Pro Wrestling Only

Who had the best body and when?

JerryvonKramer

Jack Brisco has been outed by old timers as a heavy drinker and smoker who got away with it because he was so talented. He's hardly an archetype of a perfect athletic physique.

If you want to see what the natural limit looks like you should go back to the early 20th century with George Hackenshmidt and other early bodybuilders/wrestlers who didn't even have access to steroids or other drugs used by bodybuilders today. Whether or not it's possible to come close to those physiques while wrestling hard matches every night and constantly traveling is a different matter, though. Natty limit for WWE wrestlers is probably CM Punk.

I personally find the lean/muscular guys like Rude and Del Rio appear too skinny in that they appear almost breakable. I prefer guys to have a sort of thickness to them that allows them to absorb bumps. I think Orndorff is a good example of that build even if he can be a little too jacked for my liking. I prefer Piper at the time as being obviously muscular but not bursting from the seams. Vader also has a great big guy physique with some belly hang but not sloppy 'falling over the tights' fat. He looked like a NFL lineman.

I always liked Scott Norton. He wasn't always chiseled but he looked like a beast and that he could lift the hell outta some heavy things. Like no one is picking on that guy in the street. Dude's chest was huge.

I remember thinking the same about Kenta Kobashi at one time too. But I've always been a huge dude myself, so I could never relate to someone like Rick Rude or Lex Luger.

Before Bix or Kris get in: Dale Veasey, Jeep Swenson and The Warlord.

an occasional poster here once mentioned to me that when he was trading tapes, he got a lottttttttt of scott putski requests from that crowd

makes perfect sense, and it's weirdly impressive that he's pulled off that kind of appeal in 2 different ways: as a ridiculously lean 8-pack-abs guy in the WWF, then as a big ol' musclebear in WCW