Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

There was an episode of Impact in 2011 where Bully Ray cut an promo on AJ Styles calling him a boy who would rather play video games in his hotel room than drink whiskey and get lap dances at a strip club like a man. That sentiment sounded believable coming from Bully Ray. From Finn Balor, not so much.

This is a complete shot in the dark kind of guess, but I would have difficulties imagining Fergal Devitt's childhood being anywhere close to what the American wrestlers grew up on. Don't get me wrong, surely people play video games in Ireland, but I don't think it is a big part of what they enjoy doing over there.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Slasher said:

This is a complete shot in the dark kind of guess, but I would have difficulties imagining Fergal Devitt's childhood being anywhere close to what the American wrestlers grew up on. Don't get me wrong, surely people play video games in Ireland, but I don't think it is a big part of what they enjoy doing over there.

I don't think video games are much less of a big deal in Ireland than they are in America tbh, although I'm sure that depends on the era. But it's not like the guy grew up as some backwards tenant farmer in some rural nowhere.

7 minutes ago, FMKK said:

I don't think video games are much less of a big deal in Ireland than they are in America tbh, although I'm sure that depends on the era. But it's not like the guy grew up as some backwards tenant farmer in some rural nowhere.

Yeah well I was thinking more along the lines of him being more involved with outdoor activities or sports or something else. Certainly was not suggesting Finn led a Brock Lesnar type lifestyle, of course.

But like I said, a complete guess based on what I know of Ireland and based on what Devitt seems to enjoy. However after typing all that, I am realizing he is probably a geek too, seeing how he liked to paint himself up in the vein of comic book characters in NJPW.

Edit: Also wanted to add that if Im not mistaken, Devitt started training to be a wrestler at a young age and eventually ended up training people (like Becky Lynch) himself as well. 

7 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

It also is kind of tone deaf when you have athletes regularly bitching about their stats in video games. 

I think that's more of an ego thing though. No one needs to play or understand video games to immediately recognize that 70 is a worse stat than 90. 

8 hours ago, Log said:

Don't get me wrong, I agree that Gargano is a geek.  Always at Disneyworld, collecting toys, etc.  It's just that with Finn, it's a little pot calling the kettle black.

I thought Candice was the Disney geek and Johnny was just being a good husband.

On 10/31/2019 at 5:41 AM, DMJ said:

Watched the Balor promo. I also didn't think it was too good. For starters, that "shoot" comment about "laying down for someone just because they have a new mask" was stupid.

Thats hilarious. I didn't watch, but it is true that all this hype bullshit is just because they have a new mask, everything else is the same ol shit.