Pro Wrestling Only

UNITED STATES WRESTLING ASSOCIATION

kevinmcfl

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Edgar, that food is going to be hot. I do have to voice some concern of the Iron Sheik being a world champion at this point with a plethora of other top guys you have on your roster. It just seems like a weak choice however I've been wrong in the past and I could be wrong again with this. I think you've got a lot of ovens in the fire and a lot of people in a few and the world title is almost second nature to a lot of these feuds when it comes down to the emotion that goes into them. Hopefully that Focus can be redirected over the next couple of months and she can either be a great Champion or someone who can transition the title to somebody who is white hot like a gordy like a kerry like a Dusty or like a Harley somebody who's really going to make that title worthwhile in the long run

8hfWQP9.jpg?3

USWA WRESTLING: MID-SOUTH

9/8/1984: WTBS

9:05-10:35

TAPED IN SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA

BhI95rGs.jpg?3

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to Mid-South Wrestling from Shreveport, Louisiana and the Irish McNeil’s Boys Club here on WTBS. I am Jim Ross and my partner and President of Mid-South Wrestling is Cowboy Bill Watts.”

The show starts by really hyping up Parade of Champions II as Jim Ross explains that there are 4 new champions in the USWA including a new World Champion, the Iron Sheik.

The crowd gives a chorus of boos as Jim Ross continues. Ross spends some time hyping up the Lumberjack Match between Hacksaw Reed and JYD and says that they are going to show a short video clip of the end of that match and let’s see if this was another of those title changes.

Hacksaw Reed caught JYD with an elbow to the head. He quickly turned his advantage into a Gorilla Press Slam. Victory was his if he went for the pin but instead he backed off. It looked like he was trying to hurt the Dog with more punishment. Slowly JYD pulled himself up with the aid of the ropes and he was slumped over with only the middle rope holding him up. Reed backed away and gave the signal that he was about to use his finisher, the football tackle.

Jim Ross acts like he can see into the future as he warns the fans that if he connects with this JYD is going through the ropes and the back of his head is going to hit the steel barricade.

Here comes Reed!!

At the last second, JYD is thrown out of the way by Hacksaw Duggan and Reed goes flying through the ropes head first into the steel barricade. He is busted wide open. Tommy Rich and Kerry Von Erich quickly throw Reed back into the ring. The other Lumberjacks may not like Reed but they believe this was all unfair. The lumberjacks are in an all-out brawl out on the floor as JYD simple falls onto Reed for the cover.

1….

2….

When the video ends we see JYD and Hacksaw Duggan at the interview desk. When Ross asked Duggan why he did what he did Hacksaw replied:

“I have been away for a while but I always followed what why happening down here in the Mid-South. I just got sick and tired of listening to Reed and his arrogance. I have talked to JYD and he kept telling me how Reed would get himself disqualified to save his belt. I must admit that Reed was good the other night. Real good! But a lumberjack match is a lumberjack match and it gets physical. If Reed has a problem let him come and tell me.”

JYD begins talking about how proud he is to hold the North American Title when we hear Jim Ross.

“Wait a minute. What is Hacksaw Reed doing out here?

Reed grabs the microphone

“Listen up boy. You know as well as I do that you didn’t win that belt and I am telling you another thing. You ain’t keeping that belt. I am guaranteed a rematch and I know that in just a couple of days, I am going to have you running with your head between your legs.

JYD is angry at being called boy and doesn’t back down.

Reed continues on about how he realizes he made one mistake.

“I know I am the man around here but the scum around here are so backstabbing that I should not always try to stand a alone. I know I can’t trust people who say that they got my back. I have seen too much of that crap where nobody keeps their word. So there was only one thing I could do. Go out and buy protection. Protection from cheats like Duggan. Protection from other snakes like Tommy Rich. Protection from anybody who calls this rotten place home. I needed someone who really works for me. Someone who will do exactly what I ask as long as I pay him It took a little thinking but then I came up with the perfect solution.

Jim Ross asks who that perfect solution maybe but Reed says he always feels it is better to show a person something rather than just to say it.

WHAM

All of a sudden we hear Jim Ross going crazy how the Cuban Assassin is back and he and Hacksaw Reed are all over Duggan and JYD.

This show has started on fire and the brawl rages all over the studio. Eventually wrestlers and officials pour out from the back and order is restored but Cowboy Bill Watts is furious that Reed has gone out and hired The CUBAN Assassin. Watts goes on about God, family and nation. He is also not surprised that someone like Reed would hire someone like the Cuban Assassin to be his bodyguard.

------------------COMMERCIAL BREAK/PROMOS-----------------

As we come out of break Ross and Watts review what just happened but then discuss the Gauntlet Glove and what a surprise it was to see Dr. Death, Steve Williams at the Parade of Champions. They also discuss how powerful he was in his victory over Billy Jack to capture the Gauntlet Glove.

Ross pulls out the hat to see who Williams will face now as he goes for his second victory. Cowboy Bill Watts reaches into the hat and pulls out ………… Ron Bass

GAUNTLET GLOVE MATCH

“DR. DEATH” STEVE WILLIAMS VS COWYBOY RON BASS

Watts and Ross hype this match up as a contest between two of the best of the Mid-South but the match doesn’t play out this way. Williams just destroys Bass in under 6 minutes as the end comes when Williams followed up a nasty football tackle with the Oklahoma Stampede. The interesting thing here is that the crowd was behind Williams the entire way. Ross explains that this must be because our avid fans saw Williams come to the aid of Freebird Terry Gordy and then embrace between Kerry VonErich.

Williams came over to the interview desk and explains that the last time he was here in the Mid-South he acted like a spoiled brat who thought the world revolved around him. He says he is more mature now and is here as an ambassador to the sport. He also says that he hopes that he and Terry Gordy can work together some more. He goes on to call out the Freebirds and says that their days are numbered. He also says he hopes that he can win 3 more Gauntlet Glove Matches as he would love to be the one to rip the head off the cowardly Iron Sheik.

Again the crowd gives him a nice applause.

MATCH

TOMMY “WILDFIRE” RICH VS NICK KINISKI

A nice 6 minute contest that has some back in forth to it. Rich had enough of Kiniski dirty tactics and started throwing some big haymakers of his own. The end came with the Lou Thesz Press.

Rich headed over to the interview desk and was congratulated by Watt’s. Rich had no interest in talking about the match with Kiniski. He was fired up about how Terry Taylor turned on him at Parade of Champions II.

Ross interrupts and says that we have a little video tape of that incident for those who didn’t see it on Labor Day.

Taylor proceeded to tag in Rich who pulled up Bart by the head and followed up an Irish Whip with a Lou Thesz Press. Rich covered Bart for the pin.

1…

2…

WHAM!

Oh my God, Terry Taylor has come off the top rope and nailed Wildfire with an elbow to the back of the head. He continues to kick and stomp at Rich. The Outlaws just stand by and look on. Taylor puts Rich in the Figure 4 and really amps up the pressure. Taylor signals Bart to come off the rope with the Leg Drop Guillotine which he does. Rich is really in a bad way. Another Leg Drop Guillotine and Taylor releases the Figure 4 and simply walks out of the ring Bart covers Rich for the easy 3 count as the fans wonder what has become of Terry Taylor!

Rich just couldn’t understand why and says if he doesn’t get an answer next week from Taylor right here on TV then he is going to get his revenge the old fashion way.

MATCH

THE FORT BRAGG BROTHERHOOD (PVT Don Kernodle & CPL. Kirchner)

VS

THE OATES BROTHERS

This is a return to the Mid-South for both teams and the Brotherhood really get the fans going with some American Flag waving patriotism. As for the match it was another good back until “The Pride of the USA” Don Kernodle caught Ted Oates in a swinging neckbreaker.

As we go to break, Watts and Ross bring up how deep the tag team division is now and how the Ft. Bragg Brotherhood has now added to that depth.

MATCH

DICK MURDOCH VS JOHN NORD

Again, Ross hypes up a wrestler who has not been in the Mid-South for a while. Watts reminds us that Murdoch has been in World Class for the last few months and wrestling in the USWA but just not Mid-South. Watts makes a few comments on how Murdoch is returning home to the best promotion there is. He is so confident in Mid-South that it almost seems like he is putting down the other USWA promotion.

As for the match, Murdoch as his way with the young John Nord and the end comes after a violent Brainbuster. The move was so nasty, Watts discusses whether or not it should even be legal.

After the match, the fan favorite goes over to the interview desk where he is welcomed back but after that things change rapidly.

Dick Murdoch goes on to ask a series of simply yes or no type questions to Cowboy Bill Watts like Wasn’t I a Marine, Aren’t we in Louisiana and hasn’t Dick Murdoch taken on the toughest wrestlers in the business.

Watts seems confused but answers YES to all.

Murdoch goes on a little history lesson now about the time he took out this wrestler and that wrestler and Cowboy Bill Watts asked where he is going with all this.

Dick Murdoch: “Where am I going with all this? Well I have watched for the past three months and every match for the North American Title was between Hacksaw Butch Reed and JYD. I mean come on! Enough is enough. It is time that title gets back in the hands of the right TYPE of wrestler. They don’t call me Captain Redneck for nothing. I went to West Texas State University back in the 1960’s and I know that something like this would never have happened back then. I am tired of sitting back and watching this stupid yellow and black bellied dog walk around he like he is something. JYD! Listen up boy, it is time that Captain Redneck and the South rise again. I am coming for something that don’t belong to you. Shine Up that belt real good cause it won’t be yours for very long.

Jim Ross and Cowboy Watts seemed shocked by these comments as do the fans but they both know there is nothing more dangerous than an angry Dick Murdoch.

This segment begins with another disgruntled wrestler at the interview desk. It is none other than Harley Race who is talking about his favorite subject of late. Dusty Rhodes!

Race goes on the blame Dusty Rhodes for the Iron Sheik becoming the World Champion. He says that if Rhodes never threw in the white towel that Jerry Lawler would never have submitted. He continues to say that No American would have ever submitted to the likes of Skandar Akbar and The Iron Sheik. He wants to know how anyone could call Dusty Rhodes the American Dream after what he did. He says Dusty is more like the American Nightmare handing our World Title to someone like the Sheik. He finishes up by saying that if you have to have something done right, do it yourself. He goes onto explain that the USWA Board of Directors better choose Harley Race to be the new number one contender for the belt and not Dusty Rhodes. He finishes up by saying that if that fat slob Rhodes gets a title shot, the Iron Sheik will stomp all over the blubbering idiot and take the title back to Sand Land but if he gets the shot, the title will once again be around a real champion!

Race storms off as the new Tag Team World Champions come out holding their belts. The Perfect Alliance (Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton) are lead out by Baby Doll and once again Jim Ross takes us to a short clip of the Perfect Alliances victory over the Fabulous Ones.

Baby Doll, Arn and Bobby take turns on the microphone basically hyping up the idea that no tag team in the USWA will ever be able to take the Perfect Alliance down.

All of a sudden the crowd pops as the Fab Ones come out to the interview desk and give it right back to the Perfect Alliance that indeed they are the best team in the USWA and that the titles will shortly be around their waists again.

All of a sudden, another microphone is heard

“You two teams have no idea what you all are talking about. There is only one team on top in the USWA and that is my team but the stupid Americans here in the USWA are just jealous of my men and keep them down because of their beliefs.”

Everybody is looking around as they don’t see anybody but the voice sounds real familiar. All of a sudden Skandar Akbar walks on the set leading his team, The Muslim Connection. (Muhammed and Akeem). Akbar goes on to say how since the USWA Tag Champions never come to World Class Championship Wrestling, he and his men are coming to Mid-South to demand the title shot that they deserve. The Perfect Alliance and the Fab Ones have a concerned look on their faces as Akeem and Muhammed make their way to the interview desk.

Baby Doll is the one person who doesn’t back down and gets right in the face of Akbar. He goes right back at her and tells the Perfect Alliance to get control of their old lady or else. Baby Doll explodes after that old lady comment and knocks Akbar to the ground. This was all that was needed to have the situation blow up. All 6 men are in a full out brawl where there are no alliances.

We have total chaos as we hear Jim Ross says “sorry folks, we are out of time. So long from Shreveport, Louisiana.

As the screen fades to black with see a promotion for this week’s major card at the Baton Rouge Centroplex.

MATCHES INCLUDE:

-NORTH AMERICAN TITLE REMATCH: JYD VS HACKSAW REED

-USWA WORLD TAG TEAM REMATCH: PERFECT ALLIANCE VS THE FAB ONES

XL1ejom.jpg?1

9/9/1984: WTBS

9:35-10:35

TAPED IN DALLAS, TEXAS

jcysDrs.jpg?1

02NQn1Us.jpg?1

BILL MERCER welcomes all the fans to World Class Championship Wrestling here in Texas from the World’s most Famous Wrestling Arena, the Sportatorium in downtown Dallas. Mercer begins the show starts by really announcing to any of the fans that did not see the Parade of Champions II on WTBS that we have a new World Heavyweight Champion.

Bill Mercer: That’s right folks. As much as it pains me to say but the Iron Sheik lead by Skandar Akbar is your new champion. Let’s take a look at exactly how that happened.

A video of the last 5 minutes of the match between the Sheik and Lawler is shown.

When the video ends we see that The American Dream, Dusty Rhodes has joined Bill Mercer. Bill Mercer welcomes Dusty to the set but the Dusty takes over.

Dusty Rhodes: For Dusty Rhodes, The American Dream, that was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I mean to throw in the towel and give the title to the Iron Sheik! And after Sheik and Akbar attacked Lawler before the match! That was really hard. World Champion, Iron Sheik! I can barely even say those words. Sheik! You know how I feel about you. No honor. No respect. You have upset the great people of America. You have brought hard times on the American people. You may not know hard times. I don’t know how you was raised and I don’t care. America has known some hard times. The striking textile workers trying to feed 4 or 5 kids. That’s hard times. The man who has worked for 30 years only to have his job taken by a computer knows hard times. Iron Sheik, you have brought hard times to my friend, Jerry Lawler. I may have a belly a few sizes too large. I may not be the best athlete but one thing I promise you Iron Sheik. I will not let that World Title stay around your waist very long. I will bring that title back to the American people. I promise you that.

As Dusty storms off, Bill Mercer says that is the most determined he has ever seen the American Dream.

MATCH

BRIAN ADIAS VS JOHNNY MANTELL

The match was a nice opener as Adias showed a lot of skill and also some guts as Mantell tried to play it dirty but to no avail. The end came after about 4 minutes when Adias caught Mantell with a Russian Legsweep for the victory.

A rather strange commercial aired here hyping up TEXAS ALL-STAR WRESTLING from the Junction in San Antonio for this Wednesday night where a new Texas All-Star Wrestling Tag Team Champion will be named.

As we come out of break, the Freebirds (now with Precious and Jimmy Jam Garvin instead of Terry Gordy) are at the desk where Bill Mercer seems to be in shock over what happened at Parade of Champions. He asks the fans to watch this video tape and then he wants some answers.

With the ref having no control, the VonErichs somehow took charge as all 6 man were paired off.

This is when the camera catches Precious adjusting her purse. Mike Von Erich and Buddy Roberts were brawling it out and both fell through the ropes. Kerry Von Erich nailed Michael Hayes with a Tornado Punch which sent him out to the floor. Kerry followed him out and went for the Iron Claw. Kevin Von Erich connected with a Super Kick to the temple of Terry Gordy and then climbed to the top rope for his patented VonErich Death Leap!

Precious hopped up on the apron as the ref once was again trying to deal with a match that was completely out of control.

WHAM!

She nails Kevin with her loaded purse which caused Kevin to fall off the top rope. As he fell, his head and neck snapped off the ropes in a really awkward way.

Terry Gordy was slowly recovering from the Superkick and was now going for the easy pin.

1…

2…

WHAM!

Precious nails Terry Gordy with the loaded purse!

Gordy is now out as is Kevin VonErich.

Jim Ross is now heard screaming, “Oh my God, is that, yes it is. It is Jimmy Jam Garvin coming to the ring.”

Garvin hops into the ring and drags KEVIN VON ERICH on top of Gordy.

Jim Ross is in shock as the ref again begins to count.

1…

2…

Bill Mercer: I must tell you that I have never seen such a thing. I mean I don’t condone what Precious did to Kevin Von Erich but then for her to nail your own man with a loaded purse. And stop you guys from winning the title just baffles me.

Michael Hayes: First of all let’s get one thing straight. Terry Gordy was not one of us. Any person who travels all the way to Canada to wrestle by himself for himself in some tournament doesn’t care about the Freebirds at all. He pretended to be with us last week on TV but we all knew that was not true. If you are not 100 percent a Freebird, you are not a Freebird at all. Terry Gordy is dead to the Freebirds and we are now going to make sure he is dead to all of professional wrestling. Next, Steve Williams! You want to stick your nose where it don’t belong. Well you have just passed the first house on Bad Street, USA and I guarantee you, you won’t be reaching the end of the block. We know you are wrestling later tonight and well you know what they say about pay back. It’s A

Bill Mercer: Alright, Michael not here. This is a family show.

Michael Hayes: And speaking of family. We proved the other night that we can beat the first family of World Class anytime we want. VonErich’s we let you have those titles. Now shine them up for us real good cause they are coming home.

As the Freebirds walk off set, Bill Mercer turns it over to Mark Lowrance for our next match.

MATCH

The Great Kabuki & Jake Roberts with Gary Hart

vs Sweet Brown Sugar & Al Madril

A nice 5 minute match that shows Jake Roberts and Kabuki still might not be on the same page after Parade of Champions where Kabuki sprayed Roberts with the green mist causing the defeat. Tonight, they were able to overcome some confusion and got the win after Roberts caught Madril with a DDT.

The same commercial aired hyping up TEXAS ALL-STAR WRESTLING from the Junction in San Antonio for this Wednesday night where a new Texas All-Star Wrestling Tag Team Champion will be named.

As we come out of break, we see Hart, Jake Roberts and Kabuki are at the interview desk where again we see a short video of their match in a handicap match against Chris Adams. The end, when Kabuki sprays Roberts with the mist, is showed in slow motion and it appears that Adams broke free early enough for Kabuki to hold up on the mist.

When Mercer asked if this was the case, Hart replied that his team is now and always was on the same page and then Adams was lucky to escape with the belt. The camera did catch a bit of a smirk from Kabuki when it showed him spraying Roberts. Snake also caught this and gets right in the face of Kabuki. Gary Hart does everything in his power to keep the peace and it seemed to work as they head to the locker room.

MATCH: 6 MAN TAG ACTION

USWA WORLD CHAMPION VON ERICH BROTHERS

VS THE KINISKIS & HACKSAW HIGGANS

(NON-TITLE)

A nice match that gives the fans a chance to cheer for their new World 6 Man Champs. The VonErichs are World Class Wrestling and this match gives a chance to show that. They dominate all but a minute or so when Hacksaw Higgans was able to over-power Mike VonErich. The end came when Kerry VonErich followed a tornado punch with a tag to his brother Kevin who finished off Nick Kiniski with the Top Rope leap.

The VonErichs went over to Bill Mercer where they thanked the fans for all their support in winning the 6 man title but then they got serious. They all expresses their disgust in the Freebirds and Precious for getting involved. They reminded everyone they had the match one until that fluzzy got involved. The VonErichs also reached out to Terry Gordy as they hoped they could continue to build a working relationship.

The same commercial aired hyping up TEXAS ALL-STAR WRESTLING from the Junction in San Antonio for this Wednesday night where a new Texas All-Star Wrestling Tag Team Champion will be named.

The segement begins with Skandar Akbar and the Iron Sheik at the interview desk. Akbar is furious as always and disgusted by how Devastation Inc. is being treated. He explains that he has to go all the way to Shreveport, Louisiana in order for the Muslim Express to get an opportunity in the tag division even though it is clear that they are the best team. Akbar then goes on about how nobody believes the Sheik deserves to be the World Champion. He rants and raves how his man won fair and square and they only reason that he is not getting the respect due to ANY World champ is his nationality.

Bill Mercer basically cuts him off and says it’s time for the Gauntlet Glove Match. Bill Mercer is really excited for a chance to see Dr. Death in action. He reminds us that Williams is only 3 victories away from a World Title Shot. He pulls out the hat to see who Williams’ opponent will be.

Bill Mercer: Facing Dr. Death Steve Williams tonight will be …………. Mr. Wrestling II

GAUNTLET GLOVE MATCH

DR. DEATH STEVE WILLIAMS VS MR. WRESTLING II

Mercer can’t believe it as this is Wrestling II’s first match in WCCW. As for the match, again it is all Dr. Death. He is just too powerful and fast for II. The end comes when Dr. Death follows up the football tackle with a huge Oklahoma Stampede. This match lasted less than 4 minutes and was not the debut Wrestling II was looking for. Williams looks unstoppable and appears on his way to a World title match with the Iron Sheik.

All of a sudden the Freebirds hit the ring and attack Williams 3-1 in search of revenge for him coming to the aid of Terry Gordy. This attack is really brief as we here Bill Mercer screaming, “Here comes the cavalry. It is Terry Gordy and, and, yes it is. It is the “Raging Bull” Manny Fernandez. Wow, what is Fernandez doing here? Gordy and Fernandez are throwing the Freebirds all over the ring. Right hand by Fernandez and there goes Buddy Roberts to the floor. Right hand by Gordy and there goes Jimmy Garvin to the floor. Oh my! Manny Fernandez has Michael Hayes and he whips him across the ring.

WHAM!

Football Tackle by Dr. Death.

Now Gordy has him up!

WHAM!

Powerslam!

Hayes is down and out. Garvin and Roberts basically carry Hayes back to the locker room as quickly as they can. Bill Mercer goes to ringside for a quick interview.

Gordy says he has never been so hurt as when his Freebird brothers turned on him but he is not going to sit back and just take it. He thanks Dr. Death for his help and he finished with the fact that he knew Hayes could never play it fair. He thought tonight he was going to attack Steve 3 on1 or 3-2. Well Steve and I were one step ahead of him. One phone call and the Ragin Bull was here. What you gonna do now Michael Hayes. The Freebirds aint nothing without me and now this Violence Machine we got here is going to run you out of Wrastlin!

Bill Mercer thanks them for the interview and finishes the show. “So long from Dallas, Texas.”

Promotion for Ft. Worth, Texas and the Will Rodgers Center

Matches Include

USWA WORLD 6 MAN CHAMPIONSHIP: Freebirds vs Devastation Inc.

USWA WOLRD TITLE: The Iron Sheik vs Brian Adias

TEXAS HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Chris Adams vs The Great Kabuki

Jake Roberts vs Dusty Rhodes

I like the situation with Dr. Death and Gordy. Even though it is earlier than it happened in real life, these guys, during this time, would have been a helluva young hoss team. I will be honest though "USWA WOLRD TITLE: The Iron Sheik vs Brian Adias" - This just doesn't scream main event to me. I know Sheik is transitional but with so much talent around, this is devaluing your world title in a big way in my opinion. I only hope business doesn't drop too much for when the real change happens.

14vEsWk.jpg?1

9/15/1984: WTBS

9:05-10:05

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to USWA WRESTLING from Shreveport, Louisiana and the Irish McNeil’s Boys Club here on WTBS. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the Big Cat, Ernie Ladd.

The show starts by really hyping up the joining together of Mid-South Wrestling and World Class Championship Wrestling. Jim Ross is really excited to be bringing in such talent as the VonErichs and Chris Adams to the region in addition to seeing all of our old favorites like JYD and Tommy Rich.

Ernie Ladd quickly responds about how interested he is to see how the VonErich boys will do without their Daddy fixing everything for them. Ladd is very confident that Freebirds will soon be the World 6 Man World Champs with the Von Erichs now having to step foot out of Texas and the Daddy paid referees. Ladd is also not so pleased that JYD and others are still around. He says he would be happy if he never saw that Uncle Tom again or that drunken Tommy Rich.

Jim Ross tells him that will be enough of that. Ross does inform us of two changes in the USWA. First of all, he announces some new venues for USWA which include Denver, St. Louis, Birmingham, Sioux Falls and many others. He continues by telling all the fans of are old haunts like Dallas, Baton Rouge, Oklahoma City and Jackson, Mississippi not to worry as we will still be bringing all the great action to those wonderful places.

Jim Ross also explains that the Texas Heavyweight Title will be renamed to the USWA Television Champion with all title defenses coming on television.

Jim Ross now says it is time to get on with tonight’s show. He begins by saying that there was an amazing match last week for the North American Championship between JYD and Hacksaw Reed. Ross takes us the VTR of the last few minutes of the match.

JYD caught Reed with a Thump but the ref was down and unable to make the count. The end came when Reed rushed in to quickly on a football tackle and Dog moved away causing Reed to hit the steel ring post. Dog again connected with a Thump but this time the ref was ready. As soon as the match ended, the Cuban Assassin hit the ring and went to work on Dog. Hacksaw Duggan rushed to Dog’s aid and for a while, the brawl was even. This did not last long as Captain Redneck came to the ring and went wild on JYD. Reed and the Assassin handle Duggan while Murdoch connected with 2 brainbusters on JYD.

When the video was over, Dick Murdoch was to the desk and again went off on JYD and how he was an undeserving North American champion and that Cowboy Bill Watts better smarten up and give him a title shot and make things right around here.

Jim Ross, while the fans are all booing Murdoch, asks Cpt. Redneck if he is listening to the fans right now and Murdoch tells him to SHUT UP!

Ernie Ladd interrupts and comes down on the side of Murdoch. He sees his point and goes on to say that while he and Murdoch might not be on the same page, he loves how Murdoch is standing up for what he believes in. He goes on to explain that Murdoch is not hiding behind the system like that yellow dog, JYD.

Cowboy Bill Watts comes out and says in order for Murdoch to get a match for the North American Title, he must first win a No DQ Four Corner Match to become the number # contender.

Murdoch: What in the world is a 4 corner match?

Watts: A match with 4 wrestlers in the ring at once where it is every man for himself! The other three wrestlers are Hacksaw Reed, Hacksaw Duggan and well, the 4th wrestler should be out here in just a minute.

All of a sudden the crowd explodes……

Jim Ross is heard saying, “Oh my! Business is about to pick up. It is none other than the 8th Wonder of the World, Andre The Giant.

Murdoch’s jaw drops as he staggers backwards. Ernie Ladd quickly starts in saying this is just another example of how to keep good men like Dick Murdoch down. Andre comes right down and gets in the face of Ernie Ladd who doesn’t act so tough now. Then Andre gets in Murdoch’s face and tells him he doesn’t like how he has been acting lately and come September 16th in the Cajundome, he is going to teach him how to respect others!

As we come out of break, Ross seems really excited about the innovative Four Corner Match and the surprise appearance of Andre the Giant. Ladd said he didn’t like it one bit as it was just another the way the USWA keeps people like Reed and Murdoch from getting what they deserve,

Ross was not surprised by Ladd’s negativity but said it was time to get to the ring as we are going to start this new age of USWA Wrestling with a bang. A television title match.

USWA TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

CHRIS ADAMS VS THE GREAT KABUKI with Gary Hart

This match is a great back and forth for about 8 minutes and appears that there will be time limit draw. All of a sudden, the cameras pick up an Asian wrestler coming to the ring with a kendo stick. Jim Ross explains that it is none other than Kendo Nagasaki but he has no idea as to why he is here. Nagasaki and Hart begin to talk and everybody knows this could only mean trouble. Akbar hops up on the apron and starts arguing with ref Pee Wee Anderson. Kabuki whips Adams into the ropes on the opposite side.

WHAM!

Kendo Nagasaki nails Chris Adams with the kendo stick and Adams goes down. Akbar jumps down and allows the ref to turn his attention back to the match. Kabuki simply covers Adams for the 3 count.

Jim Ross explains that this is a horrible way to win a championship but what could you expect from someone like Gary Hart.

Ernie Ladd says he has no idea what Ross is talking about and that Kabuki won fair and square.

All of a sudden, as Hart and his men were celebrating in the ring, Jake Roberts, another member of Hart’s clan hits the ring with Damien the Snake in a large bag. Snake quickly releases Damien and goes after his manager and the Japanese duo. Nagasaki and Kabuki run for cover but Hart slips and falls. Snake Roberts picks him up and nails him with a DDT and then points at Kabuki. The Japanese team grabs Hart and drags him out of the ring and then high tail it back to the locker.

Jake Roberts helps Adams to his feet and the two shake hands and the crowd roars. Roberts goes over to Jim Ross and explains that he saw it last week on the VTR. Hart and Kabuki attacked him on purpose in his match with Adams and he is not going to stand for it and if it is the last thing he does in the USWA, he will get even with Gary Hart!

As we go to break, both Ross and Ladd hype of this great show. Andre the Giant first, a title change next and now, Jake the Snake has turned to the side of good! Ladd disagrees with the last part saying that Snake used to be on the right side!

Jim Ross is excited for the Gauntlet Glove Match as he reminds us that Dr. Death is just two victories away from a World Title shot. Ross pulls out the hat to find tonight’s opponent and asks Ernie Ladd to reach in and find out who will face Dr. Death.

Ladd reaches in and pulls out ……… The Cuban Assassin.

GAUNTLET GLOVE MATCH

“DR. DEATH” STEVE WILLIAMS VS THE CUBAN ASSASSIN

The Cuban Assassin comes out and taunts the fans by waving the Cuban flag. This really bothers Jim Ross but Ladd agrees that he should be able to protest all the wrong doings done to the great people of Cuba.

As for the match, it is another test of Williams’ strength as The Cuban Assassin is another big, powerful man. In the end, it doesn’t matter. Williams is like a bull in a china closet and just runs over The Cuban Assassin. The fans are delighted when Williams follows up the football tackle with the Oklahoma Stampede for the victory.

Ross hypes up the fact that Dr. Death is now just one match away from a title shot with the Iron Sheik and he doesn’t think that there is anything that could stop him. Ernie Ladd says Williams is just on a lucky streak and there is no way he could beat The Sheik.

Skandar Akbar and The Iron Sheik make their way to the interview desk to a chorus of boos. Akbar thanks Ladd for the kind words but then he goes off on how the USWA could even think of giving someone like Williams a title shot. He goes on to say how unworthy he is and that the USWA has many wrestlers who are more worthy like Al Madril and Nick Kiniski.

All of a sudden Cowboy Bill Watts comes out again. He says that he is getting a little tired of Akbar and the Sheik hand picking their opponents. He goes on to say that while Brian Adias is an up and coming wrestler, he is not ready to compete for the World Title. Watts explains that tomorrow night in Lafayette, Louisiana, there will be a #1 contender’s match for the World Title and that match will be between Harley Race and the American Dream, Dusty Rhodes!

The crowd explodes while the Sheik and Akbar both go nuts as they are furious at this announcement.

Watts says he is not finished. He goes on to explain that The Iron Sheik will face the winner of that match in a No DQ Steel cage match in just 8 days at the HemisFair Arena in San Antonio, Texas.

Again the Sheik and Akbar argue that a steel cage is unfair but to no avail as Jim Ross hypes up this latest bombshell.

MATCH

TOMMY “WILDFIRE” RICH VS MEAN MIKE MILLER

This is Miller’s first match in the USWA and he faired well. He is mean and as his name suggests, there wasn’t a rule he didn’t try to beak. The contest went 6 minutes and had a lot of back in forth to it. Rich had enough of Miller’s dirty tactics and started throwing some big haymakers of his own. The end came with the Lou Thesz Press.

Just as Rich gained the victory Terry Taylor entered the ring with a chair and nailed Rich over the head. Rich went down like a sack of potatoes as Taylor went over to Jim Ross where Ernie Ladd was all smiles and gave him a high five.

Ross was disgusted by this action and says that he is not pleased with Taylor since returning to the USWA.

Terry Taylor: “Am I supposed to care if you don’t like my actions? Well I don’t think so. Rich said he demanded an answer from me tonight as to why I turned on him at Parade of Champions. Well consider the chair to the back of your head as my answer. I am sick and tired of everyone treating Tommy “Wildfire” Rich as the golden child. He won a few world titles. Big deal! What has he done lately? NOTHING! USWA Wrestling will not run through Tommy Rich anymore. It is my time and if Rich gets in my way and I clock him with another chair, SO BE IT!

Tommy Rich slowly got to his feet with the aid of a few officials and then shook the cobwebs out. He saw Taylor with Ross and ran over to attack him but Taylor made a quick exit. Ernie Ladd told Rich he had no right interrupting Terry Taylor’s time.

Tommy Rich: ”Shut up Ernie Ladd. Taylor, I have had enough of you. Your actions are those of a jealous dog. I am going to catch up with you and when I do, Wildfire is going to make you wish you never came back to the USWA.”

MATCH: MAIN EVENT

THE FABULOUS FREEBIRDS

(Jimmy Jam Garvin and Buddy Roberts) with Michael Hayes and Precious

Vs

THE VIOLENCE COMMITTEE

(Manny Fernandez & Terry Gordy) with Dr. Death Steve Williams

This is the new USWA at its best. Great matches on TV used to hype up major angles. The match is everything that you could imagine. The result was also somewhat predictable as Precious hits Terry Gordy in the head with the loaded purse. Instead of this giving the Freebirds the pin, this brought about complete chaos as Dr. Death hit the ring and went wild. This gave the Freebirds the victory by DQ but it didn’t seem to matter to anybody. Michael Hayes hit the ring as everybody pared off. Eventually the fan favorites gained control of the ring with the Freebirds on the outside looking in. They thought about re-entering but decided discretion was the better part of valor.

The fans went wild as Jim Ross hypes up this situation. Ernie Ladd, as you would expect, takes the side of the Freebirds. As the show ends, we hear Jim Ross hyping up the card at the Cajun Dome tomorrow night. “So long from Shreveport, Louisiana.”

As the screen fades to black with see a promotion for The Cajun Dome.

Matches Include:

4 Corner Match to decide the #1 contender for the North American Title:

Dick Murdoch vs Hacksaw Reed vs Hacksaw Duggan vs Andre The Giant

#1 Contender Match for the USWA World Title: (There must be a winner)

Dusty Rhodes vs Harley Race

6 Man Tag Action (Winner to face the Von Erichs for the title)

The Freebirds vs The Viloence Committee (Fernandez, Williams and Gordy)

GRUDGE MATCH: LOUISIANA STREET FIGHT

Terry Taylor vs Tommy Rich

Jake Roberts & Chris Adams vs Kendo Nagasaki & Great Kabuki with Gary Hart

And much, much more!!

14vEsWk.jpg?1

9/16/1984: WTBS

9:35-10:35

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to USWA WRESTLING from Shreveport, Louisiana and the Irish McNeil’s Boys Club here on WTBS. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the Big Cat, Ernie Ladd.

Jim Ross begins by saying that there was a wild match last week for the USWA World Tag Team Titles between the Perfect Alliance (Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton) and the Fabulous Ones. Ross takes us the VTR of the last few minutes of the match.

The video begins with both teams struggling to gain control when all of a sudden, Skandar Akbar and his men Elijah Akeem and Kareem Muhammed hit the ring. It is hard to tell who they are after as it just turns into a wild brawl where it is every team for themselves. It even got a little wild outside the ring as Baby Doll walloped Akbar across the head. The ref frantically called for the bell and ruled this match a no contest.

When the video ends, we see the Fabulous Ones at the interview desk and they are fuming. They can’t believe that Devastation Inc. ruined their title shot and they want to get even.

Ernie Ladd was very defiant as he believed that the Muslim Connection should have been the #1 contenders any way and been given the title shot.

The Fab Ones told Ladd to mind his own business as Cowboy Bill Watts made his way out to the interview desk. He agreed with the Fab Ones that Devastation Inc. should not have interfered in their match and he is willing to grant the Fab Ones a match against Akbar’s men tonight in Lafayette but they must understand that the winners will be the #1 contenders for the tag titles.

The Fab Ones accept and everyone seems satisfied as Jim Ross takes us to the ring for our first match. He hypes up Iceman King Parsons who will be making his USWA debut.

The crowd loves him from the get go as he dances his way to the ring with the popular “We are Family blaring from the speakers.

MATCH:

ICEMAN KING PARSONS VS HACKSAW HIGGANS

Iceman has his hands full here as Higgans is big and nasty. In the end, Iceman comes out on top after he followed up a jumping clothesline with a nasty Butt Bump!

Iceman gives a quick stop at the interview desk where he is welcomed by Jim Ross. On the other hand, Ernie Ladd wonders if he can handle it here against the best wrestlers in the world. Iceman quickly responds that he is ready for each and every challenge.

gvu01ei.png?3

Jim Ross is excited for the Gauntlet Glove Match as he reminds us that Dr. Death is just one victory away from a World Title shot. Ross pulls out the hat to find tonight’s opponent and asks Ernie Ladd to reach in and find out who will face Dr. Death.

Ladd reaches in and pulls out ……… Jimmy Jam Garvin

GAUNTLET GLOVE MATCH

“DR. DEATH” STEVE WILLIAMS VS JIMMY JAM GARVIN with Precious

Garvin has no choice but to try and outsmart the powerhouse Williams. He begins with some stall tactics which frustrates Dr. Death. Garvin runs in and out of the ring until he catches Williams by surprise with an elbow to the head. Garvin works over Williams for two or three minutes. This is when Michael Hayes comes to ringside and, along with Precious cheers on Garvin. Williams turns the momentum and goes wild. He whips Garvin into the corner and sets up for the football tackle. Garvin escapes just in time as Michael Hayes jumps up on the apron to distract ref Scrappy McGowan. Precious takes this opportunity to throw the loaded purse to Garvin but it is intercepted by Dr. Death. The fans encourage him to nail Garvin but the ref turned back to the action. He grabs the purse from Williams and begins to admonish him. While this is going on, Garvin sneaks up behind Williams and lands a low blow which the ref somehow missed. Dr. Death hits the mat and Garvin quickly covers him for the 1…2…3. As you would expect, Garvin and Hayes go on the attack and Williams who is at their mercy.

nWhqsIr.jpg?2

Terry Gordy and Manny Fernandez hit the ring and the Freebirds scurry back to their locker room. Jim Ross is sick that such a dirty tactic is going to cost the young Williams a title shot. Ernie Ladd is sick to his stomach at how biased Ross is as he never cared about the kicks and closed fists that Williams was throwing during the match.

Both Ross and Ladd hype up how great the match between the Freebirds and the Violence Committee is going to be tonight in the Cajundome!

A commercial aired hyping up TEXAS ALL-STAR WRESTLING from the Junction in San Antonio for this Wednesday night where a tournament to crown a new World Champion will begin.

MATCH:

HARLEY RACE VS ROCKY JOHNSON

A nice showcase here for Harley Race as he gets a good clean victory over a quality opponent. The end came after about 7 minutes of back and forth action when Race connected with a nasty piledriver.

Race went over to the interview desk where Ladd and he were all smiles. Ladd and Race took turns hyping up how great it is going to be when Race defeats that fat slob, Dusty Rhodes and Race gets a World Title shot against the Iron Sheik.

After a few minutes of this the crowd explodes as the American Dream struts out to the set. Rhodes and Race get in each other’s face and basically challenge each other to make the first move. Officials rush out from the back and push the two away from each other.

Both men began to struggle to get to one another but to no avail.

MAIN EVENT GLOVE MATCH

6 MAN TAG TEAM ACTION

USWA WORLD 6 MAN CHAMPS: THE VONERICHS

VS

THE NEW OUTLAWS (Ron Bass, Bobby Jaggers & Mean Mike Miller)

A nice match were the Louisiana fans really give the brothers from Texas a nice ovation. This match was another nice TV match with a few momentum changes. The challengers almost gained the victory after Ron Bass caught Mike Von Erich with a swinging neckbreaker but Kerry made the save.

The end came after Kerry caught Jaggers with a Tornado Punch and then tagged in Kevin for the Top Rope Von Erich leap.

For once, a USWA show ends in a peaceful way where Ladd again is furious that Kerry VonErich was allowed to throw a closed fisted punch to help secure the victory.

We hear Jim Ross hyping up the card at the Cajun Dome tomorrow night.

“So long from Shreveport, Louisiana.”

As the screen fades to black with see a promotion for The Cajun Dome

Matches Include:

4 Corner Match to decide the #1 contender for the North American Title:

Dick Murdoch vs Hacksaw Reed vs Hacksaw Duggan vs Andre The Giant

#1 Contender Match for the USWA World Title: (There must be a winner)

Dusty Rhodes vs Harley Race

#1 Contenders Match for the USWA WORLD TAG TITLES

The Fab Ones vs The Muslim Connection (Akeem & Muhammed) w/ Skandar Akbar

6 Man Tag Action (Winner to face the Von Erichs for the title)

The Freebirds vs The Viloence Committee (Fernandez, Williams and Gordy)

GRUDGE MATCH: LOUISIANA STREET FIGHT

Terry Taylor vs Tommy Rich

Jake Roberts & Chris Adams vs Kendo Nagasaki & Great Kabuki with Gary Hart

The ever changing pieces of the USWA are great to see as you really don't know what is going to happen week in and week out. I love the trio of Fernandez,Williams, and Gordy... perhaps three of the most bad ass dudes in the business right now.

I know I got shit for pulling together some fatal fourway matches in late 83, but they work well here. I don't think that the idea is totally out of the realm, with someone like Watts, you know he would think about stuff and just need to pull the trigger on putting it out there.

14vEsWk.jpg?1

9/22/1984: WTBS

TAPED IN DALLAS, TEXAS

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to USWA WRESTLING from Dallas, Texas and the Sportatorium, the World’s most famous wrestling arena. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the Big Cat, Ernie Ladd.

The show starts by really hyping up the recent card in the Cajundome in Lafayette, Louisiana. We see a video tape of the main event between Handsome Harley Race and the American Dream, Dusty Rhodes where the winner would become the new number one contender for the USWA World Heavyweight Title.

The tape begins with the two superstars in the center of the ring slugging it out. Right hand by Race! Right hand by Rhodes! Over and over again, these two just throw haymaker after haymaker. Race finally rakes the eyes of Dusty to gain control. Big move after big move could not get Race the win. Vertical Suplex…. 2 count. Indian Death Lock…. No submission. Piledriver…. 2 ½ count. Race couldn’t believe it. He takes a short cut and rams Dusty into the steel ring post and we all know how Dusty bleeds. Dusty starts to shake. Dusty starts to shimmer. Dusty seems impervious to pain. Dusty starts wiggle the finger in the face of Race. Race tries one more right hand. Blocked. Dusty goes wild and after about the 5th right hand, Harley is down. Fist drop to the face. Elbow drop to the gut. Bionic elbow to the top of the skull. Nothing can keep Race down for the three count. Finally after two consecutive piledrivers, Rhodes gets the three counts.

When the tape ends we see the Dream has joined Ross and Ladd at the interview desk. Dusty has the audience hanging on every word.

Dusty Rhodes: In that match with Harley Race, I went to Hell and back. It was a war. A war I refused to lose. In the past, I have beaten Race and he has beaten me but this was something special. We both knew that the fate of the USWA World title has fallen into evil hands. The hands of people who believe it is their job to put down America. To hurt American people. Harley and I both thought we were the best person to stop this attack of the Red, White and Blue! I give Harley a lot of credit but who better to bring that title back to America then the American Dream, Dusty Rhodes. Now, Iron Sheik. I’m coming for you baby. There is no place to run. There is no place to hide. Tuesday night at the HemisFair Arena! San Antonio, Texas. It will be the America coming out on top!

As we come out of break, Ross is again excited to show us a video tape from the Cajundome. This time it is of the 4 Corner Match between Hacksaw Reed, Hacksaw Duggan, Dick Murdoch and Andre The Giant.

The tape begins with total chaos as all men are in the ring at the same time in this format. Hacksaw Duggan has Reed in trouble as does Andre with Murdoch. Unfortunately with all the big bodies flying around, the ref gets knocked down. At this time, Andre catches Reed with the Big Boot and then goes for the Andre splash. He connects but there is no ref to make the count but Reed is no longer a threat. Murdoch ducks away from a football tackle from Duggan which could have taken him out. Instead, Duggan, by accident connects with Andre who is now knocked off of Reed.

Hacksaw Duggan sees a chance now to cover Reed who is still out. As he goes to make the cover

WHAM….

Murdoch had snuck out to the floor and grabbed Duggan’s 2 X 4 that he carried with him to the ring and whacked Duggan over the head. Duggan is now out of it. So is Andre and Reed. Murdoch has his choice of who to cover.

He lays across Duggan just as the ref recovers.

1…

2…

3…

Wham!

Andre tried to prevent the pin but was just a second too late.

As the tape ends, Dick Murdoch is at the interview desk where he is getting a lot of love from Ernie Ladd. Murdoch seems really content with himself but Jim Ross is all over him for his tactics with the 2 X 4.

Dick Murdoch: Are you kidding me Ross. I mean the USWA Board of Directors, including your boss, Cowboy Bill Watts, always tries to stack the deck in order to get what they want. They send in Hacksaw Duggan and that big dope, Andre the Dummy to try and stop me from getting to the Junk Yard Dog. Well, it couldn’t be done. I grew up in West Texas. I grew up hard! I grew up tough. You put something in my way and I bust through it. Now it is time to bust up JYD. I have faced all the big names in this industry and I am still here. JYD will just be the next in a long line of people to be left laying in the middle of the ring by Captain Redneck.

Before we get to the ring for our first match, Jim Ross informs us that Murdoch will get his shot this week in the Hemisfair Arena.

THE GREAT KABUKI with Gary Hart vs JAKE “THE SNAKE” ROBERTS

The fans explode with this one and Snake is all business. He is seeking revenge for Hart and Kabuki turning on him a few weeks ago. As for the match, it is wild and brutal. Kabuki used some nasty martial arts to keep Roberts down for the first few minutes but then it was all Roberts. Roberts connected with a DDT and had the match won but before the ref could count to 3, Kendo Nagasaki rushed into the ring and nailed Roberts with his Kendo stick. Nagasaki got in a few loud CRACKS before Chris Adams hit the ring and Hart and his men beat a hasty retreat.

After the break, Jake Roberts and Chris Adams are at the desk where Roberts is speaking really slowly and you can tell he means what he says. He basically is calling out Gary Hart and his Japanese Assassins and he wants them in any type of match. It doesn’t matter to him if it is a steel cage. Makes no difference but he guarantees that someone won’t be standing after it. Roberts and Adams storm off.

Jim Ross gets us ready for the Gauntlet Glove Match as he pulls out the hat to find out who Jimmy Jam Garvin will be facing. Ernie Ladd reaches in and pulls out ……… ICEMAN KING PARSONS.

Jim Ross let’s us know that Garvin is still 4 victories away from a title shot.

GAUNTLET GLOVE MATCH

JIMMY GARVIN with PRECIOUS VS ICEMAN KING PARSONS

In only his second appearance in the USWA, Parsons is already a fan favorite and he gets the Sportatorium rocking as he comes out to a little “We are family.” As far as the match, Garvin is up to his usual tricks as he tries to run the stall. He knows Parsons will make the mistake and rush in which he does. Garvin uses the advantage now and almost gained the pin after a big body slam. Garvin threw Parsons to the floor and then got in the face of the ref which allowed Precious a chance to give Iceman a huge smack to the face.

The crowd explodes as “Dr. Death” Steve Williams rushes out and chases Precious back to the locker room. Jim Ross informs us that the Freebirds and the Violence Committee (Williams, Terry Gordy and Manny Fernandez) had a wild match in the Cajundome last week.

From here on out, it was all Iceman. Garvin was too distracted by Williams to focus on Parsons. The end came when Iceman followed up the clothesline with a nasty Butt Bump!

Iceman thanked Dr. Death and continued to dance around and high five the fans as he headed to the locker room.

This segment has two quick squash matches.

MATCH

BILLY JACK VS MR. WRESTLING II

In name only, Wrestling II still a big deal. He is on his last leg but can still give you a good four or five minutes. Here, he actually had control but missed the Million Dollar Knee Lift and Jack slipped behind him and caught him in the Full Nelson for the submission victory.

MATCH:

THE OUTLAWS (RON BASS & BOBBY JAGGERS VS THE OATES BROTHERS

The Outlaws were mean and nasty here. The came out in full cowboy attire and were cracking their bull ropes when they entered the ring. The end came when Bass caught Jerry Oates with the Texas Gourdbuster!

TOMMY RICH, HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN & JYD

Vs

HACKSAW BUTCH REED, TERRY TAYLOR & DICK MURDOCH

This match combines three current USWA feuds into one major main event for TV. As for the match, it appeared as if the rules to this sport were never written. Total chaos form the get go. Neither team waited for the bell and the brawl was on as soon as all 6 men were in the ring. Rich vs Taylor, the Hacksaws and JYD and Murdoch all squared off. Ref Scrappy McGowan never got this one under control and basically declared it a No Contest.

As TV time was running out, the 6 men were fighting all over the studio. Ernie Ladd couldn’t believe how the “So called good guys” were breaking every rule in the book. Jim Ross replied with “Gimmie a break Ladd.” As the show ends, we hear Jim Ross hyping up the card at the HemisFair Arena on Tuesday Night in San Antonio.

“So long from Dallas, Texas.”

As the screen fades to black with see a promotion for The HemisFair Arena.

Matches Include:

USWA WORLD TITLE MATCH

The Iron Sheik with Skandar Akbar vs The American Dream

NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH:

Junk Yard Dog vs Dick Murdoch

The Great Kabuki & Kendo Nagasaki with Gary Hart vs Jake Roberts & Chris Adams

TEXAS BUNKHOUSE MATCH:

Hacksaw Reed & Terry Taylor vs Hacksaw Duggan & Tommy Rich

And much, much more!!

(SORRY, A FEW DAYS EARLY BUT NEVER KNOW WHEN I GET THE TIME RIGHT NOW)

14vEsWk.jpg?1

9/23/1984: WTBS

TAPED IN DALLAS, TEXAS

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to USWA WRESTLING from Dallas, Texas and the Sportatorium, the World’s most famous wrestling arena. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the Big Cat, Ernie Ladd.

Jim Ross begins by giving a rundown of tonight’s show when all of a sudden he is interrupted by the Freebirds.

Michael Hayes: Well Jim Ross what do you have to say now. The USWA put the Violence Committee (Terry Gordy, Manny Fernandez and Steve Williams) in the ring with us last week hoping beyond hope that they could put a stop to our rise to the top. Well guess what daddy? The people in the Cajundome saw that there is no way to stop us.

Jim Ross: Don’t you mean there was no way to stop the loaded purse of Precious?

Jimmy Garvin: Now watch your mouth Ross. Precious is a lady and I don’t like what you are insinuating here.

Michael Hayes: As I was saying, just like always the Freebirds came out on top and now it is on to the World 6 Man titles. There is nothing Fruit Loops Von Erich can do now to keep those titles around the waist of his boys. I mean the last time the Von Erich’s walked down Bad Street, we let them make it down the block. We had to make a choice. Beat that turn goat Terry Gordy or win the belts. We knew we could win the titles anytime we wanted so we took the opportunity to teach Bam Bam a lesson of what happens when you put yourself above the Freebirds. Now we are coming for our belts! People of San Antonio get ready for Freebird Mania. The Von Erich’s are going down!

Jim Ross: Well we will just have to wait and see but I have a bit of information for you. I have just been informed that Precious will be barred from ringside.

All of a sudden the Freebirds erupt in anger and say that they will not stand for this.

Jim Ross: Don’t shoot the messenger but we must get to the ring for our first bout.

MATCH:

FT. BRAGG BROTHERHOOD (CPL. Kirchner and PVT. Kernodle)

VS

THE KINISKI BROTHERS

A nice win for the Patriotic duo who came out waving a giant American flag. The end came after about 5 minutes when Kernodle used the swinging neckbreaker for the pin.

Jim Ross is excited for the Gauntlet Glove Match as he reminds us that Iceman King Parsons in just 4 victories away from a World Title shot. Ross pulls out the hat to find tonight’s opponent and asks Ernie Ladd to reach in and pull out the name of Iceman’s opponent.

Ladd reaches in and pulls out ……… Johnny Mantell

GAUNTLET GLOVE MATCH

ICEMAN KING PARSONS VS JOHNNY MANTELL

The crowd is really getting into Iceman and they are dancing in the aisles as soon as they hear the first chords of “We Are Family.” As for the match, Iceman controls all but a minute or two of the action and the win comes after he follows up an Irish Whip with a Big Butt Bump.

All of a sudden, the crowd’s cheers turn to boos as Skandar Akbar leads the Muslim Connection (Elijah Akeem & Kareem Muhammed) to the interview desk. The Muslim Connection are wearing Army fatigues and appear to be all business.

Skandar Akbar: Nobody listened when I said that my team deserved a World Title shot. Well let’s get to the video tape so I can shut you loser Americans up once and for all.

The video tape is from the Cajundome and pits the Muslim Connection against the Fab Ones. The Fab Ones are using their speed but not able to do much damage to Akbar’s men. All of a sudden we see an amazing drop kick from the 310 pound Akeem on Stan Lane. He quickly tagged in Muhummed who climbed to the second rope and hit a massive elbow drop. Akeem made sure that Keirn couldn’t make the save as he knocked him off the apron with a big right hand. Muhammed made the cover and gained the victory.

Skandar Akbar: Did you see that. The power! The agility! The work ethic! Things America doesn’t understand. My men have decided to put on their Army Fatigues because they are at War. War on all you stupid people who put them down. War on the USWA Board of Directors! But most of all, War on the World Tag Team Champions. Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton! Beware. Your days are numbered.

MATCH:

HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN VS HACKSAW HIGGANS

A nice showcase here for Duggan as he gets to show off against another large man. Duggan claims the victory after a football tackle on Higgans after about a 4 minute back and forth.

Jim Ross: Oh by God what in the world are Butch Red and the Cuban Assassin doing heading toward the ring.

WHAM!

Just as the ref makes the three count, the Cuban Assassin nails Duggan with an elbow drop. Reed and The Assassin are all over Duggan for a minute or two and they are hitting him with everything but the kitchen sink. Reed quickly slips out of the ring and looks under the apron. He comes out with a paint can and brush and quickly paints a big yellow strip down the belly of Duggan.

Jim Ross is horrified by these actions but Ernie Ladd reminds us that Duggan brought this upon himself by getting involved in a match between Reed and JYD that he had no business being involved in.

Jim Ross announces that help is on the way as out comes JYD, Tommy Rich and Billy Jack. Reed and his bodyguard make a quick escape as the trio helps Duggan to his feet. Duggan’s hand rubs across the paint and it is the first time that he realized what happened. Duggan is enraged and hightails it to the locker room in search of Reed and the Cuban Assassin.

A camera follows him and Hacksaw is tearing everything up in the arena while screaming for Reed.

Jim Ross says that with the state that Duggan is in right now, it would be best for Reed to stay away if he knows what is good for him.

MAIN EVENT

KERRY VON ERICH

VS

THE IRON SHEIK with SKANDAR AKBAR

The crowd explodes as Kerry comes to the ring but that all changes when Akbar’s leads the Sheik to the ring. They can’t stomach his Iranian flag. They hate his curled toed shoes. They don’t won’t to hear his Tehran, Iran chant but most of all, they hate his manager Skandar Akbar.

As for the match, VonErich gets off to a good start but Akbar helps change the momentum by tripping Kerry. The Sheik seems on the verge of victory after softening up the back of Von Erich and then strapping in the Camel Clutch. Kerry refuses to give in and somehow reaches the ropes. After the hold is broken, VonErich catches Sheik with an elbow and once again gain control. He goes for the claw many times but only to be stopped. He finally catches the Sheik with a tornado punch but Akbar again gets up on the ropes to distract the ref.

WHAM!

Kerry knocked him into next week with another tornado punch. He turns and gets the Brain Claw on the Sheik. The crowd goes wild as the Sheik looks like he is about to give up.

Jim Ross: Oh no, here we go again. The Muslim Connection is rushing to the ring.

Ernie Ladd: As well they should. Another VonErich has just used a closed fist and this rule breaking must be stopped.

Jim Ross: Wait, wait a minute. Kevin and Mike VonErich have attacked Devastatio Inc. from behind. It is a wild seen here but Kerry still has the claw on the Sheik.

The Sheik is stuck in the middle of the ring and has no choice but to submit. Again the crowd goes wild for the victory but the joy is short lived. The Freebirds rush out and join the Muslim Connection in their battle with Kevin and Mike. Kerry quickly hits the scene but it is to no avail. It is still 5-3.

Jim Ross: Oh business is about to pick up. Here comes the Violence Committee. (Gordy, Fernandez and Dr. Death Steve Williams.

There is chaos all over the studio as 12 men have divided into two teams of 6. It is such a wild scene going on that the entire locker room empties to try and get this situation under control.

We hear Jim Ross hyping up the card at the HemisFair Arena in San Antonio for Tuesday night.

“So long from Dallas, Texas.”

As the screen fades to black with see a promotion for HemisFair Arena

Matches Include:

USWA WORLD TITLE MATCH

USWA WORLD TAG TEAM MATCH

The Perfect Alliance (Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton) with Baby Doll

Vs

The Muslim Connection (Elijah Akeem & Kareem Muhammed) with Skandar Akbar

USWA WORLD 6 MAN TITLE MATCH

The VonErichs vs The Freebirds

TEXAS BUNKHOUSE MATCH:

Hacksaw Reed & Terry Taylor vs Hacksaw Duggan & Tommy Rich

The Great Kabuki & Kendo Nagasaki with Gary Hart vs Jake Roberts & Chris Adams

And much, much more!!

14vEsWk.jpg?1

:

9/29/1984: WTBS

TAPED IN STILLWATER, OKLAHOMA

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to USWA WRESTLING from Stillwater, Oklahoma and the rowdiest arena in the world, the Madison Square Garden of the Plains, The Gallagher Iba Arena here on the campus of Oklahoma State University. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the Big Cat, Ernie Ladd.”

The show starts by really hyping up the recent card in the HemisFair Arena in San Antonio, Texas. We see a video tape of the main event between the American Dream, Dusty Rhodes and the World Champion, the Iron Sheik with Skandar Akbar.

As the tape begins, we see the Dream nailing the Iron Sheik with haymaker after haymaker but Akbar helps change the momentum by grabbing the foot of Dusty which allowed the Sheik a chance to hit Rhodes with a knee to the gut. The Sheik took advantage and nailed Rhodes with a series of bodyslams to weaken his back. The Sheik seems on the verge of victory when he strapped in the Camel Clutch but Rhodes refuses to give in and somehow reaches the ropes. After the hold is broken, Dream catches the Sheik with a Bionic Elbow and once again gains control. He goes for the piledriver but it is blocked. Akbar again gets up on the ropes to distract the ref.

WHAM!

Dusty sends him sprawling to the floor after a Bionic Elbow. He turns his attention back to the Sheik and connects with a series of 10 punches which the crowd counts off. One more shot at the piledriver.

WHAM

This time he connects and goes for the pin.

1…

2…

We see Dusty jumping for joy as he has just one the United States World Title.

When the tape ends we see the Dream has joined Ross and Ladd at the interview desk. Dusty has the audience hanging on every word.

Dusty Rhodes: I told you Jim Ross that I was going to bring that title back to the people of this great nation. America, this title is for you. I plan on keeping it around my waist for a long time. It doesn’t matter if it is the Iron Sheik. It doesn’t matter if it is Harley Race, or Hacksaw Reed or even my old partner Dick Murdoch who seems to have turned evil. I am going to give my heart and soul to this title. I have held lots of belts in the past but never something as valuable as the USWA World Title.

MATCH:

NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPION JUNK YARD DOG

VS

MEAN MIKE MILLER

The crowd pops with the first chord of “Another One Bites the Dust.” As we see the Dog come to the ring swinging a big dog chain, we see that he has a good size bandage across the side of his head. Jim Ross informs us that the injury happened during Dog’s match with Captain Redneck, Dick Murdoch earlier this week in San Antonio. Ross explains that Murdoch clocked Dog with a chair and busted him wide open which resulted in Murdoch being disqualified.

As for this match, it is all JYD as he is one angry puppy! He is barking and headbutting all over the place. The match goes less then 5 minutes and comes to an end after Dog connects with the Thump. (Powerslam)

JYD heads over to the interview desk.

JYD: I can tell ya’ll one thing. Dog is really angry. (He gives a little “howling at the moon here”) Captain Redneck, Dick Murdoch knows he can’t beat me so he takes a chair and wallops me upside my head. Well Dog will be ready next time. We going to do some brawling Murdoch this Tuesday in the Myriad in Oklahoma City. I can tell you one thing. If anyone is hitting anyone with a chair, your neck won’t be the only thing leaving that ring red!

As Dog leaves the set we hear Ernie Ladd saying that JYD has always been and always will be an Uncle Tom. He just got you all fooled. He wants no part of Dick Murdoch. Murdoch is one mean dude from West Texas who don’t mind kicking a dying dog. I predict that in the Myriad, we going to have us a new North American Champion.

Jim Ross disagrees wholeheartedly and takes us to the ring for our next match.

THE GREAT KABUKI with Gary Hart vs SWEET BROWN SUGAR

A nice match here as Sweet Brown Sugar really knows how to keep the fans thinking he has a shot. He seemed on the verge of victory after a flying knee drop from the top rope but Hart distracted the ref before the pin attempt. Kabuki recovered enough to spray Sugar in the eyes with the Asian Green Mist and then connected with an illegal thrust to the throat. Hart saw that his work was done and jumped off the apron. The confused ref turned expecting to count out Kabuki but it was Sugar on his back for the three count.

Hart and Kabuki go to the interview desk.

Gary Hart: Jake Roberts has been running his mouth around here for the past few weeks. He says it doesn’t matter to him what type of match it is but he wants Kabuki in the ring one on one. Well for those of you who were at the HemisFair Arena last week and saw him attempt to murder Kabuki by wrapping that snake around him and watching it begin to constrict its huge body must be as disgusted as we are. Kabuki is furious and says he will face Roberts tomorrow night in the Myriad with two stipulations. First of all, it will be a loser-leave town match and it will be a Dragonshi Match!

Jim Ross: Well first of all, Jake Roberts is not in the building right now so I am unsure if he accepts this challenge. Secondly, what is a Dragonshi Match?

Gary Heart: A Dragonshi Match is the most violent match there could be. There are bamboo sticks suspended above each corner and wrestlers who obtain them can use them to do anything they want. Also, wrestlers wear Leather Gloves with steel mesh. They can use the gloves to protect themselves from the bamboo sticks or to rip their opponents faces open with the steel mesh.

Ernie Ladd: That is one tough match. Something I would have loved in my day but I guarantee you that coward, Jake Roberts will want no part of that!

Jim Ross: I would not call Roberts a coward and why should he accept that match. I mean it sounds like Kabuki has a lot of experience in this format while I bet Snake has never even heard of it.

Gary Hart: Well those are our stipulations. He can take them or leave them.

Jim Ross gets us ready for the Gauntlet Glove Match as he pulls out the hat to find out who Iceman King Parsons will be facing. Ernie Ladd reaches in and pulls out ……… MR. WRESTLING II

Jim Ross lets us know that Iceman is still 3 victories away from a title shot.

GAUNTLET GLOVE MATCH

ICEMAN KING PARSONS VS MR. WRESTLING II

The fans continue to love Iceman Parsons. The arena is rocking as he comes out to a little “We are family.” As far as the match, Ernie Ladd tries to hype up Wrestling II’s recent heel turn but Wrestling II seems bothered by the fans giving him the business. Wrestling II might be up there in age but he still knows how to put on a show. After missing with his finisher, the Million Dollar Knee Lift, he really sells the Butt Bump by Iceman which led to the victory.

Ross hypes up that Iceman is now just 2 victories away from a title shot while Ladd says it was all luck.

MATCH

HACKSAW BUTCH REED & THE CUBAN ASSASSIN

VS

BRIAN ADIAS & AL MADRIL

A complete squash match where Reed and the Assassin put a hurting on Adias & Madril. Adias and Madril have been doing well of late but the power of their opponents was just too much. The end came when Reed followed up a football tackle on Madril with a Gorilla Press Slam. As the ref made the 3 count, the Cuban Assassin connected with a running knee to the head on Adias and sent him flying. The Cuban Assassin quickly exited the ring and went underneath and came out with that same can of yellow paint that they painted Hacksaw Duggan with last week.

Jim Ross: Oh no, not again. Why are they doing this to Al Madril?

The crowd explodes as Hacksaw Duggan rushed to the ring. He is taking on Reed and the Assassin all by himself.

Jim Ross: A 2 X 4 to Reed and down he goes. A 2 X 4 to the Assassin and down he goes. Hacksaw Duggan has singled handled emptied the ring. Reed and the Assassin are on the floor thinking about a plan of attack but they think better of it as Duggan is in the ring waving the lumber around like a baseball bat.

Ernie Ladd: I am getting sick and tired of people like Duggan taking the law into their own hands. What gives him the right to hit anybody with a 2 X 4?

Jim Ross: Give me a break Ernie. Did you see that can of paint?

Duggan to the interview desk.

Hacksaw Duggan: Enough is enough. Last week these clowns painted me and now they try it again. Not on my watch brother. Not on my watch. Reed, I got you this week in the Myriad and we will see who the real man is around here.

THE FORT BRAGG BROTHERHOOD (Pvt. Kernodle & Cpl. Kirchner) & TOMMY RICH

Vs

THE OUTLAWS ( RON BASS & BOBBY JAGGERS) & TERRY TAYLOR

Before the match, both Ross and Ladd hype up the wild tag team brawl last week in San Antonio between Hacksaw Duggan and Wildfire Rich against Hacksaw Reed and Terry Taylor. (No mention of the outcome)

This match is wild from the get go. The Ft. Brotherhood gets the fans going with the waving of the American flag while the Outlaws come in cracking their bull ropes and spitting tobacco juice. As the match starts the crowd erupts as it appears it will be Wildfire vs Terry Taylor buy Taylor quickly tags out to Jaggers. The one is total chaos form the get go. Rich and the Brotherhood have no problem mixing it up and this is the exact style the Outlaws want. Both teams have the momentum during this match and it appeared that the fan favorites were going to come out on top. After a nasty elbow drop on Bass by Rich, Wildfire tagged in Kirchner who was trying for the suplex on Bass. Jaggers rushed into the ring but was pushed out by ref Pee Wee Anderson. While the ref was distracted by Jaggers, Kirchner held Bass in a high vertical suplex. Terry Taylor rushed into the ring and

WHAM….. Taylor nailed Kircher with a low blow and Bass feel right on top. Anderson turned around just in time for the three count. Rich went after Taylor but he escaped as quickly as he could and made it to the locker room.

Rich quickly went to the interview desk where you could tell he was really hot and wanted Taylor to come back out.

Jim Ross informed Rich and the fans that we were just about out of time and he would have to wait until next time to get to Taylor.

“So long from Stillwater, Oklahoma.”

As the screen fades to black with see a promotion for The Myriad in Oklahoma City

Matches Include:

USWA WORLD TITLE MATCH REMATCH

NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH: NO DQ MATCH

And much, much more!!

14vEsWk.jpg?1

9/30/1984: WTBS

TAPED IN STILLWATER, OKLAHOMA

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to USWA WRESTLING from Stillwater, Oklahoma and the rowdiest arena in the world, the Madison Square Garden of the Plains, The Gallagher Iba Arena here on the campus of Oklahoma State University. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the Big Cat, Ernie Ladd.”

Jim Ross begins by giving a rundown of tonight’s show when all of a sudden he is interrupted by the Freebirds.

Michael Hayes: Well Jim Ross what do you have to say now. The USWA Board of Directors goes and bans Precious from ringside thinking that would keep us from winning the World 6 Man Championship from those loser Von Erichs. Are you kidding me?

Jim Ross: Well Precious was not there but you still found some help in that match. You can’t deny that can you?

Jimmy Garvin: Now watch your mouth Ross. We won those belts fair and square and you and everyone else around here are just jealous.

Jim Ross: Well I think we have a video clip here that might prove that to be false! Let’s take a look at what happened last week in San Antonio.

The video clip begins just as you would expect a Freebird/VonErich match to be. Chaotic! All 6 men brawling. Action inside and outside of the ring. All of a sudden the ref gets knocked down and from out of nowhere comes a man wearing a mask that says “Mr. Texas.” “Mr. Texas” comes up from behind Mike VonErich and clocks him with a pair of brass knuckles. Mike VonErich goes out like a light. While Kerry and Jimmy Garvin are fighting on the outside, Kevin sees what happened to his brother and gives chase to Mr. Texas. That allows Michael Hayes to get the ref back to the action where Hayes simply covers Mike VonErich for the three count.

Jim Ross: So now that we have seen the video what do you have to say for yourselves?

Michael Hayes: As we said, we won fair and square. We have no connection to that God forsaken state of Texas. We are from Bad Street Atlanta, G A. We have no idea who Mr. Texas is but we do know that these belts are right where we told you they would be.

Jim Ross: Well it might not be party time yet. You are scheduled to meet Terry Gordy tonight in the Myriad.

Michael Hayes: That sounds like a party to me. Gordy has no idea what he is in for tonight. I was and always will be the leader of the Freebirds. He was just the weak link.

With the interview over, Jim Ross hypes the Gauntlet Glove Match as he reminds us that Iceman King Parsons in just 2 victories away from a World Title shot. Ross pulls out the hat to find tonight’s opponent and asks Ernie Ladd to reach in and pull out the name of Iceman’s opponent.

Ladd reaches in and pulls out ……… Chris Adams

Jim Ross: Wow, what a match. This two have been great friends since they both have arrived here in the USWA. This could be very interesting.

GAUNTLET GLOVE MATCH

ICEMAN KING PARSONS VS CHRIS ADAMS

The crowd is really getting into Iceman and they are dancing in the aisles as soon as they hear the first chords of “We Are Family.” The same holds true when Adams comes to the ring. The fans have a tough choice here.

For a change, the match starts with a handshake and then we get a few minutes of some real technical moves. Both seem frustrated at their lack of head way and it begins to get a little more physical. An elbow here and a bodyslam there but they both stay within the rules. There are only about two minutes left and Iceman sees his title shot slipping away as a draw here is a good as a loss. He goes for the butt bump but Adams ducks under and cracks Iceman with a Superkick. Somehow Iceman kicked out at two. Adams keeps the advantage and head another few near falls. As time was winding down, Iceman ducks under an elbow by Adams and comes off the rope and connects with a Butt Bump. The ref counts 1…2… DING DING DING. Iceman was one second away from victory as time ran out. We actually see Iceman and Adams again shake hands and the crowd gives them a nice ovation.

MATCH:

STEVE “DR. DEATH” WILLIAMS

VS

HACKSAW HIGGANS

A nice match here between two real powerhouses. The fans here at Oklahoma State University give Williams a bit of the business as they know he played football for the Oklahoma University Sooners. It is all in good fun as the fans of the USWA have been behind Williams since he came to the rescue of Terry Gordy. In the end, Dr. Death was just one step ahead of Higgans and catches him with the Oklahoma Stampede for the pin in just under 5 minutes.

Jim Ross and Ernie Ladd argue on whether they believe Dr. Death and his stable mates, Manny Fernandez and Terry Gordy are ready to take on the Freebirds for the World 6 Man Titles.

After the match, we see the USWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS, The Perfect Alliance (Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton with Baby Doll) at the interview desk.

Baby Doll: All we have heard about over the past few weeks was The Muslim Connection. Skandar Akbar said his team was coming here for one reason and that was to win the Tag Titles. Well, I think that all changed the other night in San Antonio. Let’s show these fans what I am taking about.

The video tape shows The Muslim Connection going wild on the Perfect Alliance. All 4 men are outside the ring and Elijah Akeem has just dropped Arn Anderson head first across the steel barricade while Kareem Muhammed has thrown Bobby Eaton across the ringside table. He followed that up with a Giant Splash and snapped the table in two. This resulted in a Double Count-out but that was not the end of it by a long shot. Akbar and his men then cornered Baby Doll and in one of the most disgusting acts ever seen, Akbar had his men hold here down to the mat while he climbed to the second rope and leaped off right onto her chest. The video ended with all three members of the Perfect Alliance sprawled out on the floor.

Baby Doll: After watching that video I know two things. First of all you people were not raised right. Whoever taught you to go after a women and do that are not proper people. The second thing is I know is that took all 3 of those goons to get me down. I was raised never to back down. Akbar, if it is a fight you want then you got it. I have already gone to Cowboy Bill Watts and against his wishes, he has agreed to the following stipulation. It will be Arn and Bobby here against the Muslim Connection in a World Tag Team Championship rematch. But this time, when my team wins, it will be me and Akbar in the ring one on one.

Jim Ross: Are you sure you want to do that?

Baby Doll: I am not only sure I want that. I am sure I am going to hurt him. I am as big as he is. I am stronger than he is and when a women like me wants revenge, Watch Out!

When we come out of break we see Gary Hart and The Great Kabuki at the interview desk.

Gary Hart: Just like I thought. Jake Roberts has not shown up tonight. He must have gotten word that we challenged him to a Loser Leave Town Dragonshi Match and he thought better of showing up.

Ernie Ladd: I completely agree with you Hart. We all know that Roberts has no shot at beating Kabuki in a regular match never mind a Dragonshi Match.

Jim Ross: Ladd, you got to be kidding me. You never even heard of this type of a match and now you know that what Roberts is thinking.

Gary Hart: I know exactly what he is thinking. He is thinking that Kabuki is the master and he has no chance. If you accept this match, you would be like a Mississippi bull frog sitting on a log. You would be the one being measured. You would be the one under such attack. If you accept this match, you gonna wish you would just be eating by an alligator. If you accept this match, you can bet that you are going to get hurt. Hurt real bad. So bad that your career may come to an end. Nobody has ever beaten Kabuki in a Dragonshi match and I think you have done your research and found this out. That is why you have not arrived here in Stillwater today. You don’t want to look like the coward you are by not accepting this match so you think if you just stay home, your fans will stand behind you.

Cowboy Bill Watts walks out and grabs the microphone.

Cowboy Bill Watts: Well Gary Hart. You are about to get your answer. Jake the Snake has just arrived and will be out here in about 30 seconds to give you the answer you have been waiting for.

Gary Hart: Well it is a shame I cannot stay and hear his answer. I have a previous engagement that I must get to.

Gary Hart and Kabuki scurry off just as Jake the Snake Roberts comes out.

Jake Roberts: I hear that I have been challenged. Challenged to some type of Dragonshi Match. I told you once and I will tell you again, I want Kabuki in any type of match and if this is what I must agree to, so be it. People of Oklahoma City get ready to see the last of Kabuki in the USWA and he can take that Dragonshi Match back to the land of the rising sun for all I care. That is if the sun ever rises again for Kabuki.

MATCH:

DICK MURDOCH VS JOSE LOTHARIO

A nice showcase here for Murdoch where he puts down the fan favorite with a Brainbuster in about 5 minutes.

Murdock then goes over and gives a promo like only he could do for his upcoming No Disqualification Match with JYD for the USWA North American Title.

MAIN EVENT

KERRY VON ERICH

VS

MR. WRESTLING II

The crowd explodes as Kerry comes to the ring but that all changes when Wrestling II comes to the ring. He has really turned heel here of late and the fans are really giving it to him.

As the match begins, Jim Ross informs us that there are only a few minutes left and that this match will be A TV TIME LIMIT Match. As the match begins, we see a nice back and forth.

Ernie Ladd really hypes up Wrestling II and how he has become even tougher over the last few weeks. Jim Ross is having nothing of it and is disgusted by Wrestling II’s behavior. Wrestling II turns this match dirty after an eye rake but his momentum is short lived. Von Erich is just too quick and powerful for the veteran. As Ross announces that there is only about 1 minute left we see VonErich weaken Wrestling II with the Iron Claw and then connects with a Tornado Punch.

As VonErich goes for the pin, the crowd roars.

Jim Ross: Oh no, here we go again. It is that masked Mr. Texas coming to the ring.

Just as the ref begins the pin attempt, Mr. Texas climbs the rope.

1…

2…

3…

WHAM

Mr. Texas leaps off the top rope but Kerry must have had eyes in the back of his head. He turns at the last possible second and catches Mr. Texas in the Iron Claw. The crowd goes wild.

Jim Ross: 30 seconds to go.

VonErich has Mr. Texas flat on his back and begins to go for the mask.

Jim Ross: 15 seconds to go.

The mask is half off.

We hear Jim Ross hyping up the card at the Myriad in Oklahoma City for tonight.

“So long from Stillwater, Oklahoma.”

As the screen fades to black with see a promotion for Myriad.

Matches Include:

USWA WORLD TITLE MATCH

USWA WORLD TAG TEAM MATCH

The Perfect Alliance (Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton) with Baby Doll

Vs

The Muslim Connection (Elijah Akeem & Kareem Muhammed) with Skandar Akbar

IF THE PERFECT ALLIANCE WINS BABY DOLL GETS A 1-1 WITH AKBAR

DRAGONSHI MATCH

The Great Kabuki with Gary Hart vs Jake Roberts

GRUDGE MATCH

Terry Gordy vs Michael Hayes

And much, much more!!

14vEsWk.jpg?1

10/6/1984: WTBS

TAPED IN DOTHAN, ALABAMA

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to USWA WRESTLING from Dothan Alabama and the Houston County Farm Center. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the Big Cat, Ernie Ladd.”

The show starts by really hyping up the recent card in the Myriad in Oklahoma City. We see a video tape of the No DQ match between JYD and Dick Murdoch for the North American Title.

As the tape begins, we see both men looking worn out. Murdoch has JYD in the corner and hits him with a huge right hand. Dog falls forward and Murdoch picks him up by the hair. Murdoch goes for the Brainbuster but it is blocked and JYD somehow flips Murdoch over his back. You can see the momentum begin to change. JYD connects with three rapid headbutts. Dog then whips Murdoch into the ropes and catches him in a Big Thump (Powerslam). Dog is a little slow to make the cover but it still looks like he has enough to get the pin.

All of a sudden the crowd roars as someone is running to the ring in a long shirt and a pair of jeans. He scoops up a chair on the way.

1…

2…

WHAM…. It is DICK SLATER who has made he was to the ring and has nailed JYD in the head with the chair. Since it is a NO DQ Match there is nothing ref Pee Wee Anderson can do about it. Slater drags Murdoch on top of Dog and Anderson makes the three count. The fans are stunned.

When the tape ends we see a dejected JYD has joined Ross and Ladd at the interview desk.

Jim Ross: I have seen some dirty things in this business but what Slater did last week in the Myriad was one of the worst.

Ernie Ladd: Why, he followed the rules. It was a No DQ Match, therefore Slater had every right to do what he did.

JYD: I have no interest in hearing anything from you Ladd. Murdoch knew he couldn’t beat me. He knew he needed help so he tricked me into getting the stipulation he needed. Two weeks ago, he riled me up by hitting me in the head with a chair. I was so mad, I would have agreed to anything. I should have known better. I should have seen through Murdoch’s plan. I should have seen it coming but I missed it. It won’t happen again.

All of a sudden the crowd rumbles.

Jim Ross: “Oh my, what is this……? It is Ted Dibiase. What are you doing out here?

The crowd is also very interested. They know that JYD and Dibiase have often been at odds but the last time we saw them together, they were partners in a great match.

Ted Dibiase: Don’t worry folks. I am as disgusted by what happened in Oklahoma City as anyone. I was watching and could not believe how low Murdoch and Slater stooped to win the North American Title. I came back here because I owe JYD one. If you last remember, he came back here and saved my butt when he didn’t have to. If you don’t mind, I would like to show everyone a quick video.

Ted Dibiase & Junkyard Dog vs Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard

-We have seen some matches try to steal the show but this is the reason why everyone is here. Gino and Tully have got so much heat as security brings them down to the ring. Dibiase comes out to a nice ovation but fans are still luke-warm on him. The fans come unglued when the JYD comes out and it is pure chaos. JYD is kissing fans all the way to the ring. These guys get a solid 30-minutes and my oh my it is great as a spectacle. Dibiase does some great in ring work with Hernandez and Blanchard to carry the match but it is JYD who makes the match special. He comes in with some huge bombs and he has got the crowd going wild. We see the tease near the end with Dibiase getting busted up on the corner. Hernandez and Blanchard work over the Dog badly but somehow he finds a way to break free. He goes to tag Dibiase who drops down and is shaking his head. He is shaking out the cobwebs but here comes Blanchard to try and finish off the Dog. Dibiase is getting screamed at by the crowd as Hernandez and Blanchard are going for a spike pile driver but Dibiase jumps back in and we’ve got a four way brawl and the crowd is back in! Dibiase and JYD go back to back and then we see Dibiase throw JYD down and take a huge clothesline. Hernandez and Blanchard are working as a unit but JYD has got the momentum. We see him with some huge strikes and then Dibiase comes back and he and Hernandez go out of the ring to the floor. Inside, Blanchard goes for a knee lift but JYD grabs him and hoists him up for the THUMP and the 1…2….3!!! THE CROWD EXPLODES! Blanchard goes out of the ring but Dibiase grabs the briefcase… he steps into the ring and teases hitting JYD with it… instead he opens it up and they start tossing the money around! They shake hands and what a night. The Superdome has seen it all.

Ted Dibiase: You see. JYD saved my butt against Gino Hernandez and Tully Blanchard and now I am here to help him out against Murdoch and Slater. I have never forgotten what he did for me. I still have that briefcase from that night. In fact, I have brought it out here to show everyone how much JYD returning to Mid-South meant to me.

JYD: I know we have not always been on the same side but what you have done for me tonight, is truly awesome. You have made me see the good in people again. I was really beginning to wonder.

The two embrace and Dog is clapping his hands in a real excited way as he walks towards the fans.

WHAM!!!!! Dibiase nails Dog with the briefcase and down he goes. From out of nowhere, Slater and Murdoch hit the scene and Dog is getting hit from all angles. As Murdoch and Slater continue the beating we here Dibiase.

Ted Dibiase: I can’t believe how stupid he is. I can’t believe he fell for it. Remember the Rat Pack days of the Mid-South. Well, the leader of the Rat Pack is back and I am going to be in control USWA Wrestling. You already met two of the members of the Pack. You won’t believe the other two which you will find out tomorrow night. Let’s go boys.

Dibiase, Murdoch and Slater embrace and head to the locker room. Jim Ross can’t believe what he just saw and Ernie Ladd seems excited by it.

MATCH:

USWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS

THE PERFECT ALLIANCE (ARN ANDERSON & BOBBY EATON) with Baby Doll

VS

FT. BRAGG BROTHERHOOD (CPL. KIRCHNER & PVT. KERNODLE)

A really nice opening match with a few momentum changes. Baby Doll and The Perfect Alliance return to their usually spot as heels after a short run as babyfaces in their last few matches with the Muslim Connection. This match goes about 8 minutes and ends with a Spinebuster by Arn on Kirchner followed up by the Alabama Jam by Eaton.

The Perfect Alliance heads over to the interview desk where Baby Doll takes a momentum to thank her team for their victory over Akbar’s Muslim Connection because of the stipulation that if they won, she would get Akbar 1-1 in the ring. She really gets excited as she hypes up how she enjoyed knocking Akbar around the ring. Jim Ross explains to those of us who were not in Oklahoma City how easily she beat Akbar.

Anderson and Eaton start explaining that it is almost two easy. That there isn’t a tag team in the World who could beat them and it doesn’t matter who is next, it will be the same result.

All of a sudden Kevin and Kerry Von Erich come out and ask for a World Title Match and it is fun to see how fast the Perfect Alliance back pedal on their words and say that there is no way they can give the Von Erich’s a title shot. Baby Doll reminds them of all the teams that are ahead of them in the rankings like The Kiniski brothers, the Oates brothers and she goes on to rattle off about 10 teams. She explains that if and only if they beat all those teams can they can have a title shot.

Kerry and Kevin just keep saying how afraid they are and they might claim to be fighting champs but they are just hiding behind a women.

When we come out of break, we see Gary Hart and the Great Kabuki walk out to the interview desk and the crowd gives a loud groan. They know that by seeing Kabuki it means that Jake the Snake Roberts lost the loser leave town match in Oklahoma City and Kabuki is here to stay.

Gary Hart: We warned you Jake Roberts. The Great Kabuki cannot be beaten in a Dragonshi Match. He hit you with that Kendo Stick in the head. In the back, in the ribs and in the legs. Kabuki ripped that steel mesh glove across your forehead until you bled so much you couldn’t see 6 inches in front of you. Let this be a warning to the rest of the USWA. The Great Kabuki is not only the best USWA WORLD TV CHAMPION, he is the most dangerous man in all of wrestling.

Jim Ross: Mr. Hart, you seem to be leaving out the fact that you got involved in the match by throwing some sort of foreign object into the eyes of Jake Roberts and leaving him completely defenseless. You also left out the fact that up until you did that, Jake Roberts was in complete control of the Dragonshi Match.

Gary Hart: How dare you Jim Ross! Falsely accuse me again of such actions and you will be hearing from my lawyers. This interview is over and consider yourself lucky as coming up next is Kabuki and Kendo Nagasaki in the ring.

Ernie Ladd: Yes, Jim Ross, consider yourself lucky. With lies like you just said, I am surprised he didn’t sue you. Now sit back and enjoy our next match.

MATCH

KENDO NAGASAKI & KABUKI with Gary Hart

VS

ROCKY JOHNSON & SWEET BROWN SUGAR

A great tag match that had a lot of speed, martial arts and power moves. The end came with Sweet Brown Sugar being blinded by Gary Hart while Kendo Nagasaki distracted the ref. Kendo tagged in Kabuki who nailed Sugar with a thrust kick to the temple for the victory.

Jim Ross quickly changes the subject as he is sick of Gary Hart and his dirty ways. He gets us ready for the Gauntlet Glove Match and reminds us that today we need to pick two wrestlers from the hat as last week ended in a draw between Chris Adams and Iceman Parsons.

Ernie Ladd reaches into the hat and pulls out ……… Mike Von Erich and Mr. Texas.

GAUNTLET GLOVE MATCH

MIKE VON ERICH VS MR. TEXAS

Jim Ross and Ernie Ladd both hype this up. The masked Mr. Texas is new on the scene but it is obvious that he has a bone to pick with the Von Erich family as he has attacked them two weeks in a row. The match is high paced and had a lot of energy from the fans. They are all over Mr. Texas but it doesn’t matter. In the end, his power is just too much. He has almost 50 pounds on Mike and it is all muscle. Mike caught him with the Iron Claw on two occasions but Mr. Texas just pushed the hand away both times. Mr. Texas weakened VonErich with a few power moves including a belly to belly suplex. He then caught Mike in the Cobra Clutch. Mike refused to give up but soon passes out from the pressure and the ref had no choice but to call for the bell.

Jim Ross is really concerned for the VonErichs with this Mr. Texas after them while Ernie Ladd says it is about time someone stood up to them. The have ridden their fathers position of power long enough and he predicts their complete demise.

THE FABULOUS ONES

Vs

THE OUTLAWS (RON BASS & BOBBY JAGGERS)

The crowd explodes with the first chords of Sharpe Dressed Man. The USWA has not seen the Fabulous Ones for a few weeks since they were beaten pretty good by the Muslim Connection.

This match is wild from the get go. The Outlaws tried every dirty trick in the book but can’t get the victory. After Steve Keirn was really worked over he made a forward roll and a diving to tag in Stan Lane. Lane comes in like a house a fire. He soon has Bass on the floor and is going full steam ahead on Jaggers. He climbs to the top rope and comes off the top rope and nails Jaggers with the ALABAMA JAM for the win.

Jim Ross really hypes that up and says that by using The Perfect Alliances finisher, the Fab Ones are sending a clear message to the World Champs that they are coming for the belts.

All of a sudden “Rock & Roll All Night” by Kiss blares through the speakers and the crowd pops again. This time it is the Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson who come out. Morton starts shaking his hand as Lane while Gibson does the same to Keirn. Then both members of the R N R Express start making the sign of the belts around their waist.

Jim Ross: Oh my. Business is about to pick up here. The Tag Team Champions said there is no one in the USWA who even deserves a World Title Shot never mind defeat them. Now in one night, we have the VonErichs, The Fab Ones and The Rock N Roll Express are laying claim to the #1 Contenders spot. This is going to get very interesting.

“So long from Dothan, Alabama.”

As the screen fades to black with see a promotion for The Boutwell Auditorium in Birmingham, Alabama