Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Dylan Waco

Mr. Pogo

One of the zero reply guys from 2016, thank you to whoever nominated him. When I got into tape trading in the 90s, I watched all the Japanese wrestling that everyone else was watching, I rarely if ever go back to revisit it. The exception being W*ING and this tubby, twisted depraved sadist torturing various deviant low-lifes with knives, scythes, drills, maces and other medieval instruments. One of my treasured tapes was a compilation from Big Japan from later in the 90s, this degenerate was even slower and fatter, would never take a bump, the weapons were more outrageous and he had an army of debased reprobates dressed like him. The crowds were long gone, and he was more warped and twisted than ever. Occasionally I will come across footage of this wretch in his final years having hit rock bottom, stabbing some miscreant in what appears to be a darkened brothel basement, sinful and corrupt until the bitter end. Mr Pogo is a lock for my top 100.

One of the only nominees that when considering how he utilizes his toolbox bell to bell, you literally have to evaluate how he uses a toolbox.

I'd love to vote for Pogo. I really would. I don't see it happening but I guess never say never.

Every negative the Sheik is accused of having, and much less. One of the worst workers of all-time, even "for what he is." It got so bad that I was basically skipping every Yearbook chapter he was involved in because I didn't want to be bothered. Like the Sheik and like peak Reign of Terror HHH, there's never any comeuppance or payback for the shit he pulls, so there's no emotional attachment to watching him wrestle.

Interestingly, my first and really only venture into tape trading that ended up being very short lived due to videos on the internet becoming so much easier to find and watch shortly after, also included Mr. Pogo. The tapes consisted of 6/3/94, a collection of some young fella named Kenta Kobayashi in Zero 1, and a couple of horrible deathmatches with Mr. Pogo in some tiny gyms just digging his scythe into a forehead and back for what felt like longer than the Misawa/Kawada match.

Mr. Pogo fucking sucks. Nothing enjoyable about his brand of deathmatches, and the pre-death match stuff I've seen from him in various territories also sucked. 

12 hours ago, Cien Caras said:

One of the zero reply guys from 2016, thank you to whoever nominated him. When I got into tape trading in the 90s, I watched all the Japanese wrestling that everyone else was watching, I rarely if ever go back to revisit it. The exception being W*ING and this tubby, twisted depraved sadist torturing various deviant low-lifes with knives, scythes, drills, maces and other medieval instruments. One of my treasured tapes was a compilation from Big Japan from later in the 90s, this degenerate was even slower and fatter, would never take a bump, the weapons were more outrageous and he had an army of debased reprobates dressed like him. The crowds were long gone, and he was more warped and twisted than ever. Occasionally I will come across footage of this wretch in his final years having hit rock bottom, stabbing some miscreant in what appears to be a darkened brothel basement, sinful and corrupt until the bitter end. Mr Pogo is a lock for my top 100.

This is easily the best justification post for voting for a certain guy I've seen in a while, only rivalled by the one in the Ultimate Warrior thread :) I will say that Mr. Pogo is actually quite the effective heel and a good character wrestler. Definitely better than Triple H.

I liked the November 1990 match with Onita where Onita just obliterates him with headbutts. And the 1996 Anniversary show match I liked a lot. But I could go the rest of my life without seeing the scythe bullshit again. 

9 hours ago, Jetlag said:

This is easily the best justification post for voting for a certain guy I've seen in a while, only rivalled by the one in the Ultimate Warrior thread :) I will say that Mr. Pogo is actually quite the effective heel and a good character wrestler. Definitely better than Triple H.

I mean, anytime you whip out the term "debased  reprobates," we're on the right track.