Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 32

TravJ1979

I genuinely think it would be difficult to turn him heel straight off a comeback in a way that didn't create a massive backlash. First of all given how Roman has been booked there would be a subsect of the audience that would cheer Bryan turning on him, hard (especially since Bryan is the beloved son that's been away which gives him even more love in the short term). Second off all you'd really be risking "oh God not more of Invincible Heels vs. Roman" backlash. Plus some fans just not buying this could "really" happen (Austin shaking hands with McMahon at Wrestlemania 17).

You can't just turn a wrestler heel because he's popular.

Having said that I think there's no doubt it gives you a short term boost. I just don't know if long term you gain as much as you risk losing.

I think you could pull it off with CM Punk BUT that is clearly pure, fantasy, lala land stuff. That is not happening. He's gone and not coming back soon.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to get to the state where most wrestlers are faces and there are a few heels who are actually over. If only a few can get heel heat, they maybe only have a few heels?

Face vs face matches work, not every match has to be heel vs face.

Remember when they tried to turn him by making him a Wyatt Family member? Then they had to makeshift that angle at the last minute to get him out of the Wyatt Family and back to being Daniel Bryan because of the University of Michigan chanting thing getting some publicity. That came off like a planned out angle, but wasn't.

oh I don't think he SHOULD be a heel, especially if he finally returns, at least not anytime soon, but I think there is a time and place for everything in wrestling if it is done skillfully and always imagined that Bryan - if (big IF) they gave him the reigns a bit - to be a really effective heel.

God, if he came back now virtually the entire roster would be a heel next to him, which is why I am really skeptical that they will bring him back anytime soon (if ever).

Also, i hope they make Styles a heel. I don't like face Styles half as I much smug, cocky heel Styles.

Remember when they tried to turn him by making him a Wyatt Family member? Then they had to makeshift that angle at the last minute to get him out of the Wyatt Family and back to being Daniel Bryan because of the University of Michigan chanting thing getting some publicity. That came off like a planned out angle, but wasn't.

remember there was a "Daniel Wyatt" figure made so that angle was supposed to last for much longer. I wonder if those were his original WM 30 plans instead of Sheamus. Don't know who Cena would have worked then

Okay, so tonight's the night that things normally start to take shape. I felt like posting my predicted WrestleMania line up somewhere before the Rumble and this seems like a good place. I may be way off. I may have a few right.

I've pretty much avoided spoilers/reading about wrestling in general outside of the odd thing on Twitter so far this year but I've watched every WWE TV show so this is based as much on who gets TV time as anything else. That and trying to get everyone they want to get a WrestleMania pay cheque on the card somewhere.

WWE World Title Match

Triple H © v Roman Reigns - Special Guest Texas Referees: 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin & 'Mr WrestleMania' Shawn Michaels

The Undertaker v Kevin Owens (Special Appearance from The Rock)

Brock Lesnar v Wyatt

The League of Nations (Sheamus, Shinsuke Nakamura, Wade Barrett & Rusev) v The Balor Club (Finn Balor, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson & AJ Styles)

US Title Match:

Alberto Del Rio v Randy Orton (presuming he's back)

Intercontinental Title Match:

Dean Ambrose v Corporate Dolph Ziggler

Heel v Heel Generation Divas Title Match:

Charlotte (w/ Ric Flair) v Stephanie McMahon (w/ Vince McMahon)

Battle of the Generations Tag Team Title TLC Match:

The Dudley Boyz (1990s) v JeriShow (2000s) v The Usos (2010s)

The New Day (babyfaces) v The Wyatt Family (Strowman, Harper & Rowan)

3rd Annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (presented by 1st Annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal Winner Cesaro): Winner = Mark Henry (his retirement match):

Participants include: Kane; Kevin Nash; The Miz (majority of build-up takes place on MizTV); Booker T.; Goldust; Rob Van Dam; Damien Sandow; Fernando; Diego; Titus O'Neil; Darren Young; Curtis Axel; Zack Ryder; Calisto; Connor; Viktor; Road Dogg; R-Truth; Torito; Heath Slater; Neville; Bo Dallas; Adam Rose; The Godfather; Tyler Breeze; Rhyno; Diamond Dallas Page; Jake Roberts; Damien Sandow; The Boogeyman & WrestleMania Weekend NXT Battle Royal Winner (whomever that may be)

WrestleMania Kickoff Show (2 hours):

Stardust vs Super Ryback (w/ Stephen Amell... or some other actor who plays a superhero)

Divas Tag Team Tournament Semi Final

Team Bella (Alicia Fox & Brie Bella w/ Nikki Bella) v Becky Lynch & Emma (turns heel on Becky)

Divas Tag Team Tournament Semi Final:

Team B.A.D. (Naomi & Tamina) v The Second Generation (Paige & Natalya)

Divas Tag Team Tournament Final:

Team Bella (Alicia Fox & Brie Bella w/ Nikki Bella) v The Second Generation (Paige & Natalya w/ Bret Hart)

If HHH is still champ at Mania his entrance is going to be him literally having the entire roster lay down on the ramp as a human carpet that he rides down on an 80 foot mechanical dragon holding a sword made of fire.

The worst part for me was the end. Roman Reigns gets jumped and gets the absolute shit kicked out of him, fights his way into the match again and then doesn't react when HHH eliminates him? That made him look like such a bitch. When HHH hit the apron Reigns should have been Superman punching him right to the floor.

Post-Rumble at least now we can make a few predictions with a bit of clarity.

Roman Reigns vs. Triple H - Masters of the Universe Galactic Championship

Bray Wyatt vs. Brock Lesnar - I think I am the one man on the internet that wants to see this? Okay. Gimmicks Ahoy Match, I'm fine.

Owens vs. Ambrose vs. Sheamus vs. Styles - Elimination match for the Intercontinental Championship (please baby wrestling Jesus not a fatal fourway)

Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte - Three way Divas title match

Usos vs. New Day - Tag titles, the endless feud, New Day loses the belts finally. I have no idea where the tag division goes from there.

I think all of these have a fairly reasonable chance of happening.

Rusev still needs a match. Del Rio I assume is in a US title match but I'm not sure with who. It just seems unlikely they have the Kalisto feud go that long. Undertaker has to do... something. Shit, I'd be totally down for Rusev/Taker even if it means absolutely nothing. You'll have a memorial battle royal. Jericho has to be in here somewhere. Don't forget it's Wrestlemania so you also have like minimum an hour of segments that are just people jabbering.

Historical curiosity: 32 is the first, and maybe the only possible, Mania logo with a sports team logo in it. At least until they try Yankee Stadium. And the idea of Vince getting big-timed on a small but showy thing like that by Jerry Jones makes me laugh a little bit. Couple of world class a-holes there, and I mean that semi fondly.

Historical curiosity: 32 is the first, and maybe the only possible, Mania logo with a sports team logo in it. At least until they try Yankee Stadium. And the idea of Vince getting big-timed on a small but showy thing like that by Jerry Jones makes me laugh a little bit. Couple of world class a-holes there, and I mean that semi fondly.

the star is just as synonymous with Texas...you know...the Lone Star State. Really think you're reading way too much into that.

the star is just as synonymous with Texas...you know...the Lone Star State. Really think you're reading way too much into that.

It's a blue star with a silver and blue outline. I'm not saying it really was a quibbling point in the contract, or that it isn't a good idea to use it, because it is. But it's clearly the Cowboys star.

My predictions based on the Rumble.

Triple H vs Roman Reigns (WWE Title)

Brock Lesnar & Undertaker vs Wyatt Family

Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens

Charlotte vs Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch (Divas Title)

AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho

Kalisto vs Rusev (US Title)

Dean Ambrose vs Sheamus (IC Title)

A New Day vs Usos vs Dudley Boys (TLC)

Andre the Giant Battle Royal

It's a blue star with a silver and blue outline. I'm not saying it really was a quibbling point in the contract, or that it isn't a good idea to use it, because it is. But it's clearly the Cowboys star.

Could be Vince wants it there. Easy to tell where they are with it there, not that people would have trouble figuring it out but yeah.

If HHH is still champ at Mania his entrance is going to be him literally having the entire roster lay down on the ramp as a human carpet that he rides down on an 80 foot mechanical dragon holding a sword made of fire.

Want to see this so badly.

I laughed my ass off at his last Mania entrance.

I also laughed very hard at the Rumble win and DX chop. HHH is possibly one of the funniest wrestlers of all time at the moment. At least to me he is.