Pro Wrestling Only

Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling Events

agentofenton

Friday, March 9, 1984

Norfolk, VA

The Scope

Lanny Poffo defeated Tiger Chung Lee (w/ Mr. Fuji)

The Grappler’s defeated Blue Demon Jr & Pierroth Jr.

Hiro Saito & Toru Tanaka (w/ Mr. Fuji) defeated Salvatore Bellomo and Pez Whatley

Sam Houston defeated Rip Rogers

Terry Taylor defeated Mr. Fuji

Junkyard Dog & Sivi Afi defeated The Strongbow’s (w/ Skandor Akbar) via DQ after Akbar interfered.

Kamala defeated Sweet Daddy Siki

NWA World Tag Team Champions, The Guerreros & Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens

Defeated NWA United States Tag Team Champions, The Moondogs & The Vachon’s in an 8-man tag team match.

NWA World Champ, Ric Flair & NWA US Champ, Randy Savage (w/ Miss Elizabeth) went to a 45-Minute draw with Ricky Steamboat and NWA TV Champion, Barry Windham.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good show that really sets up each and every one of your angles. Looking forward to Coastal Clash.

Thanks Kevin. I am changing up my TV a little bit, now that I have a focus with the supercard, it's helping me make my TV more important for that. Also, trying to keep my local big shows important, i.e. the Raleigh show tomorrow for the Six-Man tag titles.

The house show reports will be just results, at least for this month, as I continue to evolve on that process. I appreciate all the feedback, it really helps!

Saturday, March 10, 1984

Raleigh, NC

Dorton Arena

Opening Round Six-Man Tag Team Match, One-Fall, 20-Minute Time Limit

Pierroth Jr, Blue Demon Jr. & Lanny Poffo vs The Fabulous Freebirds

The Freebirds attack early and never relent. They lose the momentum late in the match for a minute, but after an eye poke from Hayes, he levels Poffo with a running bulldog for the pin.

Time: 9:22

Decision: The Fabulous Freebirds

Junkyard Dog, Sivi Afi & Sweet Daddy Siki vs The Strongbow’s & Kamala (w/ Skandor Akbar)

This is just a brawl from the opening bell. Both teams go back and forth, and many times during the match, all six men are in the ring battling. When the battle makes it to the floor, they get counted out. They continue to brawl, now using weapons, and the arena to do battle. Moments later, all the men are bleeding. The referee’s and officials enter the ringside area to break up the brawl.

Time: 11:00

Decision: Double Countout

Barry & Kendall Windham & Sam Houston vs Fuji’s Clan (w/ Mr. Fuji)

Fuji interferes before the match actually begins, getting him men the advantage to start, but it doesn’t last long. When Kendall makes the tag, it becomes a pier-six brawl. Sam Houston leaps over Tiger Chung Lee with a sunset flip, Lee tries to stop him, Barry leaps forward with lariat to knock Lee over into the cradle from Houston for the win.

Time: 7:48

Decision: The Windham’s & Sam Houston

Mad Dog & Butcher Vachon & Pedro Morales vs The Grappler’s & Rip Rogers

Good back and forth action in this one. It comes down to the Grappler’s switching places when the referee was distracted and the illegal man putting something in his mask to hit a head butt on Pedro to get the win.

Time: 10:19

Decision: The Grappler’s & Rip Rogers

Non-Title Match, One-Fall, Special 30-Minute Time Limit

Ricky Steamboat vs US Champion Randy “Macho Man” Savage (w/ Miss Elizabeth)

This match goes to the time limit draw. They battle back and forth. A real wrestling match. Very well received. Started off with some stalling early by the champion, but once they got going, it was non-stop action until the time limit ran out.

Time: 30:00

Decision: Time Limit Draw

The Fabulous Freebirds get a bye into the finals due to the double count-out.

Semi-Final Six-Man Tag Team Match, One-Fall, 30-Minute Time Limit

Barry & Kendall Windham & Sam Houston vs The Grappler’s & Rip Rogers

Windham’s and Houston had something to prove here, they come in a house of fire and don’t let up on their opponent’s at all. Finish sees Barry use a second-rope Superplex onto Rip Rogers for the pinfall.

Time: 7:57

Decision: The Windham’s & Sam Houston

Non-Title Match, One-Fall, Special 30-Minute Time Limit

Terry Taylor vs NWA World Champion, Ric Flair

This match is a great technical match between the two. We get into the 25-Minute mark and as Terry Taylor starts to build a comeback on the World Champion, Randy Savage returns to the ring and attacks Taylor causing a DQ. Both champions beat down on the young man until Ricky Steamboat makes the save, sending the champions back to the locker room.

Time: 26:17

Decision: Terry Taylor, via DQ

Final Round, Main Event

NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Championship, One-Fall, 60-Minute Time Limit

Barry & Kendall Windham & Sam Houston vs The Fabulous Freebirds

These two teams know each other very well. They have battled all over the Mid Atlantic region in the last two months, and they battle just as hard tonight for the right to be called the first-ever NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Champions. The two teams go back and forth all throughout the match. Some wrestling, some brawling. For the most part, referee Tommy Young keeps the action in the ring and under control. Around the 30-minute mark, the Windham’s are battling inside the ring with Gordy and Roberts, it's turned into an all out brawl at this point. Hayes is on the floor with Houston. He is able to push Houston off of him and send him crashing into the ring post. Gordy tosses Kendall to the other side of the ring, and Hayes rushes over to clobber Kendall. Gordy slides out of the ring as well. As Tommy Young is busy trying to get Barry and Buddy out of the ring, Gordy and Hayes post Kendall causing him to bleed heavily. They slide him into the ring. Gordy follows him back. Gordy hits a nasty clothesline to Bary sending him to the floor. Gordy picks up a bloody KEndall and drops him on his head with a vicious piledriver to earn the victory and the championships.

Time: 33:59

Decision: New NWA World 6-Man Tag Team Champions, The Fabulous Freebirds

Good show as always. I read your dirt notes and I agree that you could lengthen your TV show. I looked at your roster and their is still some good talent that you can't fit into the hour: The Moondogs, Poffo, Pistol Pez and the Vachons. Not sure if these are allstill your but they would make for good reads. You do a great job of with your top roster guys but an extra hour could give you 3-4 more angles to work with.

Sunday, March 11, 1984

Fayetteville, NC

Cumberland City Civic Center

Hiro Saito (w/ Mr. Fuji) defeated Pez Whatley

Mad Dog & Butcher Vachon defeated Tiger Chung Lee & Toru Tanaka (w/ Mr. Fuji)

Rip Rogers defeated Lanny Poffo

Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens defeated Pierroth Jr & Blue Demon Jr.

Mr. Fuji defeated Salvatore Bellomo

Kamala (w/ Skandor Akbar) and the Junkyard Dog went to a double DQ.

The Strongbow’s (w/ Skandor Akbar) defeated Sweet Daddy Siki & Sivi Afi

Kendall Windham & Sam Houston & The Moondogs defeated The Grappler’s & Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts

Ricky Steamboat, Terry Taylor & Barry Windham defeated Terry Gordy, Randy Savage and Ric Flair.

Jumping ahead to tomorrow, as I don't believe I will have time to post tomorrow, this is my first try and booking two smaller towns on the same day, splitting my roster.

Monday, March 12, 1984

Elizabeth, NC

High School

Mr. Fuji (w/ Tiger Chung Lee) defeated Pez Whatley

The Moondogs defeated Hiro Saito & Toru Tanaka (w/ Mr. Fuji) to retain the US Tag Team Titles

Sweet Daddy Siki defeated Jules Strongbow (w/ Skandor Akbar)

Jay Strongbow (w/ Skandor Akbar) defeated Sivi Afi

Kamala (w/ Skandor Akbar) and Junkyard Dog went to a double DQ after both men’s partners interfered.

Randy Savage (w/ Miss Elizabeth) defeated Sam Houston to retain the US Title.

Monday, March 12, 1984

Greenville, NC

High School

Mad Dog Vachon defeated Grappler #2.

Rip Rogers defeated Pedro Morales

Pat Patterson defeated Blue Demon Jr.

Butcher Vachon defeated Grappler #1

Ray Stevens defeated Pierroth Jr.

The Fabulous Freebirds defeated Barry & Kendall Windham & Ricky Steamboat to retain the NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Titles.

Ric Flair and Terry Taylor went to a 30-Minute Time Limit Draw in a non-title match.

Thursday, March 15, 1984

TV Taping (Shown on syndication Saturday, March 17, 1984)

Spartanburg, SC

Memorial Auditorium

Tony Schiavone: Welcome fans to Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling! We have brand new NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Champions! David Crockett is here with me to tell you all about it fans!

David Crockett: Last Saturday evening, in Raleigh, Mid Atlantic crowned brand new World Six-Man Tag Team Champions in an 8-team one-night tournament. The Fabulous Freebirds were the last team standing after a grueling night of action! Here are some clips!

CLIPS: We see Terry Gordy dropping Poffo with a powerslam, Hayes lands the Bulldog on Poffo for the win. We see the huge brawl that ends in a countout with Junkyard Dog, Sivi Afi and Sweet Daddy Siki against The Strongbow’s and Kamala. A clip of Houston and Hiro Saito battling it out. We see The headbutt’s from the Grappler’s on Pedro. We see the Windham’s and Houston celebrating after their win against The Grappler’s and Rogers. The last clip is the Freebirds walking away with the title belts and the Windham’s and Houston in the ring upset about the loss.

David: We will have more on the tournament throughout todays show!

Tony: What an evening of action! We were both there live, and it was an exciting show. Congratulations to our new champions, The Fabulous Freebirds!

The Freebirds walk out from the entrance to the TV set with their title belts.

Michael: What a night it was Tony! We came in and rock and rolled and took the titles that were made just for us! We are the best three wrestlers ANYWHERE!

Buddy: That’s right, there isn’t a better team anywhere.

Tony: Well, that is true right now. However, The Windham’s and Sam Houston will get there chance for a rematch coming up on March 31 at Coastal Clash!

Michael: Woah! Tony, where do you get your information from? That isn’t going to happen.

Tony: What do you mean? We got word from the NWA officials earlier today.

Terry: Haha! Barry Windham can’t wrestle in the match! He’s already scheduled to defend MY TV title against Stan Hansen.

Michael: That’s right. He can’t compete in two different title matches on the same show! So, if they want to go three on two, that's fine with us! But if they couldn’t beat us with three of them, how are they going to defeat us with just two of them?! HAHAHAHA!

Tony: Well, I didn't hear that! We will have to get this confirmed fans!

Michael: You do that, idiot! We are the champions, and we will always be the champs!

Buddy: FOREVER!

Tony: We will be right back!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

David: Well we are back and fans we have controversy already this week! The Freebirds have somehow convinced the NWA Board of Directors that Barry Windham cannot compete in TWO title matches on Coastal Clash! So he has to choose, keep the TV Title and forfeit the opportunity to win the Six-Man Tag Team Titles with his Brother and friend. Or he can forfeit the TV title match, and compete for the Six-Man Tag Titles! What a choice that will be!

Tony: That isn’t fair if you ask me! It’s should be Barry’s decision if he wants to wrestle twice in one night! They did it for the tournament.

David: I agree with that point. However, I do see where the directors are coming from. Barry has to be focused on one title. He can’t split that focus.

Tony: We will hear from them later in the hour. Up next, our first match!

Tag Team Match, One-Fall, 10-Minute TV Time Limit

Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens vs Italian Stallion & Terry Gibbs

Easy match for the number one contenders to the US tag team titles. They put this one away easily with a leaping knee smash from Patterson onto Gibbs for the pin.

Time: 4:46

Decision: Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens

David: Please welcome Terry Taylor!

Terry: Thank you, David.

David: In just a few weeks, you battle Randy Savage for the United States Championship, with lumberjack’s surrounding the ring.

Terry: I’m very excited. I finally get a rematch for the US title. And this time, Randy won’t be running away. We can settle things inside the ring. One on one.

David: Are you worried that Savage’s “friends” may get involved to help him out?!

Terry: I’m not worried, I have friends myself. They will have my back, just as I would have theirs. This battle will be one one one and we will see who the US champion is after the 3-count.

David: That’s coming up on March 31 in Charlotte! Get to your local arena for tickets to this live closed circuit event coming to you live as it happens all across the Mid Atlantic region!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tony DeVito & Frank Williams vs The Strongbow’s (w/ Skandor Akbar & Kamala)

The Strongbow’s come in showing their new found aggression, learned from their new manager Akbar. They just beat up the two opponent’s and finishing them off with duel sleeper holds. After the match, Kamala is brought into the ring by Akbar to squash both of them with big splashes.

Time: 4:13

Decision: The Strongbow’s

David: Akbar and his men will be coming this way to discuss what happened last weekend during the six-man tag team tournament. Akbar, why did you sick that headhunter Kamala on those two defenseless opponent’s!? The match was over, there was no need for that!

Akbar: Shut up, you disgusting idiot! I told you, I’m here to destroy all that you love. My men are here for the gold, the money, the power! We will stop at NOTHING to get what we want. JYD, and his stupid little followers, they cost us that gold. They cost us that power! They knew they couldn’t defeat us, so they held my men outside the ring for that stupid referee to count to ten! That’s the first time that zebra ever got that high! Don’t you worry, we’ve put out there the open contract. A Street Fight, come as you are, falls count anywhere in Charlotte. We want to end you dumb animals once and for all.

David: What a challenge! That will be a fight for sure! We’ll be right back!

Akbar leads his men to the locker room.

Tony: Can you believe that David? That will be a huge brawl.

David: Well that isn’t all, joining us now, Kendall Windham, Sam Houston and the TV Champion, Barry Windham!

Tony: Gentlemen, welcome. What response do you have for the comments from the Freebirds earlier in today’s show?

Barry: Well, they are running scared. They know that we almost had them beat. They know if we were 100%, we would beat them. So they don’t want to face us again. They went to the Board and complained the moment they walked back through the curtains in Raleigh to get out of our return match.

Tony: So what happens now?

Barry: Well, they think they have outsmarted us. Unfortunately for them, the Board of Directors gave us one other option. I will not be able to compete for the six-man tag team titles at Coastal Clash. However, my boys here will not be fighting three on two. They will have a partner, and we will introduce who that is next week when they wrestle in the main event in a six man tag team match!

Tony: Any hints?

Barry: Why would I want to spoil the fun Tony?!

Tony: ha ha! Well, there they go, headed to the ring as Barry is defending the TV title right here today! Up next, Barry Windham vs Rip Rogers for the TV Title!

NWA Television Title Match, One-Fall, 10-Minute TV Time Limit

Challenger, Rip Rogers vs Champion, Barry Windham

Barry goes right after the challenger, and starts off with a hot streak of offense. Rogers cheats with an eye rack to take the advantage away. He works over Barry’s back for a few moments. A backbreaker almost gets a three count. Barry battles back, punches and a huge leaping lariat for a two count. Barry picks up Rip and leaves him on top rope, the champion climbs the second rope, and gives a superplex to Rip Rogers for the win.

Time: 7:28

Decision: Still TV Champion, Barry Windham

COMMERCIAL BREAK

David: The NWA World Heavyweight Champion, “Nature Boy” Ric Flair!

Ric: Whoooo!!! David Crockett! The World Champion is here! Whoo!!!

David: Coming up next, champ, is your challenger on March 31, Ricky Steamboat.

Ric: The next of a long list of challenger’s who have been defeated by “Nature Boy”! Woooo!!! I respect his ability. He’s a tough wrestler, David. He can go 60-minutes. I’ve seen him wrestle. I’ve been on the other side of that ring. He is a great athlete. But no one, not one, that can last longer than the champ! Not one wrestler can workout as long as me, can out wrestle me. I am the best, and on March 31, Steamboat will fail in his quest to be the best.

David: Ric, are you staying with us to watch Ricky wrestle?

Flair: Woooo!!!!!

Single’s Match, One-Fall, 10-Minute Time Limit

Ricky Steamboat vs Jason Knight

Ricky shows off those beautiful arms drags. He works over the arm for the opening minutes. Eventually he climbs up the ropes and leaps, landing a cross body block for the win.

Time: 6:17

Decision: Ricky Steamboat

David: What a win by the challenger! Ric, he is ready!

Ric: I know he is. He is a premier athlete here in Mid Atlantic. Too bad he isn’t the best. Too bad he isn’t on the level of the champ.

David: March 31, get to your local closed circuit arena and watch these two battle it out for the NWA World’s Heavyweight Championship!

Ric: Whoooo!!!!!! Woo! Woo!! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Dark Matches after the taping:

The Moondogs defended the US Tag Titles against The Grappler’s

JYD and Kamala battled to a double DQ.

Fuji’s Clan defeated Lanny Poffo, Pedro Morales, Blue Demon Jr. & Pierroth Jr

Randy Savage defeated Sweet Daddy Siki to retain the US title

Ricky Steamboat, Kendall Windham & Sam Houston defeated The Fabulous Freebirds

Ric Flair defended the NWA World Heavyweight Championship against Barry Windham after interference from the Freebirds. Freebirds attack Barry. Sam Houston, Kendall Windham and Ricky Steamboat run out for the save, clearing out the Freebirds and Flair from the ring to end the show.

UPDATED:

Coastal Clash, March 31, 1984

Main Event

NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Challenger, Ricky Steamboat vs Champion, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

NWA United States Championship: Lumberjack Match

Challenger, Terry Taylor vs Champion, "Macho Man" Randy Savage (w/ Miss Elizabeth)

NWA Television Championship: Special 20-Minute Time Limit

Challenger, Stan "The Lariat" Hansen vs Champion, Barry Windham

United States Tag Team Championship

Challengers, Ray Stevens & Pat Patterson vs Champion, The Moondogs

NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Championship

Challengers, Sam Houston, Kendall Windham & ????? vs Champions, The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts)

Charlotte Street Fight, One-Fall to a Finish

Junkyard Dog, Sweet Daddy Siki & Sivi Afi vs Kamala & The Strongbow's (w/ Skandor Akbar)

$10,000 Tag Team Battle Royal

Mad Dog & Butcher Vachon

Pierroth Jr & Blue Demon Jr.

Mr. Fuji & Toru Tanaka

Tiger Chung Lee & Hiro Saito

Pedro Morales & Pez Whatley

Salvatore Bellomo & Lanny Poffo

Rip Rogers & Italian Stallion

The Grappler's

That is a really nice card. What a super show that is going to be. Terry Taylor vs Randy Savage, Windham vs Hansen and of course the epic clash of Steamboat vs Flair.

That is an awesome show. I have always been a Terry Taylor fan. So I am really excited about what you have planned for him.

All in all a really fun read.

Friday, March 16, 1984

Gaffney, SC

Limestone College Gym

Lanny Poffo & Pez Whatley went to a 15-minute time limit draw.

Tiger Chung Lee, Hiro Saito & Toru Tanaka (w/ Mr. Fuji) defeated Blue Demon Jr, Pierroth Jr. & Salvatore Bellomo

Pedro Morales defeated Rip Rogers with a senton splash.

Sam Houston defeated Mr. Fuji

Kamala and The Strongbow’s (w/ Skandor Akbar) defeated Junkyard Dog, Sivi Afi & Sweet Daddy Siki after Skandor Akbar interfered.

Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens defeated Mad Dog & Butcher Vachon

The Windham’s defeated The Grappler’s in tag team action.

Main Event saw Ric Flair and Randy Savage (w/ Miss Elizabeth) defeat Ricky Steamboat and Terry Taylor after Savage used brass knuckles to punch out Taylor.

Saturday, March 17, 1984

Shelby, NC

Rec Center

The Strongbow’s (w/ Skandor Akbar) defeated the Vachon’s

Blue Demon Jr. defeated Tiger Chung Lee (w/ Mr. Fuji)

Pierroth Jr defeated Hiro Saito (w/ Mr. Fuji)

Mr. Fuji & Toru Tanaka defeated Lanny Poffo & Salvatore Bellomo.

Kamala and JYD went to a double DQ.

Barry Windham defeated Buddy Roberts to retain the TV title.

The Moondogs defended the US Tag Team Championship against Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy

Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens went to a special 30-minute time limit draw with Ricky Steamboat & Terry Taylor

Sunday, March 18, 1984

Rockhill, SC

Winthorp Coliseum

Pedro Morales defeated Rip Rogers

Fuji’s Clan (w/ Mr. Fuji) defeated Pez Whatley, Lanny Poffo & Salvatore Bellomo

Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens defeated Blue Demon Jr. & Pierroth Jr.

Junkyard Dog defeated Kamala (w/ Skandor Akbar) via DQ

The Moondogs defeated The Grappler’s in a Texas Tornado Tag Team Match to retain the US Tag Team Titles.

Terry Taylor & Sam Houston defeated The Strongbow’s (w/ Skandor Akbar)

The Fabulous Freebirds defeated Ricky Steamboat, Barry Windham & Kendall Windham to retain the NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Titles, when Gordy pinned Kendall after a piledriver.

Monday, March 19, 1984

Winston Salem, NC

Memorial Coliseum

Sivi Afi & Sweet Daddy Siki defeated The Strongbow’s (w/ Skandor Akbar)

Fuji’s Clan defeated Blue Demon Jr., Pierroth Jr., Pez Whatley & Salvatore Bellomo

The Vachon’s & Pedro Morales defeated The Grappler’s & An Unnamed Masked Wrestler

Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens defeated Terry Taylor & Sam Houston

Kamala (w/ Skandor Akbar) defeated Junkyard Dog.

The Fabulous Freebirds defeated The Vachon’s & Pedro Morales to retain the NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Titles.

Ricky Steamboat & Barry Windham defeated Ric Flair & Randy Savage (w/ Miss Elizabeth) via a countout.

Thursday, March 22, 1984

TV Taping (Shown March 24, 1984)

Greenville, SC

Memorial Auditorium

Before we even get an introduction from Tony & David, we join the Fabulous Freebirds on the interview set with our hosts as they are arguing with Jim Crockett Jr., about the title defense at Coastal Clash next weekend.

Roberts: You boys better be hearin’ us! We ain’t defending these titles on that show! We don’t know who their partner is, and we ain’t fighting no one we don’t know for these titles!

Hayes: Crockett, what’s the deal?! Screwing with us the moment we won these World titles!

Jim Crockett Jr.: Listen gentlemen, we’ve had this discussion all week. You’ve been calling my office, calling me at home, calling me all day here at the arena. The decision is final. You WILL defend those titles on March 31 in Charlotte, or you will be stripped of the titles!

As they all begin to yell back and forth, the camera breaks away to the Windham’s and Sam Houston in the ring.

Barry: Boys, boys, boys. Calm down, will ya? We would be glad to tell you, right now, who their partner will be next Sunday afternoon.

Roberts: You better tell us, punk. We outta just go down there now and give them boys a beatin!

The Freebirds head to ringside.

Barry: Birds, why are you all upset? I’ll tell you the secret. The mystery man, is none other than my very good friend, Andre The Giant!

The Freebirds flip out at ringside. They are pissed, slamming up against the rails. Gordy is staring down Barry. He is pissed off. All of a sudden, through the crowd, Stan Hansen appears, sliding in the ring, taking his bullrope with a cowbell on it. He waffles Sam Houston upside the head with it, busting him open. Barry attacks Hansen. The Freebirds corner KEndall and begin to work him over. The take him to the ground and attack his knee. Buddy Roberts knocks Barry to the floor, and Hansen follows Barry as they brawl in the aisle. Roberts grabs Hansen’s bullrope and climbs the ropes, Hayes and Gordy hold down Kendall and Buddy leaps, driving the cowbell into the knee of Kendall. Then he just hammers the bell into his leg a few more times. Sam Houston stumbles to his feet but Gordy kicks him in the gut, grabs Sam and drops him with a huge piledriver. Hayes grabs Kendall and brings him towards the ring post, and wraps his leg around the post a few times as Andre The Giant finally makes his way from the back to break up the attack. The Freebirds walk away, happy with their work as Houston is down, a bloody mess and Kendall is in incredible pain. Andre checks on his fallen partners as officials arrive at ringside to get these two wrestlers to medical help. Tony and David sell this as a major beating, leaving Andre’s partner’s injured going into the title match next weekend. They wonder out loud where Andre was during the attack, and what has happened to Barry and Hansen as they send it to commercial.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tony: Welcome back to Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling. What a story we have to open today’s show. Stan Hansen and the Fabulous Freebirds attack The Windham’s and Sam Houston and leave two of them laying in the ring. Kendall and Sam are in the locker room getting attended too. We are told by officials during the break that Stan Hansen had locked Andre in his locker room with a forklift holding the door. Officials were able to move the forklift and free Andre to end the vicious attacks.

David: This was definitely a plan by the Freebirds! They must have been tipped off on Andre being here and somehow got Stan Hansen to agree to help them out! He and Barry battled to the parking lot, and some officials and police we have on hand for security was able to break that up.

Tony: What chaos we have already today! What more can happen here today?

David: Tony, we have the US Champion on the card, we’ll be hearing for his challenger, Terry Taylor!

Tony: Also coming up, The Vachon’s are here, Mr. Fuji and his clan. Barry Windham is scheduled to defend his TV Title also later on in the hour against Freebirds Buddy Roberts!

David: Kamala and Sivi Afi as well! We can’t wait any longer, let’s take it to the ring!

Terry Taylor makes his way to the interview set and joins Tony and David for commentary. He discusses the lumberjacks in the match with Savage. Taylor says he is ready for any cheap tricks the champion may have in store.

Non-Title Single’s Match, One-Fall, 10-Minute TV Time Limit

Terry Gibbs vs US Champion, Randy Savage (w/ Miss Elizabeth)

Savage starts off stalling, looking over to Terry Taylor at the commentary table. He points at him and calls him out. Randy finally gets into the ring to start his match. Savage takes the early lead after a cheap eye rake. Savage attacks early and doesn’t let up. Body slamming Gibbs to the mat, climbing the ropes, pointing to Terry Taylor as he leaps and crushes Terry Gibbs with the Flying Elbow Drop for the win.

Time: 5:28

Decision: Randy Savage

Savage continues to taunt Taylor from the ring, holding up the US Title belt as we go to another commercial.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Single’s Match, One-Fall, 10-Minute TV Time Limit

Kamala (w/ Skandor Akbar) vs Sivi Afi

This match immediately begins with an attack by Kamala. He pounds away on Afi, crushing him with lots of heavy strikes. Afi tries to fight back, but just as he begins a comeback, Akbar enters the ring and hits him with a chair to cause a DQ. The Strongbow’s run out to make it 4 on 1. JYD and Sweet Daddy Siki run in. Akbar runs to the floor as all six men battle it out. Akbar calls out someone from the locker room. Abdullah The Butcher comes from the locker room. He gets into the ring and it’s now 4 on 3 battle. A loud pop as the crowd explodes. Bruiser Brody comes down the aisle and gets into the ring. Him and Abby start to brawl heavy. The referee’s and officials try to break up this huge brawl. After a few moments, Akbar’s men begin to retreat. He’s barking orders to them, as they fall back with him. He storms the interview set and picks up the microphone.

Time: 3:48

Decision: Sivi Afi via DQ

Akbar: You pathetic punks! You want a WAR! We will bring you a WAR!

JYD grabs the house mic.

Dog: Yeah! {barks} We want a war Akbar! You bring your men, I’ll bring my dogs, and we’ll do battle in Charlotte.

Akbar: Fine! March 31, You and your dirty pound of filthy dogs will be beaten out of Mid Atlantic.

Akbar storms off the set as his men follow. JYD reaches out and shakes Brody’s hand. You can see them two talking, but you can’t make out the conversation.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

David: What a crazy day here! So much tension and heated issues. Everyone is brawling all around the arena today. Speaking of heated issues, up next is the Television Title match. Barry Windham is scheduled to defend the title against Buddy Roberts. We understand that officials have made sure that this will stick to being a one on one contest.

Tony: That’s right, David. If anyone interferes in this title match, there will be severe consequences.

NWA Television Title Match, One-Fall, 10-Minute TV Time Limit

Challenger, Buddy Roberts vs Champion, Barry Windham

They begin to brawl as soon as the bell rings. Tommy Young has a hell of a time trying to keep this match in the ring. The matches goes to a 10-minute time limit. They keep battling after the match. The Freebirds rush the ring to attack Barry. Andre and Sam Houston (bandaged up) return to even the odds. Freebirds powder out of the ring to finish off the show.

Time: 10:00

Decision: Time Limit Draw

DARK MATCHES AFTER THE TAPING:

Moondogs & Pez Whatley defeated The Grappler’s and Rip Rogers

The Fabulous Freebirds and Stan Hansen went to a Double DQ with Barry & Kendall Windham, Sam Houston and Andre The Giant

NWA World Champ Ric Flair, US Champion Randy Savage, Ray Stevens & Pat Patterson defeated Ricky Steamboat, Terry Taylor, Pedro Morales and Lanny Poffo

Friday, March 23, 1984

Ashville, NC

Civic Center

Hiro Saito & Toru Tanaka (w/ Mr. Fuji) defeated Blue Demon Jr. & Pierroth Jr.

Pedro Morales defeated Rip Rogers

Mr. Fuji defeated Salvatore Bellomo

Kamala & The Strongbow’s defeated Junkyard Dog, Sivi Afi & Sweet Daddy Siki

US Champion, Randy Savage (w/ Miss Elizabeth) retained the US title defeating Sam Houston

US Tag Team Champions, The Moondogs defeated The Grappler’s in a Texas Tornado Tag Team Match to retain the US Tag Team Titles.

TV Champion, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat & Terry Taylor defeated NWA World Champion, Ric Flair, Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens in a six-man tag team match.

Saturday, March 24, 1984

Charleston, SC

County Hall

Blue Demon Jr. & Pierroth Jr. defeated The Grappler’s

Rip Rogers defeated Pedro Morales

The Strongbow’s (w/ Skandor Akbar) defeated Sivi Afi & Sweet Daddy Siki

Junkyard Dog defeated Kamala (w/ Skandor Akbar) via DQ

Pat Patterson, Ray Stevens & Mr. Fuji defeated The Moondogs & Lanny Poffo

Mad Dog & Butcher Vachon defeated Toru Tanaka & Tiger Chung Lee (w/ Mr. Fuji)

Hiro Saito (w/ Mr Fuji) defeated Pez Whatley

Ricky Steamboat, Terry Taylor, Sam Houston, Kendall Windham & TV Champion, Barry Windham defeated NWA World Champion, Ric Flair, US Champion, Randy Savage, NWA World Six Man Tag Team Champions, The Fabulous Freebirds in a 10-men tag team match

Sunday, March 25, 1984

Columbia, SC

Civic Center

Pedro Morales, Blue Demon Jr. & Pierroth Jr. defeated Toru Tanaka, Tiger Chung Lee & Hiro Saito (w/ Mr. Fuji)

The Grappler’s defeated Mad Dog & Butcher Vachon

The Moondogs & Junkyard Dog defeated The Strongbow’s & Kamala (w/ Skandor Akbar)

Mr. Fuji defeated Pez Whatley

Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens defeated Sivi Afi & Sweet Daddy Siki

Ricky Steamboat & Terry Taylor went a 30-minute time limit draw with US Champion Randy Savage (w/ Miss Elizabeth) & NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair

Barry Windham, Kendall Windham & Sam Houston defeated the NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Champions The Fabulous Freebirds in a non-title Bunkhouse Brawl.

Monday, March 26, 1984

TV Taping (Airing March 31, 1984)

Greenwood, SC

Civic Center

Tony: Welcome everyone to Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling! We have arrived to the date everyone is talking about! Let me welcome in David Crockett, and David, tonight is the huge event in Charlotte!

David: That’s right, Tony! Tonight we will have the Coastal Clash, broadcast all across the Mid Atlantic region, live!

Tony: What an event we expect to have. I’m told the Coliseum for tonight’s action is sold out. We know a number of venues carrying tonight’s action is already sold out, and we’ve even had to add a few locations so all our fans can see tonight’s huge wrestling spectacular!

David: This is a big deal not only for us here in Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling, but also for the NWA itself! We have all the title’s on the line and also the big one, the World’s Heavyweight Title will also be on the line tonight!

Tony: And with that, we will bring out our first guest, the number one challenger for the NWA World’s Heavyweight Championship, and challenger for tonight’s main event, Ricky Steamboat!

Ricky Steamboat: Thank you Tony, David. (Ricky waves to the crowd) Tonight's the night gentlemen! I get my chance in front of a lot of people all across the land to capture the World’s Title!

Tony: What an exciting event. How was the training gone, Ricky?

Ricky: Very well, Tony. You’ve known me for a very long time. Both of you gentlemen know how hard I’ve trained. I’ve been keeping up a hard schedule touring around this region, wrestling every day. I have also hit the gym harder. I have studied even more tape on Mr. Flair. He is a truly a World Champion wrestler.

David: You have great confidence in your voice, you do believe that tonight is the night!

Ricky: I do believe that, David. I believe that not only am I in the best shape of my life, but that I am the better wrestler. Tonight, I will prove this and defeat the “Nature Boy” and win that 15 pounds of gold.

Tony: Well, that is our main event of the evening tonight in Charlotte. Do you have any worries that you are wrestling the champion in his home town?

Ricky: I do not, Tony. I am very lucky to have a strong fan support. Even in Charlotte against Ric Flair, I believe my fans will stay in my corner and cheer me on to victory!

David: Thank you Ricky! We appreciate your time here on this very important day.

{Ricky waves to the crowd as he disappears into the locker room.}

Single’s Match, One-Fall, 10-Minute TV Time Limit

Pez Whatley vs Stan “The Lariat” Hansen

Hansen attacks just as the bell sounds. He hammers Whatley with a few vicious forearms to the back and neck. Stan drops Pez with a big power body slam. He takes over the offense the rest of the way, including some nasty boots to the head. A violent Lariat sends Pez to the ground and gives Stan Hansen the victory.

Time: 4:27

Decision: Stan Hansen

COMMERCIAL BREAK

{When we return from break, we see a video package of the Randy Savage vs Terry Taylor feud with pre-tape comments from both inserted into the footage.}

Mad Dog & Butcher Vachon vs Kamala & Abdullah The Butcher (w/ Skandor Akbar)

The match battles for a couple of minutes before it breaks down into an uncontrollable brawl. Earl Hebner calls for the bell and disqualifies Akbar’s men. Abby gets the fork out and digs into both men’s head as Kamala kicks at them. Akbar commands more punishment. Abby and Kamala both land big time splashes.

Time: 3:53

Decision: The Vachon’s via DQ

Tony: After that vicious attack, Akbar and his men are joining me here at the set.

Akbar: Shut up! Dog! JYD, you and your friends. You were watching!? I hope you got the message! Tonight, you will be destroyed! You career will be mine!

{Akbar storms off the set as we go to commercial break.}

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tony: Please welcome our guests, the NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Champions, Terry Gordy, Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts, The Fabulous Freebirds!

Buddy Roberts: Thats right baby! We are the World Champions! That’s how it will always be!

Michael Hayes: Tonight, we prove to the entire world, Tony Schiavone, that we really are the greatest team, the great three men in the entire world.

Terry Gordy: I just want to fight. We are not afraid of any three men. I am not afraid of any one man, and that includes you Giant.

Roberts: Yeah, you stupid dumb bastard! Gordy will drop you tonight, and we will retain these beautiful gold belts. We got this in the bag, we are great!

Hayes: We are champions, today, tonight, tomorrow. Everyday and everynight. Don’t you forget it.

{Crowd cheers as Andre The Giant appears, looking over at the Freebirds, then walks to the ring for his match. He is accompanied by Sam Houston and Kendall Windham}

3 on 1 Handicap Match, One-Fall, 10-Minute TV Time Limit

Tony DeVito, Italian Stallion & Frank Williams vs Andre The Giant

All three of these men look scared as Andre steps into the ring. Andre waves to the crowd. Stallion pushes DeVito at Andre as the bell rings. DeVito lands a few punches, but Andre just shrugs it off. He grabs DeVito and bodyslams him. Williams rushes into the ring with a drop kick, but Andre just looks at him. Andre whips Williams into a corner and gives him a few back splashes. Williams crumbles into the corner. Stallion tries to run off, but Houston stops him and pushes him back into the ring. Andre grabs Stallion, gives him a butterfly suplex and pins him.

Time: 2:00

Decision: Andre The Giant

{Andre and his team leave the ringside area as JYD and his team walkout through the entrance. All six men shake hands as they pass}

David: Ladies and Gentlemen, Junkyard Dog, Sivi Afi & Sweet Daddy Siki! Welcome gentlemen. JYD, where is your other partner, Bruiser Brody?!

JYD: (Barks) Don’t you worry about that David Crockett! We don’t need him right now, but he has sworn to me that he will be in Charlotte tonight. He wants a fight, and we have one that will cure his itch. Akbar wants my career, well bigger and better men haven’t been able to kill this dog, and he will be no better.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Television Title Match, One-Fall, 10-Minute TV Time Limit

Challenger, Salvatore Bellomo vs Champion, Barry Windham

Clean wrestling match between two popular wrestlers. Barry is way more popular, and has the crowd behind him. These two battle back and forth a little bit, but Sal wasn’t able to connect with a leaping knee smash. Barry was able to climb the ropes and land a leaping dropkick to knock the air out of Sal for a three count.

Time: 6:28

Tony: A great win for the TV Champion, retaining his championship. I understand we may get a word in with the champion. Barry, great win!

Barry: Thank you, Tony. Salvatore is a great competitor. I had it tonight, if we face off again, maybe things will turn out differently. Now, I only have my focus on one man. “The Lariat”. I saw him battle earlier, and I felt his attack last week. He’s a tough, brutal man. Tonight will not be easy. I am the TV Champion, and I am on top of my game right now. I’m on a roll, Tony. Let’s see if Stan Hansen can just walk in here and take my title. I don’t believe he can do it. Tonight, we will find out!

Tony: What a title defense that will be! Speaking of defending titles, The NWA World Champion is standing by via video tape from an interview he did last week in Columbia, SC. Let’s go to that tape!

Ric Flair: I stand here in Columbia, South Carolina. Just days away from my title defense with Ricky Steamboat. I’m about to go out and show this crowd why I am the World Champion. Wooo! March 31, in my hometown of Charlotte, North Carolina, woooo!!! I will prove to Steamboat, and everyone in the Mid Atlantic region why they call me the 60-Minute Man! Why I am the “Nature Boy”! Woo! Why they call me “Slick Ric”! Wooooooo!!! Steamboat, in just a few short days, as I stand here now, I will defeat you, and walk out of my city STILL World’s Heavyweight Champion! Whhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

David: Tony, we are so close to Coastal Clash, tonight in Charlotte!

Tony: David, it is the most exciting event we have had in this region. It is a proud moment for the Crockett family. Live all across the region! Tonight, SEVEN big matches! FIVE Championship matches!

David: A Tag Team Battle Royal and a Street Fight. What a show, an event of huge proportions! Please fans, join us tonight at a Closed Circuit venue near you!

Tony: And with that, so long everybody! We will see you all for Coastal Clash!

Dark Matches after the taping:

Bruiser Brody won a 20-Man Battle Royal.

Randy Savage defended the US Title against Sam Houston in a 30 minute bout.

When I look back to the 1980's, I found a few wrestlers were so captivating that they could carry an organization on their back. It seems to me that you have many at the same time and that makes for a great time in Mid Atlantic. From Flair to Steamboat to Savage to JYD to the Freebirds and of course Akbar! They could feud with anyone and it instantly becomes Pro Wrestling illustrated worthy. This organizations roster is #1 in my eyes and something I enjoy reading each week.

Friday, March 30, 1984

Richmond, VA

Coliseum

Pez Whatley defeated Tiger Chung Lee (w/ Mr. Fuji)

Toru Tanaka & Mr. Fuji defeated Blue Demon Jr. & Pierroth Jr.

Hiro Saito (w/ Mr. Fuj) defeated Salvatore Bellomo

Lanny Poffo defeated The Italian Stallion

The Moondogs defended the US Tag Team Titles against the Grappler’s in a Texas Tornado Tag Team Match

Intermission (the Moondog’s stay out at the ringside and sign autographs. As the show resumes, the Moondog’s start to leave as Pat Patterson and Ray Stevens come out for their match. There is a short pull apart brawl between the two teams)

Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens defeated Mad Dog & Butcher Vachon

Ricky Steamboat defeated Pedro Morales in a very fine technical match.

The Strongbow’s & Kamala (w/ Skandor Akbar) defeated Junkyard Dog, Sivi Afi & Sweet Daddy Siki after interference from Akbar

Randy Savage defended the US championship against Sam Houston

Barry Windham went to a 45-minute draw with Ric Flair in a non-title match.

• 2 weeks later...

Coastal Clash

March 31, 1984

Charlotte, NC

Coliseum

The crowd is welcomed to Coastal Clash by David Crockett. He informs everyone that we are live all across the Mid Atlantic region in 20 different venues to witness tonight’s historic event in Charlotte,NC. He will be doing some interviews in between matches. He sends us to Tony Schiavone and a returning Bob Caudle. They welcome the crowd to the show and Tony welcomes back Bob. They discuss his recent time away from Mid Atlantic and then they quickly run down the entire card. We go to the back and hear some words from the two teams in the opening title match.

David Crockett: In our opening contest, we will have a title match, please welcome the challengers, Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens

Pat Patterson: What you mean to say is “The future United State Tag Team Champion, Pat Patterson & Ray Steven!”

Ray Stevens: That’s right, we are ready. We don’t care about anything else tonight, other than gaining that championship belts.”

David: Well, they are certainly ready for tonight. (Graphic appears on screen showing the upcoming US Tag Team Title Match, think like Wrestlemania 1 and Gene Okerlund interview segments) Let’s ask the champions what they’re thoughts are on this upcoming title defense.

The Moondogs walk into the interview area, but they just stare at David, and the camera, and they walk off.

David: Back to you at ringside.

NWA United States Tag Team Championship, One-Fall, 45-Minute Time Limit

Challengers, Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens vs Champions, The Moondogs (Spot & Rex)

The beginning of the match is all Moondogs, with their brawling ability out shining the challengers. A simple sneaky cheap shot as the referee was distracted got the advantage for the challengers. They keep the advantage by keeping Spot in their corner and wrestling him, working over his left arm and shoulder area. They tag in and out regularly, when the referee gets distracted by Rex, they do the illegal switch behind the referee. Eventually, they get caught and that gives Spot enough time to make a comeback and tag out to Rex. Rex comes in and starts battling both challengers. Knocking them over with punches and elbows. The referee tries to get one of the challengers out of the ring. As Spot returns and all four men brawl mid-ring. Suddenly, from what seems out of nowhere, Paul Jones is at ringside and hands Patterson something. He then gets the referee’s attention. Patterson punches Rex right between the eyes. Spot sees Paul Jones and chases him around ringside as Earl Hebner makes the three count, officially crowning new tag team champions!

Time: 11:03

Decision: New NWA United States Tag Team Champions, Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens

David: Welcome back to the locker room area, up next is the $10,000 Tag Team Battle Royal. Earlier this evening, we spoke to some of the teams in this huge event. Here’s what they had to say.

Mr. Fuji: We have the advantage, there might be two teams here, but my men work for ME! We will destroy the competition and win the $10,000!

Mad Dog Vachon: Win! Win! Win!

Rip Rogers: How did I get stuck with you? (looking at Italian Stallion) It doesn’t matter. Don’t get thrown out, and I’ll win this match and get myself the $10,000!

Lanny Poffo: What a Battle Royale it will be, Salvatore & myself know the key! They key to victory that is. We will toss them this way, and that way, and over the top rope they will fall, because Salvatore myself and the best of all!

Pedro Morales: $10,000 is a lot of money, man. Pez and myself will be victorious!

Grappler #2: We are the best team in the entire Mid Atlantic! To be in this battle royal is an insult! We will win and take the $10,000!

David: Back to ringside.

$10,000 Tag Team Battle Royal

Teams include: Mad Dog & Butcher Vachon, Pierroth Jr. & Blue Demon Jr., Pedro Morales & Pez Whatley, Salvatore Bellomo & Lanny Poffo, Mr. Fuji & Toru Tanaka, Tiger Chung Lee & Hiro Saito, Rip Rogers & Italian Stallion, The Grappler’s

There is so much going on at one time, the announcer’s try to keep up. However, there are too many bodies flying around. The rules of this battle royal is that when one member of a team is tossed, both men are eliminated. Both feet have to hit the floor, and the referee has the final decision on if a team member has been eliminated or not. The referee’s may also eliminate a team due to an injury. The last team to be standing will be awarded the match and they will split the $10,000. First team to be tossed is Blue Demon Jr and Pierroth Jr, as both are eliminated about the same time by Mr. Fuji’s clan. A couple of minutes later, just a ton a brawling around the ring and in the corners, we see Pez Whatley gets tossed over the ropes by both Grappler’s. Next out is Italian Stallion, as he gets clotheslined over the top rope by Lanny Poffo. Rip Rogers gets called from the officials to leave the ring. He exits the ring and kicks the hell out of the Stallion. Rip sends his partner into the post and walks away pissed off. Medical people come to ringside and stretcher the Stallion away. Mr. Fuji gets Salvatore over the top rope and to the floor to eliminate his team. Fuji’s men team up with The Grappler’s to try and eliminate the Vachon’s. A mis-que with some salt blinds the Grappler’s. Vachon’s knock all the members of Fuji’s clan down with clotheslines. They grab the masked former champions and send them flying to the floor. They try quickly to keep the momentum going, as they know they are still outnumbered. They punch and kick at Tiger Chung Lee and Toru Tanaka. Both Vachon’s level their opponent’s with double reverse atomic drops. Tanaka crumbles to the mat, but Lee bounces up and over the top rope to the floor. Saito keeps the attack on. The officials try to get him from the ring. As he is ushered from the ring. Fuji low blows Butcher Vachon. He’s laying on the mat in terrible pain. Tanaka and Fuji work over Mad Dog and toss him to the floor before Butcher could get back to his feet and help. Fuji’s man attack both Vachon’s after the match. Fuji then poses as his men bow to him.

Time: 17:31

Decision: Mr. Fuji & Toru Tanaka

Tony: Let’s take it to some pre-recorded thoughts from the two wrestlers doing battle over the Television Championship.

David: “The Lariat” Stan Hansen.

Stan Hansen: I don’t got nothing to say. I’m gonna beat the hell outta him and take his title!

David: Ok, well that will be a difficult challenge, as the champion is on roll as of late. Barry, come on it. What are you thought’s about your challenger this evening?

Barry: David, he’s a tough man. A mean, tough Texan. But you know what? People seem to forget around here, I’m a mean, tough Texan too. Tonight, I will fight with all I have to keep this here championship!

David: Ladies and gentlemen, that match is up next! Back to you at ringside.

NWA Television Championship, One-Fall, Special 15-Minute Time Limit

Challenger, Stan “The Lariat” Hansen vs Champion, Barry Windham

This is a very physical match from the opening bell. Both lock up hard, and whip each other around. Hansen has the strength and experience advantage. Barry has the height and quickness. Hansen takes over after an eye rake in the corner. Stan beats Barry all over the ring. Huge forearm shots. Just pounding the upper back, lower neck area. He works over Barry for a number of minutes. Slow and painful for the champion. Barry makes a comeback, after Hansen missed a charge into the corner. Barry lands some quick strikes, and a huge dropkick that sends Stan to the floor. He quickly returns, and Barry gets back onto the offense. He whips Hansen, Stan reverses, tries to level Barry with his Lariat, but Windham ducks, just missing that finishing move. Barry gets extra momentum off the ropes and levels Stan Hansen with his own Lariat, leaping into the air and dropping him with it. Barry covers and gets a 2 ¾ count. The crowd went insane for that. Barry quickly climbs the rope, Hansen gets up and stumbles into a flying cross body block into a pinfall for the incredible 3-count! Barry escapes the ring, as the Tommy Young hands the title belt to Barry. Hansen is in the ring, pissed off, kicking the ropes. The announcers call it somewhat of an upset, even with Barry’s roll, Hansen was the favorite coming out of this match.

Time: 13:14

David: Ladies and Gentlemen, we were denied interviews with both parties in this next contest. This will be a bloodbath for the ages. This feud got very personal very fast. Skandor Akbar wants to show that he is the top manager in the entire world. His plan is to take over this Mid Atlantic region first, then continue on. Somehow, Junkyard Dog, Sivi Afi and Sweet Daddy Siki has gotten in his way. But the fight turned from 3 on 3 to 4 on 3 a few weeks ago. JYD had a plan for that, and turned to Bruiser Brody to even up the odds. We all know the history that’s been building between Brody and Abby, and another chapter will be written tonight. With that, let’s return to ringside, Tony and Bob, good luck calling this one.

Charlotte Street Fight, One-Fall to a Finish.

Junkyard Dog, Sivi Afi, Sweet Daddy Siki & Bruiser Brody vs Kamala, Jules and Jay Strongbow & Abdullah The Butcher (w/ Skandor Akbar)

As soon as all eight men are in the same area, the chaos begins. There is two referee’s for this contest, Tommy Young and Earl Hebner. They stay out of the way, just letting these men fight. They are just there to call for the winner. Pinfalls or submissions will end this street fight. JYD and Kamala pair off and battle in the aisle way. Brody and Abby are at ringside, battling around the announcers, then into the crowd for a bit. The camera’s lose them at one point they are so deep into the crowd. The Strongbow’s and in the ring with Afi and Siki. These four are doing battle, but more of a brawling Texas Tornado match than anything. Two attempts at a pin in about 8 minutes, then the crowd parts and you can see Brody and Abby coming through the crowd on the hard cam. JYD and Kamala battle back towards ringside. All eight men on the floor just exchanging blows with chairs and boards found around the arena. Eventually all the men are busted open. Brody and Abby and choking and just beating each other violently. Both are a bloody mess. They are bleeding the most, who knows what weapons they had their hands on off camera. JYD and Kamala return to the ring. They are exchanging stiff punches back and forth. Kamala tries a huge chop, but the Dog ducks, as they turn to each other again JYD gets the Ugandan Headhunter off his feet and lands a vicious THUMP for the three count! The crowd pops hard. JYD is exhausted. Kamala is hurt. The other six continue to brawl, but are slowly entering the ring. Akbar is mad at ringside. He digs into his coat, climbing into the ring. Abby tosses Dog to the floor, Kamala is back up and double teams Brody with Abby. The Strongbow’s knock Siki to the floor. Then they grab Sivi Afi and hold him for Akbar. Akbar is yelling, the scene is chaotic. All of a sudden a fireball just appears from Akbar’s hand and explodes in Afi’s face. The crowd screams and becomes quiet. The referee’s are freaking out. The announce team just doesn’t have the words. Akbar celebrates, but then quickly rushes from the ring with his men. Abby and Brody had fought to the back and Kamala was just beating on Siki and JYD during the fireball. Akbar ushers his men to the back as referee’s and officials rush to Afi’s aid. The crowd is stunned. Medical attention arrives as does a stretcher. Siki and JYD return to the ring to help their fallen friend. We are at intermission.

Time: 12:42

Decision: Junkyard Dog, Sivi Afi, Sweet Daddy Siki and Bruiser Brody

INTERMISSION

The medical team works on Avi as the announcers tell everyone we will return in approximately 20 minutes. The hard cam shot is kept live, and after a couple of minutes, the 20 minute timer clock appears on the screen. You can see Avi get placed on the stretcher and wheeled to the locker room. Moments later the ring crew comes out and cleans up ringside. You can see Tony and Bob return from the locker room well before the clock ticks down, and they sit at the table. A few fans get autographs. Just before the last minute ticks down, we see wrestlers coming from the locker room and surrounding the ring. It looks like the Lumberjack United States Championship Match is up next.

David Crockett: Welcome back to Coastal Clash, right here in Charlotte, North Carolina. What an opening half of action we have seen. Up next, the United States Championship will be defended. Terry Taylor, come on in. Your night has finally arrived. What are you thoughts, as we are moments away.

Terry Taylor: I’m ready David. I’ve prepared very hard for this match, and I’ve studied Randy Savage. I know his tricks, and I’m prepared to win back that US Heavyweight Title.

David: The challenger does look ready for battle, and as I turn to welcome in the champion, Randy Savage, and the lovely Miss Elizabeth, your challenger looks ready to dethrone you this evening.

Randy Savage: OH really?! I don’t think so, David Crockett! I think Terry Taylor is ready to fall at the hands of the United States Champion! Ohh Yeah!!!!

David: Back to ringside.

NWA United States Championship Lumberjack Match, One-Fall, 45-Minute Time Limit

Challenger, Terry Taylor vs Champion, “Macho Man” Randy Savage (w/ Miss Elizabeth)

The lumberjacks are all 16 men from the tag team battle royal and the two teams from the US Tag Title match, 20 total, 5 on each side of the ring. Lots of bodies in this one. Early stages of the match is the same “Memphis Style” stalling, but Savage tries to escape the ring, and can’t. He folds into the ropes, to get the referee to hold off Taylor, but you can tell Savage seems frustrated at not being able to leave the ring. They lock up and Taylor starts to wrestle Savage, grabbing a hammerlock to start. Savage gets to the ropes for the break. Another lockup and same pattern, hammerlock then a rope break. During this second rope break, Savage grabs Taylor’s tights and leverages him out of the ring to the floor. A couple of Savage’s friend’s take cheap shots at Terry while other are picking him up and tossing him into the ring. Savage has clear control at this point and starts to pick up the pace. A really nice looking leaping knee smash to the upper body of Taylor does some good damage as well. Savage starts to get real confident, taunting the fans. The punishment really starts to get tough on Taylor. Savage turns up the physical nature of his offense. Elbows, axehandles, even grabbing his head and running towards the ropes, clotheslining Taylors head/neck over the top rope. Savage quickly returns to the ring before any of the wrestlers grab him. Savage immediately tries for a cover, but only gets a two-count. Savage is a tad bit frustrated, but that look turns into a sly smile as he continues to punish the former US champion. Savage calls out to the crowd that it is all over. He picks up Taylor, positioning him for a piledriver, but Taylor backdrops Savage over his back to the mat. They both collapse to the mat. The referee begins a ten-count. Both men work to their feet, punching each other. Back and forth they battle. The wrestlers at ringside enjoying the back and forth. Taylor starts to get the better of the situation. The bounces off the ropes, leaping with a cross body block, but Savage kicks out. Savage rolls to the outside, and is met by some of the wrestlers and tossed back into the ring. As Terry stalks Savage into a corner, Mr. Fuji steps up onto the mat. Taylor rushes over and punches him to the concrete floor. This begins some real pushing and shoving on the floor among the lumberjacks. The referee’s attention goes to the floor, trying to yell at the lumberjacks to return to their positions. Randy digs into his tights and pulls out some brass knuckles. Taylor turns his attention to Savage, picking him up for a bodyslam, Savage is able to fight that off, and nail Taylor with it. Savage tosses it from the ring. Elizabeth picks it up, not really knowing what to do, shoves it in her purse. Savage begins to climb the ropes. The referee turns back around, Savage leaps and drops the flying elbow smash for the 3-count.

Time: 18:30

Decision: Still United States Champion, Randy Savage

David: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the challenger’s for the upcoming NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Title match, Kendall Windham, Sam Houston and Andre The Giant! Gentlemen, tonight’s your first night as a unit. With Andre being added to the mix, can you work together to become the champions?!

Sam Houston: Of course we can, David! We are all professional athletes. Kendall and I have been teaming all across the Mid Atlantic region for months now. And with this big man in our corner, and his wrestling knowledge, we have a huge opportunity to take home the gold!

Andre: That’s right! We will be the champions!

David: It will be a difficult task defeating my guests coming in right now, the current, and first-ever World Six-Man Tag Team Champions, the Fabulous Freebirds.

Buddy Roberts: That’s right! The 1st ever! The ONLY! No three men can defeat us, even if one of those men is a stupid, ugly Giant!

Terry Gordy: We can’t be defeated. We are the best tag team unit in professional sports today.

Michael: And that, Jack, is all you need to know!

David: Back to you, at ringside!

NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Championship, One-Fall, 60-Minute Time Limit

Challengers, Sam Houston, Kendall Windham & Andre The Giant

Vs

Champions, The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts)

The opening of the match sees all six man brawl in the ring. Kendall and Buddy, Sam and Michael, Terry and Andre. Andre’s team gets the upper hand quickly and the Freebirds bail to the floor. The match settles down into a regular six-man tag team match, a lot of brawling still. Sam and Kendall try to work more with wrestling holds, but the Freebirds try to make it more of a brawling game. Eventually the Freebirds get Kendall in their corner and work him over heavily. They target his knee. Gordy gets into the ring and just hammers the knee. He works it over with elbows, knee drops and just heavy strikes. He locks in a knee bar and just grinds that knee. Kendall is fighting it, working his way to the ring ropes to cause the break. Gordy breaks, grabbing Kendall and dragging him back into the Freebirds corner. They continue to tag in and out, working over the knee with various strikes to the inside of the knee and some basic leg submission moves. The Freebirds taunt the crowd relentlessly. Andre steps in and just clobbers all three of them, and body slamming Terry Gordy to the floor. He grabs Kendall and brings him into the corner for the tag. Sam Houston comes in and starts to work over the opponent’s as Andre checks on Kendall. Kendall’s leg and knee are shot. Andre steps onto the apron again. Sam Houston has the Freebird’s on their heels. Andre gets tagged in. He steps into the ring and body slams each of them. Andre leaps and crushes all three with a big splash. He gets up and pulls Buddy Roberts with him. The other two roll to the floor. Andre gives Buddy a huge atomic drop. Andre tags in Houston. Sam climbs the turnbuckles. Gordy gets back into the ring and football tackles Andre through the ropes to the floor. Houston climbs falling off the ropes and crashes hard into the mat. Hayes is back in the corner, Roberts struggles to get over to the corner...but makes the tag. Hayes quickly swings into the ring and grabs Houston, picks him up and drops him with a neckbreaker. Gordy and Andre are battling outside the ring. Hayes covers Houston to get in the pinfall and the Freebirds retain the titles.

Time: 21:11

Decision: Still NWA 6-Man Tag Team Champions, The Fabulous Freebirds

David: This is it, we have arrived. The NWA World’s Heavyweight Championship is on the line up next. Ricky Steamboat, come on in. Let’s get that last minute word with you.

Ricky: Thank you, David. It’s quite an honor challenging for the World Championship at such a pretigious event, such as this. It will be an even bigger honor, WINNING the World’s Championship at this event.

David: A very confident challenger, as I change directions to the World’s Heavyweight Champion, “Nature Boy” Ric Flair. You’re always a confident champion, I don’t imagine tonight is any different.

Flair: And why should it be, David Crockett? I am the World Champion. I am the best in the business. No one can top me. Not even someone as talented as Ricky Steamboat. Tonight, I just show the world once more, why I am the greatest man alive! Whooooo!!!!!!!

NWA World Heavyweight Championship, One-Fall, 60-Minute Time Limit

Challenger, Ricky Steamboat vs Champion, “Nature Boy” Ric Flair

Both competitor’s face off in the middle of the ring. Flair mouths off as Tommy Young gives the final instructions. The bell rings and they lock up immediately. Ricky arm drags Flair to the corner, and Flair gets pissed. He charges Steamboat only to get himself locked into another arm drag into an armbar. Flair yells at Tommy Young. The early part of the match continues to go Steamboat’s way. Flair gets a little frustrated and takes a powder. As Steamboat reaches through the ropes to get Flair back in, Flair grabs at Steamer’s legs and ram them into the side of the ring apron. Flair begins to attack the leg. He slides into the ring and takes control of the contest. Flair whoooo-ing to the sold out crowd. The fans cheer for the challenger. Flair works over Steamboat, taking control of the championship match. Steamboat gets a few quick reversals in at times, but Flair has the control for a long stretch here. Steamboat does battle back for a few minutes, keeping Flair off his feet with some chops. Flair begs off to the corner. As Steamboat works his way closer, Flair grabs the tights and tosses him to the floor. Flair slips out of the ring, as Tommy Young admonishes him for the outside the ring action. Flair works over the challenger even more on the outside before sliding him back into the ring. Flair is extremely confident right now. He’s strutting around the ring. The crowd is begging for Steamboat to recover. Flair crushes Steamboat with a leaping knee smash, but only gets a two count. The champion grabs at Steamboat’s legs and locks in the figure-four leglock. He’s has it locked near the center of the ring. The crowd is solidly behind the challenger. Steamboat is in intense pain, however he is fighting it. After a few moments, Steamboat is able to reverse the move, but the momentum carries them both into the ropes. The referee makes them break the hold. Flair limps up, not injured, but the move has him feeling the affects. Steamboat pulls himself up on the ropes. As Flair moves in closer, Steamboat catches Flair with some karate style chops. Ricky begins to rebound, catching Flair off guard and nails a crisp backbreaker for a two count. At this point, the two men battle back and forth. No one gets an advantage. This goes on for quite a stretch. Both men exchanging moves. No one keeping an advantage. Steamboat is still weak on the one leg, but is keeping up with the champion. Flair is favoring his back, he must have been injured on the backbreaker. Steamboat has been focusing his attack on the lower back. Flair tries to kick at Steamboat’s knee, but Ricky catches Flair’s foot. He pushes Flair onto his back and locks in a Boston Crab. Flair tries to get to the ropes. Steamboat holds on, digging in deep. Flair struggles, finally getting to the ropes. The referee calls for the break. Steamboat releases the hold. Flair gets out onto the apron. Steamboat gets back to his feet, as Flair uses the ropes to pull himself up. Flair swings a fist, misses, Steamboat catches Flair with a suplex back into the ring. Flair is hurt, Steamboat rolls under the ropes. He climbs up, Flair stumbles his way to his feet, turns towards the corner, Steamboat leaps and catches Flair with a flying crossbody. Tommy Young slides into place, 1...2...kickout! The fans explode, realizing the match will continue. Steamboat struggles to his feet, Flair does as well. Both men meet in the middle of the ring once again, exchanging chops. They continue this a few times. Steamboat ducks the last chop, grabbing a backslide, slowly kneeling down, trapping Flair’s shoulders to the mat, 1….2…..3!!! The referee calls for the bell. We have a NEW NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Time: 49:32

Decision: New NWA World’s Heavyweight Champion, Ricky Steamboat

First for the positives on Coastal Clash:

Love how you had a title change to open the show. his would really get a crowd into it!

I thought the variety of matches was fun. From a Tag Team Battle Royal to a Charlotte Stree tfight to a Lumberjack Match. Very Cool!

Move of the night: BAM BAM Terry Gory with a football tackle on Andre! LOVE IT!

A thought a backslide was a cool way to end the Steamboat/Flair battle. They were going at it for so long and couldn't get a victory and then a simple back slide and the title changes hands.

Now for the Negatives:

That this Super Card didn't happen in real life wrestling! I loved every minute of it. I wish the NWA had really allowed The Dragon a World Title Reign! COMPLETELY AWESOME JOB AND WELL WORTH THE WAIT.