knew what was coming, then finally the big reaction to the full reveal.

I was watching Ohno vs. Itami yesterday. Hero never was super slim, but man, his legs now look as if he had Samoan genes.

I have been thinking about this the last couple of days. I think this could be Hero's way to the main roster. He should debut as Samoa Joe's third degree cousin "Samoa Chris" or "Kassius Samoa" (like Cocoa Samoa) and should form a tag team with him. Then in a big match against Sheamus & Cesaro (ideally for the tag team championship) Hero should turn on Joe Horseman-style and form a three man team with them and together they should rule Raw for a year Shield-style.

I was watching Ohno vs. Itami yesterday. Hero never was super slim, but man, his legs now look as if he had Samoan genes.

I have been thinking about this the last couple of days. I think this could be Hero's way to the main roster. He should debut as Samoa Joe's third degree cousin "Samoa Chris" or "Kassius Samoa" (like Cocoa Samoa) and should form a tag team with him. Then in a big match against Sheamus & Cesaro (ideally for the tag team championship) Hero should turn on Joe Horseman-style and form a three man team with them and together they should rule Raw for a year Shield-style.

Having an unbeatable 3 man team should had been the reason the Shield reformed, really.

I realize you'e joking (I hope), but Chris Hero is barely a factor in NXT - it wouldn't shock me if he never makes it to the main roster. If he does, it will be in a Rhyno-level enhancement role.

I realize you'e joking (I hope), but Chris Hero is barely a factor in NXT - it wouldn't shock me if he never makes it to the main roster. If he does, it will be in a Rhyno-level enhancement role.

If Chris is happy where he is, more power to him. But as a fan, it's depressing to think about his 2017 vs. his classic 2016.

Also the first game show season of NXT is being uploaded now, I would imagine this is more of scratching a completionist itch than anything else, but if you were dying to relive WWE's massive hardon about showing those smarky internet fans who's boss and burying Daniel Bryan nonstop, there you go.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought Dunne-Gargano was really good. Although the realization was a bit long, loved how Johnny noticed Dunne's mouth guard was dislodged and hit him with a super kick. Great stuff.

Yeah, that match was a blast. I enjoyed Riot/Deville, as well. That live crowd really got a hell of a night of graps last Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, Gargano has really become such a great face. I was sort of surprised they went with a Gargano win. This seemed like a great place to get Hero a win, keep him in his gatekeeper role, and continue to push the Gargano's strategic losing streak. Either way, they played off that expectation really well in the homestretch. Really fun stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw the best bit of in ring storytelling from the Sanity/ UA match. At the start, Dain is in and he's bulldozing both guys. They both bail and are trying to figure out what to do. O'Reilly tags in and goes after Young on the apron. Dain fucks him up and tags an angry Young in, and O'Reilly gets him in a submission attempt before getting booted in the head. And on commentary, they're talking about how UA wants Young in the ring rather than Dain. It's perfect.

Until Mauro and Nigel fuck up and say O'Reilly made a mistake by attacking Young.

Oh, and now that I've finished watching the match, its one of my favorite matches I've seen all year. O'Reilly still looks like Doug Neidermeyer doing bad gang signs during the entrance, but after just a short time in NXT getting rid of indy tendancies, he and Fish have gone from an act I hated in ROH to one of my favorite teams.

Gargano is getting one of the strongest pushes in a while. Expecting some high level angle in the main event of the next Takeover.

Do you guys think Aleister Black needs the NXT title before going to the main roster? In terms of presentation, I think he, much like Drew McIntyre, is already made and IMO that is the most important part.

I have to think Gargano takes the title, then Ciampa returns and destroys him. Gives you a hot title feud with two guys that probably aren't headed to the main roster right after Mania.

I think you could just as easily have Ciampa cost him the match somehow, too. They have a lot of options. Cole’s going to be around the main event scene (unfortunately). Black, too. Strong is also really strong right now. They definitely love Sullivan. It’s a great show right now.