Pro Wrestling Only

Freelancer Booking Revisions

LowBlowPodcast

Sorry Boon, you seemed undecided... do you have a specific way you'd go on the matter?

From a selfish point of view, I'd rather you guys all draft the freelancers so I can pick up the youngsters. But I think to stay realistic people like Abdullah and Brody wouldn't hang around in territories too long.

But I'll go with minority...

I disagree with it leaving anyone out in the cold. By adding the 5 main freelancers and all the major women who you would now need on your roster, the draft becomes 3-4 rounds deep. You would enhance Portland with 3 or 4 quality wrestlers. By leaving the free lancers out there, you are not guaranteed dates with them and your roster might get 1 or 2 quality wrestlers. Also looking at the freelancer bookings since May, there were 600 chances to use maybe 5 of the best wrestlers of the time yet they were booked only 84 times and actually used in a show less than 1/2 of those times. That means they were used on average of 0.5 times per week. If they were actually on a roster, it cold go up to as much as 3 to 4 times.

I think the only person who was brave enough to put a belt on any of them was the AWA with Stan Hansen and I understand why. If Hansen hasd the AWA title and came to Memphis, Lawler could walk out with the strap.

You may say that my opinion is slanted as I have the #1 pick. If the freelancers are included in the 1985 draft, I will trade out of that number one spot. I understand that sometimes we have to do what's the best for others in the game and adding 5-10 quality names (including the women) might be best.

Realistically, Abby has never in a territory for longer then 4 months tops. Brody was a regular in WCCW & AWA for parts of a few months. Mascaras off the top of my head, never stopped anywhere in the States after 1984, for anything other then a shot here or there. Of course, Andre stopped touring in 84.

Mascaras has a few shots here and there in 85 but could still be a freelancer

Abdullah, Hansen, and Brody still fit the freelance mold

Andre is really the only one who had a steady job with the WWF but still did some shots (like we discussed this could be up to his owner)

The minis are basically not being used so someone could corner that market

The women are interesting as I know that Lutte and I personally wouldn't mind beginning a women's division.

Okay, so unofficially

Change to eliminate freelancers and put then into the draft

3 - Kevin, Fenton, & Edgar

Keep things the way they ar

3 - Bruno, Rain, & Boon

What if we just added Andre and the Women to the free agent list... Then kept Abdullah, Hansen, Brody, and Mil Mascaras on the list?

Would there be anyone to add to that list in 85 who would have been used the same that we could add on?

Andre and the woman cool with. From a territory stand point the others did flick in and out of promotions throughout this time period..

Which is why they could remain as "freelancers" We could maybe add others to the freelance list but just unsure of who they would be unless we opened up some japanese or mexican guys for the list.

Okay, so unofficially

3 - Bruno, Rain, & Boon

What if we just added Andre and the Women to the free agent list... Then kept Abdullah, Hansen, Brody, and Mil Mascaras on the list?

Would there be anyone to add to that list in 85 who would have been used the same that we could add on?

I like this idea. I'm not quite sure who we could add though. We could just keep the Freelancers to just the four for now?

Okay, so unofficially

3 - Bruno, Rain, & Boon

This works for me.