Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

16 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I get the impression it's the complete opposite. Based on all accounts, Myles is a really, really nice person, and really doesn't want any trouble. This is mostly him trying to get people to do better and be better, as well as getting people the respect they deserve more than anything.

Dude wanted to be on WWE, and it seems he just wants things to improve overall.

"Nice guys" are passive-aggressive. He was OK with the logo on a different colored shirt. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the guy posts an email exchange that pretty much confirms Hunter (a guy with tons of racially questionable actions in the past) was the key guy pushing for an obviously racist shirt.....and everyone's turning on him for calling Jay Lethal an Uncle Tom as if those two things are on the same level. 

Good work everyone. 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

So the guy posts an email exchange that pretty much confirms Hunter (a guy with tons of racially questionable actions in the past) was the key guy pushing for an obviously racist shirt.....and everyone's turning on him for calling Jay Lethal an Uncle Tom as if those two things are on the same level. 

Good work everyone. 

Racism is racism, period.

Myles doesn't get a free pass to be racist to others just because he was the victim of racism himself.

7 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Racism is racism, period.

Myles doesn't get a free pass to be racist to others just because he was the victim of racism himself.

There's scales here. A company run by white men that has repeatedly shown to be unaware of racial issues at best and straight up racist at worst producing a shirt invoking classic racist imagery is not the same as one black person calling another an Uncle Tom. It wasn't the best choice of words for sure but saying the two are equal is a false equivalency that downplays what the company did. It's like the reverse of "very good people on both sides" kind of bullshit.

9 minutes ago, sek69 said:

There's scales here. A company run by white men that has repeatedly shown to be unaware of racial issues at best and straight up racist at worst producing a shirt invoking classic racist imagery is not the same as one black person calling another an Uncle Tom. It wasn't the best choice of words for sure but saying the two are equal is a false equivalency that downplays what the company did. It's like the reverse of "very good people on both sides" kind of bullshit.

There is definitely a scale - no one is saying otherwise, or at least I'm not - but surely you can see that Myles isn't helping himself by being so hypocritical.

Don't get me wrong: I'm no fan of Jay Lethal - he's allegedly a sexual predator - but this still isn't a good look for Myles. 

The fact Myles deleted is tweet on Lethal proves he knows he fucked up, because although he's right about the T-shirt deal, which is straight down racist, it made him and the point he was making no favors. 

I really wonder what the hell will happen for him now though. There's probably no coming back from this inside the WWE (either way), but I don't see them releasing him. I mean, so he can show up the next week on Dynamite cutting promos about how this is an inclusive place while the other guys are racist shits doing minstrel designed T-shirts ?

Considering Triple H wanted the letters to look "teethy", I can't imagine they would put that logo on anything else but a black colored shirt. Imagine the logo on a white or gray shirt? Wouldn't have been effective to make it look like a mouth. It being black is what makes the shirt "work". Of course racism is racism and I won't argue that it was a poorly thought out idea. And of course the WWE does not get the benefit of doubt here. And I am not blaming Myles for how he feels, but I mean, when they presented the logo idea, he should have realized where they were going with the idea. 

What would happen if a WWE contracted wrestler just up and went to Japan and started working for them? 

That would be interesting to see what WWE did in that situation. I assume they would try to sue the individual (or the new company) due to breach of contract or whatever but then if it goes to court the whole Independent Contract things would come up...

Well, the more it goes, the more it looks like a complete meltdown. He really has done himself no favors here... It's like this whole T-shirt (which really looked racist) was only used, one month after the fact, because he was frustrated with where his career was going (which could be perfectly understandable, plus the guy is really talented from what I've seen before in NJPW and MLW)... 

2 hours ago, El-P said:

Well, the more it goes, the more it looks like a complete meltdown. He really has done himself no favors here... It's like this whole T-shirt (which really looked racist) was only used, one month after the fact, because he was frustrated with where his career was going (which could be perfectly understandable, plus the guy is really talented from what I've seen before in NJPW and MLW)... 

I'm thinking he lashed out because they had plans for him and then realized they had some better options for his role and were going to scale back his push.

Pro Wrestling and especially WWE being institutionally racist isn't even a debate.

But to me, the ACH situation is down to NXT talent not being listened to (a very big issue regardless of race or gender) and Triple H's management and his team's deficits.

But more so as his ACH's mentor Mark Henry said on Busted Open radio this morning ACH is going through a lot of personal issues and things at home at the moment. The shirt situation was just the final straw. 

Mental health and social media are two big issues in the industry currently it will only grow. Twitter storms and dramas are fun and easy to get swept up in the moment. But a lot of times there's a real person behind the tweets and they might be in distress.