Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
GOTNW

[1986-06-12-AJPW] Masanobu Fuchi vs Hiro Saito

The opening portion of this one was intriguing as Saito completely dominated Fuchi mostly with stomps and punchs, some were nice but overall Saito's punches and stomps didn't look good enough to have significant merit on their own nor did they look bad enough to take away from the match, the quality of this one was mostly down to how they were gonna follow up the beatdown and that's where the match really took off, Fuchi went absolutely berserk just blasting Saito with amazing punches and just beat the shit out of him and when he satisfied my bloodthirst they transition to the closing stretch which was mostly built around big nearfalls including a swell count-out tease. Also worth noting is that Fuchi hit a Dropkick that was so good I replayed it about five times. Good stuff.

Impossibly gritty, underrated, blood-drenched classic. Saito bloodying Fuchi's ear in the opening and contstantly attacking it with nasty punches was some amazing violent pro wrestling. Fuchi throwing wild punches and fist drops like Jerry Lawler was great, and his dropkick was such a fantastic, simple spot. The finishing stretch of the match was really well worked and felt equal to a high end lucha brawl. Loved Fuchi leaving a bloody imprint of his ear on Saito's side while applying the back suplex. I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up in my Top 3-5 80s AJPW singles matches. After watching this I was wondering if Fuchi ever had a hair match in Tijuana, and thinking I should really watch more Hiro Saito.