Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this stage, it's only rumors. I'd like to think that WWE is more open to bring back Cass than they are with Enzo. Problem is, Cass alone isn't as big a draw as he is with Enzo. The big question is if WWE is willing to put up with the pain in the ass that Enzo is only to get an early advantage in the upcoming Wednesday Night Wars against AEW.

1 minute ago, SirEdger said:

The big question is if WWE is willing to put up with the pain in the ass that Enzo is only to get an early advantage in the upcoming Wednesday Night Wars against AEW.

:lol:

Really now ? I know the whole "Enzo is star" bit has been a running gag on this board (yeah, I know, those irrelevant 205 Live "big" ratings), but come on now. I mean, WWE can't be THAT desperate.

That's NZO for you. And the guy has been setting the indies of fire. He's a draw and all.

BTW, remember when the talking point was "Enzo is the next Roddy Piper ?". Well, I thought this was ridiculous even way back when, as really their act was the NAO with a hot girl add in (who has been doing the best of the three of them BTW), as in a sing-along catchphrase and matches no one gives a fuck about. Cass also is the worst Billy Gunn ever. Since then, that MJF fellow has surfaced, and really, if there's a "next Roddy Piper" out there, whatever that means in 2019, it's him.

Anyway, yeah, please WWE, sign them back or AEW will jump on them ! Release some guys to give those two a fat paychecks. Please.

11 hours ago, El-P said:

:lol:

Really now ? I know the whole "Enzo is star" bit has been a running gag on this board (yeah, I know, those irrelevant 205 Live "big" ratings), but come on now. I mean, WWE can't be THAT desperate.

I'm not putting anything past Vince when it comes to dealing with AEW ;)

(BTW, I also agree that Enzo & Cass aren't the answers to winning the war vs AEW. Just trying to think like Vince lol)

17 hours ago, SirEdger said:

At this stage, it's only rumors. I'd like to think that WWE is more open to bring back Cass than they are with Enzo. 

There was this recent pic of Cass (or CazzXL or whatever) where he actually looked really damn good, as he put on some muscle and was kinda looking like a mix between Test and Braun. If he comes back (and he said he's fucked up in his first run and is legit trying to improve), he might be a good addition.

Hell, he could be good for AEW as well if he has the same mindset.

I actually think he showed a lot of promise during his feud with Bryan and he did have a nice showing in that Elimination Fatal Four Way for the Universal Title. 

15 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I love that Dave Mastiff looks like Otis and Braun Strowman had a weird baby.

Lol. 

That match was really good. Props to them for not starting with their stock entrances and lock-ups and shit. They just went at each other with the punches. 

1 hour ago, Blehschmidt said:

The "unscheduled" Cesaro/Ilja Dragunov match from the UK Takeover that is currently happening was a whole lot of fun.

Worth your time IMO.

That was a fun match. Ilja needs to stop with the weird breathing shit, though. It’s bush league. 

19 minutes ago, tallmike said:

This Bate-WALTER match just will not. fucking. end.

I was thinking about watching that one, but the last WALTER match I saw at Takeover before Mania lost me by the way of being the typical WWE self-conscious epic pushed to the NXT limits. So I guess I'm not gonna bother. 

58 minutes ago, El-P said:

I was thinking about watching that one, but the last WALTER match I saw at Takeover before Mania lost me by the way of being the typical WWE self-conscious epic pushed to the NXT limits. So I guess I'm not gonna bother. 

You know, man, I’m about as anti-WWE Epic as they come, but I liked the Bate/Walter match. Yeah, it was long, but it didn’t seem like they were trying for an epic, if that makes sense. 

Check out the Walter/Trent Seven match from NXTUK tv a couple weeks ago. I liked it a lot too. 

I may still watch the main event, and I have a squizillion things to say about Toni/KLR that will require a longer format, but for now just let me say Cesaro vs. Ilja WAS THE FUCKING BIZNESSSSSSSSSSSS.

GET THE FUCK IN ME.

I am totally here for Cesaro now being his own one man Manly Man Division, going to any and all shows WWE has to find all the manly men to have manly man matches with.

22 hours ago, El-P said:

I may check it out eventually, although this week-end is already ridiculous with All Out, the London NJPW show and a big CMLL show last Friday. WALTER in NXT UK is a waste to me. He would be so much more interesting doing tours in NJ.

I'm pretty certain I read that WALTER has no desire to spend long periods of time away from home, so his NXT UK contract suits him fine. He gets to spend lots of time at home, he's got a whole WWE brand built around him and he still has freedom to work indies like Progress and Fight Club Pro. Plus I imagine the wear and tear on his body is a lot less while still having a straight up MOTYC with Tyler. The system is very much working in his favour